Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Same Sparky time, same Sparky channel!
    And what time would that be, now that we're all on DST ... so it's 10:30 pm (GMT+1)?

Not that I'm looking forward to watching Kate die ... again.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      And what time would that be, now that we're all on DST ... so it's 10:30 pm (GMT+1)?

Not that I'm looking forward to watching Kate die ... again.
      I think that we're in the same timezone and it's 10:30 pm for me. Either way it's the same time as it's been for us during most of the post-a-thon if that helps.

And I'm not looking forward to seeing that either. The only good part in 'doppelganger' is watching John kick his own ass and that's only becuase it looks really great and John's awesome.
      sigpic

Comment

Okay... yeah, I figured it's back to normal time. Damn that whole DST-thing.

I think my absolute squee'est moments in DG are that Kate dreams about Teyla saving her, or at least Teyla being the one to come to her rescue. And Teyla having free access to Kate's quarters. That's like all I need to believe Kate/Teyla is totally canon. I know it isn't really, but hey other ships are allegedly canon so why can't mine, right.

Comment

Okay... yeah, I figured it's back to normal time. Damn that whole DST-thing.
          I know how it is, I wasn’t sure how it would be today so I stopped by here every once in a while during the day to make sure that I got the time right.

I think my absolute squee'est moments in DG are that Kate dreams about Teyla saving her, or at least Teyla being the one to come to her rescue. And Teyla having free access to Kate's quarters. That's like all I need to believe Kate/Teyla is totally canon. I know it isn't really, but hey other ships are allegedly canon so why can't mine, right.
          Not wrong at all, and if nothing else then just like with Sparky it shows that they have a deep and meaningful friendship and that they can always trust and count on each other.
          sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              A good writer would have figured out that if the Wraith are fighting the Replicators, then if the Wraith got ahold of Elizabeth, they could use her to their advantage. Wouldn't that have made a good plot? Hee.
              I like that idea, it would have been a great way to tie the two (or three!) storylines together. Way back in the day, when I first read the synopsis for The Real World, I thought it was the Wraith who kidnapped Elizabeth. I'm not sure why they went with female lead gets replicator arc because its easy to shoot the cgi/2nd unit stuff without interfering with the main storyline again though

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              And now Sam is about to head off on the mission, because clearly it wouldn't succeed without her there.

When Elizabeth went along there was always a really logical reason that she, in particular, was needed. Why was Sam needed here exactly? Oh right, to show how superior Sam is to Elizabeth because she uses a gun
              She only went along on that one because it was her first ep IMO. It doesn't grate me so much that she went, more that she didn't contribute to much when she did. She deferred to Sheppard at the first opportunity - wtf? Her presence there was just a "look at this cool new character - she has a leather jacket and a gun!!!!" moment on the part of TPTW, made even more obvious when her presence would clearly have been warranted on the Midway mission and yet she remained on Atlantis

Let me tell you something Mallozzi, Elizabeth got nuclear weapons out of the Genii blindfolded and tied up with nothing to trade. Now THAT makes her a superior character. Not the ability to fire a gun.
              Do you mean this scene?

Weir: This had better be good John - the handcuffs are too tight and this blindfold is really itchy!!

But yeah, I have always loved that scene too. One of Weir's best moments, and some good work from MG (and BW). Credit where credit's due Why did it end there, doofus?

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              The fact that Teyla is all of a sudden not showing her midriff didn't make any of them question if she was pregnant?
              You'd think so, considering she was showing it directly after having abdominal surgery in Sunday Maybe they were too busy looking a bit higher
              sigpic

Comment

you know a little off topic here but with all this north korea stuff going on, i would give anything for an Elizabeth weir type diplomat to go in there and figure out a way to stop this thing from escalating even farther (that is, if you believe the news media).

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  you know a little off topic here but with all this north korea stuff going on, i would give anything for an Elizabeth weir type diplomat to go in there and figure out a way to stop this thing from escalating even farther (that is, if you believe the news media).
                  If Elizabeth was a real person, there would be world peace.

Comment

she'd make a go at it at any rate North Korea's leader is trying to make a name for himself, regardless of who he hurts. Right now, his people need food and a better standard of living. That doesn't seem to matter to him as much as gaining some sort of tough guy reputation internationally.
                    sigpic

Comment

And a note on the Elizabeth vs. Sam convo - MacGyver was known for not using guns, and the show lasted 7 years! So why is it they had to get rid of the pacifist who was the glue of the city and bring in an Expedition leader who was USAF?

I like Sam better on Earth so she can be closer to Jack.

[/rant]

Gotta get some sleep, long day tomorrow! Night!

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        she'd make a go at it at any rate North Korea's leader is trying to make a name for himself, regardless of who he hurts. Right now, his people need food and a better standard of living. That doesn't seem to matter to him as much as gaining some sort of tough guy reputation internationally.
                        personally i rather see someone assassinate him. just a nice .45 or 9mm bullet right through the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                          And I'm not looking forward to seeing that either. The only good part in 'doppelganger' is watching John kick his own ass and that's only becuase it looks really great and John's awesome.
                          Yep, the big highlight for me is definitely the Sheppard vs. Sheppard beat down. Drool.

Agreed! It really speaks to the depth of their friendship. More than friends, since Teyla is the one that Kate dreams about to save her; Kate obviously trusts Teyla very much to immediately think of her before any other.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                          Do you mean this scene?

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...ateraid/3t.jpg

Weir: This had better be good John - the handcuffs are too tight and this blindfold is really itchy!!
                          LMAO!

But yeah, I have always loved that scene too. One of Weir's best moments, and some good work from MG (and BW). Credit where credit's due Why did it end there, doofus?
                          Because apparently women who are strong in ways other than shooting guns seem to scare them... unless they're Keller, who they seemed to want to turn into comic relief instead of a serious doctor.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                          If Elizabeth was a real person, there would be world peace.
                          True fax, dat.

And a note on the Elizabeth vs. Sam convo - MacGyver was known for not using guns, and the show lasted 7 years! So why is it they had to get rid of the pacifist who was the glue of the city and bring in an Expedition leader who was USAF?
                          Like I said, scared of her.

I like Sam better on Earth so she can be closer to Jack.

[/rant]

Gotta get some sleep, long day tomorrow! Night!

Nighty night, and pleasant Sparky dreams!
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yep, the big highlight for me is definitely the Sheppard vs. Sheppard beat down. Drool.

Agreed! It really speaks to the depth of their friendship. More than friends, since Teyla is the one that Kate dreams about to save her; Kate obviously trusts Teyla very much to immediately think of her before any other.
                            While I don't want to sound like I'm overstating the link, I think Teyla is the only one (shown) that Kate had a personal link with. I'm sure Kate connected with a lot of people on Atlantis, it's just that we generally only saw her in her professional capacity. But if we're to interpret Teyla's reactions/body language when they're together.....they're close. Teyla lights up a room with her smile, and her scenes with Kate illustrate that better than any others.

Because apparently women who are strong in ways other than shooting guns seem to scare them... unless they're Keller, who they seemed to want to turn into comic relief instead of a serious doctor.
                            To be fair to them, they're writing what they know. They don't know how to write anything that doesn't involve guns, deus ex machina, space ships, explosions etc. Now, they made a good job of it in s1, but dropped the ball after that. I hate to hark back to it, but if they'd had a plan of what they wanted to do with the show from s2 onwards, they would have been able to incorporate all characters a bit better. They also could have looked at some of their deficiencies and said "hey, lets get someone in who knows how to write this stuff" but didn't.

They had strong female characters - Weir, Teyla, Kate. They either lost enthusiasm for writing them, or just ran out of ideas, as they pretty much gave up on all three of them. Killing Kate irks me - her was a character that they'd used sparingly, had shown her to be nothing but exemplary in her job, that only needed to be used as the situation required, and whose death served no purpose. Nothing was gained by it. Nothing. Teyla, well, they didn't know what to do with her as soon as Ronon turned up. It didn't occur to them to build on that relationship (I'm not talking about ship, more the them vs us side of things a la Trinity) nor show that Teyla had a whole other life outside of Atlantis. For all we were shown, Teyla went to her quarters and curled up in a ball when she wasn't on a mission. And Weir...looking at s3, I think they went out of their way to bring her into storylines for the first half of the season, and then put the character in the too hard basket.

I think I lost the original point in there somewhere
                            sigpic

Comment

While I don't want to sound like I'm overstating the link, I think Teyla is the only one (shown) that Kate had a personal link with. I'm sure Kate connected with a lot of people on Atlantis, it's just that we generally only saw her in her professional capacity. But if we're to interpret Teyla's reactions/body language when they're together.....they're close. Teyla lights up a room with her smile, and her scenes with Kate illustrate that better than any others.
                              What he said... added to it, when I signed off yesterday I thought about the interactions between Kate and Teyla, and Teyla and Elizabeth, and how much time they spend together on screen. I think Teyla and Elizabeth spend as many seconds, or less even than Teyla and Kate. I'd have to verify this of course by counting, but I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't far apart.

And Kate had conversations with Elizabeth too... once or twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                                This part is really cool.

Her presence there was just a "look at this cool new character - she has a leather jacket and a gun!!!!" moment on the part of TPTW, made even more obvious when her presence would clearly have been warranted on the Midway mission and yet she remained on Atlantis
                                Exactly!!! Besides she was fairly new in the Pegasus Galaxy how could she already be part of such a mission consisting of infiltrating/rading a hive ship, she still had no experience with the Wraith at this point. She is also the leader of Atlantis, should really the leader be involved in such a risky mission?! I mean i didn’t see what was the point of having her there, i mean that mission should have been conducted by Lorne or something. Where was Lorne?!!

I think i will never be able to understand that.

I think Keller can not be compared to either Elizabeth or Sam, Keller is not a strong person in my mind, not when compared with Elizabeth or Sam. I agree that Keller was nothing but the comic relief of the show. I think the only serious/professional doctor moment Keller had was in Adrift. I can’t remember any other situation in which she was showed as a serious doctor.
                                sigpic
                                sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Working...
                                X