No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aw, come on, don't pick on Jor. He's harmless as long as you don't taunt him with mints. Or expose him to "other" ships. Then he's liable to gum your fingers black and blue.
    Last edited by Hatcheter; 21 February 2005, 06:32 AM.

a time to mourn

Comment

Thanks for the welcome everyone!
      I noticed a *Connection* between Shep and Weir in Rising. And I just really love their dynamic. And I've noticed that Weir does not let herself show weakness or doubt in front of ANYONE but Shep. Like in POISONING THE WELL. She had her doubts about testing on Steve and all. She showed them in front of Shep. She's done it a few times. And you know in 38 minutes everyone was in trouble but who was her MAIN concern?

And she's always very focused on Sheppard. I think she knows she can let her guard down in front of him and he won't think less of her for it.

I think HOT ZONE showed that there is trust there, in spite of Weir's doubts on that. Sheppard really does think OUTSIDE OF THE BOX on everything. His way of seeing things and his POV differ from pretty much everyone, not just Weir. And the moment that scientist got free it became a MILITARY issue really. And I like that they had that MOMENT. Bad timing in a sense but neccessary to have. And fun to watch! LOL

There is always a sense of mothering about Weir. I think she does have a nuturing nature, for all that she tends to remain more detached emotionally. Which is understandable. Sheppard is very VERY passionate and emotional really. Which is so cool. And which works well for them being how/who they are. I know going by the stuff put out about the characters by the show that Shep is about the same age or older, but WEir looks older <And I can say that given my age> And I actually like that idea. I think Shep needs an older woman! LOL

I think she looks to him to be there for her. To be her strength and support and he does it without even realizing it at times. He does it in just surviving against the odds.

This could be a very cool relationship if TPTB do it right and take things slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
        This could be a very cool relationship if TPTB do it right and take things slow.
        [sardonic]When was the last time THAT happened? [/sardonic]

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
          Aw, come on, don't pick on Jor. He's harmless as long as you don't taunt him with mints. Or expose him to "other" ships. Then he's liable to gum your fingers black and blue.
          Ahhh jor's attacking! I just said sheyla and he lunged! *runs back to sheyla thread*

Comment

I noticed a *Connection* between Shep and Weir in Rising. And I just really love their dynamic. And I've noticed that Weir does not let herself show weakness or doubt in front of ANYONE but Shep. Like in POISONING THE WELL. She had her doubts about testing on Steve and all. She showed them in front of Shep. She's done it a few times. And you know in 38 minutes everyone was in trouble but who was her MAIN concern?

And she's always very focused on Sheppard. I think she knows she can let her guard down in front of him and he won't think less of her for it.

I think HOT ZONE showed that there is trust there, in spite of Weir's doubts on that. Sheppard really does think OUTSIDE OF THE BOX on everything. His way of seeing things and his POV differ from pretty much everyone, not just Weir. And the moment that scientist got free it became a MILITARY issue really. And I like that they had that MOMENT. Bad timing in a sense but neccessary to have. And fun to watch! LOL

There is always a sense of mothering about Weir. I think she does have a nuturing nature, for all that she tends to remain more detached emotionally. Which is understandable. Sheppard is very VERY passionate and emotional really. Which is so cool. And which works well for them being how/who they are. I know going by the stuff put out about the characters by the show that Shep is about the same age or older, but WEir looks older <And I can say that given my age> And I actually like that idea. I think Shep needs an older woman! LOL

I think she looks to him to be there for her. To be her strength and support and he does it without even realizing it at times. He does it in just surviving against the odds.

I agree with all this really excellent post Merlin. I hope that TPTB just let things go slowly, and just let things work out.

And here is Merlin's fic

http://www.livejournal.com/users/ast...25.html#cutid1

It's really good, I liked it a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
              Ahhh jor's attacking! I just said sheyla and he lunged! *runs back to sheyla thread*
              Whoops! Sorry about that, the little guy's not fully trained yet. I guess we're back on a leash now. At least he doesn't have any teeth yet.

Merlin: nice fic. (satisfied my craving for a good S/W fic fix )

a time to mourn

Comment

Well said Merlin! True about her being maternal which kind of works since our darling Shep can sometimes be a bit of a large child And yes, it could be a very cool relationship! Okay, PTB, the ball is in your court don't mess this one up! BTW, welcome!
                Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Whoops! Sorry about that, the little guy's not fully trained yet. I guess we're back on a leash now. At least he doesn't have any teeth yet.

I think you should post the finger pic again Hatch...

Comment

I love their interaction in Rising. They're feeling each other out, and they both know that it's going to come down to the wire eventually and they're going to face off on something -- but for now they can work on becoming friends and learning about each other so they know how to handle that eventual showdown.

And Weir definitely leans on Sheppard as an emotional outlet. In Home, she was worried about what would happen to the expedition if they got the chance to go home, and she went to Sheppard with her concerns. In The Eye, she showed her fears and weakness to Sheppard, because she had to be strong for everyone else. John she can lean on. Then in The Siege
                    Spoiler:
                    she only shows her fear to others when John's gone on a suicide run and there's no point in holding it all in anymore.

Very true, and this is something that wouldn't have been possible had Sumner stayed around. Sumner, as good an officer as he clearly was, wouldn't have understood her as instinctually as John does.

Huh, I hadn't thought about that. Honestly, I think that episode probably confirmed for Elizabeth, at least, that they've gotten closer than they probably should have. John knew exactly how to manipulate her, and I think that likely scared her more than the actual incident.

Hee, he soooooo needs a woman who's at least emotionally older than him. And that's a good assessment of Weir. She's definitely a caregiver, whereas John is a power personality. He needs her to rein him in, and she needs him to help her make the radical decisions.

Which is why the end of Siege II was so heartbreaking. Elizabeth knows that.

Heh, I'm probably the only person who thinks that this could be a very cool relationship if TPTB take it quickly. I think they need to be less wishy-washy than they were with Sam/Jack. People will probably be less against it if it's not dragged out ad infinitum.

And one of these days I'll post my Season 1 Shep/Weir thoughts, but I think I'll wait until the season has aired in its entirety in the US.
                    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                    Last update: 14 April 2006
                    Melyanna's Multimedia
                    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Thank you. Jor is very cute. Can I pet him? LOL

Comment

Hi Merlin
                        Welcome aboard and great post. Very interesting thoughts and much that I would agree with.
                        I personally would like TPTB to develop the relationship slowly and explore all the different and diverse facets that make up a strong friendship/potential romantic relationship.At least for the next season I hope that they take the opportunity to show us some of the "back story" of these 2 - what makes them what they are, how they think, what makes them tick, why in many ways are they so alike in character yet come from such opposing backgrounds etc. My hope is that with strong and incisive writing, that'll could make for very interesting viewing!!
                        What I hope they do not do is put us through the wringers of UST for any extended period of time. That gets old and boring very quickly!! I might be alone in this, but I genuinely see nothing wrong with 2 lead characters becoming involved - don't think it detracts from the story, in fact I believe it adds to it if well written. Its only natural for these people to start forming close relationships!

PS - don't take the mints if offered

Comment

Originally posted by Kazan
                          Hi Merlin
                          Welcome aboard and great post. Very interesting thoughts and much that I would agree with.
                          I personally would like TPTB to develop the relationship slowly and explore all the different and diverse facets that make up a strong friendship/potential romantic relationship.At least for the next season I hope that they take the opportunity to show us some of the "back story" of these 2 - what makes them what they are, how they think, what makes them tick, why in many ways are they so alike in character yet come from such opposing backgrounds etc. My hope is that with strong and incisive writing, that'll could make for very interesting viewing!!
                          What I hope they do not do is put us through the wringers of UST for any extended period of time. That gets old and boring very quickly!! I might be alone in this, but I genuinely see nothing wrong with 2 lead characters becoming involved - don't think it detracts from the story, in fact I believe it adds to it if well written. Its only natural for these people to start forming close relationships!

PS - don't take the mints if offered
                          Right. NO MINTS! I Think I read about that! LOL
                          I agree..we need more back story. Especially about Shep. We know nothing about him. It's all spec on our part. I think it would be great to see two leads become a couple just keep it real. I think SGA could make it work if they take the time and invest in it. As you say...in Atlantis is makes sense they're going to form close relationships. They're their own small community.

Marimba..Thank you!

Melyanna...I didn't see him as Manipulating her in Hot Zone. He just felt he was right and needed. He felt she didn't see the bigger picture, which she often doesn't, when you have to choose in the moment. That's what I love about them too. John doesn't see the longterm/big picture. In his life/career he's learned to decide in the moment. Weir is the exact opposite. They can teach each other alot. They do have their moments with that. It's fun to watch.

I've seen Siege and it broke me on a couple of levels. WOW

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                            Lets double date! Squeeeeeeeeeeeee...........

Teyla just doesnt interest me in the slightest, but I do like the idea of Teyla/McKay, that might be interesting. Although I love Rodders so much, and after watching his monologue in Letter from Pegasus, I hope fervently that there is no pairing off when it comes to him, but I really think it would degrade his wonderful character.

Rodney happy no. I want to see Rodney gripey,snarky and moany and all that would disappear if the man started getting regular sex. So PTB! Just say no!
                            ROFLOL!!!! Here! Here! Just say no to happy Rodney! We like Rodney snarky--he's much more fun that way!
                            Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                            Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                            Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                              ROFLOL!!!! Here! Here! Just say no to happy Rodney! We like Rodney snarky--he's much more fun that way!
                              I agree but I don't see rodney and teyla working I just feel no chemistry there. at least with shwier their is a friendship and strong chemistry (not as strong as sheyla but still strong) personally I would like to see a dynamic of Shep/Teyla getting in a relashinship and wier assuming the mother role of protecting and being the voice of reason.

Comment

Thank you. Jor is very cute. Can I pet him? LOL
                                Go ahead, just be careful of his mouth. If your going to feed him mints, make sure you toss them to him. He will bite the hand that feeds him:

About the timing of their relationship, I'd like to see them continue this friendship/camradarie/mutual respect thing for another season or two, before they realize "Hey, I'm falling in love". Then it should be resolved quickly.

Show of hands: when Shep inevitably makes it back safely at the end of the season 2 opener, who wants to see a big welcome back hug from Elizabeth, similar to Jack's welcome for Daniel at the start of SG-1's season 2 (though with a deeper meaning behind it)?

a time to mourn

Comment

Working...
                                X