• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So a happy little treat for everybody to start the weekend:

"We'll Always Have M51-936"

Spoiler:
    Previously on M51-936:

John suggested a weather radar system for the Fa'torians. John kissed Elizabeth. Tharon conveniently forgot to tell them that there was a dance tonight. Elizabeth is acting like nothing happened.

Ronan stared blankly into the mirror as he finished dressing in the garments that the Fa’torians had provided. He looked like something out of a bad horror movie that he and Sheppard had watched one time. Yeah, he understood the whole “putting our best foot forward” notion, but this?

He had to draw a line somewhere.

There was a light tap on the door. He knew McKay wouldn’t bother knocking, and Sheppard and Weir were still getting ready. “It’s open, Teyla,” he replied, crossing his arms.

She opened the door quietly and chuckled as she closed it. “Those clothes are very becoming on you, Ronan.”

He snorted, turning to look at her. “Yeah, I don’t think so. These clothes make me look like…” He trailed off, not being able to think of a good comparison.

Teyla thought of one for him. “Like a man?” she asked, walking up to his side.

Ronan sighed, then grunted. “I haven’t worn clothes like these in a long time,” he admitted, turning back to stare at the reflection in the mirror that he hadn’t seen in years.

“They remind you of Sateda?” she asked quietly.

He barely gave her a nod. “Like I said. It was a long time ago.”

In reality, the clothes were nice. A forest green tunic was belted at the waist, with a pair of grey pants that bordered on black. He wore a vest that was open in the front, the color of Teyla’s skin. It was different from what he normally wore -- clothes left over from his days as a Runner -- and he almost admitted to himself that he liked the clothes. God knows they were a lot softer than his normal attire. But if he let himself feel comfortable while wearing them, it would only remind him more of Sateda. And what he lost.

He’d tried hard to get over that pain. The wound was almost closed. He wasn’t going to rip it open again and pour salt in it.

So he turned to face Teyla and nodded. “You look nice.”

She smiled widely at him. “Thank you. I am thankful that many cultures in our galaxy have similar taste in clothing.”

The dress she wore was similar in design to the crème colored one she had on earlier. But this one flowed to her feet, and the neckline swooped a little lower. The short sleeves of before were longer, the material flaring out but bunching together at the elbows. The coloring was a dark purple, which brought out glints of light in her eyes.

He smiled back at the woman who had become closer than a sister. “So. Got your eye on someone?”

Teyla glared at his back while he walked out of the room, a smug smile on his face.

-=-=-=-=-=-

The instant that Rodney had stepped through the ‘Gate, Evan Lorne had jogged down the stairs to meet him. “Doctor McKay. What’s our status?”

“Doctor Weir has made an agreement with the Fa’torians that, in return for some coffee beans and nice fabric -- which I could probably use for bed sheets -- umm, we’re rigging a weather radar system for them.” He tapped his earpiece, calling Zelenka to meet him in his lab.

“So they’re as nice as they seem?” Lorne asked.

“From what I’ve seen, yes. And,” McKay added emphatically, raising his index finger, “they are very good chefs.”

Lorne only smiled as he watched the astrophysicist walk away.

He headed back up to the control room. “Chuck, how’s everything looking?”

“Peaceful and quiet. For once,” Chuck mumbled under his breath with a chuckle. He then became aware of the major standing next to him with his arms crossed. “Sir,” he tacked on quickly at the end.

Evan chuckled in understanding. “In that case, I’m going to head down to the mess and get some dinner. Let me know when Dr. McKay prepares to leave.”

“Will do, Major,” Chuck replied as he spun in his chair, talking with another technician in the room as Lorne left the control room.

-=-=-=-=-=-

John was convinced the Fa’torians were evil.

In a good way, of course.

He had been laying on the bed, throwing a wadded up sock in the air and catching it, waiting for Elizabeth to finish using the shower in the bathroom. As she looked around, she had made the comment that the shower stall seemed to be big enough for two.

John had shut his eyes and sighed mercifully as Elizabeth shut the door. He waited to hear the click of a lock, but it never happened.

He knew in public that they were ignoring the kiss, seeming to pretend that it never happened. John had spent the day wondering if that feigned unawareness was going to carry over while they were in private, and it had. Which disappointed him a little.

He mentally reprimanded himself for even thinking that way.

He kept playing catch with the sock, not even noticing the water being turned off in the other room, until the door opened.

Elizabeth peeked her head out, giving him a small, embarrassed smile. “I forgot to bring my dress in with me.” Judging by the fabric covered shoulder that he could glimpse, she wasn’t naked, but his jaw still dropped in slight consternation.

He finally found his voice after a moment, amazed that he had even lost it in the first place. “You, uh, want me to grab it for you?”

She cocked her head to the side. “If you don’t mind,” she said, biting her lip.

John forced himself off the bed with a grunt, then made his way over to the closet and found the dress on a hanger. He picked it up and held it out to her.

Her hand snaked out through the crack in the doorway, but instead of reaching for the hanger she grabbed his hand. She waited until he finally brought his eyes up to meet hers and quietly asked, “You okay?”

“No, I’m not,” he replied, almost harshly as the words rolled off of his tongue.

Elizabeth looked taken aback. “What is it? What’s wrong?”

“I kissed you this morning, Elizabeth,” he slowly told her. “And you kissed me back.” He wriggled his hand out of hers and hung the hanger on the doorknob. He couldn’t help but let out a sigh. “And you haven’t said anything about it. It’s like you’re pretending it never happened.”

“How can I accept that it did?” she cried out, stepping out of the bathroom, pulling the bathrobe belt tight around her waist. “John, you know as well as I do that once we go back to Atlantis, this is over.”

Without skipping a beat -- “And by this, you mean?”

“Us! Once we go home, everything we feel, everything we’ve said, everything we’ve done is history. What’s the point of making things worse and exploiting the situation while we’re here?” She wrapped her arms and hugged herself. “It’s going to hurt like hell. And that’s going to be bad enough.”

“So we’re just supposed to bury everything beneath the surface and forget all of this?”

She brought her head up. Her stern face gave him the answer before her lips did. “Yes.”

John was too emotional right now, and it made him uncomfortable. His anger overtook the urge to talk about his feelings. “Fine. If that’s the way you wanna do things. But let me tell you something, Elizabeth. We’re going to this dance tonight, with our new friends, and I will dance with you and smile like a damn fool all night.“ He pointed an emphatic finger at her. “But if you think for one second that I’m not going to remember this, think again.”

The bathroom door and the bedroom door slammed shut at the same time.

Comment

Incredible part ShipperWriter, I loved it, what a great way to start the weekend.

Spoiler:
      I felt sorry for Ronan though I really enjoyed the part with him and Teyla, and the part with McKay was also great. My favourite part was the one with John and Elizabeth though, I really felt for both of them and their feelings and I understand them both, they know how they feel for each other they just need to figure out what to do about it without hurting either themselves or each other but hopefully they will be able to work things out in the end.
      sigpic

Comment

eving Sparkles how are we all?
        sigpic

Comment

I just saw the end of The Return I, and noticed how Elizabeth's quarters also double as Kate's quarters in Doppelganger, as a hallway (same with Sheppard's quarters). Kate's office also doubles as a hallway. Lots of doubling going on in Atlantis.

Beyond that I don't have much to add other than that my level of Sparky shippiness is at an all-time low. Sparky+1, on the other hand, or you know my favorite couple in the whole wide world/city/two galaxies and then some... high levels... anyway... not on topic so leaving now...
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*hugs FH*

Don't worry. There are somedays I just can't wait to get here, and then I walk in the door and think, WTH am I doing here??? Still having one of those days, to be honest. I think my brain has just completely shut down, since it's the weekend. All I'm good for is watching TV.

Speaking of which ... Be back later. Maybe watching a variety of shows will help the creative juices start flowing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

Spoiler:
              Previously on M51-936:

John suggested a weather radar system for the Fa'torians. John kissed Elizabeth. Tharon conveniently forgot to tell them that there was a dance tonight. Elizabeth is acting like nothing happened.

Ronan stared blankly into the mirror as he finished dressing in the garments that the Fa’torians had provided. He looked like something out of a bad horror movie that he and Sheppard had watched one time. Yeah, he understood the whole “putting our best foot forward” notion, but this?

There was a light tap on the door. He knew McKay wouldn’t bother knocking, and Sheppard and Weir were still getting ready. “It’s open, Teyla,” he replied, crossing his arms.

She opened the door quietly and chuckled as she closed it. “Those clothes are very becoming on you, Ronan.”

He snorted, turning to look at her. “Yeah, I don’t think so. These clothes make me look like…” He trailed off, not being able to think of a good comparison.

Ronan sighed, then grunted. “I haven’t worn clothes like these in a long time,” he admitted, turning back to stare at the reflection in the mirror that he hadn’t seen in years.

In reality, the clothes were nice. A forest green tunic was belted at the waist, with a pair of grey pants that bordered on black. He wore a vest that was open in the front, the color of Teyla’s skin. It was different from what he normally wore -- clothes left over from his days as a Runner -- and he almost admitted to himself that he liked the clothes. God knows they were a lot softer than his normal attire. But if he let himself feel comfortable while wearing them, it would only remind him more of Sateda. And what he lost.

He’d tried hard to get over that pain. The wound was almost closed. He wasn’t going to rip it open again and pour salt in it.

She smiled widely at him. “Thank you. I am thankful that many cultures in our galaxy have similar taste in clothing.”

The dress she wore was similar in design to the crème colored one she had on earlier. But this one flowed to her feet, and the neckline swooped a little lower. The short sleeves of before were longer, the material flaring out but bunching together at the elbows. The coloring was a dark purple, which brought out glints of light in her eyes.

He smiled back at the woman who had become closer than a sister. “So. Got your eye on someone?”

Teyla glared at his back while he walked out of the room, a smug smile on his face.

-=-=-=-=-=-

The instant that Rodney had stepped through the ‘Gate, Evan Lorne had jogged down the stairs to meet him. “Doctor McKay. What’s our status?”

“Doctor Weir has made an agreement with the Fa’torians that, in return for some coffee beans and nice fabric -- which I could probably use for bed sheets -- umm, we’re rigging a weather radar system for them.” He tapped his earpiece, calling Zelenka to meet him in his lab.

“From what I’ve seen, yes. And,” McKay added emphatically, raising his index finger, “they are very good chefs.”

“Peaceful and quiet. For once,” Chuck mumbled under his breath with a chuckle. He then became aware of the major standing next to him with his arms crossed. “Sir,” he tacked on quickly at the end.

Evan chuckled in understanding. “In that case, I’m going to head down to the mess and get some dinner. Let me know when Dr. McKay prepares to leave.”

“Will do, Major,” Chuck replied as he spun in his chair, talking with another technician in the room as Lorne left the control room.

-=-=-=-=-=-

He had been laying on the bed, throwing a wadded up sock in the air and catching it, waiting for Elizabeth to finish using the shower in the bathroom. As she looked around, she had made the comment that the shower stall seemed to be big enough for two.

John had shut his eyes and sighed mercifully as Elizabeth shut the door. He waited to hear the click of a lock, but it never happened.

He knew in public that they were ignoring the kiss, seeming to pretend that it never happened. John had spent the day wondering if that feigned unawareness was going to carry over while they were in private, and it had. Which disappointed him a little.

He kept playing catch with the sock, not even noticing the water being turned off in the other room, until the door opened.

Elizabeth peeked her head out, giving him a small, embarrassed smile. “I forgot to bring my dress in with me.” Judging by the fabric covered shoulder that he could glimpse, she wasn’t naked, but his jaw still dropped in slight consternation.

He finally found his voice after a moment, amazed that he had even lost it in the first place. “You, uh, want me to grab it for you?”

John forced himself off the bed with a grunt, then made his way over to the closet and found the dress on a hanger. He picked it up and held it out to her.

Her hand snaked out through the crack in the doorway, but instead of reaching for the hanger she grabbed his hand. She waited until he finally brought his eyes up to meet hers and quietly asked, “You okay?”

“No, I’m not,” he replied, almost harshly as the words rolled off of his tongue.

“I kissed you this morning, Elizabeth,” he slowly told her. “And you kissed me back.” He wriggled his hand out of hers and hung the hanger on the doorknob. He couldn’t help but let out a sigh. “And you haven’t said anything about it. It’s like you’re pretending it never happened.”

“How can I accept that it did?” she cried out, stepping out of the bathroom, pulling the bathrobe belt tight around her waist. “John, you know as well as I do that once we go back to Atlantis, this is over.”

“Us! Once we go home, everything we feel, everything we’ve said, everything we’ve done is history. What’s the point of making things worse and exploiting the situation while we’re here?” She wrapped her arms and hugged herself. “It’s going to hurt like hell. And that’s going to be bad enough.”

“So we’re just supposed to bury everything beneath the surface and forget all of this?”

She brought her head up. Her stern face gave him the answer before her lips did. “Yes.”

John was too emotional right now, and it made him uncomfortable. His anger overtook the urge to talk about his feelings. “Fine. If that’s the way you wanna do things. But let me tell you something, Elizabeth. We’re going to this dance tonight, with our new friends, and I will dance with you and smile like a damn fool all night.“ He pointed an emphatic finger at her. “But if you think for one second that I’m not going to remember this, think again.”

"Haopy?" I'd call it frustrating. *pokes Elizabeth* Stop being stupid, Lizzeh! You love John, and John loves you! Go find a closet! LOL!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Spoiler:
                Previously on M51-936:

-=-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-=-

I love it, SW!!!! Please remind me where the rest of it is so I can read it all.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Don't worry. There are somedays I just can't wait to get here, and then I walk in the door and think, WTH am I doing here???
                  Yup, exactly the way it feels...

Still having one of those days, to be honest. I think my brain has just completely shut down, since it's the weekend. All I'm good for is watching TV.
                  I can't afford my brain freezing on me, or I'll be having hell to pay come monday evening in class.

Speaking of which ... Be back later. Maybe watching a variety of shows will help the creative juices start flowing.
                  Maybe that's a good idea...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Sadly, that's not going to work for me anytime soon. The bastiches at the CW cancelled the only show I've really been interested in this season, The Secret Circle. Grr!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Seems like a lot of shows are getting cancelled left, right and center... I think I've learned my lesson in that area and not start watching a show when it first comes on. I was planning on watching Hawaii Five-O when it first aired. But I never did since I thought it would get cancelled anyway... so I have two seasons to catch up on.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Seems like a lot of shows are getting cancelled left, right and center... I think I've learned my lesson in that area and not start watching a show when it first comes on. I was planning on watching Hawaii Five-O when it first aired. But I never did since I thought it would get cancelled anyway... so I have two seasons to catch up on.
                        The trouble is, enough people not watching at first because they think the show's going to get cancelled may be part of the reason why good shows get cancelled too soon. Self-fulfilling prophecy and all that.

I am so ready to just turn in my remote, I swear. I'm disgusted with the crappiness of current TV shows right now.
                        (ETA: At least, until AMC gets off their collective butts and gives me Season 2 of Hell on Wheels.)
                        Last edited by Scary Kitty; 12 May 2012, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          The trouble is, enough people not watching at first because they think the show's going to get cancelled may be part of the reason why good shows get cancelled too soon. Self-fulfilling prophecy and all that.
                          Seeing as how my viewing doesn't count towards renewal or not, I can't help you there. Though it is indeed annoying to know this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

I am so ready to just turn in my remote, I swear. I'm disgusted with the crappiness of current TV shows right now.
                            (ETA: At least, until AMC gets off their collective butts and gives me Season 2 of Hell on Wheels.)
                            *sticks head up, runs in circles waving hands* HELL ON WHEELS HELL ON WHEELS HELL ON WHEELS! I'm still mad that they canceled The Finder, but I have high hopes for Hell on Wheels. Now just give S2 an air time, please. *begs on knees*
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Seeing as how my viewing doesn't count towards renewal or not, I can't help you there. Though it is indeed annoying to know this is true.
                              Very annoying. All it does is feed the self-fulfilling prophecy.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              *sticks head up, runs in circles waving hands* HELL ON WHEELS HELL ON WHEELS HELL ON WHEELS! I'm still mad that they canceled The Finder, but I have high hopes for Hell on Wheels. Now just give S2 an air time, please. *begs on knees*
                              LOL! I know, right? I did a little digging, and they started filming S2 a couple of weeks ago. So maybe by June or July we'll know when they'll start airing.

Comment

Hey! Thought I should pop in and see how we're all doin'.

So how's everyone's weekend goin'?

Comment

Working...
                                X