Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Then on the other hand, not only children are obnoxious. Go Falcon!
    My best friend couldn't help but giggle at my outburst, and I was all - "Did that help?" - casual.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      My best friend couldn't help but giggle at my outburst, and I was all - "Did that help?" - casual.
      I did that once to a kid in church. Well, I didn't yell or swear but I turned around and told the kid to stop kicking the pew. The kid's parents were right there. That's what aggravated me more than anything. Kids are going to act out. I get that. But the parents should be trying to stop it.

Comment

Totally off topic question. How many posts do I need before I can use a custom avatar? Is it 1000? I looked at the FAQ but I didn't see a number. I'm going to use either a picture of Elizabeth in TRW or John gazing at Elizabeth in Tao of Rodney.

Comment

I don't know if this works for Captain America, but continuing on the OT...

Spoiler:
          ...When we went to see the Brothers Grimm a few years ago, there were two girls sitting in our row who were chatting like they were at a bar. One had a large coke in hand, the other a large can of popcorn. My best friend was sitting right next to them. Each and every person around them started to get more and more annoyed as the movie went on until I had enough.

You know how when music and sound in a film drops to silence that something's going to jump out or something scary is going to happen. Well unfortunately for the people behind the two girls I chose that very moment to yell at them to shut the hell up. The large coke and the large popcorn went up in the air... but believe me it was very silent at once.
          AHAHAHAHAH! I LOVE that! Bravo, darling!

Oh, and you can still send in your lists... for I have a Teyla-thing-a-thon to finish first...which is due... last week.
          Oh goodie, because I've been knocked off schedule with the latest computer asshattery going on.

I read an article about places having kid free areas like in movies and restaurants. I think that's a brilliant idea. One of my friends with kids was horrified at the suggestion. For the movie theater, it wasn't like they were banning kids altogether. It was only certain showings. And restaurants, I have no problem with that either. If I'm going to get all dressed up and shell out big $$ for a fancy meal then I don't want an obnoxious 3 year old next to me. But perhaps that's my single and childless state showing.
          Let me join you on that loving the idea of kid-free areas. Methinks Radek would approve of that, too.

Hmm.. I think I should watch The Eye tonight. Some wet Shep, some wet Lizzie, some hand holding. Good times.
          With some chocolate cake on the side. Yum. That sounds positively delicious!

Oh, and custom avatars? I think you get them somewhere after 2000 posts? Could be wrong about that.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Let me join you on that loving the idea of kid-free areas. Methinks Radek would approve of that, too.

To be on topic...

I have never once sat on my boss's desk.

Comment

Custom avatar is indeed around 2000 posts - though it may switch to keep people from spamming their way to the magic number.

So, I'm going to tally the votes now... adding my own as well and then bring you the Most Romantic Moments in Stargate Atlantis (Sparky biased).

Comment

*drumroll please*

The 20 Most Romantic Moments of Stargate Atlantis:

1. Elizabeth hugs John when he returns from his suicide mission to destroy a Wraith ship - The Siege 3 (5)
                2. Ronon at Teyla's bedside - Echoes (3)
                3. John carries Elizabeth to the infirmary - Echoes (2)
                4. John breaks quarantine to save Elizabeth - The Real World (2)
                5. Teyla and Kanaan at home with Torren - Broken Ties (2)
                6. Sheppard & Chaya picnic - Sanctuary (1)
                7. John giving Elizabeth a birthday gift - Before I Sleep (1)
                8. John and Elizabeth staring during a meeting - Misbegotten (1)
                9. Sheppard and Weir Kiss - The Long Goodbye (1)
                10. Sheppard defending Weir's honor - Misbegotten (1)
                11. Carson and Perna - Poisoning the Well (1)
                12. Ronon comforting Teyla after she tells the team she's pregnant - Be All My Sins Remember'd (1)
                13. Sheppard agrees to play host to Thalan's consciousness - The Long Goodbye (1)
                14. Teyla is 'visited' in her dreams by her lover Kanaan - The Kindred I (1)
                15. Sheppard goes into Rambo-mode to avenge Weir's 'death' - The Eye (1)
                16. Cadman (in McKay's body) kisses Carson Beckett - Duet (1)
                17. Sheppard keeps looking over at Weir right before she faints - Echoes (1)
                18. Rodney staying at Katie's bedside - Quarantine (1)
                19. Laura in Rodney's body kissing Katie Brown - Duet (1)
                20. Intense glaring between John and Kate when deciding what to do about Michael - Michael (1)

Picspam I will leave to someone else for now!

Next poll up - Most Dramatic Moment of Stargate Atlantis.
                Same rules apply - pick up to 5 favorite moments, at least 2 have to be non-Sparky. Send me your picks in PM.
                Deadline: Friday the 19th of August

Comment

Eureka OT
                  Spoiler:
                  Syfy has ordered one additional episode of Eureka to allow the producers to write a series finale.

Comment

Got a nice dialogue only Sparky fic I wrote today for a challenge to share....it's called Start All Over

Spoiler:
                    "I've been doing a lot of thinking."

"I didn't know you were that thoughtful."

"Funny, you know well I am more intelligent than I seem to be...but in all seriousness, I've been thinking about us...."

"I never thought we would be speaking about it again."

"Well Elizabeth, I think we should."

"As much as it pains me it was a neutral decision to go our separate ways in our relationship."

"And I regret that decision every single day.....and I can sense this nagging feeling you regret it as well."

"You're right Colonel, you are much smarter than you look....I do regret it, from the moment I wake up to when I fall back to sleep...what happened John we used to have such love for each other!"

"I found myself in trouble too many times to count and every time that happened you would wear yourself out worrying about me. By the time Kolya gave me as basically a steak dinner to his wraith......we were both at wits end. It didn't help neither of us did it?"

"Apparently not."

"So we can forget that ever happened and you know......maybe.....start over?"

"You mean date again?"

"Yeah......so....is it a yes or a no?"

"John, I've been waiting over a year to ask me such a question....of course I am saying yes."
                    BALCONIES
                    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                    sigpic

Comment

I loved your outburst and did something similar myself in the parking lot a few weeks ago after the Dolly Parton concert. A young man actually came and stood in between our car and the car in front of us in line waiting to get out. He was planning to hold a place so his buds could pull in front of us. I think a bit of beer was involved. I stuck my head out the window and gave him my best Brenda Lee Johnson (from The Closer) impression, ending with a "thank you so much". He slunk away, ashamed of himself. Mr. SR was planning to run over him if that hadn't worked. I have one of those redheaded moments every once in awhile.

And put me down as all for child free environments. But then we took SR Jr. everywhere and he never disturbed anyone. Does no one discipline their children anymore?

And to be a bit on topic, I can just see John and Elizabeth in such a situation. She would try diplomacy, be unfailingly polite and John would just threaten violence. I wonder what it would take to make her lose her temper when someone was being rude.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/atl_season2/213-CriticalMass/screencaps/normal_atl_213_913.JPG
                        THIS. OMG, so this.

To be on topic...
                        http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...tl_213_925.JPG

I have never once sat on my boss's desk.
                        Squee! It's the Sparky Mint Jar! *grins knowingly and pets The Jar*

*drumroll please*

The 20 Most Romantic Moments of Stargate Atlantis:

1. Elizabeth hugs John when he returns from his suicide mission to destroy a Wraith ship - The Siege 3 (5)
                        2. Ronon at Teyla's bedside - Echoes (3)
                        3. John carries Elizabeth to the infirmary - Echoes (2)
                        4. John breaks quarantine to save Elizabeth - The Real World (2)
                        5. Teyla and Kanaan at home with Torren - Broken Ties (2)
                        6. Sheppard & Chaya picnic - Sanctuary (1)
                        7. John giving Elizabeth a birthday gift - Before I Sleep (1)
                        8. John and Elizabeth staring during a meeting - Misbegotten (1)
                        9. Sheppard and Weir Kiss - The Long Goodbye (1)
                        10. Sheppard defending Weir's honor - Misbegotten (1)
                        11. Carson and Perna - Poisoning the Well (1)
                        12. Ronon comforting Teyla after she tells the team she's pregnant - Be All My Sins Remember'd (1)
                        13. Sheppard agrees to play host to Thalan's consciousness - The Long Goodbye (1)
                        14. Teyla is 'visited' in her dreams by her lover Kanaan - The Kindred I (1)
                        15. Sheppard goes into Rambo-mode to avenge Weir's 'death' - The Eye (1)
                        16. Cadman (in McKay's body) kisses Carson Beckett - Duet (1)
                        17. Sheppard keeps looking over at Weir right before she faints - Echoes (1)
                        18. Rodney staying at Katie's bedside - Quarantine (1)
                        19. Laura in Rodney's body kissing Katie Brown - Duet (1)
                        20. Intense glaring between John and Kate when deciding what to do about Michael - Michael (1)

Picspam I will leave to someone else for now!

Next poll up - Most Dramatic Moment of Stargate Atlantis.
                        Same rules apply - pick up to 5 favorite moments, at least 2 have to be non-Sparky. Send me your picks in PM.
                        Deadline: Friday the 19th of August
                        Awesome! Kudos to FH for putting this on, and to everyone for participating!

Sure looks like we got a lot of differing opinions on potential romantic moments. Or perhaps there was just a lot more stealth romance going on than TPTW wanted us to believe. Heheheh...

Ah, and we have a new poll! Good, we always need something to keep us out of mischief.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        I loved your outburst and did something similar myself in the parking lot a few weeks ago after the Dolly Parton concert. A young man actually came and stood in between our car and the car in front of us in line waiting to get out. He was planning to hold a place so his buds could pull in front of us. I think a bit of beer was involved. I stuck my head out the window and gave him my best Brenda Lee Johnson (from The Closer) impression, ending with a "thank you so much". He slunk away, ashamed of himself. Mr. SR was planning to run over him if that hadn't worked. I have one of those redheaded moments every once in awhile.
                        OMFG, what an a-hole! Huzzah on the BLJ impression; I really must watch The Closer more often, it is such a fun show!

And put me down as all for child free environments. But then we took SR Jr. everywhere and he never disturbed anyone. Does no one discipline their children anymore?
                        Apparently not. Makes me want to retreat to an island hideaway and pull up the drawbridge.

And to be a bit on topic, I can just see John and Elizabeth in such a situation. She would try diplomacy, be unfailingly polite and John would just threaten violence. I wonder what it would take to make her lose her temper when someone was being rude.
                        That's an easy one: Kavanaugh. If he had pushed her much further in "Thirty-Eight Minutes," she probably would've either popped a blood vessel or popped him in the face.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

That's an easy one: Kavanaugh. If he had pushed her much further in "Thirty-Eight Minutes," she probably would've either popped a blood vessel or popped him in the face.
                          I kinda wish Elizabeth did popped Kavanaugh in the mouth or have John stun him with a wraith stunner and give him to Todd as lunch.
                          Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 11 August 2011, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
                            Here's a question, do you think without elizabeth in his life, John develop like a dark side to him. i was just watching miller's crossing and it was like john became very dark when he got that henry wallace guy to become wraith food for todd.
                            I'd say you just answered that question.

Comment

I'd say you just answered that question.
                              yeah i did. goofy me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                                I kinda wish Elizabeth did popped Kavanaugh in the mouth or have John stun him with a wraith stunner and give him to Todd as lunch.
                                I never have understood the people who say she went too far with Kav. There they were trying desperately to save a jumper full of some of their best people and he gets all full of himself. I don't think she was harsh enough. I'd have thrown him over the balcony. But then we know she couldn't please certain people no matter what she did. I just wish John could have seen her. Maybe someone told him about it later. I can see him teasing her about going all bad***.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X