No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never really was good at picking out individual sparky moments because to me the whole thing was kind of like a constant background noise. I always knew it was there but apart from a few of the most obvious parts I just thought of their whole relationship as "well that's just how they act together." It wasn't until I came to gateworld, that I think I began to notice a lot of individual moments as "sparky moments".

So I don't know how to quantify which episode had the most moments and I'm not sure how to qualify what I think are the "best." But I'd say that when it comes to the episode where Sparky is the most clear, while there are several good examples, I think I'd have to choose The Long Goodbye.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I think Joe M doesn't give Joe F credit because of Joe F did during season four and how he kinda told the writers to give Elizabeth a mention in reunion.

Comment

I'm surprised that nobody picked up what I was getting at in the last post. I considered mentioning the poster's name, but that was going too far

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        It was the Shrill and Ill-Informed Lemmings thread
        here is a list of posters as compiled by Falcon Horus

Note: this is NOT everyone who posted, only those who chose a lemming name! (I'm not on the list, and I remember it well...) I probably mis-counted, but I came up with 219 folks who posted in that thread.
        I'm not sure if I've ever posted on that thread. I remember posting on the anti s4 and anti s5 threads, but perhaps not that one. Obviously not if I didn't have a lemming name

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I hate to say it, but I'd pick Lifeline. Every moment between them was full of Sparky goodness, but in a sad way. For a not so angsty one, I'd say BIS. Everything John did was all about her. Even the flashback had him right by her side.
        Yeah, I love Lifeline (save for the 'capture' scene). It's hard for me to compare it with other epic eps - they all have their good points. They did seem to dial the non-verbal communication up a notch in Lifeline

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        In answer to ShWeir's question - for once I don't mind there only being 5 Kate episodes so that at least the Teyla/Kate-moments aren't as hard to choose from.

Though I do believe that the most Sparky moments can't be just limited to one episode... it's every present in season 1 to 3 anyway.
        Re Teyla/Kate, I can't choose between The Gift and DG. But yeah, sparky just kept bubbling away in the background
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          Re Teyla/Kate, I can't choose between The Gift and DG.
          Personally I'm leaning towards DG over The Gift, odd considering what happens in DG. That which I will not speak off.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*sneaks in*

*sneaks out*
            sigpic
            Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
              Beyond gorgeous and I love your avatar too.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Beyond gorgeous and I love your avatar too.
                Aww thanks Didn't turn out like it was supposed to but then again they never do!

And as for my avatar... don't you ever just have those moments when someone says something soooo stupid you just want to reach into your computer and
                sigpic

Comment

Aww thanks Didn't turn out like it was supposed to but then again they never do!

And as for my avatar... don't you ever just have those moments when someone says something soooo stupid you just want to reach into your computer and
                  Me? Nah, I never disagree with anything I read online. *looks around, runs* This is partly what prompted me to unfollow a whole bunch of people on Twitter on both sides of the political spectrum. Grandma always said, "Keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid. Don't open your mouth and prove it." I don't always take her advice, but I sure wish other people did. Ha.
                  sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Let the countdowns begin! Wait, countdowns, plural, you say? *smirks*

S-minus 6 hours and 15 minutes until The Lost Boys!

And... B-minus 11 hours and 45 minutes until Season 2 of HELL ON WHEELS and the return of our delectable MR. BOHANNON!!!!! *flails like mad*

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                    I never really was good at picking out individual sparky moments because to me the whole thing was kind of like a constant background noise. I always knew it was there but apart from a few of the most obvious parts I just thought of their whole relationship as "well that's just how they act together." It wasn't until I came to gateworld, that I think I began to notice a lot of individual moments as "sparky moments".

So I don't know how to quantify which episode had the most moments and I'm not sure how to qualify what I think are the "best." But I'd say that when it comes to the episode where Sparky is the most clear, while there are several good examples, I think I'd have to choose The Long Goodbye.
                    You know, I think you've just about summed up my feelings on it as well. Sparky just permeates all of SGA on such a fundamental level that I can't separate the two. Wouldn't want to, either.

*flails* That's gorgeous! And that line is oh-so fitting for them!

All. The. Time.

Me? Nah, I never disagree with anything I read online. *looks around, runs* This is partly what prompted me to unfollow a whole bunch of people on Twitter on both sides of the political spectrum. Grandma always said, "Keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid. Don't open your mouth and prove it." I don't always take her advice, but I sure wish other people did. Ha.
                    *snerks* A similar purge has been undertaken on my Twitter. Just can't take it anymore.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh too bad I'm at the beach today would have loved to see the rewatch...maybe next week.
                      BALCONIES
                      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                      sigpic

Comment

Love the artwork; the coloring and the quote fit so well with the Sparky pic.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

*flails* That's gorgeous! And that line is oh-so fitting for them!
                          Originally posted by Brie View Post
                          Love the artwork; the coloring and the quote fit so well with the Sparky pic.
                          Thanks, I do like to keep the thread looking pretty... (if you tell anyone I said that I will claim my computer was hacked)
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks, I do like to keep the thread looking pretty... (if you tell anyone I said that I will claim my computer was hacked)
                            *lol*, don’t worry, either way I don’t think that you’ll find anyone here complaining.
                            sigpic

Comment

The fact that everybody has trouble picking the ep with the most Sparky and also that we all pick different ones just goes to show how very obvious and prevalent it was.
                              You know, I think you've just about summed up my feelings on it as well. Sparky just permeates all of SGA on such a fundamental level that I can't separate the two. Wouldn't want to, either.
                              Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                              I agree with al of this.

It’s also interesting that Sparky comes across in scenes that aren’t “just” with John and Elizabeth but many times it’s also shown though how other characters act. Like how we’ve already pointed out the scene in ‘Condemned’ with Elizabeth and Lorne and then the other scene in tonight’s post-a-thon episode, then there is all the bad guys reaction to it, along with all the scenes where either of them are hurt and other people treats the other as the others next of kin in a way that makes it at least seem as if the other characters know that there are more going on. Another person who have even commented on it is Caldwell with his “You two are pretty close aren’t you?” and then I was watching ‘No Man’s Land’ a short while back and the way he acts towards Elizabeth when he had to bring her the news of that Sheppard is missing and presumed dead, all and all, you can always feel that it’s there.
                              Last edited by Brie; 12 August 2012, 08:28 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Let the countdowns begin! Wait, countdowns, plural, you say? *smirks*

S-minus 6 hours and 15 minutes until The Lost Boys!

And... B-minus 11 hours and 45 minutes until Season 2 of HELL ON WHEELS and the return of our delectable MR. BOHANNON!!!!! *flails like mad*
                                *flails more* But I won't get to watch it until tomorrow night. So, no spoilers please. Have you seen the online video with Anson Mount giving a tour of the set? *flaily flail flail* Go to the AMC site.

*snerks* A similar purge has been undertaken on my Twitter. Just can't take it anymore.
                                *high fives* I'm sick of politics. Can we please just vote already?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X