Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I GOT THE PLACE I WAS APPLYING FOR!!

Signing the lease on wednesday but have to wait till april to start moving. I should celebrate this with Sparky-fic ... later...
    Whoo hoo! Congratulations! *hugs*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Deliberate repost on pic:

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      That would be Underground. And look how cute they are.

"This is kinda awkward but ... I really wanna kiss you."
      "So ... why don't you?"
      "Cause Rodney has the worst timing of anybody here, and the door won't lock. I've already tried."
      "The door to my quarters does."

Signing the lease on wednesday but have to wait till april to start moving. I should celebrate this with Sparky-fic ... later...
      Yay, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        "So ... why don't you?"
        "Cause Rodney has the worst timing of anybody here, and the door won't lock. I've already tried."
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yeah ... I needed something to cheer me up! I got a review on another fic I've been working on, where the character is pregnant due to alien interference ... and a "mom who knows" outlined everything I wrote wrong about pregnancy and it bummed me out ... so she's getting a nice little "And that's why they call it 'fiction'" note in my next chapter. Hee hee hee.

I'm snippy today. Is snippy a word?

Comment

"So ... why don't you?"
            RAWR.

Yeah ... I needed something to cheer me up! I got a review on another fic I've been working on, where the character is pregnant due to alien interference ... and a "mom who knows" outlined everything I wrote wrong about pregnancy and it bummed me out ... so she's getting a nice little "And that's why they call it 'fiction'" note in my next chapter. Hee hee hee.

I'm snippy today. Is snippy a word?
            Snippy is totally a word. Especially for irritating little know-it-all brats like that reviewer. Radek says thumbs-down for them!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              RAWR.

Snippy is totally a word. Especially for irritating little know-it-all brats like that reviewer. Radek says thumbs-down for them!
              I knew I always liked Radek.

So in the English class I interpret, they're currently reading "Catcher in the Rye". It's my first time, and in a joking manner, I suggested that for fun, I would write an essay comparing Huck Finn to Holden Caulfield. She took it seriously. LOL

But it made me think: since it's pretty much a curriculum standard, how do you think John and/or Elizabeth would've responded to the book? It's supposed to be the basis of teenage rebellion, so I would be inclined to think that John would've embraced that book, even if was just to spite his father. Considering how different I imagine their upbringings were, they would've had extremely different opinions on the book.

Just wonderin ...

Yep. I'm bored.

Comment

So nine months since my last update, I finally finished the penultimate chapter for "Everybody's Fine". It may take a few minutes to appear ...

And here's the easy version to read:
                Spoiler:
                "Everybody's Fine" Ch 13

*takes place during "EatG"*

From her vulnerable position in the hospital bed, Elizabeth felt a slight shudder as they City -- her City -- dropped out of hyperspace. She could imagine Carson sitting down in the Chair room, breathing heavily as his eyes stayed firmly shut, channeling every ounce of concentration towards guiding the City to safety.

Even though it was a futile gesture, she kept a protective hand on her belly, wanting to shield him from any danger. The contractions were increasing, both in frequency and pain, but she kept her breathing as quiet as she could, not wanting to alert Jennifer. She had enough on her plate at the moment.

Her plan was working rather well until Marie walked in, carrying her tablet and a cup of water for Elizabeth.

The caring yet rebellious nature of her husband's son came out. Almost as if to say, "You're not going to get away with this," another wave of pain, more intense this time, swept through her. Gritting her teeth was of no use; the head nurse threw a glance her way as Elizabeth moaned. Her eyes widened in concern as she rushed to her bedside, checking the vitals for both mother and baby.

Marie called out for Jennifer, who promptly dropped what she was doing and ran into the room. "Another contraction?" she asked while she took a seat at the end of the hospital bed.

Elizabeth tried to compose an answer, but between the labor pains abs the gasping for air, she couldn't bring the words to he lips. Instead, she looked desperately at Keller, nodding vigorously. "I wanna push," she finally mumbled, staring at Keller over her swollen belly.

Jennifer's brown eyes widened, looking up to meet Elizabeth's frantic green ones. "You're almost there, but not yet. Why didn't you tell me your contractions were getting worse?"

She moaned, slumping against her pillow as the contraction faded. "Didn't want to worry you," she replied simply.

Jennifer fixed her with a stern yet empathetic gaze. "Elizabeth," she told her, coming to stand next to the pregnant woman, "I took an oath to protect you. Not my doctor's oath; Carson and I both promised John that we would protect you, no matter what. Right now, my only priority is you. I need you to work with me," she pleaded, grasping her hand.

Shamefully, Elizabeth hung her head. "I can't do this, Jennifer."

Jennifer smirked, obviously something that she had picked up from Rodney. "I hate to break it to you, but it's about thirty eight weeks too late for that."

Elizabeth shook her head, her brown curls seeming to be caught in an invisible storm. "That's not what I mean."

The doctor pursed her lips. "I'm not following you."

"I'm having a baby, my City is in danger, and God only knows if John is all right. I can't handle this!" she shouted, expecting the doctor to be disturbed by her outburst.

She wasn't fazed; instead, she offered another smile to the fretting woman. "So let it out."

"What?"

"Let it out," she repeated, crossing her arms. "Yell at me, curse, throw something, just get all of this stress out of your system. If you're a nervous wreck, imagine how Junior is feeling right now."

The monitor next to Elizabeth started beeping loudly.

Her eyes went wide with fear. "What is that? What's wrong?"

"Fetal heart rate is down," Marie responded frankly, glancing hurriedly at Keller.

Without missing a beat, the doctor took off her jacket. "Okay, I'm inducing. Elizabeth?"

"Uh huh?" she replied, groaning uncertainly as Jennifer and Marie put on scrubs.

Jennifer smiled wryly at her. "You ready to push?"

A wave of panic swept over her. "No," she replied weakly.

The young yet capable doctor walked to her bedside and injected something into her IV line. She disposed of the needle, then grasped Elizabeth's hand. "You will be. All right, let's get this show on the road."

-=-=-=-=-=-

The last few hours had been the longest of his life.

The powers that be had forced him to leave his pregnant wife, the Wraith had destroyed the Chair at Area 51, and now he was pondering what amounted to a suicide mission.

Yep. He was certifiable.

Samantha Carter’s voice filtered through his comm. “Sheppard, your orders are to return to the base.”

“I’ve still got a nuke,” he reasoned as his 302 continued climbing through the atmosphere. “I’m gonna finish this mission.”

“You don’t have enough fuel. You’ll never make it to the Hive.”

“He got what he wanted. He’s gonna come to us.” He heard a muted voice on the other end, then glanced around his cockpit. “I’ve got enough fuel to establish orbit, then I’ll shut everything down except basic life support. That way, he won’t detect me till it’s too late.”

Carter sighed. “Even if that does work, given what we know about this ship, one nuke is not gonna be enough.”

“No, not from the outside. I'll wait for him to enter orbit, I'll fire up my systems, shoot my way through the Dart Bay door and fly the damned bomb right down his throat. Then I'll detonate it from the inside.”

Carter’s voice was pleading. “John, I can’t ask you to do that.”

Even though she didn’t say it, he knew what she meant. You have a wife and baby on the way. I won’t let you do that. You have a lot at stake.

John sighed as that explanation fell flat in his mind. There are seven billion people who are worth a lot more than me.

He bit his lip, them slowly exhaled as he came to peace with his choice. “Well, you’re not asking. I’m volunteering. Look, without that Chair, Earth is basically defenseless, right?”

The deafening silence on the other end confirmed it.

“Right. Commencing radio silence. Sheppard out.”

As he disconnected his comm, still heading to orbit, John spared a glanced out the window. The full sphere of Earth wasn’t visible from this position, yet he could still see the blue and green markings of his home world. He could imagine all the families on the planet, going about their every day business with no knowledge of the ship hovering above them so menacingly that could end their lives so quickly.

He shook his head, clearing the distraction from his mind. He knew that Elizabeth would understand, if not be in complete support of, his actions. The hurried discussion during the siege of Atlantis at the end of their first year sprung to mind. “I have to do this, and you know it” was all it had taken to make her unwillingly nod her head and send him away.

He wasn’t throwing his life away then -- he did it to save the other two hundred people on Atlantis. He made the offer to Carter to make sure that Elizabeth would be safe. Even if he wasn’t there.

A renegade tear made its way down his cheek, and he cursed the oxygen mask for blocking his reach.

Going to crash face first now and take a nap.

Comment

So nine months since my last update, I finally finished the penultimate chapter for "Everybody's Fine". It may take a few minutes to appear ...

And here's the easy version to read:
                  Spoiler:
                  "Everybody's Fine" Ch 13

*takes place during "EatG"*

From her vulnerable position in the hospital bed, Elizabeth felt a slight shudder as they City -- her City -- dropped out of hyperspace. She could imagine Carson sitting down in the Chair room, breathing heavily as his eyes stayed firmly shut, channeling every ounce of concentration towards guiding the City to safety.

Even though it was a futile gesture, she kept a protective hand on her belly, wanting to shield him from any danger. The contractions were increasing, both in frequency and pain, but she kept her breathing as quiet as she could, not wanting to alert Jennifer. She had enough on her plate at the moment.

Her plan was working rather well until Marie walked in, carrying her tablet and a cup of water for Elizabeth.

The caring yet rebellious nature of her husband's son came out. Almost as if to say, "You're not going to get away with this," another wave of pain, more intense this time, swept through her. Gritting her teeth was of no use; the head nurse threw a glance her way as Elizabeth moaned. Her eyes widened in concern as she rushed to her bedside, checking the vitals for both mother and baby.

Marie called out for Jennifer, who promptly dropped what she was doing and ran into the room. "Another contraction?" she asked while she took a seat at the end of the hospital bed.

Elizabeth tried to compose an answer, but between the labor pains abs the gasping for air, she couldn't bring the words to he lips. Instead, she looked desperately at Keller, nodding vigorously. "I wanna push," she finally mumbled, staring at Keller over her swollen belly.

Jennifer's brown eyes widened, looking up to meet Elizabeth's frantic green ones. "You're almost there, but not yet. Why didn't you tell me your contractions were getting worse?"

She moaned, slumping against her pillow as the contraction faded. "Didn't want to worry you," she replied simply.

Jennifer fixed her with a stern yet empathetic gaze. "Elizabeth," she told her, coming to stand next to the pregnant woman, "I took an oath to protect you. Not my doctor's oath; Carson and I both promised John that we would protect you, no matter what. Right now, my only priority is you. I need you to work with me," she pleaded, grasping her hand.

Shamefully, Elizabeth hung her head. "I can't do this, Jennifer."

Jennifer smirked, obviously something that she had picked up from Rodney. "I hate to break it to you, but it's about thirty eight weeks too late for that."

Elizabeth shook her head, her brown curls seeming to be caught in an invisible storm. "That's not what I mean."

The doctor pursed her lips. "I'm not following you."

"I'm having a baby, my City is in danger, and God only knows if John is all right. I can't handle this!" she shouted, expecting the doctor to be disturbed by her outburst.

She wasn't fazed; instead, she offered another smile to the fretting woman. "So let it out."

"What?"

"Let it out," she repeated, crossing her arms. "Yell at me, curse, throw something, just get all of this stress out of your system. If you're a nervous wreck, imagine how Junior is feeling right now."

The monitor next to Elizabeth started beeping loudly.

Her eyes went wide with fear. "What is that? What's wrong?"

"Fetal heart rate is down," Marie responded frankly, glancing hurriedly at Keller.

Without missing a beat, the doctor took off her jacket. "Okay, I'm inducing. Elizabeth?"

"Uh huh?" she replied, groaning uncertainly as Jennifer and Marie put on scrubs.

Jennifer smiled wryly at her. "You ready to push?"

A wave of panic swept over her. "No," she replied weakly.

The young yet capable doctor walked to her bedside and injected something into her IV line. She disposed of the needle, then grasped Elizabeth's hand. "You will be. All right, let's get this show on the road."

-=-=-=-=-=-

The last few hours had been the longest of his life.

The powers that be had forced him to leave his pregnant wife, the Wraith had destroyed the Chair at Area 51, and now he was pondering what amounted to a suicide mission.

Yep. He was certifiable.

Samantha Carter’s voice filtered through his comm. “Sheppard, your orders are to return to the base.”

“I’ve still got a nuke,” he reasoned as his 302 continued climbing through the atmosphere. “I’m gonna finish this mission.”

“You don’t have enough fuel. You’ll never make it to the Hive.”

“He got what he wanted. He’s gonna come to us.” He heard a muted voice on the other end, then glanced around his cockpit. “I’ve got enough fuel to establish orbit, then I’ll shut everything down except basic life support. That way, he won’t detect me till it’s too late.”

Carter sighed. “Even if that does work, given what we know about this ship, one nuke is not gonna be enough.”

“No, not from the outside. I'll wait for him to enter orbit, I'll fire up my systems, shoot my way through the Dart Bay door and fly the damned bomb right down his throat. Then I'll detonate it from the inside.”

Carter’s voice was pleading. “John, I can’t ask you to do that.”

Even though she didn’t say it, he knew what she meant. You have a wife and baby on the way. I won’t let you do that. You have a lot at stake.

John sighed as that explanation fell flat in his mind. There are seven billion people who are worth a lot more than me.

He bit his lip, them slowly exhaled as he came to peace with his choice. “Well, you’re not asking. I’m volunteering. Look, without that Chair, Earth is basically defenseless, right?”

The deafening silence on the other end confirmed it.

“Right. Commencing radio silence. Sheppard out.”

As he disconnected his comm, still heading to orbit, John spared a glanced out the window. The full sphere of Earth wasn’t visible from this position, yet he could still see the blue and green markings of his home world. He could imagine all the families on the planet, going about their every day business with no knowledge of the ship hovering above them so menacingly that could end their lives so quickly.

He shook his head, clearing the distraction from his mind. He knew that Elizabeth would understand, if not be in complete support of, his actions. The hurried discussion during the siege of Atlantis at the end of their first year sprung to mind. “I have to do this, and you know it” was all it had taken to make her unwillingly nod her head and send him away.

He wasn’t throwing his life away then -- he did it to save the other two hundred people on Atlantis. He made the offer to Carter to make sure that Elizabeth would be safe. Even if he wasn’t there.

A renegade tear made its way down his cheek, and he cursed the oxygen mask for blocking his reach.

Going to crash face first now and take a nap.
                  Oh John, this is no time for another one of your suicide missions. Sigh. Now if EatG had been like this, I wouldn't have complained so much.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Glad you got the one you wanted!!
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Just dropping in to say.......

Happy Birthday to our very own Southern Red!!!!!

the vague link there is of course that Sheppard is afraid of clowns. And that I am one
                      sigpic

Comment

Southern Red

I brought cake!!

Last edited by Madness reigns; 16 February 2012, 02:00 AM.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

That clown is very SPN-esque. Some cake instead?

Oh Dear God, the cake has eyes *backs away slowly*

After much searching, this is what I meant to say:

sigpic

Comment

Thanks gateraid and Madness reigns, for the great start to my birthday. All that cake makes me want to go back to bed. I'm hoping for a quiet birthday, but these days you never know.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Happy Birthday!!

Comment

Despite the wrenching pain in my ankle and my dentist's appointment after work, I have a feeling that today is going to be a good day. Just found out they're opening a Trader Joe's in my area!

And Sparky rules, Caldwell's courting sweater drools. Have to keep it on topic, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X