X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

Um-hmm. That's what I'm talking about.

*cackles madly*
    Thanks, now I don't have to go looking for it. I do like that purdy face though.
    Last edited by Rosehawk; 24 April 2012, 06:21 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*cackles madly*
      NOW my night is complete. Thanks!!
      Last edited by Rosehawk; 24 April 2012, 06:22 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        TPTW secret to success. Find something that works and do the exact opposite. *snerks*
        Einstein was right about insanity. *nods*

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Very true. *shudder*

As for the non-shipping, I really think it was different for each of them. Gero was oblivious. Binder did it on purpose but never told the others, so they had no clue. Mallozzi didn't like Sparky but saw how it worked well, so he wrote it in anyway (defending my honor scene, anyone?).
        Indeed. The way Mallozzi kept flip-flopping on the issue gave me whiplash.

And of course the only episode of the entire season without any commentary at all is The Real World.
        And isn't GitM the only episode of Season 5 without a commentary?

Thank you!!

I figured I was gonna see the butt crack shot, though.
        So did I.

Speaking of which... Deliberate repost!

*cackles madly*
        Ohhhhh yeah. Bring on the cracky smut! Or something like that.
        Last edited by Rosehawk; 24 April 2012, 06:22 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Ooh, you ladies are bad. And with that, I'm falling asleep. Night!

Comment

Ooh, you ladies are bad. And with that, I'm falling asleep. Night!
            Heehee! We aim to misbehave!

Good night, and happy smutty Sparky dreams!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Out of curiosity I just decided to doubled check if Ghost in the Machine was the only season 5 episode without commentary on a whim after reading this page.

Technically that's not true, while there isn't a commentary for GitM, there isn't one for The Shrine either. And both of them are on the same disk.
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                Out of curiosity I just decided to doubled check if Ghost in the Machine was the only season 5 episode without commentary on a whim after reading this page.

Technically that's not true, while there isn't a commentary for GitM, there isn't one for The Shrine either. And both of them are on the same disk.
                Aha! See, that's why I asked, I wasn't sure if it was just GitM or if there were any others from S5 that had gone sans commentary. In-ter-est-ing. I would've thought they'd be all hot to trot to have a commentary for a McKay-fest like The Shrine.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Indeed. The way Mallozzi kept flip-flopping on the issue gave me whiplash.
                  That man drove me nuts. You got me thinking about some of the positive stuff he said about Sparky. So I went looking and found this: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...cember-8-2007/

This is the entry after This Mortal Coil aired. I remembered him saying how he loved the scene where Shep and Elizabeth are running and she falls so he stops to help her up.

It's an interesting read. There's stuff in there I had forgotten about. I wish they hadn't changed the walk & talk with Ronon and Teyla. Teyla reflecting on Elizabeth as her friend would have been a great scene.

This is also one of the places where you'll find proof that Elizabeth is indeed alive . . . depending on the producer of course.
                  sigpic
                  sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                    That man drove me nuts. You got me thinking about some of the positive stuff he said about Sparky. So I went looking and found this: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...cember-8-2007/

This is the entry after This Mortal Coil aired. I remembered him saying how he loved the scene where Shep and Elizabeth are running and she falls so he stops to help her up.

It's an interesting read. There's stuff in there I had forgotten about. I wish they hadn't changed the walk & talk with Ronon and Teyla. Teyla reflecting on Elizabeth as her friend would have been a great scene.

This is also one of the places where you'll find proof that Elizabeth is indeed alive . . . depending on the producer of course.
                    Ohhhh yes, I remember that entry. I seem to recall there was another one in a similar vein posted after GitM, reiterating the "could the Replicators be lying about what really happened to Weir?" idea. And I think some of the commenters have ventured questions at other times which Mallozzi answered in a way that cast even more doubt onto the "Weir is dead" fire. Which is why I can't totally hate Mallozzi. At least he got this one right.

I really would've liked to see the original version of the Ronon and Teyla scene. I do think Mallozzi was a bit wrong about thinking it was basically the same as the Sheppard and Clone!Weir scene, as it would've been a nice bookend of sorts with the scene at the end of Lifeline where Ronon and Teyla are packing up the stuff in Elizabeth's office.

Comment

*runs in* New Ren!fic is here! New Ren!fic is here!

Part 1 of Husbands and Wives is online! *runs to read*

Comment

Aha! See, that's why I asked, I wasn't sure if it was just GitM or if there were any others from S5 that had gone sans commentary. In-ter-est-ing. I would've thought they'd be all hot to trot to have a commentary for a McKay-fest like The Shrine.
                        I was surprised by that too. BW would have been the logical choice. Maybe he didn't have time to do it.

Thanks for that. I had forgotten that entry also. JM had his moments, I'll give him that. And I love the way he make it clear that John did care about her. I may have to rewatch that one today when I get all my chores done.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone!

No worries, you're not really missing much. Except Vegas. And Remnants. Because who doesn't like watching Kolya whump Sheppard? And then there's always GitM as further proof that WEIR IS NOT DEAD, DAMNIT.

But yeah, other than that, not really so much in S5.
                          Those are the three episodes that always stood out to me and even in them there were still only certain parts, and you’re right about the proof that Elizabeth is still alive and there is no doubt in my mind that her being alive is something that John is thinking about a lot as well.

Oh yeah, when Niam's attempting to have eye!sex with Lizzie, John rolls his eyes behind her back. *giggles*
                          It’s funny but no matter how many times TPTB tried to write especially John with anyone else, even in the later season there was hardly any to no eye!sex scenes, and if there was it was never the same (never as long looks, or the same smile etc.)

Very true. *shudder*

As for the non-shipping, I really think it was different for each of them. Gero was oblivious. Binder did it on purpose but never told the others, so they had no clue. Mallozzi didn't like Sparky but saw how it worked well, so he wrote it in anyway (defending my honor scene, anyone?).
                          Yeah, they all defiantly had their own idea of things.

And of course the only episode of the entire season without any commentary at all is The Real World.
                          Typical.

*snort* Trio and Brainstorm are the only 2 SGA episodes I absolutely REFUSE to ever watch again. Brainstorm was the only episode I couldn't even finish.
                          Yeah, I agree with that, I never understood the point of those episodes since they really didn’t have anything to do with the rest of the seasons plots, and now not every episode have to be but since there was a lot of things missing and things that they left unfinished by the end of the show the time they defiantly could have put those episodes to better use.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          VEGAS!VEGAS!VEGAS!

There, it had to be done.

Spoiler:

All I can say is “Thank You!”

Spoiler:

*cackles madly*
                          Hmm, yupp all I can say about this as well is “Thank you!”

And isn't GitM the only episode of Season 5 without a commentary? :sheppardanime3
                          You’re kidding? Well, it wouldn’t surprise me though.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post

Thanks for clearing it up, and it’s odd that they skipped ‘The Shrine’, like Scary Kitty said I also thought that it was an obvious choice to comment on.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the link, it was a great read and very interesting, I really wish they would have kept it in like that.

Ohhhh yes, I remember that entry. I seem to recall there was another one in a similar vein posted after GitM, reiterating the "could the Replicators be lying about what really happened to Weir?" idea. And I think some of the commenters have ventured questions at other times which Mallozzi answered in a way that cast even more doubt onto the "Weir is dead" fire. Which is why I can't totally hate Mallozzi. At least he got this one right.

I really would've liked to see the original version of the Ronon and Teyla scene. I do think Mallozzi was a bit wrong about thinking it was basically the same as the Sheppard and Clone!Weir scene, as it would've been a nice bookend of sorts with the scene at the end of Lifeline where Ronon and Teyla are packing up the stuff in Elizabeth's office.
                            Mmm, I agree with that, I still don’t like what they did to the Elizabeth’s character and I understand why Torri didn’t want to come back for it, but I am glad at the same time that they didn’t kill Elizabeth of completely, it makes it easier to imagine a different ending on the show, but I dunno. I would have loved to have seen a different scene with Ronan and Teyla and the one they had written was so much more powerful then the one they had in the actual episode.

There was one part of the text that I found interesting when he mention that it really depends on which producer you ask when it comes to whether Elizabeth is really dead or not. I also noticed that he mentioned that AT was only signed on for 14 episodes which means that I still don’t get why they couldn’t have kept Elizabeth and had Carter work onboard a ship that had been sent to aid Atlantis for 14 episodes, it would have made everyone happy.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                              Thanks for the link, it was a great read and very interesting, I really wish they would have kept it in like that.

Mmm, I agree with that, I still don’t like what they did to the Elizabeth’s character and I understand why Torri didn’t want to come back for it, but I am glad at the same time that they didn’t kill Elizabeth of completely, it makes it easier to imagine a different ending on the show, but I dunno. I would have loved to have seen a different scene with Ronan and Teyla and the one they had written was so much more powerful then the one they had in the actual episode.

There was one part of the text that I found interesting when he mention that it really depends on which producer you ask when it comes to whether Elizabeth is really dead or not. I also noticed that he mentioned that AT was only signed on for 14 episodes which means that I still don’t get why they couldn’t have kept Elizabeth and had Carter work onboard a ship that had been sent to aid Atlantis for 14 episodes, it would have made everyone happy.
                              I'm thinking since they had the Ronon/Teyla scene when they were packing up her things that they didn't want to have another emotional scene with them because the Spanky shippers would get too excited. In Critical Mass there was supposedly a scene where Teyla gave Carson a hug for helping with Charin that was cut for that reason. After the Sparky hug, they got a bit paranoid. Yet when they did try to show a connection through a hug, Doppelganger and SOW for example, it lands like a lead balloon.

They could easily have kept Elizabeth, but they were playing with their shiny new Carter doll and forgot about her. I guess AT got the last laugh on that one.
                              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I was surprised by that too. BW would have been the logical choice. Maybe he didn't have time to do it.
                                That may well be what happened. Supposedly he was doing some early work for SGU, so that makes sense.

Thanks for that. I had forgotten that entry also. JM had his moments, I'll give him that. And I love the way he make it clear that John did care about her. I may have to rewatch that one today when I get all my chores done.
                                *cackles* Canon, baby.

It’s funny but no matter how many times TPTB tried to write especially John with anyone else, even in the later season there was hardly any to no eye!sex scenes, and if there was it was never the same (never as long looks, or the same smile etc.)
                                No soft voice of concern only for her. *shivers*

Yeah, I agree with that, I never understood the point of those episodes since they really didn’t have anything to do with the rest of the seasons plots, and now not every episode have to be but since there was a lot of things missing and things that they left unfinished by the end of the show the time they defiantly could have put those episodes to better use.
                                Indeed. Torri's whole point when she declined to do GitM was that TPTW didn't have any kind of plan for where they were going with the story beyond GitM; they had a few ideas, but nothing concrete, no endgame. Maybe if they had been committed from the beginning to doing 2 or 3 more episodes in S5 and set aside the slots that were given to Brainstorm and Identity, they could have had a solid, workable plan to address the storyline that Torri would have been happy to say yes to. Hindsight, 20/20.

I'm thinking since they had the Ronon/Teyla scene when they were packing up her things that they didn't want to have another emotional scene with them because the Spanky shippers would get too excited. In Critical Mass there was supposedly a scene where Teyla gave Carson a hug for helping with Charin that was cut for that reason. After the Sparky hug, they got a bit paranoid. Yet when they did try to show a connection through a hug, Doppelganger and SOW for example, it lands like a lead balloon.
                                *snorts* You mean sank like the Titanic, right?

They could easily have kept Elizabeth, but they were playing with their shiny new Carter doll and forgot about her. I guess AT got the last laugh on that one.
                                Heh, indeed. I get the feeling AT was much happier with her career after she went on to Sanctuary full-time.

Comment

Working...
                                X