Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    When I first saw that sig (before I knew your feelings towards certain things) I was so confused by that. I just thought "um, oooook". I still want to see that Missing based one.
    But, but, they make such a cute couple There was another name for them but it fell to the power of the noodle

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Everything works okay for me. Have you rebooted lately?
    *sigh* Trust me to have another odd problem. Story of my life......

Thanks for your kind words. We have had a huge amount of traffic on the SGARising website. It was an exciting launch.
    It continues to be. Although the one thing I wonder about is putting a link to the latest chapter posted directly from the main page.

He's just worried that Franibeth and her deceptive ways put them all in danger. Maybe he wanted to kill them all but got overruled. He's not sure they won't sneak back in the dark of night and get up to more mischief. It's not a woobie face. It's a "we probably haven't seen the last of that witch" face. Yeah, that's it.
    Let's hope they haven't. We'll have to see how the rest of the season plays out

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Good morning, happy Screw the Angst Wednesday, everybody!!!

I'm just subbing for SK while she's incommunicado. She can resume the happy Sparky days when she returns! Impossible for me to take her place!

Very happy to see the teaser chapter for RtP, well done, everybody!!!

My cat woke me up two times last night; had I remembered Endeavour was coming home last night, I would've gone outside and listened for the sonic boom. I live near Tampa, so I might've heard it ... Drats. Til next month.

Gateraid -- I have the same problem with the computers here in the PC lab at school. Whenever I type in my password, it always shows the letters and numbers ... so I have to redo it. IDK why it does that; I'm continuously logged in at home, so not an issue there.

My netbook arrives today!

So, just a "what if" idea to throw out on this lovely, humid Screw the Angst Wednesday: how could that tragic scene in "Final Strike" gone differently? Could she have been somewhere else? Could someone have broken her fall?

Any ideas? Plot bunnies???
    I type in one letter now, then hit return if I can see it. Re-booting seems to have little effect - there doesn't appear to be a pattern. The multi-quote still doesn't work properly for me, but if I click on "reply with quote" then copy it and scroll down and paste it into the next one, it works out much the same. That probably didn't make a lot of sense
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      And most importantly of all...

v) The IOA pays the bills.

Some of them, but probably not all of them. I doubt that they'd be paying the military for their contributions of manpower and weaponry, but that's getting a bit off topic. The point is, Atlantis is answerable to Earth, and to various authorities. Presumably their standing orders are the same as those of the SGC - to seek weapons and technology suitable for the defense of Earth.
      sigpic

Comment

whose idea was it (in the Gateverse) to even start up the IOA? they're a bunch of powerhungry hypocrites (as o'neill once called the last Robert Kinsey.)

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          But, but, they make such a cute couple There was another name for them but it fell to the power of the noodle

I type in one letter now, then hit return if I can see it. Re-booting seems to have little effect - there doesn't appear to be a pattern. The multi-quote still doesn't work properly for me, but if I click on "reply with quote" then copy it and scroll down and paste it into the next one, it works out much the same. That probably didn't make a lot of sense
          Please PM me the first part. Inquiring minds need to know!

Well I figured out my multi-quote problem. At work I use Safari but at home I'm using IE. I just started using Safari here at home and the multi-quote is working again. I have no idea why, but that's what worked for me. :shrugs:

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            whose idea was it (in the Gateverse) to even start up the IOA? they're a bunch of powerhungry hypocrites (as o'neill once called the last Robert Kinsey.)
            In one form or another, they've been there since the beginning. Even in season one of SG-1, the equivalent organisation is present. And even back then, they were prodding the leader (Hammond), which is why when they were still pushing that angle eleven years later it was a very tired idea (IMO)

Please PM me the first part. Inquiring minds need to know!
            Done. Although it's not as interesting as it sounds

Well I figured out my multi-quote problem. At work I use Safari but at home I'm using IE. I just started using Safari here at home and the multi-quote is working again. I have no idea why, but that's what worked for me. :shrugs:
            I'll be happy when I get my 'old' computer back (which is actually my new one) and I don't have to copy & paste 'J', and it takes less than eight minutes to get onto the net. And doesn't freeze at every opportunity
            sigpic

Comment

I'll be happy when I get my 'old' computer back (which is actually my new one) and I don't have to copy & paste 'J', and it takes less than eight minutes to get onto the net. And doesn't freeze at every opportunity
              Crappy computers suck!!

Ok, so for the pronunciation of Goa'uld. Is the "Go" part pronounced like "go" or like "goo"?

I watched an episode of Star Trek TNG the other day where Picard, Guinan, Cowan's wife, and the Bajoran woman (yeah, I'm still buzzed) got turned into kids. Can you imagine that happening on Atlantis? I'm picturing the adorableness of 10 year old John and Elizabeth.

Comment

Crappy computers suck!!

Ok, so for the pronunciation of Goa'uld. Is the "Go" part pronounced like "go" or like "goo"?
                It depends on the actor. RDA pronounces it without any a at all, because he is RDA and can do whatever he wants. Colin Cunningham (Davis) pronounces it like Ga-o-a-ald.

I watched an episode of Star Trek TNG the other day where Picard, Guinan, Cowan's wife, and the Bajoran woman (yeah, I'm still buzzed) got turned into kids. Can you imagine that happening on Atlantis? I'm picturing the adorableness of 10 year old John and Elizabeth.
                Rascals? The Bajoran woman is Ro Laren, and Chief O'Brien's missus is Keiko. I didn't realise til the other day that there is a science correspondent called Miles O'Brien. I wonder if Chief O'Brien was named after him as an in-joke, or if that was simply a massive coincidence?

I can imagine Rodney as a ten year old - frankly it's not that much of a stretch for him. Shep would probably pull Lizzie's hair because he was trying to get her attention
                sigpic

Comment

What's the correct pronunciation of Goa'uld anyway? Everyone says it differently.
                  The correct pronunciation of Goa'uld - I doubt it exists.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

It continues to be. Although the one thing I wonder about is putting a link to the latest chapter posted directly from the main page.
                    We're working on that.

I can imagine Rodney as a ten year old - frankly it's not that much of a stretch for him.

Shep would probably pull Lizzie's hair because he was trying to get her attention
                    Didn't Erin87 actually do a bit of fanart along those lines? A pint-sized John whistling innocently while pulling a pint-sized Lizzeh's pigtails? So. Cute.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    *cracks up* Somehow, I doubt that, too.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Multi-quote never works when I'm on at home. Grrr.

FH - glad you had fun on your trip!

What's the correct pronunciation of Goa'uld anyway? Everyone says it differently.

Crap, I've already forgotten what I wanted to reply to. Too much wine.

Another great chapter of Atlantis Rising!! Woo Hoo!! It was really nice to see Carson. And the part from Rodney's POV cracked me up.
                      Yes, that is indeed a mystery. Overall I noticed I think 3 forms of pronunciation.

Gould, Goa-oold, and Gwa-oold

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

We're working on that.

Didn't Erin87 actually do a bit of fanart along those lines? A pint-sized John whistling innocently while pulling a pint-sized Lizzeh's pigtails? So. Cute.

*cracks up* Somehow, I doubt that, too.
                      I did indeed.

Spoiler:
                      sigpic
                      Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                        Yep, that's the one! Squee! They're so adorable!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

LOL @ the drawing - CUTE!

Comment

I finally got around to watching Stonehenge Apocalypse. That was crack, but it was fun crack. And Torri's all over the place accent was funny. Now I understand what I've heard her talk about in cons. Hey, I was just happy that she survived to the end!

"It was a robot head!"

Torri finally got to experience the horrors of Hazmat suits! Oh, and the director of the movie also directed The Real World. *squishes him*

It depends on the actor. RDA pronounces it without any a at all, because he is RDA and can do whatever he wants. Colin Cunningham (Davis) pronounces it like Ga-o-a-ald.

Rascals? The Bajoran woman is Ro Laren, and Chief O'Brien's missus is Keiko. I didn't realise til the other day that there is a science correspondent called Miles O'Brien. I wonder if Chief O'Brien was named after him as an in-joke, or if that was simply a massive coincidence?

I can imagine Rodney as a ten year old - frankly it's not that much of a stretch for him. Shep would probably pull Lizzie's hair because he was trying to get her attention
                            Thank you! That's the one I was thinking about. Yeah, Rodney's not far from a 10 year old mentality.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Even in Critical Mass, Elizabeth says it 2 different ways.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                            Yes, that is indeed a mystery. Overall I noticed I think 3 forms of pronunciation.

Gould, Goa-oold, and Gwa-oold

I did indeed.

Spoiler:
                            Sweet!!! That's so cute!!

I think turning them all into kids would be adorable. The TNG show had them retain their adult selves, but I think turning them into kids mentally would be way more fun.

Comment

Has there been thought about opening a Rising thread on GW?

Or are we waiting a little longer with that? Or don't open one at all?

Comment

I think what baffled me the most about "Goa'uld" is that while "Gould" was a shorthand that the Tauri used, the Goa'uld themselves seemed to alternate between "Gwa-oold" and "Goa'uld."
                                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                                X