Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easter Lily
    I think "goofy" is about as good a word as any... My impression of her was that she was more like a kindergarten or primary school teacher. She had warmth and energy but was lacking in poise and confidence as would be befitting a high powered professional. A diplomat would have to take on a stoic facade even if they didn't feel particularly calm and collected. Torri's Weir did that although at times she was a little too stoic but I blame the writing for that rather than Torri.
    Therefore, I really don't see her really engaging Sheppard on that personal level except as a teacher to a delinquent student or a mother to a rebellious son. Like it or not, television is a visual medium and the way the audience perceives the interaction is just as important as the writing of it.
    that is so true... i am thinking that she is like a kindy teacher, where as i do see Torri as a high school/uni professor... she is fun that way and liz has taught at Georgetown University
    ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

O.k., I'm pretty sure this pic has never come up before.

It rocks, doesn't it? I usually love the season two promo pics so much more, but this season one promo pic is puuurrrfect!

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
      I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
      Spoiler:
      Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

I think "goofy" is about as good a word as any... My impression of her was that she was more like a kindergarten or primary school teacher. She had warmth and energy but was lacking in poise and confidence as would be befitting a high powered professional. A diplomat would have to take on a stoic facade even if they didn't feel particularly calm and collected. Torri's Weir did that although at times she was a little too stoic but I blame the writing for that rather than Torri.
        Therefore, I really don't see her really engaging Sheppard on that personal level except as a teacher to a delinquent student or a mother to a rebellious son. Like it or not, television is a visual medium and the way the audience perceives the interaction is just as important as the writing of it.

Interesting interpretation. You're probably right in her reaction to John if Jessica had been playing her. Actually, maybe her reaction would have been the way TorriWeir's reaction is to Rodney a lot of the time.
        She was good with Daniel, but then Torri had a good connection with the character too. (I actually think the connection between Weir and Daniel as two non-military people, regardless of the actress in the part, was an effort to soften the character)

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
          Interesting interpretation. You're probably right in her reaction to John if Jessica had been playing her. Actually, maybe her reaction would have been the way TorriWeir's reaction is to Rodney a lot of the time.
          She was good with Daniel, but then Torri had a good connection with the character too. (I actually think the connection between Weir and Daniel as two non-military people, regardless of the actress in the part, was an effort to soften the character)
          i think it was too... i like all of Torri's scenes, but i think she has really come to own the character... it doesnt register that Weir was even played by another actress...

Comment

I agree, goofy suits *blonde* Weir well. I liked Jessica Steen while she was playing Weir but not as much as Torri. And although she did stand up agains Kinsey knowing very well that he's trying to use her as a puppet, I think she's a bit too soft for the job. I can't seen *blonde* Weir with anyone but Daniel for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by xkawaiix
              I agree, goofy suits *blonde* Weir well. I liked Jessica Steen while she was playing Weir but not as much as Torri. And although she did stand up agains Kinsey knowing very well that he's trying to use her as a puppet, I think she's a bit too soft for the job. I can't seen *blonde* Weir with anyone but Daniel for some reason.
              yeah... i think thats where all the Liz/Daniel shippers cam from... so not gonna happen now... Sheppard's a$$ is hers

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
                so not gonna happen now... Sheppard's a$$ is hers
                Yeah, the thunkers' already stole the rest of Shep.

Comment

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! that is soo cute.... i am thunker too

Comment

Sounds like he's some kind of spare body part 'thing'. Don't know a better word.
                    *romantic* know who owes his heart *singing*
                    sigpic

Comment

You know, its' weird. I was on the internet a couple of days ago, and *completely* by accident, I stumbled onto a unique stargate website. No, I'm serious. I wasn't even looking for Stargate when I came across it. It was completely by accident, unlike 99.9% of the time.

Anyway, it was a Daniel/Weir shipper site, and I did take a look around.
                      Click here

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
                      I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
                      Spoiler:
                      Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
                        Sounds like he's some kind of spare body part 'thing'. Don't know a better word.
                        *romantic* know who owes his heart *singing*
                        i got dibs on his heart.... even though i think Liz would not be happy

Comment

i got dibs on his heart.... even though i think Liz would not be happy
                          Why don't you share? Cut it in the middle and...
                          Well, no. Changed my mind. Bit tooooo disgusting.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
                            Why don't you share? Cut it in the middle and...
                            Well, no. Changed my mind. Bit tooooo disgusting.
                            hehehehe LMAO!!!!!
                            i will share with everyone.... i am a sharing person... .... we'll just slice and dice his heart and then everyone will be happy

Comment

hehehehe LMAO!!!!!
                              i will share with everyone.... i am a sharing person... .... we'll just slice and dice his heart and then everyone will be happy
                              HMMMM! Reminds me of sth we had for lunch yesterday.
                              sigpic

Comment

John: I'm sorry, my heart isn't mine to give away anymore.

<3 is property of Elizabeth Weir.

Comment

Working...
                                X