Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Watching a "Star Trek" movie marathon on SyFy. I'm amazed at the difference between "First Contact" and "Nemesis". "Nemesis" seems too scripted, too stiff. No wonder a lot of fans don't like it!
    i like some of the original series movies and maybe one or two of the next generation movies and i really enjoyed the new one. felt like a whole new trek that my generation can enjoy.

I will say this Colonel Caldwell reminded me of Captain Picard.

Comment

was watching the return tonight on Syfy and i was thinking has any one written about what the atlantis team was doing their six weeks on earth? i mean 42 days is a lot of time to write about.
      Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 26 July 2011, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        I WALKED HADRIAN'S WALL!!!

10 days of walking - 84 miles - Wallsend to Bowness on Solway ... and skipped through Lemington along the way (I kid you not!)

I'm baaa-aaack!

Another lemming out there?
        Welcome back Glad you had a good time

Sugar's exactly what I need...

My cat's happy too I'm back. My aunt suspects her of faking an injury she sustained in the last few days to make it look worse than it really is because she missed me. And she wouldn't eat either - that I get, but the first... can cats really do that?
        I'm not a cat fan, although I'm a hard sell on pets in general, so that's not really an insult to cats. Animals can definitely pine for people - she must think you're her mate (well, the human equivalent)

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        John: If only she would bend forward just a little bit.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ky/3324i0l.jpg

John:I wonder if she saw me looking. Stay cool, John. You got this.
        Liz: Are his ears pointed?
        Better than anything I could've come up with

I have a question - a friend of mine just asked me what he could get Torri when he's meeting her in october (local convention a week before the Marseille one). It has to be something that he can make out of wood (and the SGA logo is already made so it can't be that). Something that would fit her or her personality maybe?
        I looked up her wiki, perhaps a wooden version of either the Gemini or Saturn awards she has won?

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

OMFG. Pre-smut innuendo. Love it!

Those are gorgeous, JT!

I want to do some artwork for SGA Rising. Already have a couple of ideas for my episode in the second half, What Dreams May Come, but they're a bit complicated. Broken glass/mirrors are tricksy.
        If I could get on livejournal, I'd be able to look up the ep synopsis for that. What is up with that site? Again?

Huh. That's a bit of a tough one. Only thing I can think of is something for her dog, LOL!
        A good idea, to be sure

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Thanks for the compliment!

Holy crap that's a lot of money! I love Joe, but c'mon that's just nuts.
        ITA

Maybe the symbols in her co-exist shirt? I think that's it.... with the religious symbols all connected or something.
        I obviously am not as big a fan as everyone else, I don't even know what her co-exist shirt looks like

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        i like some of the original series movies and maybe one or two of the next generation movies and i really enjoyed the new one. felt like a whole new trek that my generation can enjoy.

I will say this Colonel Caldwell reminded me of Captain Picard.
        Because he's bald?

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        Oy. Real life sucks!!!

Yay, more Sparky Sig monsters!!!

Ooooooh. Beautiful!!!

ROFLing!!! That was awesome! I caught onto the "Princess Bride" references, great job!!!

Watching a "Star Trek" movie marathon on SyFy. I'm amazed at the difference between "First Contact" and "Nemesis". "Nemesis" seems too scripted, too stiff. No wonder a lot of fans don't like it!

Ok, OT. Sorry. Anyhoodle, life's been crazy, finally got a chance to work today on my fics, and just uploaded an old Enterprise Trip/T'Pol fic on FFdotnet that I wrote when I was ... 17??? Anyhow, if anyone likes that ship, feel free to check it out!

And back to lurking ...
        I wouldn't have had such a big problem with Nemesis if it weren't the final ever outing for TNG. I wouldn't have gotten that idea from watching it - other than Riker/Troi, there was no wrap up for anyone. Data kinda unwrapped when he exploded, so I guess I should include him too
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          Welcome back Glad you had a good time
          Thanks!

I'm not a cat fan, although I'm a hard sell on pets in general, so that's not really an insult to cats. Animals can definitely pine for people - she must think you're her mate (well, the human equivalent)
          Mmm.... she does have a tendency to make sure to be at my side at all times. I sometimes wonder who's whose pet.

I looked up her wiki, perhaps a wooden version of either the Gemini or Saturn awards she has won?
          Mmmm.... there's an idea. An award of sorts... *puts it on the list*

I obviously am not as big a fan as everyone else, I don't even know what her co-exist shirt looks like
          I looked it up cause I wasn't sure about it either...

Spoiler:
          Last edited by Falcon Horus; 27 July 2011, 06:10 AM.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Thanks for the compliment!

Holy crap that's a lot of money! I love Joe, but c'mon that's just nuts.

Ooh super pretty! Can I use it for my home desktop? Pretty please? Hell, like you can stop me.

Maybe the symbols in her co-exist shirt? I think that's it.... with the religious symbols all connected or something.

Thanks SK! Yeah, broken mirrors would be quite tricky!!
            Feel free to use the wallie for anything you want without guilt. LOL I'm not proprietary over my art at all.

On the Joe meet and greet. I happened to be nearby last year in Chicago when someone told Joe how much the auction had gone for. She got the double eyebrow raise and a "really?" I wonder how much of that he gets.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Personally I would never spend that much money on a lunch to begin with, no matter who I was having it with - seeing as how I would be so incredibly nervous I wouldn't be able to eat anyway.

Not even Claire can make me spend that much - Jewel's meet & greet pretty much sealed my faith as far as M&G's go. I can't remember what was said at all, nor do I remember exactly how long she sat across from me for I was gone... high as a kite on cloud 9.

Oh.. and GW changed the signature rules... me no like but I managed to find a way around it. ... Well, sorta anyway...

Comment

Personally I would never spend that much money on a lunch to begin with, no matter who I was having it with - seeing as how I would be so incredibly nervous I wouldn't be able to eat anyway.

Not even Claire can make me spend that much - Jewel's meet & greet pretty much sealed my faith as far as M&G's go. I can't remember what was said at all, nor do I remember exactly how long she sat across from me for I was gone... high as a kite on cloud 9.

Oh.. and GW changed the signature rules... me no like but I managed to find a way around it. ... Well, sorta anyway...
                I certainly wouldn't pay that much to spend an hour with someone and 9 other people. I understand from last year that one person dominated the conversation and like you, I'd be too shy to interrupt. I did fine when I met Joe but I couldn't remember any of it until later. When he turns those eyes on you, your brain takes a vacay. So all that money would be wasted.
                sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

If I could get on livejournal, I'd be able to look up the ep synopsis for that. What is up with that site? Again?
                  I know! Seriously, what is their problem?

I wouldn't have had such a big problem with Nemesis if it weren't the final ever outing for TNG. I wouldn't have gotten that idea from watching it - other than Riker/Troi, there was no wrap up for anyone. Data kinda unwrapped when he exploded, so I guess I should include him too

I looked it up cause I wasn't sure about it either...

SQUEE! *pets* She looks so darn cute there.

Feel free to use the wallie for anything you want without guilt. LOL I'm not proprietary over my art at all.

On the Joe meet and greet. I happened to be nearby last year in Chicago when someone told Joe how much the auction had gone for. She got the double eyebrow raise and a "really?" I wonder how much of that he gets.
                  Gotta wonder, indeed. Hey, he's got three boys to put through school, after all.

I certainly wouldn't pay that much to spend an hour with someone and 9 other people. I understand from last year that one person dominated the conversation and like you, I'd be too shy to interrupt. I did fine when I met Joe but I couldn't remember any of it until later. When he turns those eyes on you, your brain takes a vacay. So all that money would be wasted.
                  *cackles* Same with me!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

If the brain takes a vacay just by having the Flan look at you - then I really don't want to know what the brain does when both Torri and Joe are looking at you... might have to train the brain before I go to Marseille.

Comment

If the brain takes a vacay just by having the Flan look at you - then I really don't want to know what the brain does when both Torri and Joe are looking at you... might have to train the brain before I go to Marseille.
                      The thought is truly frightening. But I would be more interested in watching them interact with each other. In character, of course. Just remember, if purely for aesthetic reasons, he's better looking in person. It's like looking at a famous painting.
                      sigpic

Comment

You spontaneously explode from the epic squee?

The thought is truly frightening. But I would be more interested in watching them interact with each other. In character, of course. Just remember, if purely for aesthetic reasons, he's better looking in person. It's like looking at a famous painting.
                        Or like drinking a finely aged wine. Aaaahhhh.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          You spontaneously explode from the epic squee?
                          I'll spontaneously combust anyway... the guest list is so awesome that I won't survive the weekend anyway. So far I think there's only one that I'm not too interested in, and one still needs to be announced. There are 4 stargate guests (Torri, Joe, Ryan Robbins and Dan Payne), 2 Sanctuary guests (Ryan Robbins again and Robin Dunne), 1 BSG guest (Rekha Sharma - she was Roslin's secretary) and 1 Star Trek Voyager guest (Manu Intiraymi - he was one of Borg kids they rescued and stayed on board voyager with Seven).

Comment

Mornin' Sparkettes. I just dropped in to announce that I might not be around as much for the next 5 days. My BFF is coming for a visit and we're going to be busy with fun stuff. I'll check in when I can. Try not to burn down the forum while I'm not around.

Chapter 4 of TBaF is now up for your reading enjoyment. Chapter 5 will likely go up tomorrow if Kris and/or I don't forget. We both messed up on Chap 4, but finally got our act together. We're not getting a lot of comments even though the viewer numbers are still huge. Let us know what you think either on the website or on GW's discussion thread.
                            sigpic

Comment

Mornin' Sparkettes. I just dropped in to announce that I might not be around as much for the next 5 days. My BFF is coming for a visit and we're going to be busy with fun stuff. I'll check in when I can. Try not to burn down the forum while I'm not around.
                              Seeing as how my warning not to break the interwebz on LJ two weeks ago fell on deaf man's ears, I wouldn't count on us NOT burning the forum while you're enjoying yourself in the next 5 days... No promises!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I'll spontaneously combust anyway... the guest list is so awesome that I won't survive the weekend anyway. So far I think there's only one that I'm not too interested in, and one still needs to be announced. There are 4 stargate guests (Torri, Joe, Ryan Robbins and Dan Payne), 2 Sanctuary guests (Ryan Robbins again and Robin Dunne), 1 BSG guest (Rekha Sharma - she was Roslin's secretary) and 1 Star Trek Voyager guest (Manu Intiraymi - he was one of Borg kids they rescued and stayed on board voyager with Seven).
                                Whoo, good guest list! Geeze, there's gonna be so much squee, we may have to start worrying about cracking the planet in half, LOL!

Chapter 4 of TBaF is now up for your reading enjoyment. Chapter 5 will likely go up tomorrow if Kris and/or I don't forget. We both messed up on Chap 4, but finally got our act together. We're not getting a lot of comments even though the viewer numbers are still huge. Let us know what you think either on the website or on GW's discussion thread.
                                Have a great time with your BFF! (and hey, if you can get her hooked on SGA, win-win! )

Hmm, I wonder if I should post a reminder on the Twitter that we have commenting up on the site now. On the other hand, I don't want it to seem like we're begging for reviews, or anything.

Seeing as how my warning not to break the interwebz on LJ two weeks ago fell on deaf man's ears, I wouldn't count on us NOT burning the forum while you're enjoying yourself in the next 5 days... No promises!
                                True, dat.

Comment

Working...
                                X