Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brie View Post
    Hello everyone!

I’m sorry to hear about your trip Falcon Horus.

Such interesting conversation Scary Kitty and Southern Red, I just had to say that what you wrote are things that I've reacted to as well.

I’m looking forward to reading more of your story ShipperWriter.
    Thanks! I'm looking forward to having the time to actually finish writing it! \o/

Ahem, I don’t know why I quoted that but yeah…this *lol*
    One more mention for emphasis can never hurt. LOL

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Yup! I learnt dat in skool! I iz edjukated!

LMAO. Seriously, though. It's nothing more than the scientific method, put into practice for writing fiction. Who'da'thunk it?
    Just because it deserves it:

Or planning attacks on nuclear power plants worldwide. *snorts* (That's actually for my original novel. And it's more about figuring out where all the irradiated zones will be when civilization goes belly up years before the story begins. Yay for fictional post-apocalyptic scenarios! )

As for my Stargate fic, I've looked at everything from the US Antarctica Program's website and field guides, the Air Force's e-publishing site for all sorts of manuals and guides on uniforms and regulations, the Army Quartermaster's website for food service in the military (complete with recipes sized to feed an army. Literally.), and to scientific articles on everything from triple-helix DNA theory to cosmic background radiation (aka the "God signal" from SGU). Yes, I am nuts, why do you ask?
    Girl. We all nuts!

Stick with the books written and co-written by Elizabeth Christensen (Exogenesis and Casualties of War are excellent, The Chosen was okay but not as good as the other two). Mirror, Mirror is also quite good, Reliquary is downright creepy (and gets bonus points for being set in Season 1. Yay, Ford!), and the novelization of Rising is a win.
    I definitely want to read "Casualties of War". I always love reading novelizations. They provide excellent and varying viewpoints on the situations.

Heh! Silly bunnies!
    Yeah ... they don't appreciate being called silly. FYI. They consider themselves professionals who want to be taken seriously.
    Last edited by ShipperWriter; 22 May 2012, 11:27 AM.

Comment

sigpic
      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Deliberate repost. Cause OMG. *squees*

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
        http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/SheppardandWeir2.jpg
        Why the hell is Elizabeth looking at you like that?

I dunno. Maybe my new aftershave. But I don't mind the gawking.

(mutters) Of course you don't, Kirk.

McKay walks out.

Elizabeth, what were you staring at me for?

I was trying to see if the hickey was still there.

Last edited by Rosehawk; 31 May 2012, 06:39 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags

Comment

*hugs Falcon Horus* Your boss sucks! I'm sorry he's a pinhead and taking it out on you, that's so unfair.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          Girl. We all nuts!
          True fax, dat.

I definitely want to read "Casualties of War". I always love reading novelizations. They provide excellent and varying viewpoints on the situations.
          Slight spoilers ahead:
          Spoiler:
          Do note that CoW was written before we found out the real direction that TPTW were taking the Replicator storyline; Christensen anticipated a different direction, so that aspect of the story doesn't sync up with how things went on the show. (I won't say any more than that as I don't want to spoil the novel for you.) That said, the rest of the story still stands up very well with the TV series. Always the mark of a good writer.

Yeah ... they don't appreciate being called silly. FYI. They consider themselves professionals who want to be taken seriously.
          Heh!

Deliberate repost. Cause OMG. *squees*

Why the hell is Elizabeth looking at you like that?

I dunno. Maybe my new aftershave. But I don't mind the gawking.

(mutters) Of course you don't, Kirk.

McKay walks out.

Elizabeth, what were you staring at me for?

I was trying to see if the hickey was still there.

AHAHAHAH! Brilliant!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Slight spoilers ahead:
            Spoiler:
            Do note that CoW was written before we found out the real direction that TPTW were taking the Replicator storyline; Christensen anticipated a different direction, so that aspect of the story doesn't sync up with how things went on the show. (I won't say any more than that as I don't want to spoil the novel for you.) That said, the rest of the story still stands up very well with the TV series. Always the mark of a good writer.
            Thanks! Now to find it in a cheap bookstore nearby ... or order it off Amazon, which seems to be the more likely option ...

AHAHAHAH! Brilliant!
            *shrugs* I have my moments.

Comment

So this is all the fic bunnies have given me permission to post so far. Will let you know when they release more.

Spoiler:
              John awoke with a slight headache, and inhaled sharply.

The scent of some type of berries filled his nostrils, and he opened his eyes, frowning in slight confusion at the brown hair directly in front of him.

Pretty sure that’s not mine.

Then the soft hand wrapped in his squeezed and he heard a soft sigh.

He chuckled in realization and pressed a kiss to the back of the neck, now visible to him. “Morning,” he greeted, starting to work his way around the left side of her neck, the pale vastness opening up to him.

She turned her head, working in tandem, and John craned his neck as their lips finally met again.

He pulled back, and Elizabeth smiled up at him, shyly. “Good morning,” she whispered in reply, a playful smile on her lips.

John leaned down and kissed her one more time before rolling back onto his side, spooning Elizabeth as he had during the night. Their intertwined fingers rested on the small rise of her hip, and he pulled himself closer to her, breathing her in.

“We can’t stay in here all day, John,” she chided in a light voice, yawns threatening to drown her out.

“Mm. Sure we can. The Fa’torians aren’t gonna care. They probably encourage this sort of behavior between husbands and wives.”

Elizabeth giggled. “And what about Ronan and Teyla?”

John let out a mocking groan. “Eeh. I’ll take care of them later.”

She rolled over in his arms, letting him readjust the arm under her waist before she settled. “I foresee a few problems with that.”

“Yeah?” he asked absentmindedly, pressing a kiss to her collarbone.

She gasped, then cleared her throat. John apparently wasn’t going to deter her, even though he was going to try his best. “They will -- ooh -- figure out where we are, sooner or later.”

“Okay,” he drew out, trailing down her skin towards fabric that just covered her breasts.

“And when Rodney gets back, someone will tell him.”

John groaned, pulling his head up. “You had to throw that in there, didn’t you?”

She shrugged, then grinned.

Comment

So this is all the fic bunnies have given me permission to post so far. Will let you know when they release more.

Spoiler:

The scent of some type of berries filled his nostrils, and he opened his eyes, frowning in slight confusion at the brown hair directly in front of him.

He chuckled in realization and pressed a kiss to the back of the neck, now visible to him. “Morning,” he greeted, starting to work his way around the left side of her neck, the pale vastness opening up to him.

She turned her head, working in tandem, and John craned his neck as their lips finally met again.

He pulled back, and Elizabeth smiled up at him, shyly. “Good morning,” she whispered in reply, a playful smile on her lips.

John leaned down and kissed her one more time before rolling back onto his side, spooning Elizabeth as he had during the night. Their intertwined fingers rested on the small rise of her hip, and he pulled himself closer to her, breathing her in.

“We can’t stay in here all day, John,” she chided in a light voice, yawns threatening to drown her out.

“Mm. Sure we can. The Fa’torians aren’t gonna care. They probably encourage this sort of behavior between husbands and wives.”

She rolled over in his arms, letting him readjust the arm under her waist before she settled. “I foresee a few problems with that.”

She gasped, then cleared her throat. John apparently wasn’t going to deter her, even though he was going to try his best. “They will -- ooh -- figure out where we are, sooner or later.”

“Okay,” he drew out, trailing down her skin towards fabric that just covered her breasts.

John groaned, pulling his head up. “You had to throw that in there, didn’t you?”

RAWR. Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! Oh-so appropriate for Smut Day!

Though I can well imagine Rodney complaining about how he's nothing more than a cold shower.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Spoiler:

That was great, I loved it. John and Liz finally got what they truly wanted; now one can hope that they will get to keep it.
                  sigpic

Comment

I was just watching ‘This Mortal Coil’ I don’t know why I hadn’t thought much about it before but now I noticed the conversation in the forest between John and Elizabeth and how odd in a way it was, and by odd I don’t mean for us because we’ve seen it all along but odd from the writers pov. I mean the part of the conversation that goes:

“It’s kind of weird that’s all, I mean, I don’t see you for all this time and then five minutes later I find out…”
                    “That I’m dead”

It’s John’s part of this conversation, it was like it wasn’t how they all felt (everyone on Atlantis) with Elizabeth is MIA and then now presumed dead but it was how he felt about it, it was a bit the same way in ‘Lifeline’ when he said “If she’s out there I will find her”.
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Now that was just almost perfect. The only thing wrong with it was that it's not longer.

I was just watching ‘This Mortal Coil’ I don’t know why I hadn’t thought much about it before but now I noticed the conversation in the forest between John and Elizabeth and how odd in a way it was, and by odd I don’t mean for us because we’ve seen it all along but odd from the writers pov. I mean the part of the conversation that goes:

“It’s kind of weird that’s all, I mean, I don’t see you for all this time and then five minutes later I find out…”
                      “That I’m dead”

It’s John’s part of this conversation, it was like it wasn’t how they all felt (everyone on Atlantis) with Elizabeth is MIA and then now presumed dead but it was how he felt about it, it was a bit the same way in ‘Lifeline’ when he said “If she’s out there I will find her”.
                      Tell me about it. It was definitely personal. From a writer's standpoint, it was signaling a personal connection. John definitely felt more for her than just a casual friend.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        Now that was just almost perfect. The only thing wrong with it was that it's not longer.
                        LOL!

Tell me about it. It was definitely personal. From a writer's standpoint, it was signaling a personal connection. John definitely felt more for her than just a casual friend.
                        And irony of ironies, TMC was written by... Mallozzi and Mullie. (Though apparently Brad Wright collaborated on the story idea.) What do you know? They got this one right.

Comment

RAWR. Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! Oh-so appropriate for Smut Day!

Though I can well imagine Rodney complaining about how he's nothing more than a cold shower.
                          Thanks!

And ooh ... thanks for the inspiration ... if it turns up in a fic, I'll be sure to credit you.

That was great, I loved it. John and Liz finally got what they truly wanted; now one can hope that they will get to keep it.
                          We'll see ...

“That I’m dead”

Exactly. He's the one who told Carter that he was going to keep looking for Elizabeth, and he wasn't giving up on her. There was still hope, and he clung to it, without any real evidence that she was indeed still alive, for months, and when he finally found her, even though it wasn't the "same" Elizabeth that they had lost, he still awkwardly tried to find a way for her to come back.

And he was also the one who broached the subject with Woolsey in GitM about "if one of them decided to stay". Who was he talking about? Must have been Koracen.

Anyhow, this is kinda interesting, in conjunction with a plotline of mine that's currently simmering on the back burner of my mind:

Before Atlantis was cancelled, Carl Binder intended to write an episode that brought back Elizabeth Weir once again in the show's sixth season, according to Mallozzi.

"The reason we brought back the Weir character was in order to tell a story -- potentially a series of stories -- that fans of the character would enjoy. While I think closure it certainly nice, I'd argue that fans would have preferred to leave the door open and seen the character make multiple reappearances rather than ending Weir's story. For instance, the scenario ... 'Team Sheppard successfully rescues Weir and brings her home to Atlantis to recover and rejoin the team?' is not a conclusive end to the storyline but a continuation in a different creative direction.

"In my mind, the original Weir was not destroyed (as the human form Replicators would have us believe). Her body was kept 'on ice' somewhere to serve as a prototype for future study. At the time I wrote 'This Mortal Coil,' I imagined a future storyline that would have involved the team learning of Weir's fate and launching a rescue op. They would have retrieved her and, in the end, Elizabeth would have headed back to Earth for some R&R, leaving the door open for future guest appearances."
                          (Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog)
                          It's very similar to the storyline that I'm working on after M51-936 gets completed and I start on the AU HS fic (which still doesn't have a title, so if anyone wants to offer a suggestion, I'll gladly consider it!). But the big difference? This one will actually come to fruition.

It will be! That was just a snippet.

It's like a remark that Torri made at a con one time, which one, I don't recall at the moment, but she said, "Elizabeth had a huge crush on Sheppard." Good, strong friendships make for a strong romantic, personal, intimate attachment.

Maybe that's why I like Sparky so much. They started out as friends, not immediately jumping into bed together like some other ships on TV nowadays. It was a real relationships, with their ups and downs, and their good days and their bad days. But it was real. *nods*

Comment

And this is what happens when I take 15 minutes to write a post. I always miss one!

And irony of ironies, TMC was written by... Mallozzi and Mullie. (Though apparently Brad Wright collaborated on the story idea.) What do you know? They got this one right.
                            Remind me again, where did Carl Binder stand, in regards to Sparky? I swear, my brain is the size of a peanut, sometimes ...

Comment

Yeah, and if it wasn’t so sad it would almost be funny how obvious most of the writers were to it and it’s never going to stop fascinate me since for me it just feels and looks so obvious, and yeah, I would get it if it was just acted that way and there weren’t so many scenes like this one however since we know that there were a lot of times when the writers didn’t seem to agree with each other on things I do bet that they saw it but maybe they didn’t want to see it so they ignored it, it didn’t work but since, like have been said here before, we know how TPPT sometimes wrote different relationships maybe it was better that they did leave it alone, I dunno, I guess I’ve just been spoiled when it comes to especially other shows because you’re so used to the characters on those shows to eventually get together if they have such great chemistry as the one between John and Elizabeth, well it’s kind of sad that they didn’t get the happy ending they deserved with Elizabeth trapped in another body floating around in space and John being all alone while everyone else find someone to share their lives with, it’s all just really sad because the two of them I felt deserved to be together in the end…and I’m not one of those people who needs to have everything being rainbows and flowers but I just meant that after everything they had been through (together) and everything they had sacrificed for others it would have been nice to have seen them together in the end, well, that’s how I feel anyway and I guess if you’re a part of another fandom you see things differently.

And this is what happens when I take 15 minutes to write a post. I always miss one!

Remind me again, where did Carl Binder stand, in regards to Sparky? I swear, my brain is the size of a peanut, sometimes ...
                              I know what you mean.
                              I’m curies about that last thing too, I mean you get some feeling when you watch the episodes he wrote but I do wonder if he ever talked about it. Your earlier post was great and I enjoyed what Mallozzi wrote (even if I’m hearing so many different things from him I fear that I’m going to get some kind of whiplash injury from all of them) but he also mentioned that it was Carl that wanted to write that episode, well, either way I especially liked Carl’s work because he wrote a lot for the women of Atlantis, and I especially loved the way he wrote for Elizabeth’s character.
                              sigpic

Comment

well it’s kind of sad that they didn’t get the happy ending they deserved with Elizabeth trapped in another body floating around in space and John being all alone while everyone else find someone to share their lives with, it’s all just really sad because the two of them I felt deserved to be together in the end ... I just meant that after everything they had been through (together) and everything they had sacrificed for others it would have been nice to have seen them together in the end ...
                                Agree with you 100% on this! They needed a happy ending ... and weird irony, but someone did a Sparky video set to Avril Lavigne's "My Happy Ending" and I enjoy watching it for the delicious irony.

*clears throat and continues reading*

I know what you mean.
                                I’m curies about that last thing too, I mean you get some feeling when you watch the episodes he wrote but I do wonder if he ever talked about it. Your earlier post was great and I enjoyed what Mallozzi wrote (even if I’m hearing so many different things from him I fear that I’m going to get some kind of whiplash injury from all of them) but he also mentioned that it was Carl that wanted to write that episode, well, either way I especially liked Carl’s work because he wrote a lot for the women of Atlantis, and I especially loved the way he wrote for Elizabeth’s character.
                                Writing for everybody is tough, and I really admire the writers who can successfully pull it off. I'm not comfortable writing for everyone in Atlantis. Sometimes, I reread and edit fics so much that chunks get taken out.

Anyhow, it's getting late, and I need to actually wake up on time tomorrow.

Have a good night!

Comment

Working...
                                X