Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    Congrats. This is going to sound like a really dumb question, but what makes a smart phone 'smart'? How is it different to a regular phone?
    As far as I am concerned, the smart-factor on my new phone... it has bluetooth which finally gives me the ability to make phonecalls in my car without risking a serious fine - hands' free for the win!
    Plus surfing the web is an improvement... google maps for when I get lost which I tend to do.

Wow. That would make anyone jump up and down
    Indeed it does:

Spoiler:

Goofball 1 and 2

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      As far as I am concerned, the smart-factor on my new phone... it has bluetooth which finally gives me the ability to make phonecalls in my car without risking a serious fine - hands' free for the win!
      Plus surfing the web is an improvement... google maps for when I get lost which I tend to do.

Indeed it does:

Am I the only one who thinks the two of you could be sisters? Same smile, same eyes. Very cool.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Thank you all I'mmmmmm baaaaaaaack. I didn't realise the irony of it until just now, but while I was away I climbed the hill to Mt John observatory. Didn't even pick the connection til now *doh!*
        Oh, that's priceless!

Maybe the whole thing is a reset. Maybe SG-1 never got off the planet back in s6, and everything from that point on is still a dream.
        But then John and Elizabeth would never have met! Can't have that!

No, it's because Weir doesn't like to mingle with the little people
        *snorts*

Ohhhh yeah.

SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

BTW, I'm totally at the "Goofball 1 and 2" caption. You two look so cute!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Am I the only one who thinks the two of you could be sisters? Same smile, same eyes. Very cool.
        Nope, you're not the only one!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
          Mmmm crack!!!

Oh. I can do that on my phone, but it's just a regular cell phone. I think. Maybe it's a smart phone with a dumb user

Spoiler:

Goofball 1 and 2

Yeah, now that you mention it

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          But then John and Elizabeth would never have met! Can't have that!
          If it were true, the question becomes: who's fantasy/dream is it?

*snorts*
          That pesky AU
          sigpic

Comment

If it were true, the question becomes: who's fantasy/dream is it?
            Gotta wonder...

That pesky AU
            It doesn't exist in my universe.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              Before I reply to anyone I have to pimp out some videos. There's a new user here named "earthling" who is creating 30 second recaps of all the episodes. He/she posted about this in the general thread. There's an obvious love of Elizabeth in these videos. I don't know how the person will treat Sparky but we'll see. I don't know how many of you visit the general threads. I found the Hide and Seek and Suspicion ones to be frakking hilarious.

Spoiler:

Rising

Hide and Seek

38 Minutes

Suspicion

Childhood's End

I never check out the general thread but it looks like I may have to start.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

That's the kind of bribe I can't resist... the promise of an overload makes me even more eager.
                Hopefully I won't let you down. So far it looks good to me but I want another set of eyes to look it over before I post.

Comment

SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

BTW, I'm totally at the "Goofball 1 and 2" caption. You two look so cute!

Nope, you're not the only one!
                  And Mandogater makes three!! Maybe FH could be her stand in if Torri ever does any movies in Belgium?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    I never check out the general thread but it looks like I may have to start.
                    It depends. I've stayed away from it in the past, but in the last few weeks I've been drawn back there by some odd threads. It's as addictive as heroin on cornflakes

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    And Mandogater makes three!! Maybe FH could be her stand in if Torri ever does any movies in Belgium?
                    Excellent. We haz a Plan B now
                    sigpic

Comment

And a hearty good morning to all the Sparkies in the world.

There has been much discussion on what exactly takes place here. I like to go with what it looks like happens, rather than reality. Thank you very much.

sigpic

Comment

There has been much discussion on what exactly takes place here. I like to go with what it looks like happens, rather than reality. Thank you very much.

She was inviting him out to somewhere private? And getting his attention by giving him a little tap?

I discovered this one earlier

She's really putting the bear in bear hug
                        sigpic

Comment

She was inviting him out to somewhere private? And getting his attention by giving him a little tap?

LOL. Why is it I can't seem to stop watching? And that line from Mrs. Doubtfire just popped into my mind about "Brace yourself."
                          sigpic

Comment

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

I always found the progression of this scene from Submersion interesting.

WEIR: So am I. Well, we have a lot of exploring to do.

SHEPPARD: “We”?

WEIR: Until Rodney delivers the preliminary status report, I’m all yours. Put me to work, Colonel.

SHEPPARD: Alright, let’s make up some time. Break into teams. Ronon, you’re with Teyla. Elizabeth, you’re with me -- or I’m with you, however you wanna put it.

(Ronon hands him a rifle and he walks off, Elizabeth following him.)

WEIR: Either [ee-ther] way ... or either [eye-ther] way.

(Ronon hands Teyla a pistol and they too head off.)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...s/4eb282dd.gif

She tells him to put her to work first. In no way does she imply that it should be with him alone. She's willing to take any assignment he gives her. So what does he do? He splits them into teams and puts her with him? Now that is interesting.
                            I love that scene! First off, there's the subtly suggestive "Put me to work, Colonel". Again I go back to what they *should* have done if they were writing a different ship - they could have put John with Teyla. Imagine Teyla's "your friendship is very important" line going to John instead of Ronon. That would have seemed shippy. Instead they play that with Teyla/Ronon. If they'd gone the other way then the whumpers would have been happy to see him get beat up.

Anyway, I'm glad it happened the way it did. John obviously wanted to keep his Lizzie close.

Yep. Kinda like how he pulled the hopeless romantic card in The Last Goodbye and agreed to "Elizabeth's" request to host Thalan's consciousness so that Phoebus could be reunited with her "husband" one last time. He knew there was a chance that Thalan and Phoebus could be getting it on in his and Elizabeth's bodies, and he did it anyway. One would think that if John really didn't like her, he would've run screaming from the room. But he didn't. John is totally hot for his Lizzeh.
                            I read a fic and I can't remember which one (might have been by havocthecat) where Elizabeth tells John that Phoebus wanted John to think she wanted to f&&& him. Yup, exactly. That's why John kept licking his lips and his voice cracked.

Indeedy do. John sure made some interesting choices for someone not in love with his boss.

I'm just all flaily today. I'm doing a bit of editing for SGA-R and a scene between John and Teyla just made me bounce in my seat. Talk about foreshadowing and subtext. Oh man. I cannot wait for you guys to read this. That Teyla is one smart cookie.
                            AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!! I want to read RIGHT NOW!!!

Thank you all I'mmmmmm baaaaaaaack. I didn't realise the irony of it until just now, but while I was away I climbed the hill to Mt John observatory. Didn't even pick the connection til now *doh!*
                            Ok you know I'm getting a slashy vibe out of that, right?

Yep. It's my biggest criticism of Binder. The how many seconds convo was very grating
                            Yes, I agree. His Rodney can be super irritating and his McShep banter can be annoying. He did great in Echoes, though.

I didn't like how it was Rodney who was the voice of caution before she agreed to do it, but whatever.
                            Gotta throw the McWeirs a bone every once in awhile. They're nice people.

I knew that would get Pocus's interest.

Nope, I think so too.

It depends. I've stayed away from it in the past, but in the last few weeks I've been drawn back there by some odd threads. It's as addictive as heroin on cornflakes
                            It is, but then it's very easy to get aggravated by the stupidity. BTW, if I got less enjoyment out of seasons 4 and 5 then I have every right to do so. If people stopped watching when Elizabeth left, they have that right also. /end rant

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...s/3b5f633a.gif
                            You mean that she tapped his butt?

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...d/000d88e4.gif

LOL!! That only makes it more worth repeating that he pulls her closer at the end of the hug. *nods*

Comment

gateraid - love your new avatar!!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Or like a trainwreck. You just can't look away.

It is, but then it's very easy to get aggravated by the stupidity. BTW, if I got less enjoyment out of seasons 4 and 5 then I have every right to do so. If people stopped watching when Elizabeth left, they have that right also. /end rant
                                And if people are deliberately ignoring certain realities just to push their own agenda, we have a right to call them out on it.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...s/3b5f633a.gif
                                And besides, how do we know it wasn't the reality? At least, the reality they wanted to have happen, but couldn't? Stupid regs.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...d/000d88e4.gif

Hey, it's an 'oh thank god you're not dead!' hug. Of course it'll be... enthusiastic.

LOL!! That only makes it more worth repeating that he pulls her closer at the end of the hug. *nods*
                                And licked his lips.

Comment

Working...
                                X