• Time
  • Show
Clear All

a little lovetalk
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      a little lovetalk
      You are our hero. We can never get enough cute little Sparkies.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

And the Sparky smilies keep coming! I think that's one of my favorites, Nolamom!

Day Two of frog dissection in biology. As I'm wearing sandals, I'm sitting this one out. What with flying frog parts and scalpels, and whatnot.

Tonight is laundry and fic night. Got a lot to catch up in both areas. Also need to fit in a run if at all possible.

So a Sparky question for discussion: what kinds of relationships do you think alternate reality versions of John and Elizabeth would have? Would they be in the same roles, or what circumstances could've altered the timelines?

Also -- I'll be working on eye!sex vid tonight, starting with "Rising". If anyone else has other moments to contribute, please let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          And the Sparky smilies keep coming! I think that's one of my favorites, Nolamom!

Day Two of frog dissection in biology. As I'm wearing sandals, I'm sitting this one out. What with flying frog parts and scalpels, and whatnot.

Tonight is laundry and fic night. Got a lot to catch up in both areas. Also need to fit in a run if at all possible.

So a Sparky question for discussion: what kinds of relationships do you think alternate reality versions of John and Elizabeth would have? Would they be in the same roles, or what circumstances could've altered the timelines?

Also -- I'll be working on eye!sex vid tonight, starting with "Rising". If anyone else has other moments to contribute, please let me know!
          Some things never change, but isn't it kind of late in the year for frog dissection? You reminded me of my biology class in college. They brought in a bucket full of live frogs. We had to reach in, get one and kill it with a dissection needle. Chaos ensued. My lab partner did the deed for me. There was no way I was gonna touch that thing until it was good and dead. *shudders* I was such a girly girl about some things.

There are an infinite number of possibilities, but I'm betting in a lot of them Sparky is a couple and happy. In some, one or the other of them is dead and/or paired with other people. But I'm betting if they're not together they feel like something is always missing.
          sigpic

Comment

No, I'm not dead!

My point of view about TPTB and Sparky.
            When the show started in France, we were a little group of friends watching the show.
            The first episode we thought "Ok the American soldier with the sexy alien. New 'Pocahantas' story" and we were ok with the idea. But with “38mins” and especially with “The Storm/The eye”, we thought “what the….? hey! this guy is supposed to be with the sexy alien and not with his boss…..or I missed something?”.
            And after that, the majority of us thought that John/Elizabeth was the “official couple” in this show.
            We didn’t know about the plan of TPTB. We didn’t read their interview….so we judged by what we saw on the show. Sometimes, we saw some hints of John/Teyla (during three seasons) but nothing very serious. Of course, all this changed during seasons 4 and 5. It was obvious that TPTB wanted to do something with John and Teyla.
            But we were not crazy because even the French magazines saw “John/Elizabeth” and “Ronon/Teyla”.
            I’m not saying that what the French magazines and us were right but just TPTB messed up their plan “Teyla/John” with what they wrote. lol
            sigpic
            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
              No, I'm not dead!

When the show started in France, we were a little group of friends watching the show.
              The first episode we thought "Ok the American soldier with the sexy alien. New 'Pocahantas' story" and we were ok with the idea. But with “38mins” and especially with “The Storm/The eye”, we thought “what the….? hey! this guy is supposed to be with the sexy alien and not with his boss…..or I missed something?”.
              And after that, the majority of us thought that John/Elizabeth was the “official couple” in this show.
              We didn’t know about the plan of TPTB. We didn’t read their interview….so we judged by what we saw on the show. Sometimes, we saw some hints of John/Teyla (during three seasons) but nothing very serious. Of course, all this changed during seasons 4 and 5. It was obvious that TPTB wanted to do something with John and Teyla.
              But we were not crazy because even the French magazines saw “John/Elizabeth” and “Ronon/Teyla”.
              I’m not saying that what the French magazines and us were right but just TPTB messed up their plan “Teyla/John” with what they wrote. lol
              Probie, you're still alive!!!! *Hugs and clings*

I really wonder sometimes if TPTB ever really had a plan. If the "intended" ship was to be the "intended" ship why in the wide world of shippiness didn't they write more for that pair. Instead, Sparky starts to come across nearly ever other time John and Elizabeth are in the same scene from pretty much the pilot on.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post

I really wonder sometimes if TPTB ever really had a plan. If the "intended" ship was to be the "intended" ship why in the wide world of shippiness didn't they write more for that pair. Instead, Sparky starts to come across nearly ever other time John and Elizabeth are in the same scene from pretty much the pilot on.
                Yes alive but very busy at work.......but I'm here.lol

For them, John/Teyla was the "official ship" but I think it was not their priority.
                They tried to write something about them but they forgot something very important: chemistry
                I'm not saying there is not chemistry between John and Teyla but it's not as strong as the chemistry between John/Elizabeth. I'm not very objective (I'm Saprky, not my fault) but it seems more natural between them. (because of the actors, for some others reasons...I don't know)
                sigpic

Comment

No, I'm not dead!

*tackles* I was just thinking about you. I must have magic powers.

And just look how successful the French SparkyCon was. The French are wise and intelligent people. *nods*

I think ship of any kind was not a top priority for them. They never gave their actors much direction. I remember Joe saying in an interview in regards to his relationship with Teyla in S4 that he came to the conclusion that John was jealous. He had to figure that out all by himself. Nobody had told him that John cared if Teyla was with another man, but he had originally been told that they would end up together so he was just taking that to its logical conclusion. I also once read that Rachel said that she and Joe never talked about John and Teyla's relationship. Wouldn't you have thought that would have made a difference? If I was a writer, I would have instructed my actors as to how their characters felt about each other. Very strange.

For them, John/Teyla was the "official ship" but I think it was not their priority.
                  They tried to write something about them but they forgot something very important: chemistry
                  I'm not saying there is not chemistry between John and Teyla but it's not as strong as the chemistry between John/Elizabeth. I'm not very objective (I'm Saprky, not my fault) but it seems more natural between them. (because of the actors, for some others reasons...I don't know)
                  None of us is very objective, I'm afraid. And that's okay. That's what shipping is all about. But we do get a little testy when people tell us our opinions are wrong and that we shouldn't exist. LOL
                  sigpic

Comment

SR: Mom, we are connected to each other.lol

"we shouldn't exist".....pff this thread is very active so yes we're alive.

BTW, did I miss something? Fics? interviews? cons? pics?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Some things never change, but isn't it kind of late in the year for frog dissection? You reminded me of my biology class in college. They brought in a bucket full of live frogs. We had to reach in, get one and kill it with a dissection needle. Chaos ensued. My lab partner did the deed for me. There was no way I was gonna touch that thing until it was good and dead. *shudders* I was such a girly girl about some things.
                      *shudders*

They've already done the state mandated End of Course exam for Biology, and they're filling up the last few days with fun things to do. Also, the teacher was on maternity for the first quarter, so we may have done it earlier, but with a substitute, maybe she decided to wait.

It's funny, because I was homeschooled during high school and never did a dissection. So now I'm living vicariously through the students.

There are an infinite number of possibilities, but I'm betting in a lot of them Sparky is a couple and happy. In some, one or the other of them is dead and/or paired with other people. But I'm betting if they're not together they feel like something is always missing.
                      Word!

No, I'm not dead!

*glomps Probie* Missed ya, sister!

And OMG at the Pocahontas line. I'm still laughing.

The actors are that gooooood.

*points to above line*

Bell just rung. Be back later!!!

*zips off and runs into door*

Comment

*shudders*

They've already done the state mandated End of Course exam for Biology, and they're filling up the last few days with fun things to do. Also, the teacher was on maternity for the first quarter, so we may have done it earlier, but with a substitute, maybe she decided to wait.

It's funny, because I was homeschooled during high school and never did a dissection. So now I'm living vicariously through the students.
                        You were homeschooled? How neat. That may explain why your grammar is good and you can think logically. No offense to those of us who somehow survived the government schools and came out edumacated.

Could that be Fauxcahontas? See how I worked some French in there. Even though that's only one of about 3 words I know.

I'm in a giddy mood today, so watch out. Just a warning.
                        sigpic

Comment

*slides into computer chair*

Okay. I'm back.

I think ship of any kind was not a top priority for them. They never gave their actors much direction. I remember Joe saying in an interview in regards to his relationship with Teyla in S4 that he came to the conclusion that John was jealous. He had to figure that out all by himself. Nobody had told him that John cared if Teyla was with another man, but he had originally been told that they would end up together so he was just taking that to its logical conclusion. I also once read that Rachel said that she and Joe never talked about John and Teyla's relationship. Wouldn't you have thought that would have made a difference? If I was a writer, I would have instructed my actors as to how their characters felt about each other. Very strange.
                          That reminds me of a clip from a con, possibly ComicCon, with the "Castle" panel. Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic were taking turns reading from a "sensual" excerpt from the new Heat book. They were hanging all over each other, practically. I don't know how much of that is Nathan and Stana being so comfortable with each other, or if the writers/producers had a little something to do with that.

None of us is very objective, I'm afraid. And that's okay. That's what shipping is all about. But we do get a little testy when people tell us our opinions are wrong and that we shouldn't exist. LOL

You were homeschooled? How neat. That may explain why your grammar is good and you can think logically. No offense to those of us who somehow survived the government schools and came out edumacated.
                          *falls out of chair, laughing*

I'll be sure to pass the compliment on to my mother. Hee hee!

Could that be Fauxcahontas? See how I worked some French in there. Even though that's only one of about 3 words I know.

Ooh, I like SR in a giddy mood!

Comment

Like I said before, all the jumping around with things on the show (both in front and behind the camera) is enough to give you whiplash if you’re not careful.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Guess he wasn't much of a ladies' man, then. More like a one-lady man.
                            Haha, yupp, once Atlantis happened there really were only one woman on his mind.
                            sigpic

Comment

sigpic
                              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday! Back from the dentist, a Costco run, and whacking up some veggies for a sautéed corn salad to go with our fish for dinner. Whee, I'm ready for some fun!

PROBIE!!!! Long time no see! *huggles*

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                a little lovetalk
                                OMG, now that is just too cute! Thanks for sharing! *snerches cute smilie*

*tackles* I was just thinking about you. I must have magic powers.

And just look how successful the French SparkyCon was. The French are wise and intelligent people. *nods*
                                Indeed. But then, the French people are known 'round the world for having a keen understanding of true love. So of course they'd see Sparky!

*glomps Probie* Missed ya, sister!

*giggles*

Don't look at me. My parents sent me to Catholic schools from elementary through high school. No wonder I turned out so weird.

I think your giddy mood may be rubbing off on me. Or it's just my brain demanding its daily dose of frappuccino.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                                Haha, yupp, once Atlantis happened there really were only one woman on his mind.
                                How curious that you should say that right before poundpuppy posted this pic (img tags pulled, 'cause, you know, the mods don't like it when we repost pics):

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                                http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/SGA202-0022.jpg
                                And just look at where John's eyes are looking.

Yeah, we know exactly where John's mind is. IN. THE. GUTTER.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X