X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Presidential Ball Sweet fic by Hazeydream

Comment

Originally posted by Ebony Wolf
      This is so unfair I have to wait for January to watch SGA and what I've heard about the Hive I just can't wait. [Tearing hair out in suspense. ] LoL just joking though the Hive sounds really good.
      Yeah, it's sooooo unfair..I have to wait too....Can't wait either...
      And about that fic, Presidential Ball, I just read it!
      Hazeydream's in my Author alert =p
      Great fic

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
        Presidential Ball Sweet fic by Hazeydream
        That's a really good fic very sweet. I really enjoyed it.

Icon Made By LadyBozi

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
          ...Anyway, I think that Elizabeth says something about "Colonel Sheppard and his team" and people stop listening halfway through the phrase. I've looked at the transcript of The Lost Boys, and she never once said something about John alone. It was always Colonel Sheppard's team...

You know, that made me think of something. Why don't the atlantis team's have designations? I mean, all the teams from the SGC have designations, SG-1, SG-2, SG-17, and so on. it makes it so you can easily refer the the whole team. If the Atlantis teams had designations, say, SA-1 and so on, Elizabeth could just refer to the designation. It would by-pass the appearance of favouritism (and lets be honest, either because we want it to be there or because we don't want it to be there... I do it to). And frankly it would be much more professional, and easier than keeping track of who's in each and every team. I wonder why they didn't decide to go that route with atlantis? maybe because of the large civilian/scientist contingent?

Magic is a flick of the wrist...

Comment

I was thinking - Shep gets to play "Kirk" and kiss all the women (except for Elizabeth). And she's only kissed Simon, right? That hardly seems fair! Hmmm .. they should kiss each other!

Comment

Originally posted by Nokwalish
              You know, that made me think of something. Why don't the atlantis team's have designations? I mean, all the teams from the SGC have designations, SG-1, SG-2, SG-17, and so on. it makes it so you can easily refer the the whole team. If the Atlantis teams had designations, say, SA-1 and so on, Elizabeth could just refer to the designation. It would by-pass the appearance of favouritism (and lets be honest, either because we want it to be there or because we don't want it to be there... I do it to). And frankly it would be much more professional, and easier than keeping track of who's in each and every team. I wonder why they didn't decide to go that route with atlantis? maybe because of the large civilian/scientist contingent?
              Don't know why..Maybe cause it's a bit longer...SGA-1...I'm not sure if that's how it should go..But I think I've heard it like that...Probably I'm just crazy(and it's a safe bet )...

Well anyway, I can't wait to watch SGA again, and that'll be tomorrow(I don't even know what episode, but I don't really care)

I think I should go to bed now...Yeah, probably a good idea
              G' night

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                Well, spoilers are surprises when you first read them

i'd seen the hug well before i saw it on TV. I squeed when i saw it on the pc and i still squeed when it aired here
                I had no idea about the "hug" so I almost fell off my chair when I saw "Siege 3".

I try not to read too many spoilers, but its almost impossible not to when episodes are already "out there" and folks are talking about them.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                  I had no idea about the "hug" so I almost fell off my chair when I saw "Siege 3".

I try not to read too many spoilers, but its almost impossible not to when episodes are already "out there" and folks are talking about them.
                  That happened to me too, it was amazing!!! I was so excited...I loved that hug, but I agree with you...It's hard knowing you won't watch for a while what others are just talking about, you wanna know more, at least I do. Then, sometimes, I regret =P Maybe cos th episode dissapointed me(whhen you're expecting too much from the episode by the way the last ended, like the Hive...My expectations are just too high) or something else...

Comment

Originally posted by Varekai
                    That happened to me too, it was amazing!!! I was so excited...I loved that hug, but I agree with you...It's hard knowing you won't watch for a while what others are just talking about, you wanna know more, at least I do. Then, sometimes, I regret =P Maybe cos th episode dissapointed me(whhen you're expecting too much from the episode by the way the last ended, like the Hive...My expectations are just too high) or something else...
                    Yeah, that's why I always warn people not to get their hopes up based on the spoiler information I get. Usually things are pretty close, but occasionally episodes are completely rewritten. I think this has been the case with Critical Mass, for example, and Caldwell's first confrontation with Sheppard in Runner was significantly shorter than the version I got, if I remember correctly.

And then there's the matter that spoiler information is often very incomplete. So it's really best not to get your hopes too high based on spoilers and speculation.

But then, I seem to have developed a very zen attitude toward my fandoms. I remind myself that I can change the channel if I really don't like what I see, and I'm much happier.
                    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                    Last update: 14 April 2006
                    Melyanna's Multimedia
                    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Atlantis Team 1?

Away Team 1?

Special Team 1?

Offworld Team 1?

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife
                        Atlantis Team 1?

Away Team 1?

Special Team 1?

Offworld Team 1?
                        They could go Atlantis 1, Atlantis 2, etc....

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                          They could go Atlantis 1, Atlantis 2, etc....
                          Or continue with: Sheppards-Team, Lornes-Team etc. makes it a bit more personal I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                            Nah, don't feel silly about it. It is a legitimate concern – sorry to have snarked at you about the question. I've just read so many ludicrous charges leveled at Elizabeth over how much she worries and how she seems to worry about John and not about anything else that I overreacted.
                            It's ironic don't you think that anti-shippers see Weir's worry as Sheppard pining. Before watching The Hive, I cautiously dipped my toes into the episode discussion thread to get some general feedback and noticed comments that Weir was showing particular concern for Sheppard. But lo and behold, while watching it I took great care to observe if this was the case. Everytime Weir queried about the welfare of the missing team... she either mentioned them as a team or mentioned them each by name. I'm really not sure where all this is coming from but perhaps people are picking up some subtle UST even against their will. If you ask me, I didn't think that Weir showed any more concern for Sheppard than anyone else. But my favourite moment in The Hive was when,
                            Spoiler:
                            she walks in to visit Rodney and has a really lovely deep and meaningful with Beckett.

All this to say that I haven't seen anything which suggests to me that Weir has compromised her position at all. What I saw was a matriarch having her finger on the pulse. In fact, towards the end, I was expecting
                            Spoiler:
                            another hug but of course it never came.
                            It comforts me that Weir is able to continue in her duties and yet show equal concern for the men and women who serve under her. It tells me that if she ever has relationship with anyone, she has the objectivity and inner resource to keep it all together... that she will not undermine her integrity as overseer...
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                              If you ask me, I didn't think that Weir showed any more concern for Sheppard than anyone else. But my favourite moment in The Hive was when,
                              Spoiler:
                              she walks in to visit Rodney and has a really lovely deep and meaningful with Beckett.

All this to say that I haven't seen anything which suggests to me that Weir has compromised her position at all. What I saw was a matriarch having her finger on the pulse. In fact, towards the end, I was expecting
                              Spoiler:
                              another hug but of course it never came.
                              It comforts me that Weir is able to continue in her duties and yet show equal concern for the men and women who serve under her. It tells me that if she ever has relationship with anyone, she has the objectivity and inner resource to keep it all together... that she will not undermine her integrity as overseer...
                              Yes, I think the writers are trying to show how important the whole Atlantis team is to her, the responsibilites she has toward them and with them. Although she may be closer to John, it doesn't mean that she would be less worried for the wellbeing of the others who serve under her.
                              When they're a galaxy away from Earth and loved ones, the people who are with them in this city are becoming more than colleages to them. The bond gets stronger, perhaps the feeling of responsibility and concern become stronger as well.

Comment

*sigh* It's so hard to join in discussions on episodes I haven't seen yet...

I feel Sad

I'm gonna cheer myself up...

aaahhh...that's better!
                                hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Working...
                                X