Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
    The wars between Daniel and Sam fans are particularly baffling because these characters care about each other deeply. I think both of them would be sickened by some of their fans.
    Couldn't agree more.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I think the anonymity of the internet only makes the problem worse. It's easier to write outrageous, nasty things knowing that nothing can happen to you because of it.

Let me also add that there's a difference between having issues with how a character is portrayed and charactor/actor/fan bashing.
    Yes, the fact that it's possible to stay anonymous no matter how much hate is spread really is a major fault of the internet.
    I don't understand the need someone has to bash the actor or the actor's fans just because they don't like the character.

Originally posted by Luz View Post
    OMG. The hate aimed at Torri and the ridiculous arguments spewed against Weir and why she wasn't ~worthy, lol. And it was all for nothing because, as history has demonstrated, getting her out of the way didn't magically make their shipper dreams come true.
    Now you got me curious - what were those shippers hoping for?

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
      Back in the day, there were a lot of people who were very happy to see Elizabeth go. They thought with Weir out of the picture Sheppard would be free to ride off into the sunset with Teyla or McKay. Except Teyla got a son and a new life partner and McKay got a new love interest, lol. Poetic justice.

Comment

You have no idea how pleased I was when SGA ended without pairing John with anyone. Dish best served cold and all that.
        And especially since it looked like he was grieving for Elizabeth for the whole last 2 seasons.

Couldn't agree more.

Yes, the fact that it's possible to stay anonymous no matter how much hate is spread really is a major fault of the internet.
        I don't understand the need someone has to bash the actor or the actor's fans just because they don't like the character.

Well there were the Sheyla fans who were pretty sure that their ship would be canon, and then the McShep fans who thought their ship was so obvious that everyone should see it, plus a host of others. Nothing wrong with shipping your choice and no bashing of those ships intended, but some anti-Sparky people got a little intense. To be honest, some of us got a bit intense also and I'm glad it's all done with and here we are still celebrating our imaginary ship.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Back in the day, there were a lot of people who were very happy to see Elizabeth go. They thought with Weir out of the picture Sheppard would be free to ride off into the sunset with Teyla or McKay. Except Teyla got a son and a new life partner and McKay got a new love interest, lol. Poetic justice.
          I know about the McShep ship because I've seen quite a lot of gifs dedicated to it on tumblr. Perhaps making gifs isn't the way of the Sheyla fans

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          And especially since it looked like he was grieving for Elizabeth for the whole last 2 seasons.
          Now that's just sad, but it makes sense from what I've seen in SGA so far.

To be honest, some of us got a bit intense also and I'm glad it's all done with and here we are still celebrating our imaginary ship.
          It's a good thing that the ship war is over, it can be quite exhausting to witness.

Comment

In my headcanon he kept looking until he found her, because I can't cope with John forever alone and depressed. My poor baby deserves a happy ending.

Comment

You have no idea how pleased I was when SGA ended without pairing John with anyone. Dish best served cold and all that.
              You betcha.

In my headcanon he kept looking until he found her, because I can't cope with John forever alone and depressed. My poor baby deserves a happy ending.
              *cough*SGA Rising*cough*
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                So I wanna make a Sparky video out of these songs:

Carrie Underwood - See You Again

Daughtry - Start of Something Good

Thompson Square - If I Didn't Have You

Oh, indecision, indecision. Which to start first?
                By now, you have probably decided which one to start with first, but never the less, if I were you, I would start with Daughtry' song first.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                I had peeked on the thread at work but didn't get to respond due to a particularly busy day, only to discover all the points I was going to say have been said by other people.

Well, now I feel useless.
                There are ways of saying what others said differently. And the way you articulate your ideas, i am sure you will not have problems with that.

And that is what doesn't make sense: if Weir was difficult to write for, why replace her and give the same lines to Sam?
                That only proves, that their real intentions were always to bring Sam to SGA, no matter what. Even if that would mean having to get rid of another character/actor.

I usually visit my friend once a week and we usually watch 5-8 episodes, so we'll finish season 4 in about a month from now.
                Wow, that’s awesome! To be able to watch, that many episodes in a row! I wish i would have the time to do that. So that means we will not have to wait long for your impressions of season 4.

That was the best ending ever!!!!!

And that too, it was really awesome!!! Sad, but awesome!

Spoiler:
                And he did find her!!!!! *SGA Rising* We just need to wait now a wee bit more for the happy ending!!!!
                sigpic
                sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                  Oh yes. I adore Hunter Hayes. I have too many of his songs on a Sparky playlist.
                  Most of his songs have Sparky undertones, don't they?
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I wonder if JS would have enjoyed the political discussions with JF like TH did. The source of all that sparkage that carried over on camera.
                    I guess we'll never know.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                      Wow, that’s awesome! To be able to watch, that many episodes in a row! I wish i would have the time to do that. So that means we will not have to wait long for your impressions of season 4.
                      The problem with watching so many episodes in one day is that it's difficult for me to remember them all

Comment

The problem with watching so many episodes in one day is that it's difficult for me to remember them all
                        I wish I had the discipline. I used to be able to mainline entire seasons in a row but now I can hardly watch two episodes without getting distracted.

Comment

I wish I had the discipline. I used to be able to mainline entire seasons in a row but now I can hardly watch two episodes without getting distracted.
                          It's quite easy because I only watch SGA when visiting my friend - and when I'm there that's pretty much the only thing we do

Comment

It's quite easy because I only watch SGA when visiting my friend - and when I'm there that's pretty much the only thing we do
                            Maybe I need a support system.

Comment

But even though it is awesome, and that also means you will have to watch them all a second time, to remember them better.

I guess some episodes will make you more distracted than others. There are the ones in which you can’t move your head not even for a millisecond!

So there are no other distractions around.

Maybe I need a support system.
                              Or maybe you just need to watch them with someone that will help you keep focused on the show and not in other things around.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                                But even though it is awesome, and that also means you will have to watch them all a second time, to remember them better.
                                But of course, I hadn't thought of that I've got Battlestar Galactica waiting for me, another great show that I haven't seen yet though...

So there are no other distractions around.
                                Nope, no distractions

Comment

Working...
                                X