Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brie View Post
    I recognise the guy who plays the doctor but I have no idea from where, oh well, I'll have to check that out later.
    Yeah, me too, but i never checked him out.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I always wondered why she asked for Jack. I doubt he would have been involved in the treaty. Why not John?
    Since she was "back" on Earth, maybe she wanted to talk to a superior so that he would be able to explain her what had happened.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Lizzeh tries to use the mad skillz she picked up from Phoebus to take down the orderlies. Too bad it didn't work.
    I love Lizzie here!!

I love the sucker punch she gave that medic, I so would have loved to have seen her do more of that.
    Me too!

Simon's dead.

Can't say that's a bad thing.
    You are mean!

Lizzeh's having more visions of a shadowy guy in BLACK. Heheheh...
    John is always there!

That lady looks vaguely like Torri. Good casting.
    Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
    You guys talking about Elizabeth's mother?
    Yes.

A tall dark stranger, and I really must say that I'm a bit surprised that Elizabeth never thought it kight be him, but I guess the nanites are just that good and we can see that she slowly starts questioning everything.
    I wonder if the nanites blocked her thoughts in what concerned John because they considered him a threat because of the ATA gene.

I still don't know what the point was of her seeing something in her bed and then seeing John at the door. But I made a connection.
    And may we know what connection was that?
    sigpic
    sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
      Basically I think what happens behind closed doors should remain private.
      So it looks like I missed an interesting discussion here due to not being home. Since I wrote a fair share of smut about these two characters, I'm going to dust the discussion off and add my thoughts. I do have a problem with this attitude - I do understand where it comes from, because lot of people feel uncomforbatle reading/watching/discussing/writing about this topic, and the thing I have problem with is why. Why is our society still having a knee jerk reaction? Sexuality is a normal, necessary part of life just like eating, sleeping, learning, having conversations. Yes, it's private but conversations can be private as well, just like other things we do. I won't go into a discussion on the why - I could drone on about it, in my opinion it comes down to religion influencing western culture and teaching us that sex is sinful, dirty and wrong. (and yet we still need it, like it, enjoy it, and are curious about it. Which, in turn creates a wonderful feeling of cognitive dissonance in many people, and we need to compartmentalize in order to deal with it all; so for some of us it's okay to observe but not write about it, because writing is closer to active participation/ act of creating something like that).

(On the other hand, "what happens behind closed doors should remain private" is a bad attitude to have, I think, because things like domestic abuse also happen behind closed doors and they should definitely not remain private. Not really the topic, I know, but considering my work, a statement like this is a trigger for me.)

I don't understand using the ghost writer, though. Okay, so you're not comfortable writing smut - fair game, many people aren't - why not leaving your story without it? There are number of ways to indicate that two people have become intimate without actually writing about it step - by -step. Sometimes that strategy is even better than a smut scene. I haven't read your fic, so I don't know how it all works together, these are just my general opinions. The smut is not necessary for a story to be a good story - especially if it's awkwardly written and the readers notice you don't enjoy dealing with it. being honest with yourself as a writer is the best approach, I think. never push yourself too far and into territories you're not good with. I would never write about military tactics or espionage. I would totally suck at that.

If you do want to write smut? It's a process. Keep in mind the first attempt probably won't be all that great. The more you write something, the more chance of improving. Also, I find it's usually bad if someone writes smut just for the sake of it - aka, if the scene/scenes have no point, no function and don't tell you anything about characters and their development. I think I'm decent at it, I've seen a lot of well written smut, and I've seen ton of educational - book type of fics. You know, the Ikea manual type, put part A into slot B. Those are godawful, imo. Every scene in a fic, smut or not, should have a purpose, it should further the plot and tell you something new about characters. I treat intimacy like communication between people, very intense, very emotional communication. You can do a lot with it, explore if one person opens up or refuses to do so, what their emotional and personal struggles might be, if they're comfortable with giving up control and putting trust into the other person. What can they tell each other wordlessly, using just their bodies? It's a fascinating topic, for me it's always about more than just the physical act and I like writing it. I suppose it shows, heh.

As for ghost writers and cowriters... I've met only one person whose writing style does match mine and we have been co writing a lot lately (avengers fanfiction, tho.) But it's not only our styles, it's also ideas about plot and characters and characterization, and I suppose this sort of thing is pretty rare. And I'm not even a native speaker. *G*
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        So it looks like I missed an interesting discussion here due to not being home.
        It sure is right up your ally - as your lengthy posts demonstrates.

Since I wrote a fair share of smut about these two characters, I'm going to dust the discussion off and add my thoughts. I do have a problem with this attitude - I do understand where it comes from, because lot of people feel uncomforbatle reading/watching/discussing/writing about this topic, and the thing I have problem with is why. Why is our society still having a knee jerk reaction? Sexuality is a normal, necessary part of life just like eating, sleeping, learning, having conversations. Yes, it's private but conversations can be private as well, just like other things we do. I won't go into a discussion on the why - I could drone on about it, in my opinion it comes down to religion influencing western culture and teaching us that sex is sinful, dirty and wrong. (and yet we still need it, like it, enjoy it, and are curious about it.
        To be fair, the only other situation where I heard or read the whole "private behind closed doors"-argument is when it relates to gay couples. What they do in their bedroom (or elsewhere in the house) is their business but don't let us be confronted in public (you know, like kissing - cuddling - holding hands - being madly in love with one another).

...never push yourself too far and into territories you're not good with.
        True that - too bad I'm very capable of seeing it play out in my head. I just can't write it down cause it won't even look good - definitely Ikea manual material.

As for ghost writers and cowriters...
        I read -> ghost writers and COWriters... <- and then I was wondering what a cow-riter was...
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          It sure is right up your ally - as your lengthy posts demonstrates.

To be fair, the only other situation where I heard or read the whole "private behind closed doors"-argument is when it relates to gay couples. What they do in their bedroom (or elsewhere in the house) is their business but don't let us be confronted in public (you know, like kissing - cuddling - holding hands - being madly in love with one another).
          Which is just incredibly hypocritical and I don't like that kind of reasoning. Love is for everyone.
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

@Shipperwriter
              Hey, if Carson's the school nurse... *has a funny visual* ... can Kate be the school counselor?

Nah, just kidding...
              Hey, I think that's a great idea! SW, you should go for it!

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
              You are mean!
              Simon is boring.

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
              I wonder if the nanites blocked her thoughts in what concerned John because they considered him a threat because of the ATA gene.
              I've always assumed that John was able to get through the nanites and reach Elizabeth because he is the ATA King.

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
              http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/normal_atl_308_1164.jpg
              *melts* They look so sweet there!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Madness reigns has more great artwork today for the Sparky Advent Calendar.

Isn't she awesome??

And tomorrow our own Southern Red has a wonderful story to present.

Loving it all, ladies!

Comment

I sincerely wonder what has them so enchanted down in that room... *slides down deep into the gutter*

Comment

I sincerely wonder what has them so enchanted down in that room... *slides down deep into the gutter*

Kate and Teyla should know better than to be so out in the open.

Comment

TRW

And I have to say how much I just loved the outfits they put Torri in for this episode.
                      Yeah, me too! I absolutely love her style! Specially that one when she gets home, or then the one when she is talking to Jack (when he is walking near her home).

Sleeps on top of the covers? Weird.
                      Maybe it is summer and it is hot, or then she doesn't feel comfortable under the covers alone.

There it was. There it was. *points* The first woobie face. And Ronon looks over to see how John is holding up.
                      Ronon knows everything about John and Lizzie, that's why he is looking at John to see how is he doing.

He's not going anywhere until she wakes up, and he wants her to know he's there. Carson knows if John talks to her, she'll hear him.
                      Yeah, Carson so knows it well!

Okay, now John is trying to be profound, but he can't think of anything except to let her know they want her back.
                      I am sure he can think of something more to say, he just can't say it right there on that moment.

John just won't leave her side, and Carson knows that being there for Liz is what he needs and also that he needs to try and talk to her. And I love this little talk, it isn't much we see of it but we do know that he isn't someone who likes to talk so the fact that he's even willing to do something that makes him uncomfortable just to try and help Elizabeth says a lot.
                      You are absolutely right.

And Lizzeh's STILL playing solitaire.
                      Always.

At the SGC and everyone is trying to mess with her mind, but not to worry, John's to the rescue, I'm so glad that she's listening to him.
                      Why wouldn't she listen to him?

And now he's there, risking his own life to go in and help her fight, it's just so amazing.
                      Proof that John would do anything to save his Lizzeh.
                      I guess so.

Final scene that I love so much. *enjoys*
                      Yeah, me too!

That last scene was just so sweet and flirty. How you could not ship those two is just one of life's biggest mysteries to me.
                      It really is and especially after scenes or even episodes like this one.
                      I know, right? They are made for each other.
                      People are just blind or then they really don't want to see it!

Oh yeah, they are totally so made for each other!!!

The two of them really should just see it already as well though, so if they can’t it’s hard for some others who needs things spelled out for them to see it.
                      I am not sure if they can't see it.
                      sigpic
                      sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Since we've got nothing better to do, how about a trip to the closet?
                        *Grins*

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Kate and Teyla should know better than to be so out in the open.
                          10 points for JT!! You got it!

Comment

SW I have only just noticed what your sig says. It wouldn't happen to be Keith Urban lyrics by any chance, would it?

Comment

So it looks like I missed an interesting discussion here due to not being home. Since I wrote a fair share of smut about these two characters, I'm going to dust the discussion off and add my thoughts. I do have a problem with this attitude - I do understand where it comes from, because lot of people feel uncomforbatle reading/watching/discussing/writing about this topic, and the thing I have problem with is why. Why is our society still having a knee jerk reaction? Sexuality is a normal, necessary part of life just like eating, sleeping, learning, having conversations. Yes, it's private but conversations can be private as well, just like other things we do. I won't go into a discussion on the why - I could drone on about it, in my opinion it comes down to religion influencing western culture and teaching us that sex is sinful, dirty and wrong. (and yet we still need it, like it, enjoy it, and are curious about it. Which, in turn creates a wonderful feeling of cognitive dissonance in many people, and we need to compartmentalize in order to deal with it all; so for some of us it's okay to observe but not write about it, because writing is closer to active participation/ act of creating something like that).

(On the other hand, "what happens behind closed doors should remain private" is a bad attitude to have, I think, because things like domestic abuse also happen behind closed doors and they should definitely not remain private. Not really the topic, I know, but considering my work, a statement like this is a trigger for me.)

I don't understand using the ghost writer, though. Okay, so you're not comfortable writing smut - fair game, many people aren't - why not leaving your story without it? There are number of ways to indicate that two people have become intimate without actually writing about it step - by -step. Sometimes that strategy is even better than a smut scene. I haven't read your fic, so I don't know how it all works together, these are just my general opinions. The smut is not necessary for a story to be a good story - especially if it's awkwardly written and the readers notice you don't enjoy dealing with it. being honest with yourself as a writer is the best approach, I think. never push yourself too far and into territories you're not good with. I would never write about military tactics or espionage. I would totally suck at that.

If you do want to write smut? It's a process. Keep in mind the first attempt probably won't be all that great. The more you write something, the more chance of improving. Also, I find it's usually bad if someone writes smut just for the sake of it - aka, if the scene/scenes have no point, no function and don't tell you anything about characters and their development. I think I'm decent at it, I've seen a lot of well written smut, and I've seen ton of educational - book type of fics. You know, the Ikea manual type, put part A into slot B. Those are godawful, imo. Every scene in a fic, smut or not, should have a purpose, it should further the plot and tell you something new about characters. I treat intimacy like communication between people, very intense, very emotional communication. You can do a lot with it, explore if one person opens up or refuses to do so, what their emotional and personal struggles might be, if they're comfortable with giving up control and putting trust into the other person. What can they tell each other wordlessly, using just their bodies? It's a fascinating topic, for me it's always about more than just the physical act and I like writing it. I suppose it shows, heh.

As for ghost writers and cowriters... I've met only one person whose writing style does match mine and we have been co writing a lot lately (avengers fanfiction, tho.) But it's not only our styles, it's also ideas about plot and characters and characterization, and I suppose this sort of thing is pretty rare. And I'm not even a native speaker. *G*
                              I was wondering when you'd pop up. I'm not trying to hypocritcal and I apologize if I came off that way. And I've read your smut for these two Anuna. It's good.
                              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

True. Just one of the nasty little things you learn out in the big bad world. If you think about it, it's not a bad idea because some people would take advantage and hire friends and family.
                                I understand that. I get it. I know that the rules are there for a reason, and about 99.9% of the time they're a good idea. Then there's that 0.1%.
                                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Working...
                                X