No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    The complaining started at the beginning of S2. If you have a lot of time on your hands, go and read some of the episode threads. Posters started saying it wasn't as good as S1 almost from the start. And even though S2 is always at the bottom of any list of favorites, we got a bunch of great Sparky eps from it and wonderful Sparky moments in almost all of them.

I think if I had been totally unspoiled, I would have been certain that after FS, Weir would have been healed and back to work in a few eps of S4. But I've always been naive. In fact, I remember the discussion around here being along the lines that the big 3, meaning Sheppard, McKay and Weir, were safe, and that TPTB would never cut one of them. Har. Once Sam showed up though, everyone probably knew Weir was a goner.
    I think I would've been much like you if I had remained unspoiled, naive and believing that surely Weir would be coming back. Boy were we wrong.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    how do you guys think Season 4 (and Season 5) would've had played had John been the one the IOA chose to replace elizabeth? obviously he would've been promoted to Full Colonel and Major Lorne would've probably taken over Command of Atlantis-1 but would he had been like jack was in Season 8 sitting back doing paperwork or would he have been out in the field every other week?
    Never would've happened. The IOA probably considered him more of a loose cannon than Weir, and at that point, Stargate Command probably would've wanted him to stay just to piss off those pinheaded bureaucrats. Stalemate.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

There is also the consideration that many of us who sign a contract *believe* in the promise implied - at least on our side. Without extreme circumstances (none of which I can think of at the moment) I would never dream of even attempting to break my contract. It's a point of honor. Many people feel the same way.
      sigpic

Comment

They can fire actors without much trouble, but if an actor breaks his/her contract, they have to pay back the money or be sued.
        I think i finally begin to understand.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        There is also the consideration that many of us who sign a contract *believe* in the promise implied - at least on our side. Without extreme circumstances (none of which I can think of at the moment) I would never dream of even attempting to break my contract. It's a point of honor. Many people feel the same way.
        You said quite a lot now, Nolomom. It’s a point of honor. Thing that none of them seem to have.
        sigpic
        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Weir: John, defend your back door. The guy behind you either wants to eat your brains, or is experiencing the love that dare not speak its name (on this show at least), I can't be 100% sure from this angle
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
              The IOA are just wee buggers that can’t seem to have anything better to do than criticize other people’s work and decisions. They are kind of a stone in the shoe. Woolsey learned that things not always can happen according to certain rules. All the IOA members should have to remain “on the field” for a while, for a better understanding of certain situations.
              I have never nor will I ever like the IOA, I mean I get why they came to be but the people working on it were all pretty worthless, they were there to make decisions about thing they knew nothing about and I agree with you about how they should have had some kind of off-world experience.
              I remember one episode, I think it was the one right before Elizabeth took over SGC which centered around the IOA and Woolsey especially and it was all about him interrogating and questioning everything and every decision they had ever made (similar to what happened in ‘Misbegotten’) and it was all about how he question their decision to go back and save someone in the episode ‘Heroes’
              Spoiler:
              it was the episode where Dr. Janet Frasier died. She was killed saving a soldiers life
              and everyone were still hurting and the IOA were just down everyone’s throat…*sigh* I just remember having “Oh for the love of…” while banging my head against the wall through the whole epsidoe.

The complaining started at the beginning of S2. If you have a lot of time on your hands, go and read some of the episode threads. Posters started saying it wasn't as good as S1 almost from the start. And even though S2 is always at the bottom of any list of favorites, we got a bunch of great Sparky eps from it and wonderful Sparky moments in almost all of them.
              I was one of those who did love S2 from the first time I saw those episodes (and let face it, with season 4 and 5 being the way they were, S2 looked even better). And the Sparky parts of it were really was amazing.

I think if I had been totally unspoiled, I would have been certain that after FS, Weir would have been healed and back to work in a few eps of S4. But I've always been naive. In fact, I remember the discussion around here being along the lines that the big 3, meaning Sheppard, McKay and Weir, were safe, and that TPTB would never cut one of them. Har. Once Sam showed up though, everyone probably knew Weir was a goner.
              I was completely spoilers free through the entire run of the show so everything that happened came as a surprise or in some cases a shock and I have to admit that I lived in a world at the time that FS came around where every character that I like should automatically always be around (I was also really naïve) and I also believed that Elizabeth would be fine and back as herself, even with Carter around (who I at the time knew nothing about since I hadn’t seen SG-1.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                i mean they (Don't know if i'm talking about TPTW or the IOA maybe both) replaced Carter with Woolsey (that really irked me big time). I mean you could've picked anyone else, John (who i always thought thanks to Ellis's line in "First Strike") would be The Number One Guy to run Atlantis. Rodney would be number 2 but Really Woolsey? that man was the least qualified person to run atlantis.

I imagine it went something like this:

Sheppard: This place is a shambles. We need someone to sort it out - but who? Wait! I have an idea

Sheppard: Computer - activate the emergency command hologram

Woolsey: Please state the nature of the administrative emergency

Sheppard: Our leader got recalled to Earth and if i have to be in this room much longer I'm going to beat one of these geeks to death with their own control panels

Woolsey: Oh. Well, pleased to meet you anyway. I see you went with the briefcase accessory - it comes with a bunch of operational suggestions and such, I'm we'll have this place ship-shape in no time
                sigpic

Comment

-- Brilliant Gateraid!!
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

OMG, gateraid! That was hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      I imagine it went something like this:

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...psd834aebc.jpg

Sheppard: This place is a shambles. We need someone to sort it out - but who? Wait! I have an idea

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...psd1395352.jpg

Sheppard: Computer - activate the emergency command hologram

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8332d4af.jpg

Woolsey: Please state the nature of the administrative emergency

Sheppard: Our leader got recalled to Earth and if i have to be in this room much longer I'm going to beat one of these geeks to death with their own control panels

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...psd1f3741d.jpg

Woolsey: Oh. Well, pleased to meet you anyway. I see you went with the briefcase accessory - it comes with a bunch of operational suggestions and such, I'm we'll have this place ship-shape in no time
                      I'm reminded of this spoof someone did when ol' Wooly Boy showed up.

Comment

*bows to gateraid* You are the master!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          -- Brilliant Gateraid!!
                          Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          OMG, gateraid! That was hilarious!
                          Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          *bows to gateraid* You are the master!
                          I concur and second them.

I love Robert Picardo so much I even began to like Woolsey.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I like: if he had one more brain cell, he'd be a half-wit, and he doesn't have 2 brain cells to rub together.
                            I like that one too.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

*Bows to gateraid, Master of Snark*
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Your quarters, 1900 hours
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X