Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello again! How're you?
    I'm finally home... it's been quite a long day, yeah.
    I've entered the Abyss and never returned.

sigpic

My links: Tumblr || Twitter || VK

Comment

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
      Whoa, another Russian on this forum! *glee* Welcome, Varda!
      Hi! Glad to meet you here
      I believe I've seen at least one more guy from Russia, when I just came to this forum. But we didn't talk much...
      But still two Russian Sparky fans in one thread - that's great!
      I started out as a slasher and then discovered the goodness that was Sheppard/Weir.
      I've been an old kinky slasher too, bur Sparky is just so awesome and gorgeous, and I love John and Elizabeth so much, so... Here I am

P.S. Btw, in what city do you live, if that's not a secret?

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Interesting that after so long we would get 2 Russians in the last couple of years. When did SGA start airing over there?

Also I just watched this Sheppard vid and loved it. No ship, but a couple of great Sparky shots.

I have a couple of acquaintances who've been fans of SGA since 2007 or so; I'm quite a newbie so far, as I finished watching SGA about haalf a year ago. (I've never been much of a TV show-fan, as I preferred books, movies and videogames, but SGU changed my mind).
      Finally I brought myself to register on this forum, and now it seems to be one of the best my decision ever

Nice video!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      That sounds fascinating! Are these general classes that you're required to take to earn your degree, or are you taking them in pursuit of a specific field of study (political science, historian, etc.)?
      It sounds fascinating till the very moment when exam time comes
      That was a joke (c) It's really interesting, yes.
      Actually, these classes are relevant to my profession, as I'm supposed to be a Chinese teacher, who also should have basic knowledge of culture and so on.
      My general classes, btw, vary from Maths to Stylistics of Russian language and Psychology.
      P.S. And I hope to get a certificate in Translation one day, too.
      Last edited by Varda; 23 April 2013, 10:40 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Varda View Post
        Hi! Glad to meet you here
        I believe I've seen at least one more guy from Russia, when I just came to this forum. But we didn't talk much...
        But still two Russian Sparky fans in one thread - that's great!
        Isn't it? I haven't been able to find a lot of Russian Stargate fans.

And I noticed you're also a Mass Effect fan, which is just beyond awesome!

I've been an old kinky slasher too, bur Sparky is just so awesome and gorgeous, and I love John and Elizabeth so much, so... Here I am
        I figured, why limit myself? So now I happily read slash and het and even (*gasp*) gen fic! I'm actually a bit of a multishipper, although Sparky is definitely my preferred het pairing.

P.S. Btw, in what city do you live, if that's not a secret?
        Ryazan.

Comment

So I'm standing at the Apple kiosk in Best Buy, trying to justify why I'm staring forlornly at a MacBook Pro when I can't even afford it.

So I'm just gonna pretend for a few minutes that I do.

I wrote another page, and I have to be back at work at 5:30, so in the meantime I'm gonna find a spot to settle down and transfer the written words to my iPad.

Comment

Isn't it? I haven't been able to find a lot of Russian Stargate fans.

And I noticed you're also a Mass Effect fan, which is just beyond awesome!
            I'm sure there are more, they just hide very well

Oh, yes, I am. How many hours were spent to all three games and multiplayer, how much tears were shed over some episodes and the most favourite heroes... (btw, this is the first game that really made me cry, lol), so... BioWare owns my soul.

I figured, why limit myself? So now I happily read slash and het and even (*gasp*) gen fic! I'm actually a bit of a multishipper, although Sparky is definitely my preferred het pairing.

Ryazan.
            Exactly! I think the same way - now the gender of heroes doesn't really matter, I mostly pay attention to their characters, their thoughts and actions. That makes my life much funnier ^^

I see. Well, that's not that far away

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Varda View Post

Oh, yes, I am. How many hours were spent to all three games and multiplayer, how much tears were shed over some episodes and the most favourite heroes... (btw, this is the first game that really made me cry, lol), so... BioWare owns my soul.
              Same here. Their Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was my first online fandom ever. Aw, memories.

Exactly! I think the same way - now the gender of heroes doesn't really matter, I mostly pay attention to their characters, their thoughts and actions. That makes my life much funnier ^^

Yes, exactly. If a dynamic between the characters appeals to me, it doesn't really matter to me whether the ship is canon or not, whether it's slash or het, etc. John and Elizabeth had one of the most compelling relationships on the show, partly because they represented different worlds and perspectives (military vs civilian pacifist). There was a somewhat similar dynamic in SG-1 with Jack and Daniel, but Elizabeth was not quite as idealistic as Daniel, and Sheppard was not quite as rigid as Jack, so watching the two of them learning to work together was fascinating - it was like a more mature version of Jack/Daniel in a way. And it was nice seeing them bring out the best in each other. Although John wasn't the only one who Elizabeth brought out the best in. I felt she was a very good influence on Rodney too.

Comment

I'm glad as well! Elizabeth is a character that's so easy to root for.
                It is hard to not root for Elizabeth when she is sort of an atypical female leader. She is incredibly smart, a very caring individual, such a tough lady but with a feminine edge. Not to mention she has a huge chemistry with her man!!

Of all the female characters of Stargate, I believe Elizabeth is the best and the strongest too. She might not be a fighter but she is strong because of the way she uses words as her weapon. She is really incredible!

Elizabeth is competent as a leader, but at the same time, emotional and vulnerable as a human being and that’s why she is my favourite character. She holds firmly in what she believes and doesn’t back down.
                sigpic
                sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Yes, exactly. If a dynamic between the characters appeals to me, it doesn't really matter to me whether the ship is canon or not, whether it's slash or het, etc. John and Elizabeth had one of the most compelling relationships on the show, partly because they represented different worlds and perspectives (military vs civilian pacifist). There was a somewhat similar dynamic in SG-1 with Jack and Daniel, but Elizabeth was not quite as idealistic as Daniel, and Sheppard was not quite as rigid as Jack, so watching the two of them learning to work together was fascinating - it was like a more mature version of Jack/Daniel in a way. And it was nice seeing them bring out the best in each other. Although John wasn't the only one who Elizabeth brought out the best in. I felt she was a very good influence on Rodney too.
                  That is a good point, especially considering that Sheppard and Weir were originally scripted to be more confrontational. It's interesting how well their relationship functioned after they made it over a couple major hurdles, ie, trapped in another galaxy, blatant disobedience, Wraith siege, etc. Guess it goes to show, too, how much of an impact the actors can have on the direction their character heads by the way they portray them.

I feel like we've already had this conversation before... Either we have, or it's got something to do with these marks on my hand:

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Also I just watched this Sheppard vid and loved it. No ship, but a couple of great Sparky shots.

Spoiler:
                    That's a great vid, thanks for the rec. Sheppard is such a great character and one of the few male leads I've never wanted to throw off a cliff.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                      That's a great vid, thanks for the rec. Sheppard is such a great character and one of the few male leads I've never wanted to throw off a cliff.
                      Who are the others you haven't wanted to throw off a cliff?
                      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Sheppard is such a great character and one of the few male leads I've never wanted to throw off a cliff.
                        Oh, that's harsh... so, who ended up at the bottom of the cliff?
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                          Who are the others you haven't wanted to throw off a cliff?
                          Aaron Hotchner from Criminal Minds. That's it, that's the whole list.

Comment

Don't know him... I was expecting to hear Rodney's name pop up, to be fair.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Wow. So, only two male leads?
                              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Don't know him... I was expecting to hear Rodney's name pop up, to be fair.
                                I wasn't counting him as a male lead. But yeah, while he could be annoying at times, there was something endearing about him. But then, SGA is one of those shows where I loved every character. I chalk it up to the cast being so awesome.

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                                Wow. So, only two male leads?
                                Yeah, there is something about main male characters, they annoy me. Maybe because most of the time they're self-inserts for the writers who pour all their wet dreams onto them and they end up being nothing more than unbearable Gary Stus. So, most of the time I end up loving the female characters and, if I'm lucky, maybe I'll find the male lead bearable.

I find it easier to put up with male characters when they're secondary.

Sheppard is an exception, I love this character so much (though Elizabeth is my favorite). It's strange for me to love a male character like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X