Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Thanks! I'll probably be working on it at work tomorrow, so more should be ready soon.
    You're welcome.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

It's not till 5,000 LINK
      sigpic

Comment

you wanna hear something funny. i was at a crossroads during the first couple of seasons of sga. i didn't know if i was a john / teyla shipper or a john / elizabeth shipper. due to the fact that in season 2 john kisses both elizabeth and teyla. i think i finally became a J/E fan when i saw TRW.

Comment

Loving the fic SW! especially the
          Spoiler:
          eyebrow of doom line and the parallels b/w their story and Mario Bros
          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
          sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              you wanna hear something funny. i was at a crossroads during the first couple of seasons of sga. i didn't know if i was a john / teyla shipper or a john / elizabeth shipper. due to the fact that in season 2 john kisses both elizabeth and teyla. i think i finally became a J/E fan when i saw TRW.
              I see what you mean. When I saw Rising I could tell they were trying to ship the lead male with the (exotic) alien woman. However, like Captain Jack tells Will in PoTC in that cave about the lost moment, TPTW lost their moment in Rising as well.

I want my ships to be subtle and not in my face, hence why I have such hate-feels for Sam/Jack (for the record, I also cannot see them together at all). That truly spoiled my SG1 viewing in season 4, and almost made me stop watching the bloody show. Though Daniel/Janet in the background saved it for me. I loved those characters too much to not watch. I'm glad though I stuck it out to the end cause OMGoddess when Vala appears -- a whole new level of feels.

I didn't question the things TPTW did in the first seasons, not so much anyway as later on. For me, as a viewer, John and Elizabeth had a comfortable relationship and from there I could easily see them as progressing into something more.
              Mind you, I'm not opposed to John/Teyla, but it's just not as much canon as I see John/Elizabeth to be. Of course, neither is truly canon but Sparky gets closer to it in my opinion than J/T.

Then again, I prefer to ship Teyla with other people, over John (he's not so high on her list). Kate, Carson, Laura, Elizabeth (though somewhere in the same regions as John on the list), Kanaan, Aiden Ford (remember him)... Not Ronon though. I see him as the sort of younger brother.

I can easily ship Elizabeth with one of two people, either John or Kate, or both. Beyond them, I'm not entirely sure she fits with anyone else (hence why she's also not so very high on the Teyla ship-list).

Kate is my multiship character. But you probably already knew that (Kate/Rodney is a no-go though).
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm too nosy. If I had started off as a casual watcher, I probably would've dug around and inevitably fallen in here, never to leave.

After "Rising" (which I saw only because I happened to be someplace at that exact time that had cable), I didn't regularly watch SGA. Actually, for the year I moved back to NC (2005-2006) I didn't watch at all -- I was too traumatized about the ending of Enterprise (another case of TBTW frakup). When we moved back to FL, our place had cable and SciFi was running all-day marathons of SGA on Monday, so I recorded some S1 and watched it over and over and over. I remember the premiere of S4 and watching the eppys after I'd recorded them, and desperately hoping there was some plot twist that kept Elizabeth on the show. Alas ... by that point I already shipped Sparky, so I suffered double heartbreak, but CD helped make up for it.

Anyhoodle. I'm exhausted, better go get some sleep before I fall over and start drooling on my laptind;fhy[8rhwtlnwrg/ldfug

Too late. Good night, everyone!
                Yeah, I hate my own curiosity sometimes. I just couldn't stay off the internet, and thusly, I was horribly spoiled for everything. I don't do that anymore for other shows I like and am happier for it. Take The Walking Dead for example, I was so glad I wasn't spoiled for the season finale. Oh, and that last Castle. Being spoiled would have totally ruined that one.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                John kissed Teyla? I saw John brutally attack Teyla in a sexually suggestive way because he was turning into a bug. I didn't see a kiss. Then I saw Teyla being scared and horrified and feeling uncomfortable with her friend and team leader and John being embarrassed and just wanting her to say she'd never think of it again. That may just be me though.

And, just to be fair, John didn't kiss Elizabeth either. Phoebus, in Elizabeth's body, kissed Thalan, in John's body. So nobody kissed anybody. *nods*
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

But there was lip-locking taking place - forced in Teyla's case, surprised in Thalen/John's case.

All I got was sexy nightwear and a teary-eyed face.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    And, just to be fair, John didn't kiss Elizabeth either. Phoebus, in Elizabeth's body, kissed Thalan, in John's body. So nobody kissed anybody. *nods*
                    About the TLG kiss, i have this funny theory that in fact it was Elizabeth who kissed Thalan/John and not Phoebus (although I know perfectly well that the kiss was not Elizabeth’s doing but Phoebus since it was Phoebus then that was in control of Elizabeth’s body), but i have this theory based all in the infirmary scene. I mean wasn’t it strange how Elizabeth was insisting that all of those things that Phoebus did (shooting Ronon, calling Caldwell hopeless…) weren’t really her doing. But she never mentioned that the kiss was not her doing! And she did sink in her bed at the mention of the kiss out of embarrassment, didn’t she?
                    sigpic
                    sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Wouldn't you sink down in embarrasment when they told you you liplocked with your second in command in front of all those people?

I would.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        It's not till 5,000 LINK
                        Got it, thanks, Nola.

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                        Loving the fic SW! especially the
                        Spoiler:
                        eyebrow of doom line and the parallels b/w their story and Mario Bros
                        I know!
                        Spoiler:
                        I was playing it one day and that thought popped in my head and I said to myself, "Self, you must put that in a fic!" Thanks!

John, care to explain these?
                        I take the fifth.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        Yeah, I hate my own curiosity sometimes. I just couldn't stay off the internet, and thusly, I was horribly spoiled for everything. I don't do that anymore for other shows I like and am happier for it. Take The Walking Dead for example, I was so glad I wasn't spoiled for the season finale. Oh, and that last Castle. Being spoiled would have totally ruined that one.
                        That last Castle was pretty freaking awesome. Totally did not see that coming.

John kissed Teyla? I saw John brutally attack Teyla in a sexually suggestive way because he was turning into a bug. I didn't see a kiss. Then I saw Teyla being scared and horrified and feeling uncomfortable with her friend and team leader and John being embarrassed and just wanting her to say she'd never think of it again. That may just be me though.

If someone had ever kissed me the way that Bug!John "kissed" Teyla, I would've filed for a restraining order. *nods*

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Wouldn't you sink down in embarrasment when they told you you liplocked with your second in command in front of all those people?

I would.
                        I would so be doing a fist-pump, but that may just be me.

Comment

That last Castle was pretty freaking awesome. Totally did not see that coming.
                          It was freakin' awesome.

If someone had ever kissed me the way that Bug!John "kissed" Teyla, I would've filed for a restraining order. *nods*
                          Filed a complaint and a restraining order. And kicked them where it hurts for good measure.

I would so be doing a fist-pump, but that may just be me.
                          Depends who my second in command would be... but at that moment I'd call upon all the gods and goddesses to swallow me whole.

Comment

Oh, and I forgot this: my student is not at school today, and there's not much for me to do (I take that back - at the moment, there's nothing for me to do), and I brought my laptop, so I'm hanging around in an empty conference room writing fics and making sigs. And ripping SG-1 DVDs.

So stunning three birds with one zat, or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Filed a complaint and a restraining order. And kicked them where it hurts for good measure.
                              And this.

Depends who my second in command would be... but at that moment I'd call upon all the gods and goddesses to swallow me whole.
                              If it was Sheppard ... and I remembered it ... and I get off the hook because I was possessed by a revenge-seeking alien ... yeah, I'd be fine. ROFLMBO

Comment

I'm always amazed how people do fan-things at work... I would never have been able to do that. Just not done.

Comment

Working...
                                X