No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picking this Thread from the depths of PAGE 3.
    We have got to start posting more

Here's another fic
    Spyglass by LittleKnux

Thanks Mel for your insights into Teyla's relationship with Shep.

Comment

Mely's post deserves the "Ship Thread Post of the Month" award. *handing her the silver, semi-precious-jewel-encrusted 6 ft. tall trophy* Next month it will go to another, deserving forum poster.

Sorry about that one dent - it was dropped in a fit of laughter by the last winner - who came from the Sam/Thor Ship Thread.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Ooh, shiny!

And I can't imagine why anyone from the Sam/Thor thread would have dropped it...

Seriously, however, thanks, guys. (Were there enough commas in that?) Athena is right to say that Teyla has a crush on John, and it's fairly clear that it's not reciprocated. By the end of the season, her hero worship seems to be on its way out the door. By then she's seen such extraordinary acts of courage from others that I would hope she's seen that that heroism is in all of them, not just John.

But this is just another step in why Shep/Weir is more interesting and more likely not to crash and burn than Shep/Teyla. By refusing to see him as a man instead of as a demigod, Teyla is setting herself up for inevitable failure and disappointment should a relationship occur. She's young, and surprisingly idealist for a woman who has grown up with the threat of the Wraith for her entire life. Her experience with people outside her community has been mostly with others like her, others who live under this constant threat. So along comes John, almost a living embodiment of the Ancestors whom she and her people have worshipped, and, well, let's face it — this man is attractive by practically any culture's standards. Her crush on him is not unreasonable, but John's not likely to reciprocate or try to start anything.

Elizabeth, on the other hand, has seen him vulnerable because he lets her. She's older and has certainly seen a different portion of humanity than Teyla has had opportunity to see, for a variety of reasons. She understands and recognizes that heroism comes in many forms, but also understands that worshipping heroism will kill it. She understands John better because she knows not to make him more than he is. Because she's starting as his equal rather than his admirer, their relationship is more likely to be successful, despite their differences.
        Last edited by Melyanna; 17 February 2005, 12:31 PM.
        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
        Last update: 14 April 2006
        Melyanna's Multimedia
        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Another excellent post by Mely.

Starting to wonder if she isn't a therapist IRL.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
            Picking this Thread from the depths of PAGE 3.
            We have got to start posting more

Here's another fic
            Spyglass by LittleKnux

Thanks Mel for your insights into Teyla's relationship with Shep.
            People, only post if you have something to say .. so what if we drop to page 3, I'd rather read our excellent posts than a load of drivel..

Ooho new fanfic... ohhh, but later I have to go to poetry...

Comment

More fic for all of you
              Stratagem by Ashkash.
              It is a slightly dark fic but great John/Liz ship and angst throughout but especially in Chapter 6. It's a WIP *sigh* but is very good.

If you are a member of the mail listing SheppardandWeir there is another great fic. It is called 'Love it or Hate it' by jackiebscifi.

I agree Astro, 'tis better to have excellent posts rather than a load of drivel. Recently in the Sam/Jack thread I'am skimming posts (not because I think the posts are drivel some may well be and are) but because of the sheer number of posts.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                Another excellent post by Mely.

Starting to wonder if she isn't a therapist IRL.
                Hah, no, I'm not. Just an English major.
                Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

okay, I've done chapter 5 of my fic Good Morning. Hopefully just another two chapters, and I am done!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2165320/5/

Now betaing...

Comment

I would make a smart remark about Astro finally updating, but I'm hardly one to talk.
                    Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                      I would make a smart remark about Astro finally updating, but I'm hardly one to talk.
                      *cough*Pacific Rim*cough*

*angel*

I don't even watch "The West Wing" and you've sucked me in...

*sighs*
                      It's All Teryl's Fault!

"To every story there is an end. And a beginning."
                      Stargate SG-1: Chrysalis
                      Virtual Season 7.5

Comment

Originally posted by Vicki
                        *cough*Pacific Rim*cough*

*angel*

*sighs*
                        I'll take that as a compliment. And I'm working on it! By which I mean thinking about it... That counts, right?
                        Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                          I'll take that as a compliment. And I'm working on it! By which I mean thinking about it... That counts, right?
                          I certainly meant it as a compliment

And that counts... if my thinking about the fics that I'm planning to write - someday - counts...
                          It's All Teryl's Fault!

"To every story there is an end. And a beginning."
                          Stargate SG-1: Chrysalis
                          Virtual Season 7.5

Comment

Originally posted by Vicki
                            Same here.

a time to mourn

Comment

Okay I have another silly fic to share...Called "Monopoly"...if you thought the board game Monopoly they you got it! Just imagine the Atlantis team playing a game of Monopoly together.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2268959/1/
                              ~Athena

Comment

Potentially silly question here, but did I leave my LJ screenname in this thread at some point? If not, how the heck did you find out about Pacific Rim?
                                Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Working...
                                X