Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See you later SW!
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
      Rising has many Sparky moments, in spite of it only being the first/second episode(s). Besides the ones Luz mentioned, I also like the moment when Elizabeth realizes that John is a natural with ancient technology (still in Antarctica, when John is seated in the Chair).

I like the moment that Rodney brings her to see the Jumper and then John has the jumper cloaked and then when he de-cloaks it, he says to her “that’s why you brought me for” (or something similar ) Oh well, among others!

But from the two Luz mentioned, I think my favourite is when they are at the balcony talking about the possible rescue mission. We can see the first heated sparks flying/igniting then!!!!
      Rising was a great pilot on many levels, though I'd have to disagree about which scenes I consider Sparky. I feel like someone else might have stated this a while back, but I've never considered their argument on the balcony as ship. They were disputing over something business related, and their personal feelings toward one another were not involved in any way. I don't believe that any chemistry they had truly derived from that scene.

I like the scene of them at the party, though. I would believe that that scene was the onset of a possible ship. They were in a relaxed, kicked-back manner, and we see for the first time how they interact with one another when they aren't in the midst of a crisis situation. Note how they lean over the balcony together, and listen to John's tone of voice when he says, "You do realize that I can get us into all sorts of trouble, right?" The fact that John is comfortable being jocular with Elizabeth this early on and that Elizabeth takes John's remark in stride suggests the beginnings of a unique friendship.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      I saw that same thing and had shared it with some people in PM. Whenever the world outside of Sparky land just assumes that Sparky was the "intended" ship it makes me laugh so hard. They clearly don't know anything about TPTW. But it certainly goes to show what ships were obvious despite not being written, and which ones weren't obvious despite certain producers thinking they were.
      To sum up what's been said so far, TPTW were blind to the obvious. They denied what the audience was literally screaming to them (and to this day, we will never comprehend why they were so bigoted, so there's no point in raging), both the audience involved and not involved in fandom. Those who weren't involved in fandom at the time of the airing and were watching the show for their own entertainment clearly had the most objective opinions about ships; after all, they weren't viewing anything through rose-colored glasses. People who read fanfic, watch fanvids, and express their thoughts on forums are easily swayed one way or another, but those who don't go online watch the show with unbiased opinions. It's the thoughts of these people that really count, because they haven't been exposed to other influences besides the show itself. There are many shippers still involved in fandom today helping to keep their ship alive, but there are still so many more out there, though not involved, who just as equally support their ship and content themselves from the comfort of their family room couch.
      sigpic
      Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
      View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and... S-minus 5 hours and 20 minutes to The Kindred Part 1 post-a-thon!

Wow, I go away for a couple of days to go to Comic-Con, and just look what happens!

I think a lot of what I would've said in the current discussion about the "plan" (or lack thereof) for John/Elizabeth has already been well said by several of you, but I think this sums up the end result nicely:

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        That has long been my head-canon as well. No one else ever had that same chemistry like Elizabeth and John did. Which is probably the reason why Sparky is so enduring. I mean, it's been four and a half years since the show went off the air (and even longer since Elizabeth was no longer a main character), and look at the thread. Look at the fandom on Tumblr. Look at the amount of fanfic that has been produced in the name of Sparky.

Yeah. We're nuts. Uh-huh. Okay. *sips another margarita and *
        Not bad for being the ship that was never meant to be, in TPTW's eyes. We're the little ship that just blew up all the other ships and keeps on sailing. Sparkies never say die.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Back home after a few days away and just in time for tonight’s post-a-thon.

Originally posted by Luz View Post
          Good thing I never really cared about whatever their intentions were, lol.
          I choose early on to not pay attention to what they were saying as well since they never seem to be able to show what they kept saying was there.

Originally posted by Luz View Post
          In the end neither pairing was made canon. But Teyla had her family with Kanaan, while Sheppard remained canonically single, sooo... and I choose to believe it's because no one could fill the void left by Elizabeth's absence. And tptb might have wanted whatever they might have wanted but it never happened.
          That’s how I view it as well, in my mind it’s the only thing that makes sense.
          sigpic

Comment

S-minus 1 hour to The Kindred Part 1!

Originally posted by Brie View Post
            I choose early on to not pay attention to what they were saying as well since they never seem to be able to show what they kept saying was there.
            That, and they could never seem to keep straight just what it was they were trying to accomplish story-wise. Of course, that's assuming they ever really had a solid plan to begin with...
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hello all. Guess who's back. I couldn't resist the possibility of the Kindred snark. It is Kindred, isn't it?
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

S-minus 30 minutes!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Hello all. Guess who's back. I couldn't resist the possibility of the Kindred snark. It is Kindred, isn't it?
                Yay, you're back! *glomps you* And yep, Kindred Part 1. This is gonna be soooo good! *rubs hands together in wicked glee*

Comment

Kindred redux

sigpic

Comment

RAWR! That look is so intense. *fans self*

Comment

Okay, I'm back too. I don't like these episodes, but the snark should be fun.

Comment

S-minus 10 minutes!

Comment

I'm here and my DVD is ready. It's been a while since I saw 'Kindred' so this should be interesting.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                            I'm here and my DVD is ready. It's been a while since I saw 'Kindred' so this should be interesting.
                            Me too. I think I rewatched it after it was aired, but I haven't seen it since.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hello everyone, I am here and ready for Kindred part 1.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

S-minus 5 minutes!

Comment

Working...
                                X