No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A warm Sparky thread welcome to Sheppard little minx! Grab a mojito, pull up a chair, and enjoy our very special brand of insanity!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Brotherhood was alright, but not an episode I watch frequently. I was surprised when Gero said it was his favorite episode that he wrote that season, and I think he said it was the best episode of the 2nd half or something... Ok let me get my DVD so I get his quote right..... waiting... waiting.... I remember when I thought Gero's little DVD bits were funny and now I just find him annoying. Yeah, he said it was his favorite episode. Dude, it's one of the weaker eps of the second half. Just my opinion, of course.

Anyway, it is not in the same galaxy as The Eye but then that was probably written more by Brad than Martin G. I count Brad as a closet Sparky fan. Or maybe a subliminal one, where he didn't consciously know he liked it, but he did.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    A'right, my mind is on shippy overload tonight. Gotta get some sleep. If at all possible.

Night, everybody! Pleasant dreams!
    Hah! I hear you on the shippy overload... Oh Sparky, I love you so.

Nighty-night, and pleasant Sparky dreams!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      OMG, I've watched it for most of my life. But I must say "Blink" from S3 of the new series is my favorite. But, I really enjoy Matt Smith's doctor. So if you're a newbie, I'd just start with his first ep and watch them in sequence. Just check his IMDB page. That way you get a feel for the show and can go back and watch the other Doctors for a contrast.
      Noted and placed in to do list.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard little minx View Post
        there was these creatures who wanted the doctor's life force so to stop them, the doctor goes human and becomes a school teacher. He falls in love with her and in the end the doctor stops them. hope this helps

Sorry for butting in but Sheppard and Weir are my 2 favourite characters along side Mckay and Beckett
        Welcome to our merry little band, Sheppard little minx. Stick around and enjoy the ride.
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Blasphemer! You must rectify that at once.
          I'm actually not too far off from him. I've seen a couple of clips online and I think I might have watched a full episode or 2 from an episode from a bazillion years ago or so. I know It had the Third Doctor. It was quite amusing actually, the episode I saw reminded me of one of the cheesier episodes of the original Star Trek. I think the funniest part was when the Master tried to eliminate the Doctor by calling him on the phone and then activating a device that caused the telephone line to attack him.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

there was these creatures who wanted the doctor's life force so to stop them, the doctor goes human and becomes a school teacher. He falls in love with her and in the end the doctor stops them. hope this helps

Sorry for butting in but Sheppard and Weir are my 2 favourite characters along side Mckay and Beckett
            Hi, welcome and thanks for that. I don't remember that one but will look it up.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
            I'm actually not too far off from him. I've seen a couple of clips online and I think I might have watched a full episode or 2 from an episode from a bazillion years ago or so. I know It had the Third Doctor. It was quite amusing actually, the episode I saw reminded me of one of the cheesier episodes of the original Star Trek. I think the funniest part was when the Master tried to eliminate the Doctor by calling him on the phone and then activating a device that caused the telephone line to attack him.
            Oh the Doctor has never tried to be anything but campy. Back in the days of Tom Baker, I used to read while Mr. SR watched it and just look up for the amusing parts. The special effects back then were just hilarious, but somehow it always had heart and humor. The new series has also been good with slightly better special effects. I think the last 3 Doctors have all been delightful and are what has made the show better. Though I don't like the hints at shipping. That's just wrong and not necessary, but I guess it has brought in a younger audience.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Morning y'all. I thought I'd drop by and say howdy and some may remember "The Adventures of Sir John and Lady Elizabeth". Well, I ran out of ideas so it may be a while before it comes back. I do have a prologue written for my angry-Lizzie-comes-back story. I'll write the first chapter and post them together maybe.

I've never seen Dr. Who, but I did see one of those cake shows where they made the telephone booth.

What kind of tickets do y'all buy to these con thingies. I looked and there's like a bazillion (well, three) ticket packages. JT I hear you'll be coming up to the greatest city ever in August. Any advice? Thanks a bunch.
              "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                Morning y'all. I thought I'd drop by and say howdy and some may remember "The Adventures of Sir John and Lady Elizabeth". Well, I ran out of ideas so it may be a while before it comes back. I do have a prologue written for my angry-Lizzie-comes-back story. I'll write the first chapter and post them together maybe.

I've never seen Dr. Who, but I did see one of those cake shows where they made the telephone booth.

What kind of tickets do y'all buy to these con thingies. I looked and there's like a bazillion (well, three) ticket packages. JT I hear you'll be coming up to the greatest city ever in August. Any advice? Thanks a bunch.
                It depends on your budget. With the gold ticket, most autographs are included and you get a closer seat which means you get called earlier for the autographs and the guest is fresher. However, it's easy to buy more autograph tickets from the table they have set up out front. The photo ops can be ordered ahead of time or also bought there, and you can print off and bring your own pics or buy them there. I was glad I printed my own because their photo paper is quite flimsy. They have a good selection though, but if you want to get one with both Joe and Torri autographed, you may want to bring your own. Whether the photos you have taken with them are ready by that guest's autograph session is a crap shoot. My Joe one was ready, but the Joe/David one came out after Joe had already left.
                sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Hiya, PK! SR's got some good advice regarding con tickets. Also make a note that both Gold and Preferred tickets are for reserved seats; if you have to step out of the Q&A room for any reason, your seat will be waiting for you when you return. General admission seats are first come, first served.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkyville.

I'm having one of those days where you just feel blegh but the show must go on, so I'm beinng irritable and snapping at people who are annoying me today. This will not end well ...

Anyhow. I brought my laptop so I might actually get some fics done. The bunnies have taken the vacation that I so dearly need ... *shakes fist angrily*

On the plus side, only 170 more posts until we hit 120,000, and then the party starts!
                    Last edited by ShipperWriter; 09 May 2012, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Wow been away for a few days. Anywho hi! Happy Sparky wednesday!

Comment

Hello everyone!

Good morning, Sparkyville.

I'm having one of those days where you just feel blegh but the show must go on, so I'm beinng irritable and snapping at people who are annoying me today. This will not end well ...

Anyhow. I brought my laptop so I might actually get some fics done. The bunnies have taken the vacation that I so dearly need ... *shakes fist angrily*

On the plus side, only 170 more posts until we hit 120,000, and then the party starts!
                        Sorry to hear that you’re having a rough day ShipperWriter, for me it has been the opposite actually, today have been one of those days when you feel like you’ve gotten a lot done which is always great, heck I even found a birthday present for myself.

Welcome to the thread. Those were and are my favourite characters as well, even if I like all of them, there were always something about the “earthlings” so to speak that drew me in.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Hiya, PK! SR's got some good advice regarding con tickets. Also make a note that both Gold and Preferred tickets are for reserved seats; if you have to step out of the Q&A room for any reason, your seat will be waiting for you when you return. General admission seats are first come, first served.
                          Good advice and may I add that you get to know the folks around you over the course of the weekend and sometimes make new friends. Our group had a ball together. As a first time con goer it was great to see the wide variety of ages and types of people who were there.
                          sigpic

Comment

sigpic
                            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I hope you survive your near death experience and rejoin us soon.
                              I'm sure heaven/hell has internet so I'll be back...

LOOOOOVE that one too.

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                              : Are you sure you saw them together?
                              : There's no mistake - they were together, getting married.
                              : And we weren't invited?
                              : Nobody was. They were alone ... with Halling.
                              : And the Lemming?
                              : On her shoulder of course....
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

What is 'Human Nature' about? I don't remember too many of the episode titles.
                                To put it simpley the Doctor turns human, Martha's upset 'cause he fell in love with someone who wasn't her. Big bad aliens want doctor (thats why he turned human) They don't get him, he turns Time Lord again, and they all go back to the TARDIS.

Comment

Working...
                                X