Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    *gasp* !! Does that man age?? No, he doesn't. he only gets better looking.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      *gasp* !! Does that man age?? No, he doesn't. he only gets better looking.
      Tell me about it! He ages just like fine wine; he gets even better as he gets older. Yum.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Tell me about it! He ages just like fine wine; he gets even better as he gets older. Yum.
        That's awesome. (That's also very Capricorn. I'm so proud I share the zodiac sign with Joe).

Anyway, I feel like posting a song, which, I think, fits John & Elizabeth amazingly - Are we in trouble now by Mark Knopfler

Fic rec! Of alcohols and lemons by Leanstein. A funny drunk!fic.

Comment

That's awesome. (That's also very Capricorn. I'm so proud I share the zodiac sign with Joe).

Anyway, I feel like posting a song, which, I think, fits John & Elizabeth amazingly - Are we in trouble now by Mark Knopfler

Fic rec! Of alcohols and lemons by Leanstein. A funny drunk!fic.
          I was going to rec that one myself. It's hilarious! John's drunken internal dialogue is not only funny but very in character at the same time. I'm not sure how she managed that.

I'd never heard of Mark Knopfler until I came to this thread. So I thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            I was going to rec that one myself. It's hilarious! John's drunken internal dialogue is not only funny but very in character at the same time. I'm not sure how she managed that.

I'd never heard of Mark Knopfler until I came to this thread. So I thank you.
            OMG! WHAT! NEVER HEARD OF MARK KNOPFLER???!!!!! Thank God you came to this thread, then!

Comment

OMG! WHAT! NEVER HEARD OF MARK KNOPFLER???!!!!! Thank God you came to this thread, then!
              LOL!! I know! Crazy, right?

That song fits really well for John and Elizabeth. *runs off to download to iPod*

Comment

*stomps in and screams in frustration*

Why do some people have to be so darn stubborn that they have to insist on having everything their way, spoon-fed to them from a silver platter? Why? Can't people just be patient and not spoil things for everyone else?

The person in question is being added to my block list. I'm done.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Goodnight sparky -pals! I am very very sleepy!

Comment

Why do some people have to be so darn stubborn that they have to insist on having everything their way, spoon-fed to them from a silver platter? Why? Can't people just be patient and not spoil things for everyone else?

Hmm.. Let's see if I can make you feel any better.

KISSxSparky.gif

Would a Sparky hug help? No?

duet1.jpg

How about an inappropriate Sparky stare? No?

Then I suggest one of these options:

a)
                    sheppard10-by-lifeistoobrevis.jpg

b)

Comment

Nighty-night, 'Nuna!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32556[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32557[/ATTACH]

a)
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]32558[/ATTACH]

b)
                      http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...sellthelie.gif
                      Heh! I think I like the "LALALA can't hear you" icon from Option A the best. Argh. So. Frustrating.

Comment

I think in some people's case, totally ignoring them is the best option. Impossible, you say. Probably, I reply. We'll see when it's my turn.

Meanwhile, SparkyCon squee!
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Oh my, sense of direction and trying to find your way around. I seem to be visually-based. Once I've been somewhere a couple of times, I can always find my way back, When going someplace new, I look up stuff in Google Maps before I even get in the car. Street View is my friend. And it works.
                          You too!! Google maps was my savior when I was a sports writer for the local paper. Every road game that was at a school I didn't know, I'd google it and drive the route there on a day off to ensure I didn't get lost and miss the game or deadline.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Probie - I'm so sorry you aren't able to go this weekend.

You got there! SQUEE!!! Rest early so you can take pretty pretty pictures.

LOL!! Well, along with my dad's math skills I also got his sense of direction - meaning none. My family and friends thought it was hilarious how many times I got lost while driving around the hospital area in Boston when my mom was there, considering I went to college just blocks from there. It didn't help that GPS didn't work in Boston. There were times when I was yelling at the machine "This is NOT a hospital! This is a house! We're not even close! You lemon!" Ok, I didn't say the lemon part.
                            Time to go Old School - the ever faithful map

Hmmm, John's got math skills and a lack of direction too. Maybe the 2 go together. Math skills and lack of direction, that is. Not me and John. Well, in my dreams I suppose. LOL!
                            I couldn't possibly comment on that

I hadn't thought of it that way. You're right. Made of fail. Just knowing the beginning of the mythical movie that will never be made was about Sam and Rodney doing a bunch of techno stuff makes me think S6 would have sucked more than a Hoover.
                            I haven't actually read much about it. Why do I get the feeling the techno stuff is just them turning off the self destruct?

Oh my. I can hear it now. "They don't even have hot water in that country!" Oh, don't get angry. I'm just teasing.
                            The smell comment came from the one time I went to a con in christchurch (by accident, I happened to be walking past). I didn't stay long because of the excessive BO. I'm sure Amanda smells like roses, or something intoxicating. It's stinking hot today: sweaty unclean people + confined space = questionable aroma.

I hadn't heard of him til I came to this thread either. Or at least I wasn't aware that he sang those songs. Not really my thing, but I'm not his target audience

I don't know whom you are referring to. There are some people here (not on this thread) that do similar. I just do one of my patented long-winded posts, that usually bores them to death

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32556[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32557[/ATTACH]

a)
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]32558[/ATTACH]

b)
                            I love Torri's look in that last one, it's very squishable

Edited to add:

When you look at that gif, that eppy looks really good. I can see why they (the actors) all enjoyed it. Now if only the whole episode was only five seconds long.....
                            Last edited by gateraid; 28 October 2011, 11:47 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Here's something I was playing with earlier. It's not sparky, although it 'might' be part of a larger sparky fic. The only reason I've posted it here is becasue there's a minor Sheppard/Weir reference (of the characters, not the ship)

Spoiler:

Upon realising that they couldn’t communicate with the rest of Lorne’s team, and that the alarm must’ve triggered some sort of lockdown protocol, Lorne and Ronon searched the room for anything that might be helpful in getting them out of the lab.

“There’s nothing here” Ronon said angrily as he kicked one of the walls.

“Steady on, big guy. <insert name here> is in the control room. Once he figures out how to disable the lockdown, the doors will open, and we’ll be able to get back to exploring.....nothing.”

“Can’t wait”

“It’s no Atlantis, is it?” Lorne said as he plonked himself down on the floor. He tapped the floor with his foot. “Pull up a pew. <insert name here>’s no McKay, it might be a while”

Ronon begrudgingly sat down. Waiting wasn’t something he liked doing, no matter the circumstance.

“So, what was that language you spoke earlier?”

“French” Ronon raised an eyebrow. “It’s on the opposite side of the world to America. My mother was from France, but I was raised in America”

“I’ve never heard you speak it before”

“Yeah. I’m a bit rusty. The only people I used to speak it to, with any regularity, were my parents, and.....Dr Weir”

Silence permeated the room, both men unsure of what to say. Ronon was the first to speak up.

“Hell of a woman”

“Huh. You have no idea. Galactic domination via eyebrow”

“Didn’t think anyone else noticed”

“Are you kidding? I think that’s where General Landry got the idea from”

“How’d Sheppard take the news he was getting her old job? Doesn’t seem the type for it”

“He’s not. He’ll hate it. But when you wear the uniform, you go where they tell you and do what they tell you, no exceptions”

sigpic

Comment

Pic of Joe and Torri at the french convention

I'm not there but I try to share the news.lol

My friends are waiting for a "Sparky pic". No need to tell that they are excited.

Oh and btw, there is a strike in the airports in France. Maybe Joe and Torri will be stuck in our country. I'm sorry, american friends. We keep them.lol
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X