Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Blasphemer! You must rectify that at once.

Mornin' Sparkies. I'm ready for a good Sparky day. So, what can we determine from the little Sparky bits we got from The Brotherhood? I think that one was a good team episode. I loved how they all worked together, though I found Rodney a bit more snappy than usual. Who wrote that one? *runs to check* Gero, huh? That surprises me, but again I think he found Rodney's extreme snarkiness attractive. Personally, I prefer him a bit more toned down.
    Brotherhood was alright, but not an episode I watch frequently. I was surprised when Gero said it was his favorite episode that he wrote that season, and I think he said it was the best episode of the 2nd half or something... Ok let me get my DVD so I get his quote right..... waiting... waiting.... I remember when I thought Gero's little DVD bits were funny and now I just find him annoying. Yeah, he said it was his favorite episode. Dude, it's one of the weaker eps of the second half. Just my opinion, of course.

Anyway, it is not in the same galaxy as The Eye but then that was probably written more by Brad than Martin G. I count Brad as a closet Sparky fan. Or maybe a subliminal one, where he didn't consciously know he liked it, but he did.

Whew, that was a long sentence, but I agree. I was surprised too that it was Gero but then I remembered it coming out that in S1 he got a lot of help with his writing from Brad Wright and others. It was only later when they turned him loose that things went awry.

They never did get very successful with the two plot line thing IMHO. Take Critical Mass for example. I think the Athosian story line just brought the action to a screeching halt in that one. Trinity was a little bit better because the Ronon/Teyla part was interesting and had a bit of action.
    I actually think the second story works in Critical Mass, but it doesn't in The Brotherhood. *shrugs*

And LOL to your comment about Gero. So true, so true. Childhood's End, Trio, Brainstorm = Real Gero. The Eye = Brad Wright but typed up by Gero.

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
    That's so pretty!!

Hopefully that song isn't MACHO MACHO MAN! ROTFLMAO!

So lovely and romantic. Good work.
    Dammit! Stop trying to put that song in my head, woman!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    My eyes have recovered! Huzzah! Anyway, I still don't need glasses. This is a good thing.
    Excellent! I've needed glasses since 4th grade. Thank goodness for contacts!

Comment

Good evening everyone!

Nice song choices I guess *lol* I remember a while back when I was looking at some SGA pics while listeing to the radio and just when I was looking though the pics of the guys (the first pic being ironically one of John) LMFAO’s song ”I’m sexy and I know it” came on…uy, that song it so weird.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
        You would get on so well with my Daughter! She has been Dr Who mad since she was 2 years old. Currently asking every few days when the new season is starting!
        We'd definitely get along great then.

OMG, I've watched it for most of my life. But I must say "Blink" from S3 of the new series is my favorite. But, I really enjoy Matt Smith's doctor. So if you're a newbie, I'd just start with his first ep and watch them in sequence. Just check his IMDB page. That way you get a feel for the show and can go back and watch the other Doctors for a contrast.
        Blink is awesome. But you'll never look at a statue quite the same way again...

Whatever you do, don't blink!

SCARY!!!!

Oh, and remind me - what happened in Progeny again?
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

*stumbles back into thread* Sorry, still recovering from last night ... whew!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            *snorts*

I dunno, I was thinking more along the lines of "I'm Too Sexy."
            Oh Lord. Now I got that stuck in my head! Thanks ...

Well we can't have that. A Sparky should never be ignorant. Let's take a little trip back to the 70's in honor of the Shep!biceps that inspired the banter on this song during the post-a-thon.

Oh. My God.

OMG, I've watched it for most of my life. But I must say "Blink" from S3 of the new series is my favorite. But, I really enjoy Matt Smith's doctor. So if you're a newbie, I'd just start with his first ep and watch them in sequence. Just check his IMDB page. That way you get a feel for the show and can go back and watch the other Doctors for a contrast.
            Oh yes. Must watch "Blink". All of my friends agree it's our favorite DW episode.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Dammit! Stop trying to put that song in my head, woman!
            Yeah. I need to go wash out my mind with soap. And a Brillo pad.

Excellent! I've needed glasses since 4th grade. Thank goodness for contacts!
            Me too. I have contacts, but I need to order a new pair so most of the time I wear my glasses. My contacts come out when I head to Busch Gardens, or some nice occasion.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
            Good evening everyone!

Nice song choices I guess *lol* I remember a while back when I was looking at some SGA pics while listeing to the radio and just when I was looking though the pics of the guys (the first pic being ironically one of John) LMFAO’s song ”I’m sexy and I know it” came on…uy, that song it so weird.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Blink is awesome. But you'll never look at a statue quite the same way again...

Whatever you do, don't blink!

SCARY!!!!

Oh, and remind me - what happened in Progeny again?
            That episode is epic. "Blink", I mean.

"Progeny" -- Atlantis stumbles on who they think are Ancients, but it turns out to be Oberoth and Co. Everybody gets mind probed and they escape with Niam's help, who then attacks Elizabeth and John throws him off in a spectacular feat of Sparky Love.

That's what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
              "Progeny" -- Atlantis stumbles on who they think are Ancients, but it turns out to be Oberoth and Co. Everybody gets mind probed and they escape with Niam's help, who then attacks Elizabeth and John throws him off in a spectacular feat of Sparky Love.
              Ah yeah... that one... I apperently suffered a mild case of brainfreeze when I read the episode title. *face!palm*

Comment

Gotta say I didn't like DW 'Blink', The Weeping Angles creeped me out. 'Human Nature' is my fav.

Comment

Like I said, you'll never look at a statue just the same way again...

And darn it... time to go to sleep. The Mentalist episode with Claire will have to wait till thursday. One more day to live before I die and go to heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
                    Gotta say I didn't like DW 'Blink', The Weeping Angles creeped me out. 'Human Nature' is my fav.
                    "Blink" will creep you out. But the best time to watch it is at night. In the dark. With your sister. So you can scream and blow her eardrum out. "Human Nature" is a good one. Haven't seen it in a while.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Like I said, you'll never look at a statue just the same way again...

And darn it... time to go to sleep. The Mentalist episode with Claire will have to wait till thursday. One more day to live before I die and go to heaven.
                    "Don't. Blink." *hugs David Tennant*

I hope you survive your near death experience and rejoin us soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
                      What is 'Human Nature' about? I don't remember too many of the episode titles.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

there was these creatures who wanted the doctor's life force so to stop them, the doctor goes human and becomes a school teacher. He falls in love with her and in the end the doctor stops them. hope this helps

Sorry for butting in but Sheppard and Weir are my 2 favourite characters along side Mckay and Beckett
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Season 3, with Martha. The Doctor has to live as a human for 3 months and transfers his Time Lord consciousness into a fob watch. He and Martha end up on Earth in 1913 and since he doesn't remember who he is, he goes by John Smith, and Martha is his maid. He falls in love with a school nurse ...

That's the gist of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard little minx View Post
                            there was these creatures who wanted the doctor's life force so to stop them, the doctor goes human and becomes a school teacher. He falls in love with her and in the end the doctor stops them. hope this helps

Sorry for butting in but Sheppard and Weir are my 2 favourite characters along side Mckay and Beckett
                            Yeah, and that. My brain is not working well tonight!

And welcome to the thread! Do you ship them, or just have a special fondness for John and Elizabeth? Do you go by SLM, little minx, Shep's minx?
                            Last edited by ShipperWriter; 08 May 2012, 05:21 PM.

Comment

special fondness of them both esp when they are being cheeky like in return when sheppard says that weir is taking them out for dinner and she says cheeky

Don't mind really what ever is easy for everyone

right off to bed I go nite all
                              sigpic

Comment

A'right, my mind is on shippy overload tonight. Gotta get some sleep. If at all possible.

Night, everybody! Pleasant dreams!

Comment

Working...
                                X