Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Oh they could have done a lot of things with his character. You'd never know he was the star. But I always thought it was great that the very next episode begins with him giving a present to Elizabeth. Sort of an apology for being so stupid maybe? Who knows? But we can imagine it.
    Yeah, it's a good way to say "Sorry I was acting like an irrational lovestruck teenage boy, and I wanted to make it up to you, so I hacked into the system and found out today was your birthday, and Teyla was more than happy to help," and cue the puppy eyes.

John and Elizabeth say so much while saying so little.

It also seems like maybe with his total infatuation with Chaya they were saying that John is free for the taking and had changed their minds about shipping him with Teyla or anybody else by that time. Otherwise, why have that scene with the two of them when she doesn't seem to care if he's going on a picnic with Chaya.
    Yep, Teyla seemed like she was encouraging it. Veeeeeery interesting.

Well, off to hopefully get a good night's sleep. Night, everybody, see y'all tomorrow!

Comment

Good night, ShipperWriter! Pleasant Sparky Dreams!

Oh they could have done a lot of things with his character. You'd never know he was the star. But I always thought it was great that the very next episode begins with him giving a present to Elizabeth. Sort of an apology for being so stupid maybe? Who knows? But we can imagine it.
      Both in Sanctuary and Hot Zone before that. Good thing Elizabeth likes pottery, eh? *pets The Jar*

It also seems like maybe with his total infatuation with Chaya they were saying that John is free for the taking and had changed their minds about shipping him with Teyla or anybody else by that time. Otherwise, why have that scene with the two of them when she doesn't seem to care if he's going on a picnic with Chaya.
      Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      Yep, Teyla seemed like she was encouraging it. Veeeeeery interesting.
      I know, right? Teyla was totally laughing her ass off at John! Would she really do that if she was actually interested in him? I think not. As for Elizabeth, well, technically, she was still with Simon (even though he was a galaxy away), so she wasn't free for the taking. Yet. But isn't it interesting that the first thing they do once they get Atlantis reconnected with Earth and The Siege cleared out of the way, they officially break up Elizabeth and Simon? How very telling.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        I know, right? Teyla was totally laughing her ass off at John! Would she really do that if she was actually interested in him? I think not. As for Elizabeth, well, technically, she was still with Simon (even though he was a galaxy away), so she wasn't free for the taking. Yet. But isn't it interesting that the first thing they do once they get Atlantis reconnected with Earth and The Siege cleared out of the way, they officially break up Elizabeth and Simon? How very telling.
        Really makes me wonder if anything was thought out all that far in advance.
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
          They supposedly mapped out Season 1, but beyond that, it looks more like they just threw stuff up on the wall to see what stuck. And then went with the stuff that didn't stick. Makes me wonder about a whole lot of things...
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

They supposedly mapped out Season 1, but beyond that, it looks more like they just threw stuff up on the wall to see what stuck. And then went with the stuff that didn't stick. Makes me wonder about a whole lot of things...
            You, me and most likely everybody else here.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good night, ShipperWriter! Pleasant Sparky Dreams!

Both in Sanctuary and Hot Zone before that. Good thing Elizabeth likes pottery, eh? *pets The Jar*

I always found that interesting too. If they had no plans for shipping Elizabeth with anyone, leaving her with Simon would have taken care of the situation. But not only did they break her and Simon up, they had the flirty coffee scenes with John and seemed to connect her with John at every opportunity in The Intruder. That seemed like an obvious attempt to connect them in the viewer's mind.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
              Or at all.

You said it. Backwards thinking at its best. Or worst.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Morning, everybody!

DayQuil is keeping me lucid and fairly healthy during work today. No computer with me, though, so any Sparky fic is gonna hafta wait til I get home. And collapse.

Hope everybody has a good day!

EDIT: And I'm a Major now. I think that just happened.

Comment

Morning, everybody!

DayQuil is keeping me lucid and fairly healthy during work today. No computer with me, though, so any Sparky fic is gonna hafta wait til I get home. And collapse.

Woo hoo! Promotion! Have a good day at work if possible.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone!

Yeah, it's a good way to say "Sorry I was acting like an irrational lovestruck teenage boy, and I wanted to make it up to you, so I hacked into the system and found out today was your birthday, and Teyla was more than happy to help," and cue the puppy eyes.

John and Elizabeth say so much while saying so little.
                    Haha, yupp, gotta love the jar, it was obvious that Elizabeth really appreciated (John knew her at that point as well as she knew him) the gift since she kept it right there on her desk for everyone to see (it was funny how she packed it away when she returned to earth and then when they returned to Atlantis it was right back on her desk). The only thing I would have loved to have seen would have been John acknowledging it at least during one of the times he was in her office, either when he was sitting on her desk or when he sat in one of the chairs.

You’re not the only one that wonders about a lot of things, I guess that was one of the negative stuff about having so many different writers and what appears to be no communication between them, or at least many different writers who all wanted different things.

I have to admit that it’s really easy to forget about Simon sometimes, but yeah, I agree with what you wrote, though I was glad that everything was how it was supposed to be (no matter what TPTB had in mind).

I always found that interesting too. If they had no plans for shipping Elizabeth with anyone, leaving her with Simon would have taken care of the situation. But not only did they break her and Simon up, they had the flirty coffee scenes with John and seemed to connect her with John at every opportunity in The Intruder. That seemed like an obvious attempt to connect them in the viewer's mind.
                    Yeah, and I think we all have seen how well Joe and Torri work together and that helps those scenes a lot they didn’t write those scenes so one can’t help but wonder what was going through the writers mind when they kept writing one Sparky scene after another.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                      Hello everyone!

Haha, yupp, gotta love the jar, it was obvious that Elizabeth really appreciated (John knew her at that point as well as she knew him) the gift since she kept it right there on her desk for everyone to see (it was funny how she packed it away when she returned to earth and then when they returned to Atlantis it was right back on her desk). The only thing I would have loved to have seen would have been John acknowledging it at least during one of the times he was in her office, either when he was sitting on her desk or when he sat in one of the chairs.

You’re not the only one that wonders about a lot of things, I guess that was one of the negative stuff about having so many different writers and what appears to be no communication between them, or at least many different writers who all wanted different things.

I have to admit that it’s really easy to forget about Simon sometimes, but yeah, I agree with what you wrote, though I was glad that everything was how it was supposed to be (no matter what TPTB had in mind).

Yeah, and I think we all have seen how well Joe and Torri work together and that helps those scenes a lot they didn’t write those scenes so one can’t help but wonder what was going through the writers mind when they kept writing one Sparky scene after another.
                      It's another Monday morning at Bridge Studios and the SGA writers are meeting.

Executive Producer: Okay, it's happened again. Last week's episode had a lot of deluded fans online talking about Sparky. Who keeps writing this stuff?

Writer #1: Not me. All I wrote was that they looked at each other.

EP: Well, evidently they looked a little too long. Why did they even need to do that?

W #1: It was a tense moment. The Wraith were coming. I thought they should acknowledge how screwed they were.

EP: Next time have them look out the window or at McKay, anywhere but each other. Now who keeps having him sit on her desk?

Writers look around and point fingers.

EP: Just stop it! Do I make myself clear?

Writer #2: *clears throat and mumbles* Joe and Torri are to blame.

EP: Excuse me, speak up, I didn't quite catch that.

W #2: I said it's the actors. They just have too much chemistry.

EP: Oh that, well I have repeatedly told Flanigan to tone it down. But you know how he is.

*mumbling all around*

Well, you get the idea. It might have gone just that way.
                      sigpic

Comment

Executive Producer: Okay, it's happened again. Last week's episode had a lot of deluded fans online talking about Sparky. Who keeps writing this stuff?

EP: Well, evidently they looked a little too long. Why did they even need to do that?

W #1: It was a tense moment. The Wraith were coming. I thought they should acknowledge how screwed they were.

EP: Next time have them look out the window or at McKay, anywhere but each other. Now who keeps having him sit on her desk?

EP: Oh that, well I have repeatedly told Flanigan to tone it down. But you know how he is.

*mumbling all around*

They were screwing, all right.

Oh, you said screwed. *jumps into gutter a day early*

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

And let's not forget some of the other things they did with John and Elizabeth in later episodes. Like having John agree to host Thalan, thinking that Thalan and Phoebus were husband and wife. Talk about being obvious!

Morning, everybody!

Congrats on the promotion! And I hope you have a good day and that cold gets licked real soon!

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                          That would've been nice to see.
                          Spoiler:
                          Hmm, maybe we could put a scene like that into Atlantis Rising once Elizabeth returns...

*mumbling all around*

OMG.

They were screwing, all right.

Oh, you said screwed. *jumps into gutter a day early*
                          *dies laughing* gateraid better watch out, he's got another rival for the title of Best Smutty Snark!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

And let's not forget some of the other things they did with John and Elizabeth in later episodes. Like having John agree to host Thalan, thinking that Thalan and Phoebus were husband and wife. Talk about being obvious!

Congrats on the promotion! And I hope you have a good day and that cold gets licked real soon!

That would've been nice to see.
                            Spoiler:
                            Hmm, maybe we could put a scene like that into Atlantis Rising once Elizabeth returns...

OMG.

*dies laughing* gateraid better watch out, he's got another rival for the title of Best Smutty Snark!
                            I am going to ignore the fact that you said "licked". I was thinking about ice cream, so don't get all excited.

Looks like we are getting close to another big number.
                            sigpic

Comment

I am going to ignore the fact that you said "licked". I was thinking about ice cream, so don't get all excited.
                              Aw, shucks.

Looks like we are getting close to another big number.
                              Just goes to show all the naysayers: Sparky Rocks!

Comment

Just goes to show all the naysayers: Sparky Rocks!
                                and cheats by way of rewatching the show...

*runs and hides*
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X