No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I know what's going to happen next, ShipperWriter. Want me to PM you what I think?
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      *sigh* This was what I managed to get done on my AU HS fic today.

Spoiler:
      Taylor made it through the audition. But on the penultimate day before the opening, he came down with a stomach bug. He wanted to soldier on, but Rosalie was refusing to kiss him.

Elizabeth couldn't blame her.

So the backup was on stage, and they were doing the kissing scene with the grace of two sumo wrestlers.

Next to her, John groaned in discomfort and shuddered. She hid a smirk; his appearances at the rehearsals were unusual but welcome. Even though he claimed he was just here to make sure Taylor and some of the other players did well, she detected ulterior motives.

They had flirted as long as they had known each other. Sometimes it was subtle; other times, it was too direct. No matter who had initiated it, John would start moving around in what he probably assumed were unnoticeable ways. Like the shuffling of feet on the ground, running of his hands through his hair, quickly changing the subject.

All were little things that, for some reason, made Elizabeth even more attracted to him.

When Brandon and Rosalie glared at each other, John huffed and stood up. "Okay, that's it," he declared in consternation.

Elizabeth crossed her arms; this was going to be interesting.

What she didn't expect was for John to grab her by the hand and yank her out of her chair, pulling her on stage with him.

"John, what are you doing?" she asked in a frenzied whisper as she went up the steps, attempting to do so without falling over.

"How's your memory?" was his murmured response as they stood on stage, next to the confused drama students -- as well as a confused government teacher.

"Okay, you got the lines down. Good job. Now really do it! You're not just standing here, reciting your lines in a monotone fashion. If we wanted that, we would've just listened to Coach Dex reading the play."

The boys snickered. Some of the girls looked hopeful for a moment.

John turned to look at Elizabeth for a fleeting moment, and he winked at her. Suddenly, his comment to her made sense.

Oh no.

"Brandon, you have to make us believe that you fell in love with Rosalie the instant you saw her, and you would risk being caught, even death, just to see her," John instructed, gesturing between the two teenagers, yet his eyes were on Elizabeth.

She quickly caught up to him. "And Rosalie, you have to stand there, pleading your feelings to the heavens, and not care who's listening. Right now, the only two people in the world are you and Romeo."

Rosalie was a good actress, but she was obviously nervous about acting this scene out with Brandon, a boy that she had barely seen over the course of practicing for the play.

Elizabeth bowed her head and quietly sighed. Here goes nothing.

Virtual brownies to whoever knows what's gonna happen next.
      Oh gosh, let me think. *ponders* Whatever could it be? Great writing. Can't wait for more.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
        I think I know what's going to happen next, ShipperWriter. Want me to PM you what I think?
        You can just [spoiler] it.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Oh gosh, let me think. *ponders* Whatever could it be? Great writing. Can't wait for more.
          "To be, or not to be." Wait, what?

Off to clean til I drop. I may be back. Or may not.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            hey pearl of atlantis 76 i sent you a message yesterday but i never got a response.
            Sorry, I wasn’t here yesterday, but I have replied you now.

McKay and Mrs. Miller

He bought those flowers in the grocery store. They're not even the nicer ones.
            Do you think? I thought he had taken them from a neighbour’s garden.

Is this the only time we ever hear about Rodney's dad? I get a feeling he was a scientist too.
            Oh really? I never thought about it before.

Couldn't they find a less flattering outfit for her? What was wrong with this wardrobe department?
            I am guessing they wanted her to look all mommy. Although I didn’t find her wardrobe that bad. But who am I to say anything about wardrobe, I am not the most fashionable person either.

Elizabeth doesn't even blink at the Kirk reference. And she looks back and smirks at John. Plus, he started to say he hoped everything Jeannie had heard about Elizabeth was good. Heh.
            How can this be possible?! I don’t remember this part. Shame on me!

Here we go with the fakey laughing. I never liked this part.
            I also didn’t like this part, the laughing is so fake, you are right.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Cafeteria scene! Now why couldn't Lizzeh be included? Curse you, TPTW!
            You have to look at this scene from the bright side, would you like to have seen Elizabeth in a so unnatural, so fake scene?

Originally posted by Brie View Post
            I know right, and maybe even Carson, though he's missing in this episode (I think anyway).
            Yes, you are right, Carson is missing in this episode. I mean I would have loved to see Jeannie talking to him, especially because Carson is Rodney’s best friend. And I would love to see Carson making fun of Rodney’s name “Meredith”.

Oh, I forgot about that part, when John says "This is weird" (or something like that) and just the way Liz does. And then when Rod says that it was Sheppards idea, just another scene when they say more than what comes out of their mouth. Something like that.
            John and Lizzeh watching from a balcony. SQUEE!
            I love this scene!!!

Yet more proof that Rodney is totally a Sparky shipper.
            He sure is!!!!

Rodney swiped one of the figurines from Lizzeh's desk. And note that we never saw the remaining three figurines again.
            This was so funny!!!!

A sweet little scene with Rodney and Jeannie.

I espcially think that they could have added Elizabeth in this end scene. And I wish Rod would have mentioned Liz and Carson when he spoke about his people.
            I agree. She could have been the one showing the video to Jeannie. Along with John, of course!!! And yeah, we should have also heard about the other Elizabeth and Carson from Rod’s universe. Although in a way it makes sense he would mention his team more, but never the less, they could have dropped a line of two about Elizabeth and Carson as well.

Yes, and I don't like the way the referred to her as "Weir" making it so impersonal.
            I always hate when they treat Elizabeth as Weir in such a cold way, especially in seasons 4-5!

I like the teasing Teyla teasing at the end, but it did make me wonder if it was a joke based on Rachel real life husband (since he have played a marine on the show), it doesn’t have to be but it always made me wonder.
            Oh! I didn’t know that.

Probably, since I think her kicking John was not in the script. His reaction was way too natural. Also, some people said John said that because he was jealous. LOL
            Jealous?! Jealous of what, jealous of whom?!!

Okay, okay. I'll keep my mouth shut. But I'm really happy with it!
            I can hardly wait to read it!!!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
            Looks like I missed another cracktastic post-a-thon. *Kicks self for falling asleep* Must remember to go to bed earlier on Saturdays. I have important Sparky things to do on Sundays.
            Yeah, try your best to remember!!

As well as another fic rec:

"Life After Atlantis"

Song fic, rest of the disclaimers/spoilers are in the intro.
            And there, that’s official; you made me cry once again!!!! Gosh, I can’t understand how it is possible for someone to write such beautiful things!! I loved this one so much!!!
            Spoiler:
            I liked the idea of John and Elizabeth naming their kids after Kate and Aiden, I found it so sweet!
            And John joining the IOA, well that’s something I would have never imagined possible to happen!!!

Great work! Thank you for sharing.

Here's a Monday morning song that just screams John Sheppard and Sparky. Warning: country. If you hate it, I don't wanna know, but listen to the lyrics.

Spoiler:
            Loved it!!! Thank you for sharing. You are right, this song just screams John Sheppard and Sparky!!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Okay, so here's a question I've always had about that episode (and it was probably discussed in the episode discussion thread, so forgive my laziness).

I thought that when 2 people from alternate realities were in the same reality that they would die. Or one of them would die. I vaguely remember that from one of the few SG1 episodes I watched.

Right???
            Yeah, I always wondered about that too, when they said that Rod would be staying in Atlantis since it was not possible for him to return to his universe.

Basically right. As I recall, I think the effect was cumulative, and the longer a person stayed in an alternate universe (and the more different the two universes were from each other, or something like that), the worse it would be. It seemed like Rod wasn't there that long, maybe a couple of days at the most, and it sounded like his own universe was pretty close to the the "canon" one, the minor differences in some of the characters notwithstanding. So maybe that's it. They still should've made a mention of the phenomena though. Would've given some drama to Rod's effort to get back; the way it was, it just seemed so, "oh la, I've got to go back now, hope they saved me some tea and crumpets, teehee!"
            I do know what you're talking about. In SG-1 when long-haired!Carter came through the quantum mirror, she suffered from entropic cascade failure because there were two Carters and the universe couldn't handle it. However, in "Ripple Effect" when all the various SG-1 teams came through the Gate, Dr. Lee hypothesizes that the reason so many alternate realities converging with the same personnel is not causing entropic cascade failure is because of the naturally close proximity between the realities.

So maybe these two are close enough to each other that they're not having that effect?
            So what you both are saying is that if two realities are quite similar there won’t be a problem if there will be two of the same person in the same universe.
            sigpic
            sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

You can just [spoiler] it.
              Okay. Here's what I think happens next!

Spoiler:
              John and Elizabeth demonstrate the scene
              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                And there, that’s official; you made me cry once again!!!! Gosh, I can’t understand how it is possible for someone to write such beautiful things!! I loved this one so much!!!
                Spoiler:
                I liked the idea of John and Elizabeth naming their kids after Kate and Aiden, I found it so sweet!
                And John joining the IOA, well that’s something I would have never imagined possible to happen!!!

Great work! Thank you for sharing.
                Just to clarify, I didn't write this story... I'm only "reccing" it. Someone recommended it a while back on the thread, and I just re-posted it.

Yeah, I always wondered about that too, when they said that Rod would be staying in Atlantis since it was not possible for him to return to his universe.

So what you both are saying is that if two realities are quite similar there won’t be a problem if there will be two of the same person in the same universe.
                Like we said, writers can take canon things and toss them out the window if they don't like the direction it's going or if it's not working for them anymore. So theoretically, I guess it's feasible. It's also entirely possible that John and Elizabeth are happily married with two kids in another reality, but who knows.

Comment

Okay. Here's what I think happens next!

Spoiler:
                  John and Elizabeth demonstrate the scene
                  Wait and see. Mwah ha ha.

Comment

Just to clarify, I didn't write this story... I'm only "reccing" it. Someone recommended it a while back on the thread, and I just re-posted it.

Like we said, writers can take canon things and toss them out the window if they don't like the direction it's going or if it's not working for them anymore. So theoretically, I guess it's feasible. It's also entirely possible that John and Elizabeth are happily married with two kids in another reality, but who knows.
                    Where do I fall, Alternate Universe or Alternate Reality when it comes to TWGO?

And as to your reply to my spoiler, I'll take that as a possible affirmative!

Comment

It was a brilliant move to cast Kate as Rodney's sister, it's just certain things like the relationships between siblings that you can't fake/copy.
                      That's all David's doing. Originally Rodney had a brother, until David mentioned he had a younger sister who was also into acting. And that's how Kate got to be Jeannie. And they are awesome together, both in real life and as their characters.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      It doesn't seem like I'll ever be able to make the post-a-thons. Stupid real life interfering with my online world!
                      I keep getting distracted myself... it's starting to become highly ridiculous.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You have to look at this scene from the bright side, would you like to have seen Elizabeth in a so unnatural, so fake scene?
                        Better that than being left out in the cold.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Where do I fall, Alternate Universe or Alternate Reality when it comes to TWGO?
                          I know in fics we call them AUs, but alternate universes and alternate realities pretty much mean the same thing. One or more variables differ from our "normal" reality, which causes the outcome in the "alternates" to change; sometimes, it's just a few so it's still rather similar to ours (ie "McKay and Mrs. Miller"), and sometimes, they're completely opposite ("Vegas").

The other option, an alternate timeline, only applies if someone went to the past and changed one event, thereby altering the normal timeline. Like "Before I Sleep", "Moebius" (SG-1), or "Star Trek (2009)".

[/nerd rant]

Long story short? Either one.

And as to your reply to my spoiler, I'll take that as a possible affirmative!
                          To quote Trip Tucker, "Keep your shirt on, Lieutenant."
                          Last edited by ShipperWriter; 17 December 2012, 02:57 PM. Reason: Can't spzell... :P

Comment

We missed you too! *hugs* Maybe next week for Phantoms?

*wibbles and flails* So good!
                            *Hugs back* I plan to be here next week even if I have to chug coffee all morning.

I listen to that song about twice a day on the radio at work, SR. It so fits Sparky. I'm surprised I haven't memozied the lyrics yet.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

*sigh* This was what I managed to get done on my AU HS fic today.

Spoiler:
                              Taylor made it through the audition. But on the penultimate day before the opening, he came down with a stomach bug. He wanted to soldier on, but Rosalie was refusing to kiss him.

Elizabeth couldn't blame her.

So the backup was on stage, and they were doing the kissing scene with the grace of two sumo wrestlers.

Next to her, John groaned in discomfort and shuddered. She hid a smirk; his appearances at the rehearsals were unusual but welcome. Even though he claimed he was just here to make sure Taylor and some of the other players did well, she detected ulterior motives.

They had flirted as long as they had known each other. Sometimes it was subtle; other times, it was too direct. No matter who had initiated it, John would start moving around in what he probably assumed were unnoticeable ways. Like the shuffling of feet on the ground, running of his hands through his hair, quickly changing the subject.

All were little things that, for some reason, made Elizabeth even more attracted to him.

When Brandon and Rosalie glared at each other, John huffed and stood up. "Okay, that's it," he declared in consternation.

Elizabeth crossed her arms; this was going to be interesting.

What she didn't expect was for John to grab her by the hand and yank her out of her chair, pulling her on stage with him.

"John, what are you doing?" she asked in a frenzied whisper as she went up the steps, attempting to do so without falling over.

"How's your memory?" was his murmured response as they stood on stage, next to the confused drama students -- as well as a confused government teacher.

"Okay, you got the lines down. Good job. Now really do it! You're not just standing here, reciting your lines in a monotone fashion. If we wanted that, we would've just listened to Coach Dex reading the play."

The boys snickered. Some of the girls looked hopeful for a moment.

John turned to look at Elizabeth for a fleeting moment, and he winked at her. Suddenly, his comment to her made sense.

Oh no.

"Brandon, you have to make us believe that you fell in love with Rosalie the instant you saw her, and you would risk being caught, even death, just to see her," John instructed, gesturing between the two teenagers, yet his eyes were on Elizabeth.

She quickly caught up to him. "And Rosalie, you have to stand there, pleading your feelings to the heavens, and not care who's listening. Right now, the only two people in the world are you and Romeo."

Rosalie was a good actress, but she was obviously nervous about acting this scene out with Brandon, a boy that she had barely seen over the course of practicing for the play.

Elizabeth bowed her head and quietly sighed. Here goes nothing.

Virtual brownies to whoever knows what's gonna happen next.
                              I LOVE it, SW!!!!!

Hurry up with the rest of it, please. *Attempts John Sheppard puppy dog eyes*
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Loving the story, ShipperWriter!

Waves HI to mandogater and anyone else on right now.

Falcon Horus, Heightmeyer's Lemming - your Sparky art was BEAUTIFUL!

Bingo. And just like so many other things, they conveniently forgot it or handwaved it when they felt the urge. I'm glad physics doesn't work like that in the real world.
                                It doesn't?? Oh wait, I'm thinking of politician's math. Tee-hee.

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                                []http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/SparkyHome1.jpg[/IMG]
                                Chest hair peekage. Yum.

Yeah, they should have at least mentioned it in the episode so people like us wouldn't be questioning it.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                That's all David's doing. Originally Rodney had a brother, until David mentioned he had a younger sister who was also into acting. And that's how Kate got to be Jeannie. And they are awesome together, both in real life and as their characters.
                                Kate is just adorable and beautiful and lovely and funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X