• Show
Clear All

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      aw that is cute

Happy Birthday Southern Red
      I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
      traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
        http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l228/abracahpocus/funny%20pics/happy-bday-pic.jpg

Happy Happy Day SR!
        Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        Originally posted by McBecklover View Post
        aw that is cute

Thanks to all.

Does anyone else get more greetings from online friends than RL family and friends? My BFF in real life had the flu and completely missed Christmas. It's Feb and she hasn't sent out her gifts yet, and she didn't even send me a card or email for my birthday. I guess I expect too much. Whereas, I've never missed any of her big days ever. If I was sick, I would ask Mr SR to at least put a card in the mail.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday and Happy Birthday to our very own Southern Red!

You know what that means... it's CAKE TIME!!!!!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Thanks to all.

Does anyone else get more greetings from online friends than RL family and friends? My BFF in real life had the flu and completely missed Christmas. It's Feb and she hasn't sent out her gifts yet, and she didn't even send me a card or email for my birthday. I guess I expect too much. Whereas, I've never missed any of her big days ever. If I was sick, I would ask Mr SR to at least put a card in the mail.
          I do! But then, I think I have more online fandom friends.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Thanks to all.

Yes, I get more attention from my online friends than my RL ones, as why I'm always on GW & not going out hanging with them. They only acknowledge my existence when its their birthday, or Christmas or when they have a party with all of us & they invite me to join (probably out of guilt) *facepalm*
            traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday and Happy Birthday to our very own Southern Red!

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/y...elvet-cake.jpg

Oh Cake! That looks delicious! *licks lips*

sigpic

Comment

Does anyone else get more greetings from online friends than RL family and friends?
                I do.

But I don't actually have any real life friends so that could explain a lot of it. My BFF apparently had but one interest in me - she needed go places and I have a car, or she needed the company and no one else would go with her then I was her last resort.

YAY!!

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/y...elvet-cake.jpg

Cake! *grabs a fork*

Originally posted by McBecklover View Post
                  Yes, I get more attention from my online friends than my RL ones, as why I'm always on GW & not going out hanging with them. They only acknowledge my existence when its their birthday, or Christmas or when they have a party with all of us & they invite me to join (probably out of guilt) *facepalm*
                  My BFF lives 4 hours away, so I don't see her much, but we've been friends most of our lives. She's like a sister, so you'd think she'd make the effort. But you're right. She's a bit self-centered and only talks about her stuff when we're together.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  I do.

But I don't actually have any real life friends so that could explain a lot of it. My BFF apparently had but one interest in me - she needed go places and I have a car, or she needed the company and no one else would go with her then I was her last resort.

YAY!!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...mming-cake.jpg
                  You can count on us. We promise we won't ask you to drive us anywhere.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone!

I can defiantly relate to the talk about online friends and real life friends. I have more online friends as well and have even been lucky enough to make some of my online friends my real life friends. My RL BFF isn’t really someone who is always so easy to deal with, she’s a great person when she gets her way but I’m mostly the one who has to make the first step, it’s just not easy to deal with and have always put a strain on our friendship.
                    sigpic

Comment

SR
                      sigpic
                      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Happy birthday, Southern Red!!!

Here's some Vegas!Shep for you:

Comment

You can count on us. We promise we won't ask you to drive us anywhere.
                          You could ask me, but it would take me a while to get there first.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Happy Birthday SR

Lets have some treats....

Does anyone else get more greetings from online friends than RL family and friends?
                            Wait...What? People actually interact outside of the internet??? Well who knew!
                            sigpic
                            Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Happy Birthday, SR! I would post pics of my office but I would probably die of embarrassment. My office is done up in a Winnie the Pooh theme with an Atlantis shelf in the bookcase. I know that sounds really strange mixing Sci Fi with Disney.
                              To succeed in life, you need 3 things ... a Wishbone, a Backbone and a Funny Bone

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                                Hello everyone!

I can defiantly relate to the talk about online friends and real life friends. I have more online friends as well and have even been lucky enough to make some of my online friends my real life friends. My RL BFF isn’t really someone who is always so easy to deal with, she’s a great person when she gets her way but I’m mostly the one who has to make the first step, it’s just not easy to deal with and have always put a strain on our friendship.
                                Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                ]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n635/mathgirl1248/Stargate%20Atlantis/Atlantis%20smilies/sparky_Bday.gif

Happy birthday, Southern Red!!!

Here's some Vegas!Shep for you:

://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/atl_season5/519-Vegas/photos/normal_519_vegas_02.jpg

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb..._vegas_11.jpg]
                                Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                                Happy Birthday SR

Lets have some treats....

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...2/icecream.jpg

Wait...What? People actually interact outside of the internet??? Well who knew!
                                Originally posted by Soulster View Post
                                Happy Birthday, SR! I would post pics of my office but I would probably die of embarrassment. My office is done up in a Winnie the Pooh theme with an Atlantis shelf in the bookcase. I know that sounds really strange mixing Sci Fi with Disney.
                                Thanks everybody for making this birthday extra special. I'm glad I brought up the OL vs RL friend issue because I've been thinking about it for a while. In a lot of cases, I think our RL friends become habit. We had something in common with them at one time, which may have changed or faded, and now they are either so much like family we just can't make a break or we don't want to cause drama by breaking off the friendship. In my own case, I know I will never do anything intentionally to hurt my BFF even though she drives me up the wall when we are together. It's not just me because Mr. SR, SR Jr and now Miss M all agree. The woman is all about her stuff and never shows any interest in anyone else's stuff. Prime example that made us all LOL later after she left.

The first time she met Miss M (that's SR Jr's fiancee for all you newbies), it was to see their new house with all the VT football stuff all over the place. BFF looks at Miss M and says "I hate football. Hockey is much more fun." Miss M blinked a few times and offered her a glass of wine. It was just a priceless BFF moment, clueless and without thought.

OL friends all share a common interest and love talking about it. If you get PO'd at someone, you can just leave or turn it into a joke. There is none of the personality trouble except when you run into someone who is annoying and then you can block them. RL needs a mute button.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X