Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
    But of course, I hadn't thought of that I've got Battlestar Galactica waiting for me, another great show that I haven't seen yet though...
    Just take your time and enjoy everything as much as you can.

Originally posted by Luz View Post
    I just dropped almost all the shows I was watching (with one exception) because I realised I just didn't care. I need a new sci-fi show, I haven't gotten really hooked on a show since SGA and BSG, it's been too long.
    I barely watched TV, or at least followed any show, before SGA. And now that SGA is no longer showing, I can’t say that I am following any other show with the same enthusiasm, with the same passion, as I did with SGA. I like to watch “Enterprise” and “Continuum” now, but I don’t watch them with the same passion, and if I will miss some of their episodes, I will not care much about it. How I miss SGA!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Speaking of which, I've gotten one vote for each song. But since I've been listening to Carrie Underwood on repeat for the past three days, that's probably gonna be the first one.
    Sorry, it seems we ended up not helping you much.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    I second this. Like Toby Keith said, "I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then."
    In spite of how SGA ended, I don’t regret following Sparky and loving them the way I do.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I didn't like Spoils of War and would have had to hold my tongue on a good many things, so it's probably for the best. (Quick notes - 1) Sam disappears again at a time when the base commander should really be around, 2) Love Teyla but I thought she was a bit off her rocker in this one, 3) John hugs her like you'd hug a rotting squash)
    sigpic
    sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Quick flyby to say I will probably not be here for Spoils of War. I'm going to a local chorus group's spring concert this afternoon.

I didn't like Spoils of War and would have had to hold my tongue on a good many things, so it's probably for the best. (Quick notes - 1) Sam disappears again at a time when the base commander should really be around, 2) Love Teyla but I thought she was a bit off her rocker in this one, 3) John hugs her like you'd hug a rotting squash)
      Why would anyone want to hug a rotting squash? Oh...now I get it. *snort*

I hated SOW when I first saw it. It made my stomach hurt. You can imagine why. This was the one that had so many anvils, it just convinced me that Sheyla would be canon in S5 or before. I have never been so glad to be wrong, but now that I hear what they had planned for the movie, I guess I wasn't wrong, just off by a bit. So, that said, I think my snark will be off the charts on this one.

Originally posted by It's A Paradox View Post
      *comes out of lurker mode*
      Hello, everyone! I've been following this thread for the last three or four months and finally decided to register. So bare with me as I figure my way around here.
      Welcome, we'll be gentle with you. Just jump right in and tell us what you think.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
        In spite of how SGA ended, I don’t regret following Sparky and loving them the way I do.
        I know it sounds crazy, but my favourite otps, the ones I cherish the most are the angstier relationships that didn't get a happy ending. Like, at one point I was so obsessed with Mulder/Scully I thought my life would be over if they didn't get together but when it happened it was like, that's it? A total disappointment and when I think about them it's just, meh. But those otps that didn't get their happy ending still make my heart beat faster.

So, as tragic as Sheppard/Weir was, the fact that Elizabeth's absence left such a gaping painful hole in Sheppard's heart pretty much guarantees that my love for them will never die.

Comment

S-minus 2 hours and 25 minutes to the Spoils of War post-a-thon!

Originally posted by It's A Paradox View Post
          *comes out of lurker mode*
          Hello, everyone! I've been following this thread for the last three or four months and finally decided to register. So bare with me as I figure my way around here.
          Welcome! Pull up a chair, have a mojito, and we hope you enjoy our unique brand of crazy.

I know it sounds crazy, but my favourite otps, the ones I cherish the most are the angstier relationships that didn't get a happy ending. Like, at one point I was so obsessed with Mulder/Scully I thought my life would be over if they didn't get together but when it happened it was like, that's it? A total disappointment and when I think about them it's just, meh. But those otps that didn't get their happy ending still make my heart beat faster.

So, as tragic as Sheppard/Weir was, the fact that Elizabeth's absence left such a gaping painful hole in Sheppard's heart pretty much guarantees that my love for them will never die.
          Hmm, I don't think there's any particular trait that attracts me to a pairing. I like ships wiht flirty banter, angst (in controlled doses), adventure, intelligence, and just all around hotness.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Do you think that Sheppard will ever get a happy ending? I'm pretty sure he will, but never in canon. But in SGAR, he seems to be getting closer to it!
            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              S-minus 2 hours and 25 minutes to the Spoils of War post-a-thon!
              I will be here, ‘Spoils of War’ is another episode I haven’t seen in a long time and I don’t remember anything specific about (other than back then I was hoping that we would get to see Elizabeth more after the end scene on the last episode) but since that didn’t happen it can’t have been much worth to remember about it but I’m looking forward to seeing it with you guys.
              sigpic

Comment

sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

S-minus 1 hour to Spoils of War!

(and why is it that every time I type out Spoils of War, I want to type Spoilers of War? )
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    I hated SOW when I first saw it. It made my stomach hurt. You can imagine why. This was the one that had so many anvils, it just convinced me that Sheyla would be canon in S5 or before. I have never been so glad to be wrong, but now that I hear what they had planned for the movie, I guess I wasn't wrong, just off by a bit. So, that said, I think my snark will be off the charts on this one.
                    I don't take into account anything that person says. Why should I pay attention to someone whose opinion of the show is so low and who couldn't care less about preserving the integrity of this show and the characters? A person who got the show cancelled, that how little he cared.

This movie was never going to be made, it was never even a plan to make it in a distant future, it was never going to be happen, period. And the talks about this ~movie are nothing but a laughable attempt at getting back at SGA fans for getting that other show cancelled, you know they blame us. It's a take that, see what you could have had but you ruined it.

Comment

S-minus 30 minutes to Spoils of War!

I don't take into account anything that person says. Why should I pay attention to someone whose opinion of the show is so low and who couldn't care less about preserving the integrity of this show and the characters? A person who got the show cancelled, that how little he cared.

This movie was never going to be made, it was never even a plan to make it in a distant future, it was never going to be happen, period. And the talks about this ~movie are nothing but a laughable attempt at getting back at SGA fans for getting that other show cancelled, you know they blame us. It's a take that, see what you could have had but you ruined it.
                      Especially when you consider that "spoiler" about the movie was posted right around April Fool's Day...

Comment

S-minus 15 minutes!

Comment

Hello everyone! I am here and ready for Spoils of War.
                          sigpic
                          sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                            Just take your time and enjoy everything as much as you can.
                            Thanks, I will

~~~

Enjoy Spoils of War - I haven't seen it yet, but from what you've written so far it sounds like an episode to look forward to

Comment

S-minus 5 minutes!

Comment

S-minus 3 minutes!

Comment

Working...
                                X