X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gooner_diva
    Oh, it's him.
    Spoiler:
    The technician tells her "It's Colonel Sheppard" and this massive grin appears on her face as she runs towards the Stargate. And there's that Look between them when he comes through.
    Awww...now diva, honey, you just made my afternoon.
    That's the best thing I could have hoped for -emotionwise-in this action-driven-team-driven episode arc. Can I ask-
    Spoiler:
    is he looking directly at her with his own 'I know you're glad to see me' half cocky little 'I am so adorable you know you love me' grin -that I so love- he gives just her sometimes?

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
      You know that last post made me think. Has John ever seen the extent to which Elizabeth worries? He's always the one she's going crazy worrying over, dang it. Can anyone think of a time when another team was missing and the two of them worried together as leaders should? He's seen her mad (mostly at him), stoic in the face of extreme danger, strong in ways most men couldn't pull off, but has he seen her sick with worry about a team member? When other people have been in danger, he's usually been off getting into trouble himself? Like in The Storm/The Eye or Siege 2. So no wonder in Siege 3
      Spoiler:
      he was so startled when she hugged him. The fool was surprised that she had been so worried about him of all people. Conversion should have shown him the depth of her concern, but he wasn't exactly himself and he may think he imagined most of it. Now here he goes off to try and get himself killed again, comes home and makes a cute remark about "sorry we're late" and goes about his business without a thought that she might be having some sort of emotional reaction. Damn man, I could just kick him.
      But at some point I can see him having some sort of, dare I say, epiphany that well, gosh darn it, she just might care what happens to little 'ol me. This is totally separate from the epiphany in Epiphany, whatever that is. Just rambling, as usual.
      Good points. We've yet to see another team disappear, so John's always been away while she's back at the ranch and worried sick. Poor thing.
      Spoiler:
      I think that instead of forgetting how much she worries, as Lorne suggested, John just doesn't know. I agree that that's probably why the hug caught him so off-guard. At the end of The Hive, however, John seemed to take her exuberance much more calmly. She absolutely couldn't stand still.

And some more specifics about Elizabeth in The Hive.
      Spoiler:
      Torri Higginson's appearances in this episode were relatively brief, but she was just phenomenal. At the end of the episode, the technician comes up to her to tell her that the hive ships have been destroyed, but that the Daedalus is on its way back because there's nothing left to search for. They made an interesting choice not to show her face after the technician walks off and she heads back to her office. Instead, you just see her back, and her shoulders are so tense. She touches her face, and the body language just makes her look like she's about to break down and cry.

The scene when Rodney returns is interesting too. Elizabeth has a smile on her face as soon as she hears the news, and she literally runs past Rodney toward the wormhole before it dissipates and she realizes that the others aren't there. And I know some anti-shippers are going to hammer her for this, but more than once she specifically asked about John. But strangely, I didn't mind.

I'll probably have a more detailed synopsis later tonight.
      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
      Last update: 14 April 2006
      Melyanna's Multimedia
      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
        That's a good point Southern. He's such a *guy* and they never think about such things. I worried sick last Saturday when my husband, on a trip, forgot to call in and let me know he was 'o.k.' Being married to the goof and given that it wasn't the first time he'd done this, I didn't hold back and let him have it for being so darn inconsiderate! I'd love to see something like that between them or maybe a third party intercede on Elizabeth's behalf regarding the matter. I'd love for him to ask the question of himself, 'Why the heck does she worry so much about me? Why does she care so darn much?'

Sigh...men.
        Can't wait for the episode where SHE'S the one missing or late to check in and he's back at Atlantis waiting. Maybe then he'd get it!

Comment

That's the best thing I could have hoped for -emotionwise-in this action-driven-team-driven episode arc. Can I ask-
          Spoiler:
          is he looking directly at her with his own 'I know you're glad to see me' half cocky little 'I am so adorable you know you love me' grin -that I so love- he gives just her sometimes?
          Oh yeah.
          Spoiler:
          He comes in, flanked by Ronon and Teyla, and waves off the guards in the gate room. Elizabeth's practically running into the gate room, a huge grin on her face, and John says, "Sorry we're late." It's really quite cute.
          Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by gooner_diva
            Spoiler:
            What lap scene? That happened in The Lost Boys. Weir/Caldwell interaction? None. They were in a scene together only once I think, just standing next to each other while Carson was telling them about McKay's condition.
            Oh, the 'sheylas' (I'm sorry that word is beyond ) were going happy over some 'preview' that showed what they thought was a
            Spoiler:
            ?different 'lapscene' compared to the one at the end of 'The Lost Boys'. I take it they were imagining things again?

Comment

Oh, the 'sheylas' (I'm sorry that word is beyond ) were going happy over some 'preview' that showed what they thought was a
              Spoiler:
              ?different 'lapscene' compared to the one at the end of 'The Lost Boys'. I take it they were imagining things again?
              Spoiler:
              Nothing of that sort happened.

Spoiler:
              Spoiler:
              He is standing between Ronon and Teyla. She is directly looking at John, then looks at both of them briefly, but not before she gives John a big smile. Not to mention you could interpret that "Sorry we're late" as "I promised in The Siege Pt. 3 I wouldn't do that again"

Yeah, as mentioned, the scene where McKay comes through the Gate is very interesting. Torri's acting was brilliant, IMO. Her body language said it all even though she didn't have many lines or anything to work with. The camera work was great when she is told it's Sheppard's IDC. She goes from devastated to I don't know what in a split second and just gathers pace and starts running.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                Spoiler:
                And I know some anti-shippers are going to hammer her for this, but more than once she specifically asked about John. But strangely, I didn't mind.
                Spoiler:
                I noticed that! It wasn't so much "where's the rest of the team?" as it was "where's John?"
                Last edited by xfkirsten; 22 November 2005, 12:51 PM.
                "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Spoiler:
                  There was a picture released with pictures from The Hive that appears to have actually been from The Lost Boys. I was surprised to see the picture with the other pictures from The Hive, because it looked exactly like the scene we'd already seen. So no, they weren't making things up.
                  Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

There was a picture released with pictures from The Hive that appears to have actually been from The Lost Boys. I was surprised to see the picture with the other pictures from The Hive, because it looked exactly like the scene we'd already seen. So no, they weren't making things up.
                    When I saw that picture, I immediately knew it was an error. People really got their hopes up over that one though.

Comment

I'll probably have a more detailed synopsis later tonight.
                      That's fantastic stuff! Thanks to all who answered questions today!

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                        Spoiler:
                        I noticed that! It wasn't so much "where's the rest of the team?" as it was "where's John?"
                        Ahhh...it's the little things that make this such a fantastic ship to watch unfold. Such big evidence in a small package. I love it when they make you pay close attention to really 'get it all'.

Comment

That's fantastic stuff! Thanks to all who answered questions today!
                          Ditto! Ya'll deserve green, but unfortunately the button isn't working.

Comment

Man, I've just seen The Hive and I can tell it's great!
                            Spoiler:
                            Liz always asking where John is. Not the team, where John is

And Liz is just soooo pretty in all the scenes! Definitely love this ep. Also great Rodney/Carson and Ronon/Teyla interaction.
                            sigpic

Comment

Great info people! So glad that some of you actually have details about the new eps!!

Comment

I just remembered; yesterday they were showing some previews on the up coming episodes. Did anyone manage to catch a few bits?

Comment

Working...
                                X