Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    i wonder do you think john ever held a grudge against rodney for re-activing elizabeth's nanites? i mean we saw in adrift, he ripped rodney a new one.
    I don't think he did, personally. Other than the initial blowup, I think he understood why Rodney did it. And John and Rodney seemed closer than ever in season four - I always felt like it was a result of the shared loss of Elizabeth. They were probably the two that had cared for her the most, although possibly in different ways.

That being said..... I have always had a personal theory that Ronon did hold it against Rodney, as a way of explaining in my mind the change in Ronon and Rodney's relationship between S3 and S4. In RL, I think it actually was just no more than Jason Momoa thinking his character would not be friends with the geek (I don't have a quote offhand but he's said as much in interviews). But within the show, at the end of S3 in episodes like Sunday and Tao, Ronon and Rodney did seem to be building a friendship. But that disappeared in S4, and the only in-universe explanation I could come up with is that Ronon blames Rodney to a certain extent for what happened to Elizabeth. Ronon obviously respected and admired her. The Keller situation didn't help matters any I'm sure, but Ronon's change in attitude toward Rodney came up before the triangle ever became an issue.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen ... mostly fellow ladies ...

I bring you the concluding chapter of "On The Other Side".

I decided to tie up the loose ends for now, and will possibly revisit it soon, but I had a snippet written and I figured I shouldn't postpone it. Also, it's a dedication to Tuesday. On this particular thread. Well, a lead in, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Thanks mandogater!!
        Your welcome JT-2.
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          Grr. I would if it would grant me access. I just keep getting a picture of a goat sticking its tongue out at me.
          LJ's still misbehaving for you? Darn, I guess the restoration of service is still ongoing.

And hey, new fic! I'll have to check that out later.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          i wonder do you think john ever held a grudge against rodney for re-activing elizabeth's nanites? i mean we saw in adrift, he ripped rodney a new one.
          Like others have mentioned, we never really saw any indication of a lingering grudge post-Lifeline. I admit, it continues to strike me as being a bit odd, considering that it wasn't the first time that Rodney had seriously abused John and Elizabeth's trust. And this instance was much more personal in nature than what happened in Trinity.

Of course, I'm also just as annoyed about the fact that Rodney never really apologized to Elizabeth (any version/clone/duplicate of her) for what he did in Adrift. While Elizabeth is normally a pretty forgiving person, after whatever nightmare she must have endured at the hands of the Replicators, I can certainly understand if she felt just a bit bitter over the whole experience.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
          I don't think he did, personally. Other than the initial blowup, I think he understood why Rodney did it. And John and Rodney seemed closer than ever in season four - I always felt like it was a result of the shared loss of Elizabeth. They were probably the two that had cared for her the most, although possibly in different ways.

That being said..... I have always had a personal theory that Ronon did hold it against Rodney, as a way of explaining in my mind the change in Ronon and Rodney's relationship between S3 and S4. In RL, I think it actually was just no more than Jason Momoa thinking his character would not be friends with the geek (I don't have a quote offhand but he's said as much in interviews). But within the show, at the end of S3 in episodes like Sunday and Tao, Ronon and Rodney did seem to be building a friendship. But that disappeared in S4, and the only in-universe explanation I could come up with is that Ronon blames Rodney to a certain extent for what happened to Elizabeth. Ronon obviously respected and admired her. The Keller situation didn't help matters any I'm sure, but Ronon's change in attitude toward Rodney came up before the triangle ever became an issue.
          Ohhhhh yes. It's always been in my personal canon that Ronon probably loved Elizabeth in his own way (but of course yielded to Sheppard as the one that Elizabeth was interested in ). So I can see this happening, too. *squishes Ronon*
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen ... mostly fellow ladies ...

I bring you the concluding chapter of "On The Other Side".

I decided to tie up the loose ends for now, and will possibly revisit it soon, but I had a snippet written and I figured I shouldn't postpone it. Also, it's a dedication to Tuesday. On this particular thread. Well, a lead in, anyway.
            Now see, that ending proves once again that John doesn't care if she's "real" or a clone or from another universe or what, he just wants Elizabeth. Lovely.

On the Rodney/Ronon thing. I have a hard time separating RL from canon with this. S4-5 were so screwed up with all the relationships that any theory makes sense at this point. I guess they intended them to resent each other over Keller, but they never made it clear how Rodney was feeling toward Ronon except to have him as sarcastic and insulting as ever, which violated canon established in TOR that Rodney considered Ronon a friend. John should have flared up again every time turning on the nanites came up which would have caused Rodney to have to apologize all over again, but they didn't want John to show any emotion towards her so that was off the table. It was all a muddle that's not clearing up with time.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Now see, that ending proves once again that John doesn't care if she's "real" or a clone or from another universe or what, he just wants Elizabeth. Lovely.

On the Rodney/Ronon thing. I have a hard time separating RL from canon with this. S4-5 were so screwed up with all the relationships that any theory makes sense at this point. I guess they intended them to resent each other over Keller, but they never made it clear how Rodney was feeling toward Ronon except to have him as sarcastic and insulting as ever, which violated canon established in TOR that Rodney considered Ronon a friend. John should have flared up again every time turning on the nanites came up which would have caused Rodney to have to apologize all over again, but they didn't want John to show any emotion towards her so that was off the table. It was all a muddle that's not clearing up with time.
              Say it aloud with me: TPTW tend to muddle things.

Comment

Mmmmmm Balcony

sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

And really, what's wrong with John wanting the woman he loves?

Agreed. If anything, it's just getting muddier.

Say it aloud with me: TPTW tend to muddle things.
                  True, dat.

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                  Squee! Ahhh, The Balcony is truly sacred space.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

The balcony was never the same after season 3. I don't know in reunion when Sam and John are talking about his rescue mission to save Elizabeth, it felt just wrong. I mean that was a sacred place for the two of them.
                    Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 03 August 2011, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Was feeling Artsy today. I was mowing the lawn and listening to Nickelback. This song struck a chord with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VMFdpdDYYA&ob=av2n

Nickelback Someday
                      Spoiler:

"Someday"

How the hell did we wind up like this?
                      Why weren't we able, to see the signs that we missed
                      And try turn the tables

I wish you'd unclench your fists, and unpack your suitcase
                      Lately there's been too much of this
                      But don't think it's too late

Nothing's wrong, just as long as
                      You know that someday I will

Someday, somehow
                      I'm gonna make it all right but not right now
                      I know you're wondering when
                      (You're the only one who knows that)
                      Someday, somehow

Well I'd hope that since we're here anyway
                      That we could end up saying
                      Things we've always needed to say
                      So we could end up staying
                      Now the story's played out like this
                      Just like a paperback novel
                      Let's rewrite an ending that fits
                      Instead of a Hollywood horror

Someday, somehow
                      Someday, somehow

[Solo]

How the hell did we wind up like this?
                      Why weren't we able, to see the signs that we missed
                      And try to turn the tables
                      Now the story's played out like this
                      Just like a paperback novel
                      Let's rewrite an ending that fits
                      Instead of a Hollywood horror

Someday, somehow
                      Someday, somehow

So I made this....

ETA: same sig...different font. might be easier to read

Last edited by Pocus; 04 August 2011, 03:59 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I did artsy stuff at work today - yes, I was that bored. Though in my defense, there are only 4 other colleagues there, the rest of the lot are on vacation.

At first it was fun - now not so much anymore. Though I didn't do anything Sparky - I could do that today (tomorrow)... and trying to hide what I'm doing from those 4 colleagues and my bosses. ... It's fascinating the ways I know how to dodge them.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I can't do any of that stuff at work. My kids don't give me time. They think the computer is a learning tool for them. Imagine that?
                          sigpic

Comment

At least since I started working with the baby it gave me free time to do some more writing though I am not finishing my BB in time like I wish. Oh well.
                            BALCONIES
                            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                              I can't do any of that stuff at work. My kids don't give me time. They think the computer is a learning tool for them. Imagine that?
                              Learning tool?!? - Really?

Crazy, crazy kids!
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Learning tool?!? - Really?

Crazy, crazy kids!
                                When I had kids that took a nap, I played on here. That is how I managed to read the entire Sparky thread before posting. I think it was over a 1000 pages already.

Now, sheesh, I even sit down at it and they are all over me. They like when we go Youtube fishing to find fun stuff.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X