• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
    here... we were sllipping to page 2...
    have a picture:

so cool....
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...024leaders.jpg
    nice wallpaper
    Um... Lexa, you wouldn't mind shrinking this a teeny bit. It's a bit big.

Comment

Hey all...

Just wanted to say a quick "Hi" to all the newbies - welcome to our little corner of shipperdom! I know someone a while back asked when we all came to this ship - I had it floating in the back of my head from the start. I don't know that there was any episode that actually confirmed it for me - it just seemed to grow until it was (for me) undeniable.

Happy birthday to those who have birthdays (and whoops - that just made me realize I missed a friend's b-day *bad La*).

Glad for all the fic links - am loving them!

Now must run, for I am a guest at this house and have only so long to accomplish all my internet rambles before I start to feel guilty at taking over their computer.
      ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
      The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by weirfan517

Transformation by one of our very own, Bama

Very Secret Atlantis Journals Season 1 by Athenaktt

Put The Book Down by Angel Leviathan

Nurse Maid by Admiral Lily

Tinuviel Undomiel!
        I think you just listed some of the best authors on ff.net (and I read /many/ different topics/fan bases.) And I'm not saying that because some of there are here. Anything by ANY of them is most definatealy auto-recommended.

I'm particuarly fond of Angel Leviathan if I had to tell you which one to crack into first....

oOOO! That icon is wonderfully done! ^.^ I hope to get around to doing some manips sometime within the ...future. *thwacks college.* Evil. Really. As well as the MV. -.- According to how much work I have to do I /might/ get to finish one I have on my home PC over vacation..

Welcome to all the new members, and happy belated birthdays!!!

And, to answer someone's question, I wasn't a shipper until "The Storm/The Eye" as before then I was only half watching. (Minus "Poisning the Well" That caught my attention!) But after I went back and rewatched, sure enough, I valadated this hunch I had!
        "Scientists say juggling is good for the brain....Or...was that...Jelllll-o?

Comment

I've been saving my Atlantis S1 DVD set for this Thanksgiving weekend. For those of you who have already watched them - is it best to watch in order or should I just jump to ones that I like? Who has the best commentary?

Comment

Originally posted by Eater Lily
            However, what I REALLY meant to say is that even though Sheppard sounded outwardly snarky... it was a real indication of their closeness... that he could be honest with her and she with him. It wasn't cliched... it was just about two people who had achieved some history with each other and weren't afraid to get down to brass tacks.
            That's a very point you picked up on there. I think if it was anyone else, they would have picked up on the fact that their boss was trying to reasure them, and even if they saw right through her and took no real comfort form her, they would at least try to be polite, smile and say something like ''Yeah you're right. Thanx''. I love that John doesn't. That he says what's on his mind, and i love that Elizabeth acknowledges her poor attempt and looks embarassed, rather than try to brush it off with another 'reassuring comment'. It reaaly opens them up to each o ther imo.

Actually, i wonder if it was anybody else, that Elizabeth would have spent as much time with them as she did with John. Somehow, i highly doubt it.

That's a wonderful manip. I saw it yesterday and was going to rep but the sytems still screwy

Talking of the wonderful Melyanna, have you read her latest fic? It's Ronan Weir with hints of Sparky and Spanky. You can find it at her LJ

Comment

I know this has been addressed once before, but I guess it doesn't hurt to say it again. And this is not directed at anyone, because we've all thread bumped at one point, myself included. I just try not to be too obvious about it.

So can we please, please, please, please not "bump" the thread up just because it has fallen to page two? Because it's almost like spamming a thread, and we don't want to do that.

And in just this one page I've seen a couple very obvious thread "bumping".

It is fine to just post pictures and stuff, because we all love pictures of our favorite pair.

Besides if the thread falls to the second page it's bound to come back up again. This thread has been going strong for the last year, I doubt it would die just because it fell onto the second page for a couple hours.

Heck, I've seen threads that have "died" a year ago still become resurrected.

Also its normal for the thread to be slow during hiatus, but I'm sure starting next week since Canada will be airing new episodes discussions should be picking up again.
              ~Athena

Comment

ok we are slipping to page 2 here...

have a pic... kudos to Torri for this icon

I LOVE that pic!!! It does indeed look SO real!

Originally posted by Bama
                I love that about their characters.

Torri's Elizabeth, though supposedly strong-willed and stern and mentally tough and every bit the cool woman in charge just makes me want to reach thru the set and hug the bejeeze outta her at times and go, "It's OK to let go darlin! Cry! Smile! Laugh! Spit! Just DO it! Let him see the real you underneath here-just him-trust him with yourself and it will be fine-I promise!" I can totally dig where John loves to get at her a little and pull that smile out of her.

And then, the opposite with John...He is the ever so laid-back, cool, fun-loving, foot-loose and fancy free flyboy and I just want to grab him and pull him by the lapel and go, "Be still! one second! Look me straight in the eyeball and tell me you're not absolutely serious in what you feel for that pretty woman that you try so hard to think of as your boss only!" I can totally see where Elizabeth is charmed as hell by him and is scared to death of his power over her if he ever does get serious with her.

P.S. happy 23rd b-day kirsten!
                Again, I love how to describe things. That is how I feel about Weir's interaction's with Sheppard, but I can no where near describe it so well. I love the... Spit! lol!
                Last edited by Skyler; 20 November 2005, 10:11 AM.

Sig by Dorka.Thanks!

*~'.:GTA 199:.'~*

Comment

Hey girls
                  Hope you indulge me for asking something that might have been discussed eons ago
                  I guess you know that Liz was originally blonde - I mean in SG-1 her character was played by other actress - then in the next season (I think it was S.8) Torri is playing Liz.
                  Do you think that John and Liz would have the same chemistry if the actress wasn't Torri but the other one? (sorry the name escapes me right now).

Comment

Originally posted by Naughtrish
                    Hey girls
                    Hope you indulge me for asking something that might have been discussed eons ago
                    I guess you know that Liz was originally blonde - I mean in SG-1 her character was played by other actress - then in the next season (I think it was S.8) Torri is playing Liz.
                    Do you think that John and Liz would have the same chemistry if the actress wasn't Torri but the other one? (sorry the name escapes me right now).
                    Interesting question. I think Torri played Weir alot differently than the first actress did (Jessica Stein). So I would answer no, I don't think there would be the same chemistry. My take on if Jessica had stayed on as Weir is that the Weir/Sheppard relationship would be more professional and less based on a mutual "friendship" that comes across as Torri plays her. Jessica's acting as Weir seemed to focus alot on Weir's "professionalism" and less so on her personal characteristics. Torri as Weir always seemed to balance more of the professional and personal side. She seemed less.. stern then Jessica's Weir did. Thats my take on it.

Sig by Dorka.Thanks!

*~'.:GTA 199:.'~*

Comment

Originally posted by Skyler
                      Interesting question. I think Torri played Weir alot differently than the first actress did (Jessica Stein). So I would answer no, I don't think there would be the same chemistry. My take on if Jessica had stayed on as Weir is that the Weir/Sheppard relationship would be more professional and less based on a mutual "friendship" that comes across as Torri plays her. Jessica's acting as Weir seemed to focus alot on Weir's "professionalism" and less so on her personal characteristics. Torri as Weir always seemed to balance more of the professional and personal side. She seemed less.. stern then Jessica's Weir did. Thats my take on it.
                      I totally agree with you on this Skyler. I think we'd be seeing a completely different Shep/Weir relationship.

Comment

i am in all agreement with you xfkirsten. i love that... i just rewatched the sanctuary comm. it was so good... Torri is so funny . i love the line...
                        John: Why did you come here?
                        Chaya: Because of you John
                        Then in comm. torri was all like "Yeah, well he was h0rNy!!!"
                        i craked up something shocking
                        Teehee!! That was my favorite line of the while commentary!
                        "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                        My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Hey, happy birthday, xfkirsten!
                          You're talking 'bout weather, names and THE scene that turned you into shippers?
                          Well, nearly freezing to death in my small room. 30°F. And that still *is* warm. .
                          My name referres to Final Fantasy7. Jenova is the threat that came from the sky and tried to become a god (literally it's new god) but that is nothing about MY character! Honestly! . And synthesis is for the music I love: EBM.
                          For me, Rising turned me into a ShepWeir shipper. I have to admit it's kind of an obsession, I always need a ship in a TV show. First thought, ShepTeyla would be great cuz the first time I missed the beginning of Rising and hadn't seen Liz so far. But when she stepped in and interacted with John... What a chemistry!

Bwt, I was in the Sheyla thread and noticed that some of the Sheylas are about to accept that there MIGHT be no Sheyla in the end...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
                            Hey, happy birthday, xfkirsten!
                            You're talking 'bout weather, names and THE scene that turned you into shippers?
                            Well, nearly freezing to death in my small room. 30°F. And that still *is* warm. .
                            My name referres to Final Fantasy7. Jenova is the threat that came from the sky and tried to become a god (literally it's new god) but that is nothing about MY character! Honestly! . And synthesis is for the music I love: EBM.
                            For me, Rising turned me into a ShepWeir shipper. I have to admit it's kind of an obsession, I always need a ship in a TV show. First thought, ShepTeyla would be great cuz the first time I missed the beginning of Rising and hadn't seen Liz so far. But when she stepped in and interacted with John... What a chemistry!

Bwt, I was in the Sheyla thread and noticed that some of the Sheylas are about to accept that there MIGHT be no Sheyla in the end...
                            Eeeee!!!!! FF7! I haven't actually played it but I love Final Fantasy! Call me a FF nerd if you will. Totally planning on seeing the movie.

Weather wise, it's warmer than it was yesterday so that's something. IMO, ship is almost in everything. For example, Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 8, Will and Grace, Stargate, Inuyasha, Lost, The 4400, and so on. It's all because of the UST!

For me, well, I had to catch reruns since Atlantis didn't catch my eye until I saw the commercials. So, I'd have to say that 38 Minutes caught my attention but I wasn't a full fledge shipper until The Storm/Eye. I was looking for Shep/Teyla but I didn't see any so I was pretty much neutral until then.

I try not to take pleasure in another's downfall but I would feel relieved. Does that make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Naughtrish
                              Hey girls
                              That was Jessica Steen. I really didn't care for her on SG1 - she was supposed to be highly intelligent and had negotiated all these treaties, but I found her a bit "goofy". When I heard they were changing actresses for SGA I was rather relieved, even though I had no idea what sort of actress Torri was. I think Torri brings a maturity to the role that Jessica didn't quite have. I don't think JF would have had the chemistry with "blonde" Weir that he has now. Actually, "blonde" Weir seemed to have an attraction to Daniel Jackson.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by xkawaiix
                                Eeeee!!!!! FF7! I haven't actually played it but I love Final Fantasy! Call me a FF nerd if you will. Totally planning on seeing the movie.

Weather wise, it's warmer than it was yesterday so that's something. IMO, ship is almost in everything. For example, Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 8, Will and Grace, Stargate, Inuyasha, Lost, The 4400, and so on. It's all because of the UST!

For me, well, I had to catch reruns since Atlantis didn't catch my eye until I saw the commercials. So, I'd have to say that 38 Minutes caught my attention but I wasn't a full fledge shipper until The Storm/Eye. I was looking for Shep/Teyla but I didn't see any so I was pretty much neutral until then.

I try not to take pleasure in another's downfall but I would feel relieved. Does that make sense?
                                To me it makes sense.
                                I have ALL the FF games and FF7 is the greatest of all. The movie is just... have no words for that! So great! So all about PTF (praise the fallen - love Aerith! and Zack! and of course yummy Sephiroth! ).
                                Shipped everything and everyone: SG, Pretender, Voy, XFiles, CSI, GilmoreGirls, Crossing Jordan...
                                When SGA first aired here in Germany I wasn't THAT interested in it. Knew that s.o. would tape it and so watched new shippy episodes of CSI. But when I watched the tape I knew that from then on SGA would be one of my favourite shows ever! And all bc of Liz and John.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X