No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SK life is actually going very well. My niece had her baby this morning and all is well. Plus our little household is going to expand. I just let the whumpers know that Hubby and I are going to be parents to a set of twins. They will be here sometime in April. Feeling good so far.

Fandom has fallen to the wayside, but I am hoping some new Atlantis will bring it back a bit. I miss it!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      BWAHAHAHAHAA the story about how I almost ruined your mind, right? Right. I loved writing this! I am so curious to hear what people are going to say. Particularly interested in things that technobabble fans might throw at me. (My planned response is la-la-la-la-la TARDIS!!)
      Lalalala indeed. We don't worry 'bout no technobabbly. Ship now, that's another story. I hope the word will spread to other areas of fandom
      Spoiler:
      that ordinarily wouldn't read our virtual season so they will be able to see that we too can understand their ship preference. And also that we can write another ship without being insulting, snarky or departing from canon.

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
      SK life is actually going very well. My niece had her baby this morning and all is well. Plus our little household is going to expand. I just let the whumpers know that Hubby and I are going to be parents to a set of twins. They will be here sometime in April. Feeling good so far.

Fandom has fallen to the wayside, but I am hoping some new Atlantis will bring it back a bit. I miss it!
      We miss you too but understand that sometimes RL has to come first. So thrilled about your news. Maybe you can name them John and Elizabeth if they're a boy and girl. *snort*
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Thanks SR. We are hoping for two boys, but I will take healthy anything. Those are great names, but not for us. Elizabeth is just too long of a name for me. The teacher in me doesn't like teaching a child to write the long names and I don't like teaching nicknames until they know their name. I want something that is different but not unheard of or outlandish. No Dweezils or Prince or Apple or Moon Unit for us.
        sigpic

Comment

No Dweezils or Prince or Apple or Moon Unit for us.
          O-kay, who named their kid Dweezil?

Friends of mine had a twin last year. They're both huge Star Wars fans so when they announced they were going to be parents (which went a little like this: And I must have been watching too much SW cause it's gonna be twins!) we jokingly told them to name then Luke and Leia. Twins are girls and neither are named Leia. Emily (Lil' EmEm) and Olivia (Ollibolli).

If my two classmates keep on yakking about their "super cool school project" they're planning for their end project next year I'm gonna have to wipe their drives with my super cool magnets... They are starting to annoy me with their "super cool and awesome "OMG, I need to protect my story before anyone else's gonna stealz it!" school project".

They are actually convinced they can make a 3D-film with the 2 of them... imagine Toy Story being made by 2 people...
          Keeping it simple is also not an option with them.

BoD - I'm happy with it!

Spoiler:
          As her Lemming I should be...
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Thanks SR. We are hoping for two boys, but I will take healthy anything. Those are great names, but not for us. Elizabeth is just too long of a name for me. The teacher in me doesn't like teaching a child to write the long names and I don't like teaching nicknames until they know their name. I want something that is different but not unheard of or outlandish. No Dweezils or Prince or Apple or Moon Unit for us.
            I remember when SR Jr was born we had to pick a name that didn't match that of any of my, shall we say, more memorable students. And also one that didn't lend itself to a stupid sounding nickname. I don't think people who aren't teachers have these problems. LOL
            sigpic

Comment

OMG POCUS!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! *throws confetti and starts a flaily dance all around the thread*

Mr Nuna and I would love to be parents as well. With my health issues I have to be extra careful so I've done some tests in past couple of days just to be sure. As for names, we already know how we'd name our kids.
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                I remember when SR Jr was born we had to pick a name that didn't match that of any of my, shall we say, more memorable students. And also one that didn't lend itself to a stupid sounding nickname. I don't think people who aren't teachers have these problems. LOL
                My Hubby is already dealing with that when I say....nooooo I had that name is 1992 and that kid was a mess. LOL!! Plus teaching the long names for writing or filling out forms sheesh. Poor kids are exhausted by the time the get halfway through.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                OMG POCUS!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! *throws confetti and starts a flaily dance all around the thread*

Mr Nuna and I would love to be parents as well. With my health issues I have to be extra careful so I've done some tests in past couple of days just to be sure. As for names, we already know how we'd name our kids.
                Thanks! We have been trying for 10 years and are so happy that we could finally afford to make it happen.

FH....we have a friend who is sells things at our Ren Faire and she met two little girls named Zoey and Inara!
                sigpic

Comment

My Hubby is already dealing with that when I say....nooooo I had that name is 1992 and that kid was a mess. LOL!! Plus teaching the long names for writing or filling out forms sheesh. Poor kids are exhausted by the time the get halfway through.

Thanks! We have been trying for 10 years and are so happy that we could finally afford to make it happen.

FH....we have a friend who is sells things at our Ren Faire and she met two little girls named Zoey and Inara!

So true and we managed to saddle our kid with 3 names that have a variety of spellings so his life has been interesting.

it reminds me of that song about "Liza with a z."
                  sigpic

Comment

CONGRADULATIONS!!!! Hope they turn out to be healthy and strong babies!

Comment

That's actually cute... I think...

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      So true and we managed to saddle our kid with 3 names that have a variety of spellings so his life has been interesting.
                      Kinda like my sister then whom my parents thought "Hey, let's call her Natalie without an H so that it's easy to write." - which of course leads to everyone writing it with an H instead and then get surprised when she corrects them and mentions how our parents thought it'd be easier.

My mom's a teacher and she too has that whole name-tag thing going on.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
                        CONGRADULATIONS!!!! Hope they turn out to be healthy and strong babies!
                        Thanks. Two strong whumpers coming up.
                        sigpic

Comment

Congrats Pocus!!!!!

I have to agree about the names. As a former sports writer at a small town paper, I'm all too familiar with parents coming up with odd spellings for their children's names. It's never fun covering a game and getting yelled at the next day over the phone because you spelled a kids name wrong. Even though you spelled it the way 99.999% of the time would be concidered correct.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Thanks!!!

Ack don't get me started on weird spellings!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks!!!

Ack don't get me started on weird spellings!!!!
                              You're welcome.

Trust me, I know. I actually heard the phone crack because I was squeezing it so hard once while getting yelled at by a parent. Happily now I can cuss up a storm in Mandalorian or Huttese and not get yelled at because next to no one here would know what I'm saying.
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

ZOMG, CONGRATULATIONS! *hugs you* That is such great news and I'm glad you're all doing a-okay!

In other news, I must say, I am laughing my butt off at the discussion of weird name spellings. Me, I had a perfectly normal name, but had to deal with silly teachers in elementary school who kept pronouncing it with an A on the end even though there's no A in my name. *headdesk*
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X