X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooo
    Originally posted by Brie View Post
    Hello everyone!

I loved that visit to comic-con, Joe and Torri were so awesome and looked great. I love love love the part when someone asks Torri about Elizabeth’s romantic relationships and Joe holds up his fingers as to tell them to wait and then he pretend (at least I think it was pretend) to kiss her, it was so unexpected, and I can just watch that part over and over again, and of course it gives you the idea that at least Joe wouldn't totally against the idea of Sparky which makes it even better.
    Wasn't that just so special? The most important thing to remember, I think is that what Joe did was in character. They asked a question about Weir, and he responded as Sheppard. I have a really short fuse when it comes to real people ship, but this is okay because it was IN CHARACTER. Unlike some of the embarrassing stuff we see involving the actors. *shudders*
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Ooo

Wasn't that just so special? The most important thing to remember, I think is that what Joe did was in character. They asked a question about Weir, and he responded as Sheppard. I have a really short fuse when it comes to real people ship, but this is okay because it was IN CHARACTER. Unlike some of the embarrassing stuff we see involving the actors. *shudders*
      Exactly, Joe was defiantly acting like John there. And I'm with you on real people things, I've never been a big fan of those (I can like real life couple if they are in fact a couple) but it's not the same as I can like a TV or movie couple, and if for no other reason because you don't really know them as people the way you get to know a the characters they play, and I know a lot of people have been disappointed when the actor isn't like the character they play, sometimes to the extent that it can become ridiculous (just because someone plays a superhero doesn't mean that they are a superhero in real life, even if some doesn’t seem to grasp that) so I'm sticking with on-screen couples as everyone should.
      sigpic

Comment

Ooo

Bingo! That right there shows just how in tune Joe was (and still is) with Sheppard. He gets it. It's unfortunate that some fans don't seem to understand that simple but important distinction.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

So my day is ending on a high note. The teacher of the class I'm currently in (with nothin' to do ) just installed PhotoShop on his computers. I'm trying it out as a demo. I'm in love!

I found out I can get Elements Photo & Video for about $120 with my discount. I'm considering getting it as an "investment".

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Red velvet, of course! And as long as it's sugar, it's all good.
          Since I'm actually not a big fan of red velvet, I'll continue to donate copious amounts of sugar.

Naughty girl.
          Peer pressure.

They used a MALP in Season 3's Phantoms, so I'd say that yes, they're still in regular use.
          I thought that was the only place I'd seen them. Okay, make a note to edit my story, and we're good to go! I'll pay up later. I can't green you at the moment.

My iMac must be the Minnow of computers. No, it's 5 years old and stuffed full of files. Mr. SR says it needs a clean up. A Windows machine would have given up the ghost years ago. We think some upgrade took it past the point of compatibility with a bunch of stuff. It works, but it won't play video and if I log out, I can't log back in. Gateworld is a victim of that. Otherwise, I'm good to go.
          Oh, is that all?

Comment

Ok, I think it’s worth watching a few more times, and if anyone for some reason haven’t seen it or would like to see it again (I can watch the video over and over again myself):

The question is I love how the person asks the question is like, “Caldwell?” “Michael?” “anybody?” And Joe is like “No, there is only one guy that is right for Elizabeth and that is John, I’ll show you what John would do in this situation”. I also thought that it was a really fun thing to do. Both of them were laughing a bit a afterwards, and Joe did does that thing with his neck "like yeah (John gets to do that all the time)" kind of thing and then Torri just keeps talking like it was no big deal, like John and Liz really do it all the time (you can also say that based on the reaction from the rest of the cast that it was nothing new, they are used to seeing John and Liz together like that).
            sigpic

Comment

Ok, I think it’s worth watching a few more times, and if anyone for some reason haven’t seen it or would like to see it again (I can watch the video over and over again myself):

The question is I love how the person asks the question is like, “Caldwell?” “Michael?” “anybody?” And Joe is like “No, there is only one guy that is right for Elizabeth and that is John, I’ll show you what John would do in this situation”. I also thought that it was a really fun thing to do. Both of them were laughing a bit a afterwards, and Joe did does that thing with his neck "like yeah (John gets to do that all the time)" kind of thing and then Torri just keeps talking like it was no big deal, like John and Liz really do it all the time (you can also say that based on the reaction from the rest of the cast that it was nothing new, they are used to seeing John and Liz together like that).
              Yeah baby! And Pauly yells "That's what I'm talking' bout." I'm thinking the whole cast wanted them together. Remember how Carson and Rodney reacted to the kiss in TLG?
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah baby! And Pauly yells "That's what I'm talking' bout." I'm thinking the whole cast wanted them together. Remember how Carson and Rodney reacted to the kiss in TLG?
                And how David Hewlett and his wife dressed themselves up as Sheppard and Weir (with their baby dressed as McKay) when DH was grand marshal at a 4th of July parade somewhere up in Washington State one year? You betcha the cast totally wanted Sheppard and Weir together.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well, we all know that they are the perfect match, similar in some way and different in others.
                  And I loved their reaction to the kiss, Carson was really shocked, but not in a bad way, but more in the 'wow' way, and Rodney does this “hu” expression and it really looks like “finally, it was about time” is running through his head in that scene.
                  sigpic

Comment

And how David Hewlett and his wife dressed themselves up as Sheppard and Weir (with their baby dressed as McKay) when DH was grand marshal at a 4th of July parade somewhere up in Washington State one year? You betcha the cast totally wanted Sheppard and Weir together.
                    They did, where did you see that? And that is so cool, and even more proof.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      It wasn't that far off from what John recommends. It was a virtual version of his method--delete all files, reload old backups, pray that it works or...

Anyways, it's back up for now. We can't guarantee there won't be any more issues but we know the cause and what appeared to cause it in the first place so we can hopefully head stuff off in the future.
                      Just tried to visit sgarising and got a malcious website warning after about two seconds.
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Well, we all know that they are the perfect match, similar in some way and different in others.
                        And I loved their reaction to the kiss, Carson was really shocked, but not in a bad way, but more in the 'wow' way, and Rodney does this “hu” expression and it really looks like “finally, it was about time” is running through his head in that scene.
                        Funny, that's exactly how I read that scene. Sparky minds think alike I guess.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

They did, where did you see that? And that is so cool, and even more proof.
                          It gets better. There are pictures.

http://awesomehewletts.livejournal.com/135482.html

http://mercury973.livejournal.com/143848.html

http://hipapheralkus.livejournal.com/128208.html

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                          Just tried to visit sgarising and got a malcious website warning after about two seconds.
                          Crap. I actually tried checking it out a few minutes ago and got a weird redirect to Ustream. (which is totally a legit site, but WTF?)

Comment

Oh awesome, that was so cool, thanks for that. And they both looked great and their son is so cute.
                            sigpic

Comment

It gets better. There are pictures.

http://awesomehewletts.livejournal.com/135482.html

http://mercury973.livejournal.com/143848.html

http://hipapheralkus.livejournal.com/128208.html

Crap. I actually tried checking it out a few minutes ago and got a weird redirect to Ustream. (which is totally a legit site, but WTF?)
                              It's working fine for me on the iPad. I'll check the desk top......yep, there too.
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh awesome, that was so cool, thanks for that. And they both looked great and their son is so cute.
                                *salutes*

It's working fine for me on the iPad. I'll check the desk top......yep, there too.
                                Yeah, it's working fine for me now as well. How very odd.

Comment

Working...
                                X