Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Oh, and I forgot this: my student is not at school today, and there's not much for me to do (I take that back - at the moment, there's nothing for me to do), and I brought my laptop, so I'm hanging around in an empty conference room writing fics and making sigs. And ripping SG-1 DVDs.

So stunning three birds with one zat, or something like that.
    no argument from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Wouldn't you sink down in embarrasment when they told you you liplocked with your second in command in front of all those people?

I would.
      Plus, he was right there trying not to look at her. It was the 10 ton elephant in the room. They were talking about it without really talking about "it" the same way John and Teyla didn't really talk about his attack on her. Embarrassment all around. Poor John. But yet, he seems to have stayed awake all night watching over her and knew the exact moment she woke up without looking at her. I'm thinking he was also trying to spare her a lot of embarrassment in addition to not being quite sure how she felt about kissing him. Too bad this can of worms never got sorted out.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'm always amazed how people do fan-things at work... I would never have been able to do that. Just not done.
        i have a good enough time coming up with ideas it's putting pen to paper that's the hardest.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          i have a good enough time coming up with ideas it's putting pen to paper that's the hardest.
          Oh, I could easily scribble some ideas down but I wouldn't have been able to surf around, or check websites.

Currently unemployed so can do what I like all day... sort of, since I'm currently working on my cousin's website which needs to be updated for their big party three weeks from now, and I'm their webmaster.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm always amazed how people do fan-things at work... I would never have been able to do that. Just not done.
            Well, normally, I don't have the time. If I'm interpreting for the student all day, then using my own laptop is not a possibility just because I don't have the time. But I either take today off as a personal day (which I would really prefer not to do because I don't have many left) or I stay out of the way and do my own thing. I'm liking the latter better.

But since I'm a staff interpreter, I have a little more flexibility. It's not like I can just pull a deaf student out of the wall and go to work. I have a unique skill set -- which sometimes makes for a boring and unproductive day.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Plus, he was right there trying not to look at her. It was the 10 ton elephant in the room. They were talking about it without really talking about "it" the same way John and Teyla didn't really talk about his attack on her. Embarrassment all around. Poor John. But yet, he seems to have stayed awake all night watching over her and knew the exact moment she woke up without looking at her. I'm thinking he was also trying to spare her a lot of embarrassment in addition to not being quite sure how she felt about kissing him. Too bad this can of worms never got sorted out.
            I agree with this. If I had ever been in a situation where I did something very embarrassing on a personal and professional level, my best friends would be the ones who, not act like it never happened, but don't try and go Dr. Freud on me afterwards. I'd appreciate their modesty.

Comment

It's not like I can just pull a deaf student out of the wall and go to work.
              Wait, that doesn't exist yet?! Who knew...

Comment

OT GIMP question:
                Spoiler:
                I'm trying to blend two texture layers together, and I'm wondering if it's possible to do it in a manner similar to a gradient? I'm trying to see if it's even an option to use the layers themselves, but so far, no luck...

Comment

Sorry, can't help you there... I bow to the altar of the Adobe Creation Suite.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Yeah, I hate my own curiosity sometimes. I just couldn't stay off the internet, and thusly, I was horribly spoiled for everything. I don't do that anymore for other shows I like and am happier for it. Take The Walking Dead for example, I was so glad I wasn't spoiled for the season finale. Oh, and that last Castle. Being spoiled would have totally ruined that one.
                    For me, it depends on how into the show I am, that determines how willing I am to search for spoilers.

John kissed Teyla? I saw John brutally attack Teyla in a sexually suggestive way because he was turning into a bug. I didn't see a kiss. Then I saw Teyla being scared and horrified and feeling uncomfortable with her friend and team leader and John being embarrassed and just wanting her to say she'd never think of it again. That may just be me though.

And, just to be fair, John didn't kiss Elizabeth either. Phoebus, in Elizabeth's body, kissed Thalan, in John's body. So nobody kissed anybody. *nods*
                    Yes to that. Don't you just love those "under alien influence" stories? *snorts*

I think that's probably true of both "kisses" as well.And we all know how bad John apparently is with talking about his feelings.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      For me, it depends on how into the show I am, that determines how willing I am to search for spoilers.
                      Strangely enough it's Stargate only that I hunt down just about everything I can find about it... I was rarely if ever spoiler-free, especially not after I signed up here.

Comment

Sorry, can't help you there... I bow to the altar of the Adobe Creation Suite.
                        If I only had money...

Thanks anyway!

Comment

sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Strangely enough it's Stargate only that I hunt down just about everything I can find about it... I was rarely if ever spoiler-free, especially not after I signed up here.
                            That's me too, sorta. I have a bunch of shows I love like Justified, Hell on Wheels and Breaking Bad. I regularly go online and watch interviews, etc. but I carefully stay away from spoilers. I don't know what made SGA different.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

If I only had money...
                              I'd be buying the entire Master Collection - however, for the moment... I'll stick to CS5 portables.

Comment

sigpic
                                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X