Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Awesome little ficlets, SW! I just wanna go cuddle John and Ronon!

It's Ronon. Two O's.
    GAH!!! I just reread some stories I had posted ... I've butchered Ronon's name. Poor guy. *huggles*

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      GAH!!! I just reread some stories I had posted ... I've butchered Ronon's name. Poor guy. *huggles*
      Run, SW, run!!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Run, SW, run!!

Ohnoes! Quick everyone, grab your flak jackets, LOL!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yeah, the reason he tensed up when she entered his personal space is because he just got slapped.

That just totally made my day, thanks!
          You're welcome and nice ficlet as well!!
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

SGAFan recently posted an old fic of hers that addresses John's thoughts at the end of 38 Minutes. It's not shippy, but it does address this very train of thought.

No Regrets

Awesome breakdown of that scene! It's a really beautiful beginning to their relationship.

Speaking of Rising, I also love this moment:
            http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...-champagne.gif

I read this fic once, that wasn't shippy but it was the thoughts of the military guys about John. In the fic, the military guys all distrusted him at first and assumed he was "Weir's @$@! toy". But really, I wonder what all the military guys DID think of him, his inclusion, and Elizabeth making him go on the mission to Athos.

Wow, that's lovely!! Nicely done. Is it Ronan or Ronon? I always thought it was 2 o's? But poor guy *huggles him*
            I love that fic. SGAFan is a very good writer. I love her drabble wallpapers. She really sees things the way they were.

I've thought about how the Marines accepted him too. Knowing that the services don't always get along and knowing Marines as I do, at first they probably resented some Air Force "puke" being in charge. You see some of that in the fight scene in Duet with Ronon when John is leaning and a Marine kinda smirks off at him. In real life, a commanding officer would have reminded him, not so gently, that it was probably not in his best interests to speak to your CO in that tone of voice. But I'm sure as they got to know him and as rumors flew of just what he was capable of, they grew to respect him. Hearing of his exploits in TS/TE probably changed a lot of minds.

Okay, this is part of the iPod drabble that I was talking about. This is the first time I've written a Ronan POV snippet. I still have 8 more songs to do, and a lot of people to write for.

Spoiler:
            1) Selena Gomez, "Who Says"

It was hard for a grown man to accept praise when he was so accustomed to not hearing it through his life. He felt like he couldn't raise his expectations for his life because he would only be confronted with disappointed people, telling him that trying was a waste of his time and theirs. His father, the Air Force, his reflection in the mirror all told him that he wasn't worth it.

When a person begins to believe that, to live by that daily creed, it dictates their actions. It defines who they are.

So when he met a brown haired, green eyed woman in Antarctica who told him that he was important, his first reaction was to smirk.

He had carefully trained himself to seem unaffected when he would hear those comments. The smirk made him appear arrogant, cocky.

It hid the little boy inside, still looking for his father at a little league game.

It helped hide the agonizing satisfaction of finally being told by someone who knew his past that he was worth it.

And with that, John Sheppard started to rebuild his confidence.

2) Keith Urban, "Tonight I Wanna Cry"

He was a warrior; he didn't emit emotion.

No, he kept it buried deep inside him, inside the furthest reaches of what was left of his soul. Waking up every morning with the knowledge that his people, his family was gone, only made him colder. He stayed strong; he stayed in control.

Until a long lost friend betrayed him and, just to twist the knife permanently embedded in his gut, told him the fate of his people.

Unlike the people in this city, he had no photographs of his past. No proof that he ever was a part of something greater than himself until he arrived here. The scars engraved on his mind were the only remnants he had left.

If it wasn't for the Wraith, he might still have claim to something besides his stunner.

Today was another in a long series of unnecessary anniversaries to remind him of what he had lost. They could have been avoided, but no. He still keenly felt what happened to him.

He still drank until he passed out every year, on this date.

He wasn't sure how, but after passing out on the pier next to John, he woke up in his quarters, unsure of how he got there.

He was so tired. So tired of running, of hiding, of being the tough guy. Without anyone around, without a light shining on him from the moons outside, he slumped in his seat on the cot, laying his head in his hands.

Ronan Dex spent the rest of the night shedding his annual tears for the family, for the people whose lives were cut too short.
            I love those. Very much in character for both of them.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              I love that fic. SGAFan is a very good writer. I love her drabble wallpapers. She really sees things the way they were.

I've thought about how the Marines accepted him too. Knowing that the services don't always get along and knowing Marines as I do, at first they probably resented some Air Force "puke" being in charge. You see some of that in the fight scene in Duet with Ronon when John is leaning and a Marine kinda smirks off at him. In real life, a commanding officer would have reminded him, not so gently, that it was probably not in his best interests to speak to your CO in that tone of voice. But I'm sure as they got to know him and as rumors flew of just what he was capable of, they grew to respect him. Hearing of his exploits in TS/TE probably changed a lot of minds.
              Marines call people in the Air Force "pukes"? Really?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

This. Betcha that impressed a lot of people back on Earth once they heard about it, too.

*cackles* Somebody has got to get that into a fic!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Believe me, it goes both ways. The "official" nickname for the Air Force is zoomies. They are also called bus drivers and sometimes another P word that I can't repeat here. But then all the branches call the other branches nasty names. Mr. SR is proud to be a jarhead.
                  sigpic

Comment

Believe me, it goes both ways. The "official" nickname for the Air Force is zoomies. They are also called bus drivers and sometimes another P word that I can't repeat here. But then all the branches call the other branches nasty names. Mr. SR is proud to be a jarhead.
                    Semper Fi!

Ok so what are men in the Army called? My dad was in the Army and now I'm curious.

SK - oh yeah, that needs to go in fic somewhere!!

Comment

Semper Fi!

Ok so what are men in the Army called? My dad was in the Army and now I'm curious.

i would have to guess Grunts?

Comment

Semper Fi!

Snake eaters, ground pounders, cannon fodder. Ask your dad what he calls Marines and Air Force. Actually, the Navy has the longest list of nicknames for pretty much everything.
                        sigpic

Comment

Snake eaters, ground pounders, cannon fodder. Ask your dad what he calls Marines and Air Force. Actually, the Navy has the longest list of nicknames for pretty much everything.
                          One of my brothers was in the Air Force and his unit would be first to go anywhere....after the Marines most likely....and his unit was called Prime Beef.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                            One of my brothers was in the Air Force and his unit would be first to go anywhere....after the Marines most likely....and his unit was called Prime Beef.
                            *giggle*

Comment

What, pansies? LOL! No, I'm sure that's not it.

Hmm, my dad was in the Navy. I'll have to ask him about that list.

Originally posted by Pocus View Post

Comment

Okay,coming out of lurking mode to share this:

Learning to use GIMP and this is what I came up with.
                                sigpic
                                Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Working...
                                X