Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
    I know.. Sorry. Watched Sunday tonight and it kinda put me on a downer.

(which it shouldn't do cos I found out I'm going to be an Auntie again today!!)

I did a sad one for the David Hewlett/Rodney McKay thread as well... probably shouldn't watch the sad episodes when I'm lonely.
    Very nice but very sad.

Congrats on being an auntie again!!

I'm watching Critical Mass. Great episode for everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      I'm watching Critical Mass. Great episode for everybody.
      Sounds good, Critical Mass it is... and then bed I think, it's nearly 1 am already!!!
      sigpic
      Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        New fic by quiet_jay

You Had To Be There

It's fluffy and sweet and the perfect pre-hurricane fic.
        Please dont mention the hurricane......I have an manditory evacuation order for my town =[
        BALCONIES
        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
          Please dont mention the hurricane......I have an manditory evacuation order for my town =[
          Have you left yet?

As Elizabeth would say to John - "Be safe."

Comment

I was fiddling with some software to see just what I could do with it and came up with this... I love the quote and the pic just not sure they should be together.

Thought I'd share anyway

I love the way you do the ones with only one color. I've tried to do that but can't ever seem to get it right. Do you use Photoshop? Care to share your secret? I'm hopelessly stupid with that sort of stuff.

And congrats on becoming an Auntie. My husband's cousin just had a baby boy and we are all just gaga.

Oh no, and I thought we had it bad. I hope you have somewhere to go.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Oh no, and I thought we had it bad. I hope you have somewhere to go.
              The family is gonna be with Step Nanna Phillyss. Still it sucks!
              BALCONIES
              sigpic

Comment

I was fiddling with some software to see just what I could do with it and came up with this... I love the quote and the pic just not sure they should be together.

Thought I'd share anyway

http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/.../Sparky6-1.jpg
                That's magnificent! Believe me, the quote and the pic work together very well. Poor, poor John. *pets John*

And congratulations on your next round of auntiehood!

Eeek! Stay safe out there! *sends hugs and good wishes*
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Eeek! Stay safe out there! *sends hugs and good wishes*
                  Thanks, I hoping the storm is just a catagory one and it was just the news freaking us out....the news tends to do that.
                  BALCONIES
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    *rubs hands together gleefully* Sparky fic will rule the e-reader world! I'm going to be playing with converting the files to EPUB format next, to see if I can take advantage of some of the other features of iBooks that I can't use on PDF files, like bookmarking. It's a bit of a trial run with an eye to eventually doing e-reader ready versions of episodes for Atlantis Rising.
                    Is it sad that the main reason I want an e-reader right now is to keep fanfic on it? *clings to my books*

Have fun with your painting. I did mine last weekend, but it was outside and I didn't have to be super careful.

I realized that if the power goes out, for once we'll still be able to read in the dark thanks to our e-readers. At least until the battery runs out.
                    Point for the e-reader....

Thought I'd share anyway

I kind of love sad Sparky. They do it so well. *sniffles*

Keep up the good work MR!

So sorry to hear this. Darn hurricane.

Be careful.
                    sigpic
                    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

I know.. Sorry. Watched Sunday tonight and it kinda put me on a downer.

(which it shouldn't do cos I found out I'm going to be an Auntie again today!!)

I did a sad one for the David Hewlett/Rodney McKay thread as well... probably shouldn't watch the sad episodes when I'm lonely.
                      Congrats on being an Auntie again!

Joins in sending hugs and warm thoughts to all the East Coast Sparkies. I hope you are all safely out of the hurricane's path by now or that it will completely miss your neck of the woods.
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Thanks, I hoping the storm is just a catagory one and it was just the news freaking us out....the news tends to do that.
                        Yeah, they do have a tendency to exaggerate things. Of course, with something like this, there's no such thing as 'too careful.'

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                        Is it sad that the main reason I want an e-reader right now is to keep fanfic on it? *clings to my books*

Have fun with your painting. I did mine last weekend, but it was outside and I didn't have to be super careful.
                        Nah, that's not sad at all. It's one of the reasons I got my iPad.

I'm really looking forward to the new color on the walls with all that lovely warm wood furniture. It'll make my inner sanctum so very cozy.

Yes, they do. *wibbles*
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I love the way you do the ones with only one color. I've tried to do that but can't ever seem to get it right. Do you use Photoshop? Care to share your secret? I'm hopelessly stupid with that sort of stuff.
                          To be honest there is no secret, I use the editing software that's in PhotoBucket -It's fairly basic but coloursplash and tint are my friends (though I have been given links to an idiots guide to GIMP that I may have to try )

@Scary Kitty

That's magnificent! Believe me, the quote and the pic work together very well. Poor, poor John. *pets John*

Thank you, I have so many more sad quotes and general ones as well that I think would work, it's trying to find the right pic for them that's the problem
                          sigpic

Comment

Okay another sad(ish) one, but I like the colouring (or lack thereof) on this one Must admit a lot of the quotes I have are not particularly happy thoughts.

sigpic

Comment

Is is a Cat 1 now, but the problem is its size and speed. It will last a long time and pound the East coast. You guys have had a lot of rain and the ground is saturated, which will bring down trees when the hurricane hits. So, it's a good idea to be cautious.

Point for the e-reader....

Keep up the good work MR!

So sorry to hear this. Darn hurricane.

Be careful.
                              I've been thinking about that bolded part lately. I wonder how much of the continued popularity of Sparky has to do with just that. We have enjoyed reveling in the angst. S4-5 gave us such wonderful, emotional moments that no matter how angsty and horrible they were, just added to our ship and brought out to almost everybody how much John cared for her. Yeah, it might not have been wuv twoo wuv, but nobody could have watched and not realized that he cared deeply for her. And that was a win to us, considering that we'd been told time and time again that there was to be no ship between them.

We have lasting images on screen that confirm our feelings and those will never go away. Sparky FTW!
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

How's Irene treating those on the East coast of the US of A?

Hope all are well!

++//++

As for 21,000th post I bring you the Most Angsty Moments in Stargate Atlantis. A fairly short list compared to the other two polls we did, but there were less entries so there.

Anyway, here they are:

1. Elizabeth sacrifices herself & John's reaction - Ghost in the Machine (2)
                                2. John reacts to Elizabeth's condition - Adrift (2)
                                3. Dream!Kate screaming for Teyla to help her - Doppelganger (2)
                                4. Carson trying to carry the exploding tumor to be disposed of - Sunday (2)
                                5. John screaming at Kolya not to kill Elizabeth - The Storm/The Eye
                                6. Carson's memorial - Sunday
                                7. John leaving Elizabeth behind - Lifeline
                                8. Rodney almost destroying the planet with him and John on it - Trinity
                                9. John saves Elizabeth after a standoff with Kolya - The Eye
                                10. John stands alone in Elizabeth's office while she's in surgery - Adrift
                                11. John's about to be Wraithified, but still manages to try to comfort Elizabeth even though a camera seperates them - Common Ground
                                12. Rodney begging John to let Todd feed on him so Jeannie could be saved - Miller's Crossing
                                13. The "goodbyes" on video at the end - Letters from Pegasus
                                14. Teyla held captive by Michael, unable to free herself - The Kindred II
                                15. Rodney left alone when his companion sacrifices himself after having crashed into the Lantean ocean - Grace Under Pressure
                                16. Michael threatening Kate in her office with nothing more then a look - Michael

***//***

Next up we go to something more light and happy -> Most Humerous Moments in Stargate Atlantis
                                Same rules apply once again, 5 choices to make, 2 have to be non-sparky.
                                Deadline will be next week Saturday, the 3rd of September.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X