Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    What have I been up to you might ask? Well even if you didn't, I have a new fic. Hope you like. It's my take on The Shrine and is called Sheppard's Shrine.
    That may be one of the best Sparky fics I've ever read, SR!!!! I totally LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Hi all. I'm still alive. Spoilered for personal...
      Spoiler:
      The last week has been stressful, both in work and personal life. Nothing horrible, just stressful. My mom's dementia is getting worse quite rapidly. She's been waking me up 3-4 times a night and I never sleep well to begin with. And a huge project went in at work last week and it didn't go well for me. Hopefully that will be straightened out tonight so at least that part of life will get better.

So I'm here. Watched the Martin Firrell web site thing (it always freaks me out to hear David Nykl not speaking with an accent... ok, ok, not speaking with a Canadian/American accent). Squeed at his words about Joe. Still love Sparky. Bummed to miss out on Aurora.
      *Hugs tightly*

Spoiler:
      I know how you feel. My grandpa had dementia, thankfully he passed away quickly so we didn't get to see him fall apart completely. At least you didn't have an evil step-grandmother taking advantage of it. May she continue to rot.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Spoiler:
        The last week has been stressful, both in work and personal life. Nothing horrible, just stressful. My mom's dementia is getting worse quite rapidly. She's been waking me up 3-4 times a night and I never sleep well to begin with. And a huge project went in at work last week and it didn't go well for me. Hopefully that will be straightened out tonight so at least that part of life will get better.

So I'm here. Watched the Martin Firrell web site thing (it always freaks me out to hear David Nykl not speaking with an accent... ok, ok, not speaking with a Canadian/American accent). Squeed at his words about Joe. Still love Sparky. Bummed to miss out on Aurora.
        *waves* Glad things may be looking up. Dealing with family problems is never easy, but we are here to make it better.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        That may be one of the best Sparky fics I've ever read, SR!!!! I totally LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Awww, thanks. It was a labor of love. I love writing John.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Spoiler:

*hugs you tight* I'm sorry to hear things haven't been going so well. But you can always find an ear to listen and a shoulder to lean on here. *hugs you some more*

Oh and still loving being Sheppard's Golf Club.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          Oh yes, the teasing.....teyla/michael anyone? Even Connor got confused with that
          Teyla/Michael could've been wicked fun. Especially if they had also done Teyla/Carson with Carson fathering Teyla's baby just before he got killed in "Sunday", only for Our Heroes to discover months later that Michael cloned him... yeah. So very like a soap opera, but there's no denying that the crack would've been delicious.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Spoiler:

I have nothing of substance to offer except (((hugs)))

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
            They sure do

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            *hugs you tight* I'm sorry to hear things haven't been going so well. But you can always find an ear to listen and a shoulder to lean on here. *hugs you some more*

Teyla/Michael could've been wicked fun. Especially if they had also done Teyla/Carson with Carson fathering Teyla's baby just before he got killed in "Sunday", only for Our Heroes to discover months later that Michael cloned him... yeah. So very like a soap opera, but there's no denying that the crack would've been delicious.
            I guess you're right, there is some sense to the pairing. It would've meant his interest in Torren actually made sense - the 'child of two gifted parents' thing seemed silly when he was doing gene manipulation anyway
            sigpic

Comment

Nah, that would never have worked. It made entirely too much sense. But seriously, any ship seems like soap opera, so why not go with something that would be logical. There was a great connection between Teyla and Carson. Who's to say that didn't develop into more? And the same with Michael. Teyla's own Wraith connection made that a good match.

I have nothing of substance to offer except (((hugs)))

They sure do

I guess you're right, there is some sense to the pairing. It would've meant his interest in Torren actually made sense - the 'child of two gifted parents' thing seemed silly when he was doing gene manipulation anyway
              Michael's interest in her child was just dropped like a hot rock. Even when he came back trying to take them both with him, it was more about revenge and his hurt at being rejected. Once again they missed a great chance to ramp up the sci fi element by having Michael do something dastardly or reveal that Torren was his child, as a lot of people expected anyway. The whole idea that both Teyla and Kanaan had the "gift" was supposedly the whole reason for Torren being special, but that was dropped and he became just another baby. It was like they left their options open as to whether Michael manipulated the genes or wanted the kid for his super parents, and then they just decided to forget both. I shudder to think about what a season 6 would have been like.
              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

True fax, dat.

Nah, that would never have worked. It made entirely too much sense.

But seriously, any ship seems like soap opera, so why not go with something that would be logical. There was a great connection between Teyla and Carson. Who's to say that didn't develop into more? And the same with Michael. Teyla's own Wraith connection made that a good match.
                You betcha. That's kinda why I like the idea of both of them. The opportunities are just too good to pass up.

Michael's interest in her child was just dropped like a hot rock. Even when he came back trying to take them both with him, it was more about revenge and his hurt at being rejected. Once again they missed a great chance to ramp up the sci fi element by having Michael do something dastardly or reveal that Torren was his child, as a lot of people expected anyway. The whole idea that both Teyla and Kanaan had the "gift" was supposedly the whole reason for Torren being special, but that was dropped and he became just another baby. It was like they left their options open as to whether Michael manipulated the genes or wanted the kid for his super parents, and then they just decided to forget both. I shudder to think about what a season 6 would have been like.
                I had heard somewhere that supposedly TPTW didn't want to do another "super baby" like they did with Adria on SG-1. I have to admit, I can kind of understand that reasoning, but as you rightly mentioned, they'd already laid the groundwork for going in that direction. Backpedaling at that point just made the whole thing look silly.

I shudder to think what their Season 6 would've looked like as well. Sure, we might have gotten Elizabeth back permanently, if the plotting Mallozzi has detailed on his blog can be believed, but would it have been as satisfying as what we're planning for Atlantis Rising? I doubt it.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

True fax, dat.

You betcha. That's kinda why I like the idea of both of them. The opportunities are just too good to pass up.

I had heard somewhere that supposedly TPTW didn't want to do another "super baby" like they did with Adria on SG-1. I have to admit, I can kind of understand that reasoning, but as you rightly mentioned, they'd already laid the groundwork for going in that direction. Backpedaling at that point just made the whole thing look silly.

I shudder to think what their Season 6 would've looked like as well. Sure, we might have gotten Elizabeth back permanently, if the plotting Mallozzi has detailed on his blog can be believed, but would it have been as satisfying as what we're planning for Atlantis Rising? I doubt it.
                  I know it wouldn't have been satisfying in the least. First of all, they wouldn't have shipped her with John even if the entire fandom rose up in revolt and demanded it. Secondly, they would have promised to use her in a good way but would have dropped the ball just like in S4. And thirdly, we would have to have watched her being all happy with John being shipped with someone else. So no. I'll take just what we got. Thank you very much.

And as for SGA-R. Canon FTW!
                  sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I know it wouldn't have been satisfying in the least. First of all, they wouldn't have shipped her with John even if the entire fandom rose up in revolt and demanded it. Secondly, they would have promised to use her in a good way but would have dropped the ball just like in S4. And thirdly, we would have to have watched her being all happy with John being shipped with someone else. So no. I'll take just what we got. Thank you very much.
                      In-very-deed.

You betcha! We're doing it right, baby.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                      Heeheehee! I love that one so much!

Comment

Sure, we might have gotten Elizabeth back permanently, if the plotting Mallozzi has detailed on his blog can be believed,
                        Wow, could you please elaborate on this? I don't have the stomach for Malozzi's blog because I don't like his constant pushing for John/Teyla, so I have no idea what they plotted for season 6. Did they really seriously plan to get Elizabeth back?! What else were they planning?

Or maybe you could just give me a link, provided Malozzi does not mention John/Teyla in any way in that entry?
                        Last edited by Raelis; 07 August 2012, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          I would have given everything that I own, including my life if it could have been not about Rodney, John or anyone who has more than 10 lines per episode. Say those background characters that are supposed to be main too.
                          I don’t know if ’The Shrine’ may have worked with many other cast members, at least not the way it was, however there were defiantly a lot of other episodes they could have re-written (or skipped) that could have been written with other characters as the main-characters. It would have been interesting to have seen at least one episode written from a non-lead pov, kinda in a way ‘Michael’ was only it would have been from the characters we knew better and cared for more.

And I agree with what you said about Jason, he is great and he defiantly would have been able to pull it off if the writers had given him more to work with at times.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                          Cute.

Yuck, yeah after everything I heard about the ideas of what season 6 would have been like I think we all (including the cast) got lucky in some ways because even if I miss SGA and would have loved to have seen them all get a good ending (including bringing Elizabeth back in a good way) there was also a lot of things that is going against that. For example EatG did make it seem like TPTB wants to kill of Ronon (and it appears that they only brought him back because they knew it would be the end) but I have the strange feeling that he wouldn’t have come back otherwise which would have sucked because even if he may not have been allowed to do much he was a big part of SGA and I didn’t want to see more people die, now I don’t know if this was true in any way it just feels as if that’s where it was going. Oh well, either way it’s easier to imagine how it goes yourself and it’s pretty sad when you feel like you can create your own ending in your mind and feel more satisfied then what you got on the actual show.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                            For example EatG did make it seem like TPTB wants to kill of Ronon (and it appears that they only brought him back because they knew it would be the end) but I have the strange feeling that he wouldn’t have come back otherwise which would have sucked because even if he may not have been allowed to do much he was a big part of SGA and I didn’t want to see more people die, now I don’t know if this was true in any way it just feels as if that’s where it was going.
                            Wasn't it because Jason Momoa was dead set on leaving after season 5? I guess they would have had to kill him, because it was the only plausible way to explain Ronon leaving the show. There's no way Ronon would want to leave the team,or Atlantis, so death would have probably been the only option. As a Ronon fan, I am glad that season 5 wad the last.

Comment

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
                              Wow, could you please elaborate on this? I don't have the stomach for Malozzi's blog because I don't like his constant pushing for John/Teyla, so I have no idea what they plotted for season 6. Did they really seriously plan to get Elizabeth back?! What else were they planning?

Or maybe you could just give me a link, provided Malozzi does not mention John/Teyla in any way in that entry?
                              same question here.

I love the fact that they wanted her to be back, but why season 6? why so late? They could have easily done it in season 5 after ghost in the machine.

I don't understand this John/Teyla thing at all. If he really wanted them to be together John would be the father of Teyla's child but he isn't. so it's pretty clear for me that there will never be John/Teyla at all, even if there was a season 6. she has a family and it would be so stupid if they become a couple after having a child with another man.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainMina90 View Post
                                same question here.

I love the fact that they wanted her to be back, but why season 6? why so late? They could have easily done it in season 5 after ghost in the machine.

I don't understand this John/Teyla thing at all. If he really wanted them to be together John would be the father of Teyla's child but he isn't. so it's pretty clear for me that there will never be John/Teyla at all, even if there was a season 6. she has a family and it would be so stupid if they become a couple after having a child with another man.
                                Exactly.

I don't have anything against John/Teyla as a ship because... well. because I don't have anything against any ships and I respect people's right to like what they like. However, I am selfishly glad John/Teyla did not end up being canon (even though I am still bothered by John/Teyla hints throughout the seasons, like the opening scene of Search and Rescue). I also don't get it: if they wanted to ship these two, why on Earth didn't they do it? What obstacles did John and Teyla have in their way to prevent them from hooking up? Is that exactly the same thing as Sam/Jack? But Teyla is not in the American military. If John was pining for her all that time, why did he never make a move on her before her union with Kanaan becoming a possibility???

I mean, I really,honestly don't get it, and this is why John/Teyla in potential season 6 would have broken my brain completely.

Comment

Working...
                                X