Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    They live in Gainesville, so I think that would be a bit of a stretch. Maybe there are 2 of them. Oh wait...I'll ask Mr. Google. There are several of them, but the one in Ocala would probably be closest. I know she said it was a bit of a drive. When I was a kid the drive-in was our principle form of entertainment. I went there with my family, my friends and... ahem...on dates. A group of us girls both in HS and college, used to fill up a cooler with sodas and junk food and go to the double creature feature. I remember seeing Night of the Living Dead for the first time at a drive-in. Good times. Now, back on topic. Somebody should get a plot bunny out of this.
    Oooh, stretching out a bunch of sheets on one of the piers to make a screen for an outdoor movie night for the expedition. Or maybe an inflatable screen, like these guys:

Outdoor-Movies.com
    FunFlicks Outdoor Movies

Hey, this looks like fun! Someone needs to go run with this bunny!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Exciting news you've been waiting for: Chapter II of PM is now up on the SGA-R website. John has a big decision to make.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Oh my gosh, the next part of Primus Moven is up!!! *squeee*
        sigpic
        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

personally i'm waiting for "Elizabeth" to ask john just what is the matter with him and him just basically explaining everything to her. i also want to know what Mayel did to put John in this funk because this is definitely a john sheppard we have never seen before.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            personally i'm waiting for "Elizabeth" to ask john just what is the matter with him and him just basically explaining everything to her. i also want to know what Mayel did to put John in this funk because this is definitely a john sheppard we have never seen before.
            I also
            Spoiler:
            want her to ask him about that. But I also think she might have a certain clue of what might be happening to him... maybe?
            sigpic
            sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
              Okay, here is a very brief, fluffy little clip from the S7 SGA Rising fanfic I'm working on.

If you don't read this and wibble, something's wrong with you.

Spoiler:
              Jennifer Keller had just shut her earpiece off when she heard someone running in a nearby corridor.

Then Colonel John Sheppard walked in the room, trying to act as if he hadn’t just run all the way from the control room.

She smirked. “Colonel.”

“Doctor,” he returned, although his eyes were focused elsewhere.

Jennifer couldn’t repress a laugh. “She’s not here yet, Jo--”

Then an Asgard transporter beam shimmered into existence and dissipated, leaving a stack of crates, Carson Beckett, and Elizabeth Weir in their wake.

The doctor cocked her head to the side. “Okay. Now she’s here.”

John nodded, but judging from the smile spreading across his face, she didn’t think that he had really listened to her.

Elizabeth’s grin was just as wide, and just as heartfelt. “John. Jennifer.”

She had barely finished when the colonel rushed to her and enveloped her in a hug.

Jennifer tried to cover the smile on her lips. At first, Elizabeth looked shocked, as if someone had tackled her unexpectedly. Which they had. But as the implications of where she was and who had wrapped their arms around her began to sink in, her raised eyebrows lowered and she returned the gesture.

“Welcome home,” Keller heard Sheppard whisper into her ear, and Elizabeth’s hand clutched at John’s shoulder even tighter.

Elizabeth Weir was home.

And no one was taking her away again.
              I love it, SW!!!!!!!!!

Write more soon, please.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                I love it, SW!!!!!!!!!

Write more soon, please.
                Thanks, I will!

I'm on vacation, aka, house sitting for a few days, so hopefully my fic bunnies managed to sneak in the luggage as well.

ETA: I didn't make John's head large enough in the sig. Gonna fix it tomorrow.

Good night!
                Last edited by ShipperWriter; 23 May 2013, 05:15 PM.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Okay, here is a very brief, fluffy little clip from the S7 SGA Rising fanfic I'm working on.

Spoiler:
                    Jennifer Keller had just shut her earpiece off when she heard someone running in a nearby corridor.

Then Colonel John Sheppard walked in the room, trying to act as if he hadn’t just run all the way from the control room.

She smirked. “Colonel.”

Then an Asgard transporter beam shimmered into existence and dissipated, leaving a stack of crates, Carson Beckett, and Elizabeth Weir in their wake.

John nodded, but judging from the smile spreading across his face, she didn’t think that he had really listened to her.

She had barely finished when the colonel rushed to her and enveloped her in a hug.

Jennifer tried to cover the smile on her lips. At first, Elizabeth looked shocked, as if someone had tackled her unexpectedly. Which they had. But as the implications of where she was and who had wrapped their arms around her began to sink in, her raised eyebrows lowered and she returned the gesture.

“Welcome home,” Keller heard Sheppard whisper into her ear, and Elizabeth’s hand clutched at John’s shoulder even tighter.

Elizabeth Weir was home.

Thank you, SW for this piece of wonderfulness!!!! It was refreshing to read this after reading SGA Rising PM. I mean,
                    Spoiler:
                    seeing the way John is acting, so not him, on this episode has been quite disturbing for me. But never the less i am enjoying the episode and I feel glad because the writers were able to cause this feeling. I am sure all this will turn into something positive later on. And i am enjoying this preparation /”build up” before reaching that stage.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                      Thank you, SW for this piece of wonderfulness!!!! It was refreshing to read this after reading SGA Rising PM. I mean,
                      Spoiler:
                      seeing the way John is acting, so not him, on this episode has been quite disturbing for me. But never the less i am enjoying the episode and I feel glad because the writers were able to cause this feeling. I am sure all this will turn into something positive later on. And i am enjoying this preparation /”build up” before reaching that stage.
                      I'm just curious. Spoilers for Primum Movens.
                      Spoiler:
                      Why do you think John is behaving in a way that is "so not him?" Are you saying he is OOC or are you saying there is a good reason for him to be this way but hopefully something will happen to change him back again, and if so, change him back to what?

I ask because there are a number of times in canon when John has acted almost exactly this way: his anger at Rodney in Trinity, his closed-off reaction to his father's death, his distrust of Franibeth in GitM, his anger again at Rodney in Adrift. John does not trust easily and his experience with Mayel was the last straw that broke his ability to trust anyone. It will take a lot to heal that. Plus, he has lost Elizabeth time and time again and just can't go through that again, so he is protecting himself. That is very much in character, I think.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hey, SR, I just made a new banner (no spoilers) for SGA Rising. Who can I send it to for the website?

I'll post it here once the Internet starts cooperating with me...

ETA: Oh, here it is:
                        Beautiful. I'll send it to Eri and she can add it to the site. She's our techie guru now.
                        This is posted. Thank you for it, it's lovely!

You can find it on the Downloads > Banners page: http://sga-rising.com/index.php/down...sed/14-banners
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

It must be StarTrek theme this weekend I love ur sig there Nola
                          I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
                          traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

She smirked. “Colonel.”

Elizabeth Weir was home.

Love it, it was so sweet and just what I needed today.

Exciting news you've been waiting for: Chapter II of PM is now up on the SGA-R website. John has a big decision to make.
                            Love the new update, it’s amazing.

Spoiler:
                            I don’t feel that John’s reaction is OOC, it’s not something that you might be totally used to other than the parts which you mentioned but it’s not OOC. I do feel that he could use someone to talk to, maybe if he took or got the chance to really talk to Elizabeth (maybe if she ever will come to look like the real Elizabeth again he could find it within him to at least be able to spend some time with her) because I do feel that from the show that even from the beginning she had a way to reach through his tough guy exterior that he allowed few people to see beyond, even in the scene when they just stood in silence, all and all I get why he’s feeling this way but I hope that he will find some peace before the anger ruin something within him that he never will be able to get back and I think that maybe Elizabeth is someone who would be able to at least help him a little (and by this I’m not referring to Sparkyt or anything like that, just the way I mentioned, that she was always someone John could talk to and she was always someone who seem to be able to see him and that she could do it again). And then I also think he misses to eye!sex…*lol* I do think that it will take some time though but I have to feeling that the saying “good things come to those who waits” will apply here.
                            I also have to say that I did notice the part when the kidnapped replicators from ‘Reunion’ was mentioned and it also made me *lol*
                            sigpic

Comment

"Star Trek" theme"! Yay! I'm gonna hafta make a banner and icon this afternoon!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              This is posted. Thank you for it, it's lovely!

You can find it on the Downloads > Banners page: http://sga-rising.com/index.php/down...sed/14-banners
                              Thank you!

I hate to trouble you, Eri, but I just realized the size parameters are way off. I'm going to edit it so it fits sig guidelines and repost it later. Would you mind reporting it on the site when I'm done/when you have time?

Comment

Hey, SR, I just made a new banner (no spoilers) for SGA Rising. Who can I send it to for the website?

I'll post it here once the Internet starts cooperating with me...

ETA: Oh, here it is:

Spoiler:
                                Beautiful. I'll send it to Eri and she can add it to the site. She's our techie guru now.
                                "Star Trek" theme"! Yay! I'm gonna hafta make a banner and icon this afternoon!

Thank you!

I hate to trouble you, Eri, but I just realized the size parameters are way off. I'm going to edit it so it fits sig guidelines and repost it later. Would you mind reporting it on the site when I'm done/when you have time?
                                Sure, no worries. Just post it here and I'll grab it here.
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X