Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have fun at the Olympics, ShWeir!

FH, I'm going to be looking forward to your fic!

Originally posted by Brie View Post
    I was thinking of something when I saw ‘Progeny’ on TV how many times John says “Are you ok?” and how I love the way he says it, his voice and eyes are so full of concern and it’s always directed to Elizabeth.

So far I’ve counted three of them.

The end of ‘the eye’ when John saves her from Kolya:

http://i50.tinypic.com/20zv3bm.jpg

The infirmary scene in ‘The Long Goodbye’ when Elizabeth wakes up for the first time after being hit by Phoebus black-box beam.

http://i45.tinypic.com/25gf6rq.jpg

And in the scene in ‘Progeny’ after John saves her from Niam’s attack.

http://i48.tinypic.com/30k4riw.jpg

It’s obvious that it’s REAL concern he’s feeling and it’s funny in all these scenes that his eyes doesn’t leave hers until he gets a response and then he always breathe a sigh of relief
    Oh, goodness yes. That. Voice. And he only uses That Voice for Elizabeth. No one else. *melts into a puddle of happy Sparky fangirl goo*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Good observations. It was like he was trying to convince himself because the thought of being without her would be more than he could handle. And I think both in TMC when he tries to convince her to stay even though she was not the real Elizabeth, and again in GitM when he asks Woolsey "What if one of them decides to stay?", he wants her back no matter what and is perfectly willing to accept both forms of her. That just tells me he is still grieving and most likely will never stop.
    Unless he gets her back. Then he'll stop grieving, but he'll never stop blaming himself. We all know how he is. *glares at TPTW and possessively strokes hard drive with SGA Rising files*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Oh, goodness yes. That. Voice. And he only uses That Voice for Elizabeth. No one else. *melts into a puddle of happy Sparky fangirl goo*
      I know, I just love his Lizzy-voice, I’m actually amazed that Elizabeth could resist him the way she did, and when Elizabeth gave him those looks I’m amazed that he could resist, heck it was probably a good thing that her office had glass-walls and there were other people in most of their scenes because the screen basically melted from the hotness when they were just in the same scenes together, I think if we had gotten more that our TVs would have exploded. Though we still don’t know how the ‘war and peace’ – scene in ‘Home’ ended since they were alone in his bedroom and we didn’t see her leave…though, it might have been a bit early it could give us an indication that it was a common occurrence both before that scene and later (I mean she did look very comfortable in there, just like he did when he came to check on her in ‘The Return pt 1’).
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        FH, I'm going to be looking forward to your fic!
        As am I, and I'm writing it.

*lemming bounce*

I JUST SAW BRAVE AND IT ROCKED!!!

I just had to get that out of my system.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
          Thanks Have been going through old artwork for the 1st Anniversary of the AfA tread and found them lurking at the bottom of my PB account - interesting to see how much my art has changes over the past year
          You're welcome.

LOVE your new avatar as well. Wish I could say and do that some days.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
            Yeah, I know no one's forgotten that easily, and I'm not saying it's been wiped from our history, what I am saying is that there are so many deaths that people have forgotten. Most young people these days think the Titanic was a story. Not many people know of the others that died, like the resistance, details like that have been missed out in history classes and so young people think it was just soldiers and Jews that were killed not all the others. Yes it is in our history, and in museums but how many young people really care for history these days, I'm a history teacher, I know how many of the kids don't pay attention in class, and I know that in lessons done by other teachers they don't get taught about people like the resistance. So they are slowly getting forgotten by the younger generation, we know about it, but most of them don't.
            You're a history teacher, ShWeir? I knew there was a reason I like you.

I tend to worry about what is going to happen to the world when we all die sometimes.

This younger generation seems to have no idea about anything thay happened even 2 years before they were born. It's not just parts of WWII that are being forgotten. An old co-worker once told be his younger cousin didn't know which side won the American Civil War and she was in high school at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
              An old co-worker once told be his younger cousin didn't know which side won the American Civil War and she was in high school at the time.
              And here I was thinking that was an easy answer... even I know that, and American history isn't a priority over here.

The sad part is that it's not just young people who don't seem to care about it. I have 40-something colleague whom I had to explain what the Last Post is in Ypres. And I thought for sure that at least was something that everyone would know. Right? Right? No, really... Right, right?

Comment

ShWeir - my degrees are in history too, but I rarely teach history. I teach economics, government, and sociology. I've taught history a few times over the years, but it's not my main assignment.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  I teach economics, government, and sociology.
                  And what exactly are those two subjects about?

Economics I know - I had that a couple of years too many if you ask me. Not exactly a fan of economics.

Comment

ShWeir - my degrees are in history too, but I rarely teach history. I teach economics, government, and sociology. I've taught history a few times over the years, but it's not my main assignment.
                    I love all these teachers on here. I taught 6th grade for most of my career, which means I taught everything. I also taught English in a private school in grades 4-8 and then later both English and History in middle school.

I'm glad somebody is still teaching government. When I read the papers and see young people being interviewed on TV these days, I wonder if they even know how our government is structured. Actually, I know they don't know much about that. I will leave it to you experts to answer FH's question.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      ...I wonder if they even know how our government is structured.
                      Probably less chaotic than ours.

Though I still fondly even remember our history teacher trying her very best to explain the US presidential elections to us. All we did really was stare back with blank faces. We gave her several more grey hairs during those classes.

Comment

government is about the structure and function of the (primarily US) government. Gives a basic understanding of the Constitution, the branches of government - executive, legislative, and judicial - and how things work, like Presidential elections.

Sociology - the study of groups. Just like Psychology is the study of the individual - what makes him tick as it were, Sociology looks at groups and group behavior. We explore such topics as culture, norms, values and beliefs, family, socialization, religion, bureaucracy, social classes, racial and ethnic relations, sex and gender, education (as a system), power and authority, demography and world population, even sport as it applies to society.
                        sigpic

Comment

government is about the structure and function of the (primarily US) government. Gives a basic understanding of the Constitution, the branches of government - executive, legislative, and judicial - and how things work, like Presidential elections.

Sociology - the study of groups. Just like Psychology is the study of the individual - what makes him tick as it were, Sociology looks at groups and group behavior. We explore such topics as culture, norms, values and beliefs, family, socialization, religion, bureaucracy, social classes, racial and ethnic relations, sex and gender, education (as a system), power and authority, demography and world population, even sport as it applies to society.
                          Ah, like that. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            And here I was thinking that was an easy answer... even I know that, and American history isn't a priority over here.

The sad part is that it's not just young people who don't seem to care about it. I have 40-something colleague whom I had to explain what the Last Post is in Ypres. And I thought for sure that at least was something that everyone would know. Right? Right? No, really... Right, right?
                            Is bad military history buff. What is the Last Post in Ypres?

American history may not be a priority in Europe but I'm guessing some people are really into it. I was at a Civil War reenactment once and the guy who was explaining the action to the onlookers mentioned being at a full scale reenactment of the Battle of Shiloh conducted in England of all places.

Comment

I happen to be a huge history buff myself. I know alot about Tudor History after becomming obsessed with the Tudors specifically Sir Thomas More...why him Im trying to figure that out. I am also a huge fan of Art History as I am a Art history major you show me a painting I can tell you what period it is from.
                              BALCONIES
                              The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                              sigpic

Comment

So folks what have I missed lately? Been going through a transitional phase.

Comment

Working...
                                X