Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    It happens in Syria every day. Just saying, it happens every where... or it could happen everywhere.
    Exactly. If you think it can't happen where you are, you need to pay closer attention.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

It happens in Syria every day. Just saying, it happens every where... or it could happen everywhere.
      In my country, this kind of attacks happen every few days. When this happens in countries where people are not used and I see people's shocked reactions, it brings home how desensitized we've become to this kind of thing. It's weird how used you can get to this, to the point it doesn't get much press here anymore.

That's not to say I don't feel for the people in Boston and have them in my thoughts and prayers. I really don't like when people say that because some countries have it worse we shouldn't react when this happens somewhere like the US. Quite the contrary, people need to react or you take the risk of getting used to it and thinking it's no big deal.

Comment

Where are you from then Luz?
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
          In my country, this kind of attacks happen every few days. When this happens in countries where people are not used and I see people's shocked reactions, it brings home how desensitized we've become to this kind of thing. It's weird how used you can get to this, to the point it doesn't get much press here anymore.

That's not to say I don't feel for the people in Boston and have them in my thoughts and prayers. I really don't like when people say that because some countries have it worse we shouldn't react when this happens somewhere like the US. Quite the contrary, people need to react or you take the risk of getting used to it and thinking it's no big deal.
          Very good point. We should continue to be outraged every single time.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
            Where are you from then Luz?
            I'm from Colombia, the violence is a result of an on-going internal conflict which has lasted 50+ years. I would explain further but I don't want to go so off topic.

Comment

I'm from Colombia, the violence is a result of an on-going internal conflict which has lasted 50+ years. I would explain further but I don't want to go so off topic.
              Fair enough. I watch the news so I have some idea that things are pretty dicey down in Colombia.
              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                Yeah, that's why I've been MIA. None of my friends or family were involved, but it just hits harder with it being so close to home. And I'm very familiar with that part of Boston. Just a bit shocked is all. We don't think of Boston as the kind of place that would be attacked. We all tend to think that would happen in NY or DC, not Boston.
                I’m glad to hear that you and your loved once are all right. There were a lot of Swedes there running so we got the news here as it happens and it’s extremely sad and tragic just as it always is when something like that happens. It’s awful that the three that lost their lives were all so young and it just shows that everyone can be affected by it wherever you are and no matter whom you are.

Luz, I can’t say that I know how it is personally because we’ve been very fortunate here but I do feel for you and the people there and everyone who lives in places where things like this happens constantly, it’s not something you would wish on anyone and I hope that your country will get better soon.
                sigpic

Comment

...people need to react or you take the risk of getting used to it and thinking it's no big deal.
                  Well said.

Anyhoodle...

Looks like my Nancy is agitated, and Sid is cleaning the last of the fish-food. It's fun to watch my guppies, almost as much as watching TV.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I want to thank everyone for their kind words. But I gotta confess I feel a bit like I hijacked this conversation and that's the last thing I wanted. So, I hope you forgive me if I steer from this subject.

Again, my thoughts and prayers are with the American people in this moment, especially the people from Boston.

Comment

Sometimes real world situations end up in a conversation. We can live in our near perfect fandom world all we like, but we can't ignore what goes on around us like it's not there. That's just my opinion anyway.

Anyway... I have Castle to watch, and Defiance. And Vikings.

Comment

Sometimes real world situations end up in a conversation. We can live in our near perfect fandom world all we like, but we can't ignore what goes on around us like it's not there. That's just my opinion anyway.

Anyway... I have Castle to watch, and Defiance. And Vikings.
                        I didn't mean it like that. What I meant was, you were talking about Boston and it wasn't my intention to barge in and be all "let's talk about my country instead".

Comment

I didn't mean it like that. What I meant was, you were talking about Boston and it wasn't my intention to barge in and be all "let's talk about my country instead".
                          Ah... I don't think anybody will mind, you know.

Comment

Ah... I don't think anybody will mind, you know.
                            We are such an international group here. I think it helps to get the perspective of people from different countries. That's part of what makes the Sparky thread so great. We understand each other's differences and learn from them.
                            sigpic

Comment

Sparky International... sounds like an airport.

Comment

*sends lots of Lemming-hugs* @ JT-2
                                Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                *hugs JT-2* Glad you're okay.
                                Thanks. KISSxSparky.gif

Poundpuppy lives closer to Boston than I currently do. It was very close to the college I went to. In fact, a friend of mine has a daughter currently at that college and she heard the explosions from her dorm room.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Maybe that's why this terrorist chose Boston. Nobody was expecting it. We're used to the extreme security at public events here and I think forget that the rest of the country doesn't get all that. It's the way of the future, I'm afraid. Glad you're doing okay.
                                Yeah, only time will tell what the motive is. We all got excited when CNN said they had arrested someone. Stupid CNN.

I truly hope we never become desensitized like that. Thanks for sharing that.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                We are such an international group here. I think it helps to get the perspective of people from different countries. That's part of what makes the Sparky thread so great. We understand each other's differences and learn from them.
                                Sparky International... sounds like an airport.
                                Does it fly to a certain island?

Sorry for bringing down the thread, everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X