Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
    Funny thing is. . she has now changed her "methods" a bit - she rather likes Weir these days, but thinks she would be better with McKay. In fact, she has been in the McKay/Weir thread quite a bit. Any way she can get folks to move Weir away from her precious Shep/Tey. She has also been hinting at Ronon/Weir as well. She is still nasty as ever to Weir and Ronon on other boards that aren't modded as well as GW.
    Do people really believe that anything we do or say here makes an iota of difference to what TPTB do with the characters? I wish. Perhaps I am horrendously mistaken but I thought these threads are "discussion" threads not poll or campaign threads. We are, or at least, I am here, to discuss the existing nature of these relationships or any future possibilties. Why set ourselves up for a fall if "one's true pairing" doesn't come true?

As for the Ronon/Weir thing - nope. At this point I don't think Ronon has a lot of respect for Elizabeth and she knows it, and she isn't sure how to get it. She isn't a warrior/soldier, and he has seen her back off when Sheppard wants something. He probably can't figure why Sheppard isn't in charge. Liz is really going to have to do something "big" to prove herself as the leader to Ronon, but I don't see him attracted to her. He is too busy oogling Teyla.
    Jokes aside, I don't see anything remotely romantic here except awkwardness between strangers. They have spent all of, what... 10 minutes (if that)... together in the same space. Not exactly the stuff of exciting UST...
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
      Do people really believe that anything we do or say here makes an iota of difference to what TPTB do with the characters?
      I certainly don't. Also in some ways I am glad that it doesn't. Fans don't agree so who would TPTB choose to listen to? Maybe they would try to please everyone and that leads to chaos. All I want is justice to the characters and story. I don't care where they go with the show, whether in relationship or general plot terms as long as it works and keeps the show at least as good as it is and hopefully even better. Sometimes I think I set myself up for disappoint by becoming involved in fan discussions because when I purely just watch a show then I can usually just accept what happens. If a show really starts to go off course, I just stop watching it but when you invest time in analysing things with others it makes it harder when things go awry. It's a Catch 22, the more you invest yourself in a show the more you get out of it but the worse it feels when it 'jumps the shark'. I happily watched SG-1 for eight years without once coming near GW or any other Stargate web site, it's all SGA's fault that I am here now.
      ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
      FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

As for the Ronon/Weir thing - nope. At this point I don't think Ronon has a lot of respect for Elizabeth and she knows it, and she isn't sure how to get it. She isn't a warrior/soldier, and he has seen her back off when Sheppard wants something. He probably can't figure why Sheppard isn't in charge. Liz is really going to have to do something "big" to prove herself as the leader to Ronon, but I don't see him attracted to her. He is too busy oogling Teyla.
        Hmm...interesting point. And he's is very busy ogling Teyla. But I still like R/W muchly as a ship. After all, there's plenty of Ronon to go around.

Visit the stargate_pad LJ community; a pairing a day for the stargate fandom.

Comment

Originally posted by ubiquitous
          Hmm...interesting point. And he's is very busy ogling Teyla. But I still like R/W muchly as a ship. After all, there's plenty of Ronon to go around.
          I like that ship too, has anyone started a weir/ronan thread yet? I mean I'm sure that people in here probally don't want to talk about it, seeing this is the shep/weir thread.

Edit: When did I hit 700 posts? Oh well, I think I might've gotten it in here with yall, which is kinda cool.
          McKay: I'm invulnerable!
          Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
          McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
          My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

Originally posted by smallgirl
            I certainly don't. Also in some ways I am glad that it doesn't. Fans don't agree so who would TPTB choose to listen to? Maybe they would try to please everyone and that leads to chaos. All I want is justice to the characters and story. I don't care where they go with the show, whether in relationship or general plot terms as long as it works and keeps the show at least as good as it is and hopefully even better. Sometimes I think I set myself up for disappoint by becoming involved in fan discussions because when I purely just watch a show then I can usually just accept what happens. If a show really starts to go off course, I just stop watching it but when you invest time in analysing things with others it makes it harder when things go awry. It's a Catch 22, the more you invest yourself in a show the more you get out of it but the worse it feels when it 'jumps the shark'. I happily watched SG-1 for eight years without once coming near GW or any other Stargate web site, it's all SGA's fault that I am here now.
            That is precisely the reason why I don't go into speculation threads... I very seldom speculate on any episode... I might spoil myself a little but I don't normally join in speculative discussions. More than half the time, the speculations never come to be anyway but mostly it's just someone's else's opinion based on some teaser crumbs. Stargate PTB have become very adept as throwing out these crumbs and since the beginning of the show, nothing has been what I've expected just from reading so-called spoilers. Remember how everyone was complaining that Letters was some run of the mill "clip show" before it aired and it turned out to be one of the more brilliantly constructed episodes of Season 1. What about Conversion and that
            Spoiler:
            so called kiss?
            It was much ado about nothing really. However, I admit to being a little excited about The Long Goodbye but only because of what Torri said at the con and her interesting choice of words that it was a
            Spoiler:
            A Mr and Mrs Smith style episode.

Yes, I too blame SGA and Sheppard for dragging me into the darkside...
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I should have mentioned that it was Sheppard also. If I am honest it was Joe Flanigan that brought me here. I came looking for pictures and interviews and background stuff on the character of Sheppard. I dipped my toe into a few Sheppard related threads and ended up staying because the conversations were so interesting. I blame 'The Defiant One' for my Sheppard/Flanigan obsession and 'The Hot Zone' for making me interested in the possibility of Sheppard/Weir. I blame 'The Storm/The Eye' for my general SGA enthusiam. Up til those two episodes I liked SGA but found it didn't grab me in the same way the first season of SG-1 did. It has gone from strength to strength ever since.
              ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
              FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

I liked the show right from Rising... I was blown away by the darker stories more than I ever did with SG-1... But I came to SG-1 lateish... which could be the reason I didn't take to it as much... But I found Sheppard interesting... he was such a maverick... and deeply passionate person... I saw little indications of S/W in the first balcony scene... However, in those days, I didn't find Weir very interesting. I was converted after BIS...
                sigpic

Comment

I liked the show right from Rising... I was blown away by the darker stories more than I ever did with SG-1... But I came to SG-1 lateish... which could be the reason I didn't take to it as much... But I found Sheppard interesting... he was such a maverick... and deeply passionate person... I saw little indications of S/W in the first balcony scene... However, in those days, I didn't find Weir very interesting. I was converted after BIS...
                  I also loved Atlantis since Rising, which was the first episode of Stargate I ever saw. I didn't even start watching SG1 til after the storm first aired. So, I spent last hiatus catching up with 8 years of SG1 in a matter of months. The characters that stood out to me in Atlantis were Liz and Rodney, I wasn't even shipping them at the time, they just stood out to me seperately and as friends too. I've been hooked on this show since the first ep, and now I'm liking shep a little more, sorry he just wasn't a big deal to me in S1, but this season has changed that for me, he's become a more intersting character and I'd like more background.
                  McKay: I'm invulnerable!
                  Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
                  McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
                  My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

I discovered GW because I was looking for Joe Flanigan info and there was just nothing on the net. But GW had a very nice JF thunk thread that had all the pics and discussion I could want. Haven't shut up since.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Liz: So, most of our shippers ended up in Atlantis because of you.

So did I.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/seetheship/liz1.jpg

Liz: So, most of our shippers ended up in Atlantis because of you.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77...eship/liz2.jpg

So did I.
                        they are so cute FP... you are a great captionist (is that even a word? )
                        ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Cool caps FP!

Me too...although I knew about GW before, but the threads seemed so big and bad and scary...so I didn't post for a long time and then finally gave into sparkyness.

Visit the stargate_pad LJ community; a pairing a day for the stargate fandom.

Comment

Aw.....!!!!!! What a cute caption FP!!! Made me feel all warm and giddy inside.

So did this fic btw! ---> So Doing It

Comment

Great caps, FP!

I lurked on GW for a long time. It was my one-stop Stargate resource, and I occasionally peeked into the forum, but never posted. I was already well addicted to Shep/Weir when I started posting, and it was the ship, rather than one character or the other, that made me delurk. Then I still waited a long time after I joined - nearly a month - before posting, 'cause I was crazy and had to read every single thing in this thread before posting. Fortunately, there were fewer than 200 pages at that point, or I'd still be reading!

Originally posted by xkawaiix
                              Aw.....!!!!!! What a cute caption FP!!! Made me feel all warm and giddy inside.

So did this fic btw! ---> So Doing It
                              Actually, I just popped in here to recommend this - you beat me to it!

EDIT: Okay, was gonna watch West Wing, but didn't realize it wasn't on. Oh well. Gives me more time to do other stuff.
                              Last edited by LurkerLa; 13 November 2005, 03:59 PM.
                              ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
                              The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerLa
                                I lurked on GW for a long time. It was my one-stop Stargate resource, and I occasionally peeked into the forum, but never posted. I was already well addicted to Shep/Weir when I started posting, and it was the ship, rather than one character or the other, that made me delurk. Then I still waited a long time after I joined - nearly a month - before posting, 'cause I was crazy and had to read every single thing in this thread before posting. Fortunately, there were fewer than 200 pages at that point, or I'd still be reading!
                                Eh, another lifetime lurker here. Luckily, I've been reading the thread since it started or I'd have to take a vacation to catch up. Sheppard/Weir is just irresistible!

Comment

Working...
                                X