Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simlead View Post
    You look back, and think 'was it really that long ago'?
    At least I'm comforted knowing I read a good fic. At least I can remember the plot and haven't completely forgotten it altogether.
    i was involved with stargate almost since the very beginning (started watching at the start of sg-1 season 3 back in 1999) so i read many a sg-1 fics and it was like holy, can i remember any of them.

Comment

Should you require help finding these fics, there's a fic search thread down in fanfiction where you can ask around. I'm sure they'll be able to help you out.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        i was involved with stargate almost since the very beginning (started watching at the start of sg-1 season 3 back in 1999) so i read many a sg-1 fics and it was like holy, can i remember any of them.
        I joined in a little later, but still, it's been years...

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Should you require help finding these fics, there's a fic search thread down in fanfiction where you can ask around. I'm sure they'll be able to help you out.
        Yeah, I saw that. But I've never been particularly bothered about finding fics I previously read. Except one, but it's not FFnet so I doubt anyone will be able to help.
        Your Life Was Amazing Until You Met Me
        My FF.net . My Sci-Fi Art . My Stargate RPG . Sam/Jack Made Up Episodes Project

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Wait... it wasn't a joke? *sticks fingers in ears* LALALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU

Ugh, makes John look bad is an understatement. I guess the character assassination of Sheppard continues even after all this time. And it's no wonder SGA (and SGU) never had an Air Force advisor like SG-1 initially did, they would've raised holy hell about all the broken regs and conduct unbecoming of an officer running rampant in the storylines.

Yep. Never thought I'd actually be glad for the current leadership at MGM treating the franchise like a toxic stepsister, but given what's been coming out of the so-called "official" pipe for a while, maybe letting it die is more merciful than trying to keep it alive.
          Well said. *Nods firmly*

Don't forget you all envolved with Atlantis Rising are giving the series and characters the treatment they deserve.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Simlead View Post
            Okay, I hope it's to your liking. I only just started, though, there are still many chapters to come:
            Night Begins Here
            I'm interesting in seeing where you take this one, Simlead.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              yes. i think it took place during the six week gap in the return
              I'd like to find that one as well!
              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
                man, i was in such a good mood right now...but now i seem like screaming and crying at the same time

i just wanted to make a sparky wallpaper inspired by this song but i needed some high quality screencaps, so i went on the main page of gateworld. before i could klick the gallery button, the article "Stargate Atlantis Producer Reveals More of Unfilmed Movie" caught my eye. i clicked it and started reading it ...

...can someone give me a cuddle and show me fluffy sparky stuff?? *puppy_eyes*

(sorry for the rant but i just had too.. )
                (((Torri)))

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Oh dear, now I hope you're not sorry you came back here. Yeah, we dealt with that last week, but it didn't slow us down. In fact we're busier than ever. We pretty much knew that was the plan, but, like you said, it didn't happen and it never will. Plus, if it had, they would have screwed it up just like they did McKeller. There's a thread on GW somewhere if you want to rant some more.

Here's a wallpaper I did. It doesn't come close to your level of talent, but it's plenty fluffy.

Ooh, I likee! I need to make a new wallpaper myself!

Wait... it wasn't a joke? *sticks fingers in ears* LALALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU

Ugh, makes John look bad is an understatement. I guess the character assassination of Sheppard continues even after all this time. And it's no wonder SGA (and SGU) never had an Air Force advisor like SG-1 initially did, they would've raised holy hell about all the broken regs and conduct unbecoming of an officer running rampant in the storylines.
                They didn't??? Well, that certainly explains a lot.

Yep. Never thought I'd actually be glad for the current leadership at MGM treating the franchise like a toxic stepsister, but given what's been coming out of the so-called "official" pipe for a while, maybe letting it die is more merciful than trying to keep it alive.
                Sad but true.

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                Yeah, I'm theytriedtotameyou over there.
                On Tumblr as well??? I love your stuff!!!

*cough*Atlantis Rising*coughcough* We will finish this series, darnit!
                SGA Rising for the win!!!

Yup yup. Look how much better we've treated everyone on SGA Rising. No stupid exploding tumors, no character assassination, no trick lobotomies and ignoring canon to justify ridiculous stories that insult the audience's intelligence. Just good old-fashioned positive character development and epic storytelling.
                Word.

Comment

Oh hey, is the post-a-thon still on for tomorrow? I think I may be here, ready to get some snark on.

Comment

Yeah, I'm theytriedtotameyou over there.
                    You've just been followed.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                    They didn't??? Well, that certainly explains a lot.
                    Indeed. And it's a real shame, too.

SGA Rising for the win!!!
                    You know it! By the fans, for the fans, and proud of it.

Oh hey, is the post-a-thon still on for tomorrow? I think I may be here, ready to get some snark on.
                    You betcha we're still on! We've all got to be here to support Kate and FH tomorrow! Stupid crystal creatures...
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Redid my sig... It needed some words to go along with it without making it too crazy, and I think it just fits the entire situation very well.

Comment

You betcha we're still on! We've all got to be here to support Kate and FH tomorrow! Stupid crystal creatures...
                        Will be here ... with enough Corona for everybody ... but I'm not sharing.

The John vs. John fight is always a pleasure to watch, though.

(((FH)))

Comment

On Tumblr as well??? I love your stuff!!!
                          Yes, thank you. I got bitten by the bug after I started to re-watch the series from the beginning. Now I just want to gif all the S/W scenes.

You've just been followed.
                          Followed back, I need more SGA peeps on my dash. Most of my followers probably have no idea what's going on right now. Who is this person and why is there suddenly all this SGA stuff on my dash? LOL.

Comment

Will be here ... with enough Corona for everybody ... but I'm not sharing.

The John vs. John fight is always a pleasure to watch, though.
                            Ain't it, though?

Followed back, I need more SGA peeps on my dash. Most of my followers probably have no idea what's going on right now. Who is this person and why is there suddenly all this SGA stuff on my dash? LOL.
                            LOL, I know, right? Same with me; most of my followers are in Marvel/Iron Man fandom, and I've been looking for some like-minded SGA/Sparky fans to add some balance to the mix.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

All that Tumblr-talk makes me ponder whether to join that social media... *ponders some more*

And I'm correct when the post-a-thon starts at 9:30pm, or is it 10:30pm (GMT+1)?
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hello everyone.
                                I am a hopeless romantic. I love them. I love the chemistry between them, the dynamics in the relationship, the tension, the strength of characters. And all this in despite fact that I am slash fan since the X Files. But from the X Files time I have developed so to speak, a flair, sixth sense for the tension in the Pairing. So, for me Sparky is a huuuuge treasure. Like a big dinner with all my favorite dishes – love, devotion, self denial, jealousy, sex chemistry. Everything I love. And, of course, deep stories from both sides, not that fake stuff like… you know… "she is a good girl and he is a good man with no past and no skeletons in their wardrobes"…
                                It is a pity that I can not support all the fans and shippers with texts or clips, but I am heartily glad that I am now with you!
                                This is my vision of characters in 3 and 4 seasons (yes, I HATE Season five, but absolutely LOVE Vegas episode, coz it explored John the way I absolutely loved and ultimately needed))))

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...mu-d61oddk.jpg
                                Last edited by jasminaGo; 14 April 2013, 03:34 AM. Reason: oversized image

Comment

Working...
                                X