No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ordered tickets to Fridays premiere of ‘The Avengers’, I’m so exited, I’ve been waiting for what feels like forever.

I'm also exited that I got my computer back today, now I just hope that it will work as it should from now on.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    It's another Monday morning at Bridge Studios and the SGA writers are meeting.

Executive Producer: Okay, it's happened again. Last week's episode had a lot of deluded fans online talking about Sparky. Who keeps writing this stuff?

Writer #1: Not me. All I wrote was that they looked at each other.

EP: Well, evidently they looked a little too long. Why did they even need to do that?

W #1: It was a tense moment. The Wraith were coming. I thought they should acknowledge how screwed they were.

EP: Next time have them look out the window or at McKay, anywhere but each other. Now who keeps having him sit on her desk?

Writers look around and point fingers.

EP: Just stop it! Do I make myself clear?

Writer #2: *clears throat and mumbles* Joe and Torri are to blame.

EP: Excuse me, speak up, I didn't quite catch that.

W #2: I said it's the actors. They just have too much chemistry.

EP: Oh that, well I have repeatedly told Flanigan to tone it down. But you know how he is.

*mumbling all around*

Well, you get the idea. It might have gone just that way.

Haha, yeah I can imagine that it went something like that.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    And let's not forget some of the other things they did with John and Elizabeth in later episodes. Like having John agree to host Thalan, thinking that Thalan and Phoebus were husband and wife. Talk about being obvious!
    Or ‘the siege pt 2 and 3’ with scenes like when John goes of with the bomb or when he is on the daedalus and can’t make contact with Atlantis and the look on his face when he hear her voice, and then of course the whole hug scene. And then in ‘Echoes’ when it wasn’t until Elizabeth got sick and passed out that he even attempted to do something about what was happening…or something like that, either way that episode was so Sparky it wasn’t even funny and then there was “Progeny” when John’s eyes wouldn’t move of her, especially when she was near Niam, and it wasn’t even a look of a military commander watching over one of his people, it defiantly looked like more then that, you can see it here:
    Spoiler:

and then there was the end scene when he saved her. Then that was followed by TRW, my point like yours is there were too many obvious things that happened to just say that Sparky wasn’t even a bit real.
    Last edited by Brie; 23 April 2012, 11:33 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      and cheats by way of rewatching the show...

*runs and hides*
      *snorts* At least we're staying on topic with Sparky and SGA in general with the post-a-thons.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
      Or ‘the siege pt 2 and 3’ with scenes like when John goes of with the bomb or when he is on the daedalus and can’t make contact with Atlantis and the look on his face when he hear her voice, and then of course the whole hug scene. And then in ‘Echoes’ when it wasn’t until Elizabeth got sick and passed out that he even attempted to do something about what was happening…or something like that, either way that episode was so Sparky it wasn’t even funny and then there was “Progeny” when John’s eyes wouldn’t move of her, especially when she was near Niam, and it wasn’t even a look of a military commander watching over one of his people, it defiantly looked like more then that, you can see it here:

and then there was the end scene when he saved her. Then that was followed by TRW, my point like yours is there were too many obvious things that happened to just say that Sparky wasn’t even a bit real.
      Exactly! There's just too much going on in too many episodes to say that there's nothing there at all. And there's only so much that can be explained away as acting choices made on set. Some of this was in the scripts. TPTW wrote Sparky, whether they admit to it or not. We've so got them figured out.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Just ordered tickets to Fridays premiere of ‘The Avengers’, I’m so exited, I’ve been waiting for what feels like forever.

I'm also exited that I got my computer back today, now I just hope that it will work as it should from now on.

Haha, yeah I can imagine that it went something like that.

I love that shot of John. It's not one we see a lot. But look, it's almost a woobie face. Have you seen that much concern from him too many times about anyone else? Well maybe one of the times Rodney is dying. LOL
        Last edited by Rosehawk; 24 April 2012, 06:26 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*snorts* At least we're staying on topic with Sparky and SGA in general with the post-a-thons.

Exactly! There's just too much going on in too many episodes to say that there's nothing there at all. And there's only so much that can be explained away as acting choices made on set. Some of this was in the scripts. TPTW wrote Sparky, whether they admit to it or not. We've so got them figured out.
          That we do, and love those smilies.

I love that shot of John. It's not one we see a lot. But look, it's almost a woobie face. Have you seen that much concern from him too many times about anyone else? Well maybe one of the times Rodney is dying. LOL
          I know right, and not only that but it was also a scene when he is looking at Elizabeth with another man.

Granted he was a replicator and turned out not a very good man but still, at the time they didn’t know that.
          sigpic

Comment

Oh, and to add, he had a similar facial expression in 'Irresistible’ when he sees Elizabeth with Lucius for the first time, and then his reaction when he tells John that Elizabeth is away making him a sandwich.
            sigpic

Comment

I know right, and not only that but it was also a scene when he is looking at Elizabeth with another man.

http://i43.tinypic.com/fvjq82.jpg

Granted he was a replicator and turned out not a very good man but still, at the time they didn’t know that.
              Well, Niam was a good guy... until Oberoth scrambled his brains like an egg and turned him evil.

Oh, and to add, he had a similar facial expression in 'Irresistible’ when he sees Elizabeth with Lucius for the first time, and then his reaction when he tells John that Elizabeth is away making him a sandwich.
              Yup. John is jealous, pure and simple. Pretty boy doesn't like it when his Lizzeh is looking at another man.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

On the other hand, there are still enough people to watch along with the post-a-thon so that counts for something too, I guess...

And you guys seemed to have totally missed passing another milestone -> 119,000 posts celebrating the most awesome couple in the history of Stargate!

Spoiler:

Couldn't resist mate...

Spoiler:
                Anyways, here you go... all fixed...
                Spoiler:

*hears Kate's voice in the distance*

Uh oh...

Spoiler:

Here's to many more posts!
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

sigpic
                  My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                  poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                    http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/normal_atl_312_1605.jpg
                    I told you not to drink so much of that Athosian wine, but if it means I get to carry you in my arms, it will be worth it.

And woo hoo! on 119,000 posts!!!
                    Last edited by Rosehawk; 24 April 2012, 06:24 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

And let's not forget some of the other things they did with John and Elizabeth in later episodes. Like having John agree to host Thalan, thinking that Thalan and Phoebus were husband and wife. Talk about being obvious!
                      Obvious, thy name is Sparky. Heh.

Congrats on the promotion! And I hope you have a good day and that cold gets licked real soon!
                      Thanks! Morning was good, afternoon, not so much. But feeling much better tonight. Probably cause I'm watching new episode of "Eureka".

That would've been nice to see.
                      Spoiler:
                      Hmm, maybe we could put a scene like that into Atlantis Rising once Elizabeth returns...
                      DO. IT.

*dies laughing* gateraid better watch out, he's got another rival for the title of Best Smutty Snark!

and cheats by way of rewatching the show...

*runs and hides*

Ooh, I love that picture. *shivers*

All I have to say in regards to this post is: Look! John and Elizabeth are using sign language! *cackles*

I told you not to drink so much of that Athosian wine, but if it means I get to carry you in my arms, it will be worth it.

And woo hoo! on 119,000 posts!!!
                      PAR-TAY!!!

Comment

Huzzah for 119,000 posts! On to THE BIG 120,000!!!

On the other hand, there are still enough people to watch along with the post-a-thon so that counts for something too, I guess...
                        You betcha!

And you guys seemed to have totally missed passing another milestone -> 119,000 posts celebrating the most awesome couple in the history of Stargate!

Spoiler:
                        http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...ft/gift136.jpg

Couldn't resist mate...

Spoiler:
                        Anyways, here you go... all fixed...
                        Spoiler:
                        http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...-2x04_1900.jpg

*hears Kate's voice in the distance*

Uh oh...

Spoiler:
                        You are slaying me!

And... Deliberate repost because it's the 'Epic Carry to the Infirmary' money shot again!

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                        http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/normal_atl_312_1605.jpg
                        I NEVER get tired of watching that scene. NEVER EVER. Gods help us when we get to "Echoes" on the post-a-thon, because as soon as we're done, I swear I'm gonna be rewinding my Blu-ray to watch that scene over and over again.

LOL! Lizzeh apparently can't hold her Ruus wine.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                        DO. IT.
                        *salutes*

All I have to say in regards to this post is: Look! John and Elizabeth are using sign language! *cackles*
                        Last edited by Rosehawk; 24 April 2012, 06:24 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags

Comment

Oh, and FH???

I forgot to mention. That post was evil.

Time to hit the sack. Pleasant dreams, everybody!!!

*thud*

Comment

Oh, and FH???

I forgot to mention. That post was evil.

Time to hit the sack. Pleasant dreams, everybody!!!

*thud*
                            Nighty-night, ShipperWriter, and pleasant Sparky dreams!

Comment

I always found that interesting too. If they had no plans for shipping Elizabeth with anyone, leaving her with Simon would have taken care of the situation. But not only did they break her and Simon up, they had the flirty coffee scenes with John and seemed to connect her with John at every opportunity in The Intruder. That seemed like an obvious attempt to connect them in the viewer's mind.
                              Why in the name of all that is holy would they write one of the flirtiest scenes in the entire show between any two characters and then claim they are not being shipped.

In all honesty I might have not minded Elizabeth staying with Simon if it weren't for all the chemirsty Joe and Torri had on screen. And the fact every time I see Garwin Sanford, I always think of the whack job he played in an episode of Highlander: The Series.
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                                Why in the name of all that is holy would they write one of the flirtiest scenes in the entire show between any two characters and then claim they are not being shipped.
                                Because TPTW are masochists, I guess. They obviously seem to like it whenever we start threatening to tar and feather them for the boneheaded things they do.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                                In all honesty I might have not minded Elizabeth staying with Simon if it weren't for all the chemirsty Joe and Torri had on screen. And the fact every time I see Garwin Sanford, I always think of the whack job he played in an episode of Highlander: The Series.
                                *cracks up*

Comment

Working...
                                X