Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Happy Sunday! I'm being quite lazy today.

They'd have a picnic and they then dun sex. (Sorry, reading Anuna's latest fic got my brain thinking smutty thoughts).
    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I took a nap. Resting up for cooking out steaks later.

I think she would try to read or nap and he would keep bothering her. Which leads us back to Anuna's fic.
    I think I'm gonna have to go read that fic.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      I think I'm gonna have to go read that fic.
      You simply must! It's rated M, of course. Not for kiddies who may be lurking. Melting Point

Comment

Now that it's midnight here on the East Coast USA, so let me say...

Happy Anniversary, Pocus!

sparky_ruffle3.gif

AddEmoticons00930.gif

Comment

sorry i haven't been around folks been helping various family members out with different projects. been trying to keep busy this summer.

Comment

I used to volunteer with a recordings for the blind organization. Most of us were senior citizens and they called me "young lady". So it's all relative. For all the new people, I'm the old lady around here though not over the hill quite yet. LOL

Next is my TBaF, which should give you a much-needed comic break. The betas claim to be falling over laughing. I hope that continues. Poor John. Poor whumped John. Poor sweaty, bleeding, confused, whumped John. Oh and Ronon strips.
            Tis true

I got the biggest laugh out of the

Spoiler:
            bit where Ronon and Carson woke up together

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Seriously? OMFG!

I'm beginning to wonder if the Extinction script really ever existed, and Mallozzi's just making stuff up based on the fanfics he's reading.

Okay, I'm kidding, but wouldn't that be hilarious?
            Seeing as nobody else has said it here (yet), let me be the first to raise a glass to Scary Kitty for not only adhering to canon, but adhering to canon that hadn't actually been written yet. This deserves a round of applause *bows in the presence of greatness*

Also, to those who have suffered my beta-ing, I should also point out that I was against the wormhole drive. So not all of my ideas are good ones

I think this is worthy of mention elsewhere, unless someone has already done it?
            sigpic

Comment

Now that it's midnight here on the East Coast USA, so let me say...

Happy Anniversary, Pocus!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30774[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30780[/ATTACH]
              Thanks JT!!! It is going to be a good day even if I don't get to spend it with my honey. First day of work for him since January. At least I am on vacation. Lots of time to play on the internet and read Trust!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                Thanks JT!!! It is going to be a good day even if I don't get to spend it with my honey. First day of work for him since January. At least I am on vacation. Lots of time to play on the internet and read Trust!!!!
                Happy belated anniversary You're a whumper, right? I'm not sure if this qualifies as whump, but this counts as a virtual gift

don't look too closely at what that image is saved as
                sigpic

Comment

*sigh* Whumped Sheppard wearing pinkish undies. Guess he shouldn't have mixed his laundry up with Elizabeth's.

Thank you!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                    Yes, indeed. Happy Anniversary, Pocus!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                    Happy belated anniversary You're a whumper, right? I'm not sure if this qualifies as whump, but this counts as a virtual gift

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30787[/ATTACH]

don't look too closely at what that image is saved as
                    I saw that. Feel free to swipe from me any time.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I just ran and checked on that. I won't go so far as to say great minds think alike. LOL The idea about Todd sounds intriguing, and notice he mentioned Teyla and her family. Guess we were right to have them in the city. But how much you want to bet they parked Kanaan and Torren with their people and never mentioned them again? We are doing more for the Athosians than they ever did.
                      Happy Anniversary of that great day!!

Hey guys, did you happen to see that Mallozzi posted new details on the never-to-be-filmed Extinction movie and it includes the use of the wormhole drive that drains all the ZPM power away? ROTFLMAO!!
                      LOL I guess they were as eager to get rid of it as us. Of course, being a movie they have to write a story within the confines of the timeframe, so they couldn't do all the dramatic stuff we're doing.

I would have to laugh, though, if this whole time-travel thing gave them the opportunity to stop the Wraith before they started and it was revealed that they 'needed' the Wraith to evolve to curb the Ancients getting out of control or something. A lesson in not screwing with time when given the opportunity *coughBoxofDreamscough*
                      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Yes, indeed. Happy Anniversary, Pocus!

I saw that. Feel free to swipe from me any time.
                        Thanks!!!!!!! You picked my favorite color!
                        sigpic

Comment

The lack of Sparky in SGARising is driving me crazy, so I had to indulge a little plot bunny. Instead of rewriting chapter 4 of TBaF.

It was inspired by this song, which is an all time favorite of mine.

Spoiler:

It's whumped Elizabeth and hero John. What could be better? Hope you like.

Spoiler:
                          Get Here If You Can

She knew it must be day because of the warmth of the sun on her face, but the tight covering over her eyes made it impossible to know anything more about her environment. They had grabbed her roughly and secured her hands behind her with some sort of scratchy rope before tying a cloth tightly around her head to cover her eyes. The blindfold was so tight she began to see sparks of color, and whenever she moved her head, the few strands of hair that were caught in it pulled against her scalp.

Elizabeth Weir was in trouble. So much trouble. A trip to meet with potential new allies had ended badly when she refused to concede to their unreasonable demands. They wanted a union of leaders between her and the local chief, or chancellor, or whatever he called himself. It seemed to change depending on who was talking. On this planet, evidently, being allies meant a physical joining between this chief and the visiting leader. Needless to say, they didn't seem to have many friends in the Pegasus Galaxy. Too bad someone hadn't thought to tell the 'Lanteans about this little fact before they made the trip.

Of course, Elizabeth had refused him, but no amount of explaining that this just wasn't how things were done where they were from did any good. And now, she was in trouble. So very much trouble.

The last thing she had seen before they dragged her away was the furious face of her second in command. On a good day, John Sheppard was not the most patient man on any planet. On this day, he had murder in his eyes. Elizabeth was afraid that he would get himself killed before any attempt at rescuing her would ever come about. By the shouting and rattle of weapons that followed her as she was lifted and carried forcefully out of the room, Elizabeth guessed that the rest of her party had suffered a fate similar to hers.

She had spent the night locked in a foul smelling cell with no food or water and only a rusty bucket in which to relieve herself. Shortly after dawn, a quartet of burly men, that smelled almost as bad as her surroundings, came and brought her to her present location.

Somewhere outside with the sun in her face and the sound of many people at some distance in front of her, Elizabeth tried to make out what the voices were saying. None of them sounded very friendly.

“What are you doing?” she demanded, her voice made scratchy by her dry throat. “Release me, at once.”

Her answer was to be shoved against a wall. Elizabeth's hands made contact with the stone behind her at the same time her head bounced off the rock against which she had come to rest. They had taken her shoes, and her bare toes now dug into the dirt trying to find purchase so she wouldn't fall to the ground. It hadn't rained recently, and her efforts created a little whirlwind of dust that caught in her throat and made her cough. The soles of her feet were tender and bruised from being forced to walk the distance from her cell to where she was now without shoes. Sharp-edged stones and, who knew what else, had cut her feet and left a trail of blood in her wake. Her uniform was soiled and disheveled from the rough handling she had endured, but Elizabeth Weir still pulled herself erect and lifted her chin in defiance.

“My people are going to destroy you if you don't let us go,” she declared in a steady voice.

“Your people are not here, Doctor Weir,” a voice Elizabeth recognized as that of the leader said close to her ear.

She jerked away from him and almost fell. Bracing herself against the wall, Elizabeth continued to defy them. “But they will be. Oh, they will be.”

“But not before it is too late.” As soon as these ominous words were spoken, the man moved away, and Elizabeth could detect movement and several muted voices a distance in front of her.

Before too long, the voices stopped, and there was a moment of stillness.

“Doctor Elizabeth Weir of Atlantis,” the leader's voice called out loudly, “you have been convicted of the crime of resistance for which you will be executed.”

Executed? So that's what this was all about. The blindfold. The wall. A firing squad?

Elizabeth tried harder to scrape the blindfold off, but it was just tied too tight. She turned to run away, but large calloused hands pushed her back into position.

The voice rang out again. “Take aim!”

“Fire on my command!”

“Do it and die!” A louder voice, that was like music to Elizabeth's ears, cut across the yard and everyone fell silent for a heartbeat. Then chaos erupted.

The sound of automatic weapons fire was deafening, and Elizabeth curled herself into a ball on the ground, trying to escape being hit. It was impossible to determine who was shooting whom. She could only wait until it was over to learn her fate and the fate of her team.

Finally, after an interminable length of time, the gunfire stopped. Rough male voices could be heard shouting and cursing, but Elizabeth couldn't distinguish those voices she was so hoping to hear. She curled in on herself, still trying without success to loosen her bonds. The blindfold was as tight as ever, and she could feel the tender skin tearing and bleeding around the ropes that held her hands.

“Elizabeth.” A voice she thought never to hear again spoke close to her ear. “Elizabeth, stop struggling so I can untie you.”

Warm tender hands on her face, pushing the blindfold aside. Painful sunlight that made it hard to keep her eyes open. And that voice again, soothing her and telling her she would be okay. And somehow she knew it was over.

“John?” Barely able to focus, Elizabeth was able to confirm the identity of her rescuer. “You're alive?”

“Very much so, and it looks like I got here just in time.” There was almost a chuckle in his voice. Almost, but not quite.

There was dirt on John's face and blood in a sort of spray pattern on the front of his shirt. “It's not mine,” he said, when her eyes flew up to his in alarm.

John tossed the last of her restraints away and helped her to sit upright, holding her steady with one strong arm around her shoulders. Something burned in his eyes that Elizabeth had never seen there before, making it impossible to look away.

“The rest of the team?”

“All here. Can't you hear Rodney giving everybody who will listen a piece of his mind?”

Elizabeth coughed and managed a small laugh before being content to just look around in wonder at how the captors were now the captives. Willing to wait as long as necessary for details of how that was accomplished, she let her eyes wander back to John's face.

She knew the deceptively casual look in his eye was meant to reassure her, as he looked her over from the bruises on her face to her torn and bleeding feet. “Are you sure you're okay?” The last word came out in a hoarse whisper, full of meaning beyond what had been spoken. Did they put their hands on you? Who else will I have to kill today?

Elizabeth put her hand over John's tightly clenched fist and shook her head, unable to verbalize a denial. He seemed to relax a fraction and was able to move again, for he slid one arm around her back and the other hand under her knees and rose to his feet. Instinctively, she raised her arms and held on tightly to his neck as he settled her more comfortably against him and strode forward.

The crowd parted as they passed. Residents of the planet dropped their eyes in shame or glared in defiance, but no one stepped forward to challenge them. The look in John's eyes would have been enough to stop the most dedicated follower of their recently deposed leader, even if it had not been for the sight of the automatic weapons pointed at them by the other members of the team.

Ronon bent to pick up John's discarded P90 and gestured for the others to precede him toward the Stargate.

“What do you say we go home?” John asked.

“I thought you'd never ask.” Elizabeth relaxed a bit in his arms, feeling truly safe for the first time as Rodney rushed to begin the dialing sequence.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

The lack of Sparky in SGARising is driving me crazy, so I had to indulge a little plot bunny. Instead of rewriting chapter 4 of TBaF.

It was inspired by this song, which is an all time favorite of mine.

It's whumped Elizabeth and hero John. What could be better? Hope you like.

Spoiler:
                            Get Here If You Can

She knew it must be day because of the warmth of the sun on her face, but the tight covering over her eyes made it impossible to know anything more about her environment. They had grabbed her roughly and secured her hands behind her with some sort of scratchy rope before tying a cloth tightly around her head to cover her eyes. The blindfold was so tight she began to see sparks of color, and whenever she moved her head, the few strands of hair that were caught in it pulled against her scalp.

Elizabeth Weir was in trouble. So much trouble. A trip to meet with potential new allies had ended badly when she refused to concede to their unreasonable demands. They wanted a union of leaders between her and the local chief, or chancellor, or whatever he called himself. It seemed to change depending on who was talking. On this planet, evidently, being allies meant a physical joining between this chief and the visiting leader. Needless to say, they didn't seem to have many friends in the Pegasus Galaxy. Too bad someone hadn't thought to tell the 'Lanteans about this little fact before they made the trip.

Of course, Elizabeth had refused him, but no amount of explaining that this just wasn't how things were done where they were from did any good. And now, she was in trouble. So very much trouble.

The last thing she had seen before they dragged her away was the furious face of her second in command. On a good day, John Sheppard was not the most patient man on any planet. On this day, he had murder in his eyes. Elizabeth was afraid that he would get himself killed before any attempt at rescuing her would ever come about. By the shouting and rattle of weapons that followed her as she was lifted and carried forcefully out of the room, Elizabeth guessed that the rest of her party had suffered a fate similar to hers.

She had spent the night locked in a foul smelling cell with no food or water and only a rusty bucket in which to relieve herself. Shortly after dawn, a quartet of burly men, that smelled almost as bad as her surroundings, came and brought her to her present location.

Somewhere outside with the sun in her face and the sound of many people at some distance in front of her, Elizabeth tried to make out what the voices were saying. None of them sounded very friendly.

“What are you doing?” she demanded, her voice made scratchy by her dry throat. “Release me, at once.”

Her answer was to be shoved against a wall. Elizabeth's hands made contact with the stone behind her at the same time her head bounced off the rock against which she had come to rest. They had taken her shoes, and her bare toes now dug into the dirt trying to find purchase so she wouldn't fall to the ground. It hadn't rained recently, and her efforts created a little whirlwind of dust that caught in her throat and made her cough. The soles of her feet were tender and bruised from being forced to walk the distance from her cell to where she was now without shoes. Sharp-edged stones and, who knew what else, had cut her feet and left a trail of blood in her wake. Her uniform was soiled and disheveled from the rough handling she had endured, but Elizabeth Weir still pulled herself erect and lifted her chin in defiance.

“My people are going to destroy you if you don't let us go,” she declared in a steady voice.

“Your people are not here, Doctor Weir,” a voice Elizabeth recognized as that of the leader said close to her ear.

She jerked away from him and almost fell. Bracing herself against the wall, Elizabeth continued to defy them. “But they will be. Oh, they will be.”

“But not before it is too late.” As soon as these ominous words were spoken, the man moved away, and Elizabeth could detect movement and several muted voices a distance in front of her.

Before too long, the voices stopped, and there was a moment of stillness.

“Doctor Elizabeth Weir of Atlantis,” the leader's voice called out loudly, “you have been convicted of the crime of resistance for which you will be executed.”

Executed? So that's what this was all about. The blindfold. The wall. A firing squad?

Elizabeth tried harder to scrape the blindfold off, but it was just tied too tight. She turned to run away, but large calloused hands pushed her back into position.

The voice rang out again. “Take aim!”

“Fire on my command!”

“Do it and die!” A louder voice, that was like music to Elizabeth's ears, cut across the yard and everyone fell silent for a heartbeat. Then chaos erupted.

The sound of automatic weapons fire was deafening, and Elizabeth curled herself into a ball on the ground, trying to escape being hit. It was impossible to determine who was shooting whom. She could only wait until it was over to learn her fate and the fate of her team.

Finally, after an interminable length of time, the gunfire stopped. Rough male voices could be heard shouting and cursing, but Elizabeth couldn't distinguish those voices she was so hoping to hear. She curled in on herself, still trying without success to loosen her bonds. The blindfold was as tight as ever, and she could feel the tender skin tearing and bleeding around the ropes that held her hands.

“Elizabeth.” A voice she thought never to hear again spoke close to her ear. “Elizabeth, stop struggling so I can untie you.”

Warm tender hands on her face, pushing the blindfold aside. Painful sunlight that made it hard to keep her eyes open. And that voice again, soothing her and telling her she would be okay. And somehow she knew it was over.

“John?” Barely able to focus, Elizabeth was able to confirm the identity of her rescuer. “You're alive?”

“Very much so, and it looks like I got here just in time.” There was almost a chuckle in his voice. Almost, but not quite.

There was dirt on John's face and blood in a sort of spray pattern on the front of his shirt. “It's not mine,” he said, when her eyes flew up to his in alarm.

John tossed the last of her restraints away and helped her to sit upright, holding her steady with one strong arm around her shoulders. Something burned in his eyes that Elizabeth had never seen there before, making it impossible to look away.

“The rest of the team?”

“All here. Can't you hear Rodney giving everybody who will listen a piece of his mind?”

Elizabeth coughed and managed a small laugh before being content to just look around in wonder at how the captors were now the captives. Willing to wait as long as necessary for details of how that was accomplished, she let her eyes wander back to John's face.

She knew the deceptively casual look in his eye was meant to reassure her, as he looked her over from the bruises on her face to her torn and bleeding feet. “Are you sure you're okay?” The last word came out in a hoarse whisper, full of meaning beyond what had been spoken. Did they put their hands on you? Who else will I have to kill today?

Elizabeth put her hand over John's tightly clenched fist and shook her head, unable to verbalize a denial. He seemed to relax a fraction and was able to move again, for he slid one arm around her back and the other hand under her knees and rose to his feet. Instinctively, she raised her arms and held on tightly to his neck as he settled her more comfortably against him and strode forward.

The crowd parted as they passed. Residents of the planet dropped their eyes in shame or glared in defiance, but no one stepped forward to challenge them. The look in John's eyes would have been enough to stop the most dedicated follower of their recently deposed leader, even if it had not been for the sight of the automatic weapons pointed at them by the other members of the team.

Ronon bent to pick up John's discarded P90 and gestured for the others to precede him toward the Stargate.

“What do you say we go home?” John asked.

“I thought you'd never ask.” Elizabeth relaxed a bit in his arms, feeling truly safe for the first time as Rodney rushed to begin the dialing sequence.
                            really enjoyed the story. reminded me sort of when john had to rescue 'lizabeth from the evil Commander Kolya in the eye. what was the time period for your story? i'm guess either season 2 or 3?
                            Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 18 July 2011, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Got some last minute Comic-Con shopping done this morning, and I'm still dodging blue screens on my computer. GW running slow isn't helping matters, either. *shudders* SR, your ficlet couldn't have come at a better time! I wish I had a John Sheppard to rescue me.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                              Seeing as nobody else has said it here (yet), let me be the first to raise a glass to Scary Kitty for not only adhering to canon, but adhering to canon that hadn't actually been written yet. This deserves a round of applause *bows in the presence of greatness*

Also, to those who have suffered my beta-ing, I should also point out that I was against the wormhole drive. So not all of my ideas are good ones

I think this is worthy of mention elsewhere, unless someone has already done it?
                              *cackles* Why, thank you!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              LOL I guess they were as eager to get rid of it as us. Of course, being a movie they have to write a story within the confines of the timeframe, so they couldn't do all the dramatic stuff we're doing.

I would have to laugh, though, if this whole time-travel thing gave them the opportunity to stop the Wraith before they started and it was revealed that they 'needed' the Wraith to evolve to curb the Ancients getting out of control or something. A lesson in not screwing with time when given the opportunity *coughBoxofDreamscough*
                              They need the Wraith to keep the Ancients from running amok like their Ori cousins? OMG, I can just imagine the cracktastic snark from John about that!
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

SR Great fic!! Love him carrying her! *sigh*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X