Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    He has been known to single out fans (I know this cause I starred on his blog once - didn't know until I was told about it) but he generally called upon all the fans in general especially those that didn't pray at the Mallozzi altar and were quite vocal about where Atlantis was heading.

The Shrill and Ill-Informed Lemmings Thread

And I even found the blog-entry for it...

January 15, 2007, and the follow-up January 16, 2007

If you want to see how I ended up there, go to his entry of May 19, 2009 and check out his post bag of the day in which he answers questions posted to his blog. The one you need is by Recycled Funk.
    Wow, that’s worse than I could have ever imagined
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
      Wow, that’s worse than I could have ever imagined
      ... I don't have any words ... Yikes.

To keep it slightly on-topic:

What, now you're eye!sexing in front of me?! It's bad enough that the supply closet next to my lab isn't soundproof!

Comment

Congrats on 136,000 posts!!!

Do you all still do the post count celebrations?.

Just dropping by to say Hi. Haven't posted in a looong time. I'm really not in fandom at all anymore, but I saw the thing about the movie linked somewhere else, so I dropped by to see what was being said. I think most of the people I still know here though are here in this thread, so........*waves*

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
        I know several of you may have regarded Stargate Atlantis's cancellation and lack of continuation as a mercy killing but not me. I was genuinely disapointed when it was cancelled and really bummed out when it was revealed that Enemy at the Gates really was the end for the show. Eventually I made my peace with it but I always thought there could have been more.

The earlier reveals about the lunar base and the self destruct code hinted to me that maybe I may not have been pleased with the final product that supposedly were making but I've never really thought that we dodged a bullet until now.
        I'm in the same boat (mostly). By the time the series was over, I wasn't sure I wanted a sixth season of that, but I have always regretted not getting that final movie. But yeah, now I think I can live without it.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post

Just dropping by to say Hi. Haven't posted in a looong time. I'm really not in fandom at all anymore, but I saw the thing about the movie linked somewhere else, so I dropped by to see what was being said. I think most of the people I still know here though are here in this thread, so........*waves*
          Hey, Killdeer! We still celebrate ... with red velvet cake, champagne, Hershey bars, margaritas, and HONKIN' HUGE SENTENCES!!!

Comment

HAhahahaha sounds like a party!!!!
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post

I'm in the same boat (mostly). By the time the series was over, I wasn't sure I wanted a sixth season of that, but I have always regretted not getting that final movie. But yeah, now I think I can live without it.
              Howdy Killdeer!! I am certainly newer than you but I've read and loved many of your posts from the past. You had a big discussion about the ships in the general relationship thread that discussed your issues with various ships that was so perfectly stated.

I have to say that my problems with that movie pitch aren't just revolving around John/Teyla (although the way they were going to do it - John sees the future and knows it's inevitable right after Kanaan bites the dust? ) Even if he dropped that line, the rest of the plot still sounded pretty lame and uninspired. Perhaps some view it as typical SGA. I view it as typical Mallozzi/Mullie SGA... the sad set ups that occurred in the last 2 seasons, especially season 5, that were superficial and vapid.

As for the blog of doom....
              JT2.jpg

I noticed our dear Nolamom posted a polite comment in response asking him to perhaps not be a twit think about how he's acting. Love you, Nolamom! And always amusing to see the sycophants admirers.

And always love our dear little lemming. 1bighug.jpgKISSxSparky.gif

Here's some sugar for you: sugar.jpg

Comment

So I'm trying out my hand at making GIFs again. After an hour of staring at the instructions, I'm thinking maybe not. So I'm ripping SG-1 DVDs instead for a video.

And I have an idea for a Sparky video, but it needs to percolate a little more ...

Comment

A 136,000 posts gif-a-thon!

Comment

Okay, now you've got me curious - I'm going to have to look up that thread and see what the heck I did say back then!

Gif making is really not hard. do you have Photoshop or GIMP? I did a quicky tut on gifs in PS. I also have a link to doing it in GIMP.
                    sigpic

Comment

Part 2

Comment

JT, I love you so much right now!!! Beautiful GIFs!!! Beautiful Sparky!!!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        Okay, now you've got me curious - I'm going to have to look up that thread and see what the heck I did say back then!

Gif making is really not hard. do you have Photoshop or GIMP? I did a quicky tut on gifs in PS. I also have a link to doing it in GIMP.
                        I have GIMP. I'm giving it a shot with some screen caps and overlaid text, but I'd appreciate more info for being able to make them from video clips... So pretty please send me the tutorial for GIMP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          Howdy Killdeer!! I am certainly newer than you but I've read and loved many of your posts from the past. You had a big discussion about the ships in the general relationship thread that discussed your issues with various ships that was so perfectly stated.
                          Thanks! Wow I was wordy back then. I was trying to reply via green message, but ended up leaving the green without the message. Oops. Gettin' old!!! (or possibly just trying to figure out navigating GW via iPad.)
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            it's funny that the fans can probably do a better job at keeping track at canon then the writers can.
                            More like horribly sad for the franchise, it's actors and fans.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

you can do a video gif in windows movie maker Tutorial

or there's a site for doing it automatically here
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                you can do a video gif in windows movie maker Tutorial

or there's a site for doing it automatically here
                                Thanks, I'll give them a shot!

Comment

Working...
                                X