Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkyville!

Not in the mood to quote on my phone, so I'll be brief.

I don't mind not being a beta reader. If I read them ahead of time, I'd probably squee my brains out and be an incoherent blob of goo, rendering me unable to help anyway.

I'm sure John could have found a way to do the door/water prank. He is Mensa material, after all!

Hoping to be here later for "The Eye". Laterz!
    Last edited by ShipperWriter; 01 April 2012, 11:46 AM. Reason: Geez, 23 and still can't spell ...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      So, it's April Fool's Day today (for me anyway - 10 minutes in to be exact) ... anyone up for a prank-fic?

I think I wrote one... once... *ponders*

And I did... well, a prank gone wrong in 2008 so let me refresh your memories.

John has a confession to make... It's Sparky for anyone wondering (for all those newbies out here), but it's not exclusively John and Elizabeth. There's Kate too...

Spoiler:
      He stood outside her doors hopping from one foot to the other. He had never felt this nervous before. Well, maybe once before; when he was about to ask Nancy to marry him. But it was possible he was now even more nervous than he was then. He knew what he was about to do wasn’t going to be easy and thus he had practiced in his quarters. The only thing, however, he couldn’t practice for was her reaction, which he hoped would stay within the limits of normal. And, if remotely possible, would be without too many consequences for him.

Holding his breath he waved his hand in front of the lock, hearing the chime ring through the room. He counted down from ten. When he reached five the doors opened before him. He couldn’t help but whistle a little as he noticed the black eye. Oh, he was a dead man. She’d write him up for an evaluation after this one, there was no doubt about it.

“Colonel.” Her voice was sharp, so different from her otherwise calm and comforting tone. He winced involuntarily.

“Can I come in?” He really didn’t want to do this in front of everyone.

“No.” Ouch, razor sharp.

“Okay...” He nodded, taking a deep breath. If only his stupid little prank meant for none other than McKay hadn’t gone way south. “It was me.” He said it in one breath, seizing up her reaction. To his surprise she laughed. He blinked, utterly confused, and briefly wondered if she hadn’t heard him clearly enough. “It was me who set up the ground works for the prank.”

“I told you he would come out and confess.” John frowned at the other voice behind the doorway. His jaw dropped as Elizabeth stepped up next to Kate. “It’s unbelievable what the threat of no sex can do to a man’s mind.” She winked at Kate who laughed even harder, tears rolling down her face as she hiccupped to the end. John grumbled and then pouted. They had set him up to do this and Kate had known all along. “Come on now, pouty face. Your reward is waiting.” Elizabeth stepped outside with a grin and dragged her Colonel off to her own quarters, leaving Kate to attend to her eye.
      Oh I love this... guessing if the prank was originally for (my poor) Rodney it had to food based - possible an exploding doughnut??? (well that's my thoughts on the matter anyway )
      sigpic
      Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Some Sparky Art for today

sigpic

Comment

Since my computer still doesn't work I won't be here later on for 'the eye' as I hoped but I do hope that you'll have fun watching it.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          So, it's April Fool's Day today (for me anyway - 10 minutes in to be exact) ... anyone up for a prank-fic?

I think I wrote one... once... *ponders*

And I did... well, a prank gone wrong in 2008 so let me refresh your memories.

John has a confession to make... It's Sparky for anyone wondering (for all those newbies out here), but it's not exclusively John and Elizabeth. There's Kate too...

Spoiler:
          He stood outside her doors hopping from one foot to the other. He had never felt this nervous before. Well, maybe once before; when he was about to ask Nancy to marry him. But it was possible he was now even more nervous than he was then. He knew what he was about to do wasn’t going to be easy and thus he had practiced in his quarters. The only thing, however, he couldn’t practice for was her reaction, which he hoped would stay within the limits of normal. And, if remotely possible, would be without too many consequences for him.

Holding his breath he waved his hand in front of the lock, hearing the chime ring through the room. He counted down from ten. When he reached five the doors opened before him. He couldn’t help but whistle a little as he noticed the black eye. Oh, he was a dead man. She’d write him up for an evaluation after this one, there was no doubt about it.

“Colonel.” Her voice was sharp, so different from her otherwise calm and comforting tone. He winced involuntarily.

“Can I come in?” He really didn’t want to do this in front of everyone.

“No.” Ouch, razor sharp.

“Okay...” He nodded, taking a deep breath. If only his stupid little prank meant for none other than McKay hadn’t gone way south. “It was me.” He said it in one breath, seizing up her reaction. To his surprise she laughed. He blinked, utterly confused, and briefly wondered if she hadn’t heard him clearly enough. “It was me who set up the ground works for the prank.”

“I told you he would come out and confess.” John frowned at the other voice behind the doorway. His jaw dropped as Elizabeth stepped up next to Kate. “It’s unbelievable what the threat of no sex can do to a man’s mind.” She winked at Kate who laughed even harder, tears rolling down her face as she hiccupped to the end. John grumbled and then pouted. They had set him up to do this and Kate had known all along. “Come on now, pouty face. Your reward is waiting.” Elizabeth stepped outside with a grin and dragged her Colonel off to her own quarters, leaving Kate to attend to her eye.
          That was great and really funny.

---

I think maybe it woulöd have worked better if maybe they would have had Jennifer come in as maybe a doctor in training sort of thing, maybe she could been there as a student of Carson's since they are in another galaxy and I don't think having more then one doctor would be such a bad thing, and I also think it would have given the character more time to grow then just being thrown right into it, espcially since it was pretty obvious that she was no where jnear ready for it.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
            Oh I love this... guessing if the prank was originally for (my poor) Rodney it had to food based - possible an exploding doughnut??? (well that's my thoughts on the matter anyway )
            LOL!!

A pie in the face could work... with a few hard bits in there a black eye wouldn't be too far fetched, unless she tripped and hit something on the way down.... oh... yikes... this I have to write...

Originally posted by Brie View Post
            That was great and really funny.
            Thanks
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and April Fool's Day!

No fools here, though... S-minus 4 hours and 25 minutes to The Eye post-a-thon!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
              *cough*they should have done a two parter, or mini-series*cough*
              Mini-series. Definitely a mini-series.

If he didn't deliberately bait fans, he wouldn't have been all bad. I don't agree with all of his positions on characters and stories, but everyone has different tastes, and I still think he is a good writer (not my favourite, but not bad) even if he and his mates gave up on a few characters too early (Carson, Elizabeth, Kate)
              I know what you mean. Take Whispers, for example. The all-girl team idea was ridiculous and I hated how M&M made Sheppard look like a complete idiot around them, but the rest of the episode with the backstory on Michael's hybrid monsters and those monsters on the loose terrorizing the team was great stuff.

Well, I add my usual snark to the reviews. I figure it's what they pay me for That, and I'm apparently the new keeper of the "How come....?" room
              Hey, someone's got to do it. It helps us to strengthen the stories.

Speaking as a gen fan (I'd like to think that's what I am, I'm not really sure) timelines don't bother me unless they're completely frakked up. Whether a week has passed or a month isn't an issue for me, so long as it makes sense in relation to the events at the time. After all, we're only seeing the highlights of their year, they're not going to be at regular intervals. But I guess it does become important when they're tying another show into it, as well as real world events.
              True fax. I'm putting the darn thing aside for the weekend and sleeping on it.

Hey, that means you can be totally objective when you read them. In all that reading, I think I've only had two useful contributions.
              Oh, you hush! Every bit helps, don't sell yourself short.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Uhhh...well...if everyone could read them ahead of time, we'd have no audience for the website. Yeah, that's my reason and I'm sticking with it.

Oh, that is lovely! Thank you for sharing!

I think maybe it woulöd have worked better if maybe they would have had Jennifer come in as maybe a doctor in training sort of thing, maybe she could been there as a student of Carson's since they are in another galaxy and I don't think having more then one doctor would be such a bad thing, and I also think it would have given the character more time to grow then just being thrown right into it, espcially since it was pretty obvious that she was no where jnear ready for it.
              *nods* I think a lot of us would've had an easier time accepting Keller if she'd been introduced as a minor character in an earlier episode, so that her elevation to chief of medicine after Carson's death wouldn't have seemed like such a shock.

Sorry we'll miss you for the post-a-thon! *hugs Brie*
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

S-minus 2 hours and 30 minutes until The Eye!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Uhhh...well...if everyone could read them ahead of time, we'd have no audience for the website. Yeah, that's my reason and I'm sticking with it.

Yeah, yeah. I just felt like whining.

Maybe lemon pie?

Some Sparky Art for today

[]http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/OCD_32/Artwork/Sparkyd-1.jpg[/]

That's really pretty! I love the effect.

Since my computer still doesn't work I won't be here later on for 'the eye' as I hoped but I do hope that you'll have fun watching it.
                  Oh no! I'm sorry you won't be here for it. *pouts*

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Maybe lemon pie?
                    Now that's just mean!! *huggles Rodney*

That's really pretty! I love the effect.
                    Thank you I thought it work pretty well when I put it together
                    sigpic

Comment

Thank you I thought it work pretty well when I put it together
                      I love Rodney too!

Although this smilie amuses me a lot:

Comment

Well, sometimes really unexpected things happens and this was one, my grandmother let me borrow her computer, which isn't as fast as my own, but it works until I get mine fixed so now I will be here for 'The Eye', I'm really glad I didn't miss it and I'm also really glad that I can't do my school work now.
                        sigpic

Comment

Maybe lemon pie?
                          LMAO! That's perfect!

Mean, but fitting. Don't forget how Sheppard gave Mitchell a lemon to keep McKay at bay in SG-1's The Pegasus Project.

I love Rodney too!

Although this smilie amuses me a lot:
                          And there's this one...

Comment

Well, sometimes really unexpected things happens and this was one, my grandmother let me borrow her computer, which isn't as fast as my own, but it works until I get mine fixed so now I will be here for 'The Eye', I'm really glad I didn't miss it and I'm also really glad that I can't do my school work now.
                            YAAAYYYYY!!!!! *glomps Brie* I'm so happy you can be here! And your grandmother is awesome for letting you borrow her computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              And there's this one...
                              And this one....

Yay!! What a nice grandmother!

Comment

S-minus 1 hour to The Eye!

Comment

Working...
                                X