Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    Hello here!

I don't remember the last I was here. I just want to say congratulations for the first chapter of season 6. You're doing an amazing job.
    Thanks. It sneaked out a day early. I'm calling it a sneak preview. LOL

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
    Happy Memorial day and...Rising Eve?

Heres something I just cooked up for a challenge I thought I'd share.

Spoiler:
    Elizabeth never joined the missions but since John was in trouble, she had to make an exception. As Rodney, Teyla and Ronon dealt with the violent inhabitants of this planet, she went from room to room searching where John was being held. Door after door, she became frustrated at each empty room.

Finally she came to a door at the hall. She put her hand on the knob and realized the door was locked. John was in there.

“John it’s me,” She yelled, “hold tight I’ll get you out of here!”

Elizabeth raised the gun with shaking hands and shot at the door knob until it was nothing left but a hole, allowing easy access. She dropped the gun at the sight in front of her. John was bound to a large beam in the room. A white cloth tied around his mouth preventing his speech. His face was riddled with cuts and bruises. His head hung limply

“Oh John,” she said quietly as she sprinted over to him. She knelt at his side and tugged the cloth from his lips. Tears were falling down her eyes, praying it wasn’t too late. “John, it’s Elizabeth,” She said lightly tapping the side of his face hoping she could wake him. No avail, he still didn’t stir. Tears were falling down her face. “Please wake up.”

A slight groan left his lips.

“John?” she whispered taking his face in her hands.

“John can’t hear you right now,” he whispered hoarsely as a weak smile began to form on his face, “he will only wake up if you kiss him.”

Elizabeth’s faced formed into the familiar expression when she found herself reprimanding the people of her expedition.

“You idiot,” she said with a cracking voice before gently kissing him on the lips, “always loving to joke around with me.”

She found herself clinging onto him tightly, cradling his head against her shoulder and closing her eyes inhaling his scent. She ran her hand through his dark hair. It was her way of telling herself he was going to be just fine.

“Weir this is McKay,” A voice echoed through her earpiece, “what’s your status?”

Still finding a way to hang on, she tapped her earpiece.

“Rodney,” she answered, “I found him.”
    That was a great scene. John can joke even in the worst situation.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      That was a great scene. John can joke even in the worst situation.
      At the same time relieve others with his jokes....this is why we (including Elizabeth) Love you John Sheppard.
      BALCONIES
      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
      sigpic

Comment

Hi everybody. What a great surprise - "sneak peak" of Episode 1. *bounces around*

That was great. Everyone was perfectly in character.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
          Happy Memorial day and...Rising Eve?

Heres something I just cooked up for a challenge I thought I'd share.

Spoiler:
          Elizabeth never joined the missions but since John was in trouble, she had to make an exception. As Rodney, Teyla and Ronon dealt with the violent inhabitants of this planet, she went from room to room searching where John was being held. Door after door, she became frustrated at each empty room.

Finally she came to a door at the hall. She put her hand on the knob and realized the door was locked. John was in there.

“John it’s me,” She yelled, “hold tight I’ll get you out of here!”

Elizabeth raised the gun with shaking hands and shot at the door knob until it was nothing left but a hole, allowing easy access. She dropped the gun at the sight in front of her. John was bound to a large beam in the room. A white cloth tied around his mouth preventing his speech. His face was riddled with cuts and bruises. His head hung limply

“Oh John,” she said quietly as she sprinted over to him. She knelt at his side and tugged the cloth from his lips. Tears were falling down her eyes, praying it wasn’t too late. “John, it’s Elizabeth,” She said lightly tapping the side of his face hoping she could wake him. No avail, he still didn’t stir. Tears were falling down her face. “Please wake up.”

A slight groan left his lips.

“John?” she whispered taking his face in her hands.

“John can’t hear you right now,” he whispered hoarsely as a weak smile began to form on his face, “he will only wake up if you kiss him.”

Elizabeth’s faced formed into the familiar expression when she found herself reprimanding the people of her expedition.

“You idiot,” she said with a cracking voice before gently kissing him on the lips, “always loving to joke around with me.”

She found herself clinging onto him tightly, cradling his head against her shoulder and closing her eyes inhaling his scent. She ran her hand through his dark hair. It was her way of telling herself he was going to be just fine.

“Weir this is McKay,” A voice echoed through her earpiece, “what’s your status?”

Still finding a way to hang on, she tapped her earpiece.

“Rodney,” she answered, “I found him.”
          That was quite good! Nice job!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Hi everybody. What a great surprise - "sneak peak" of Episode 1. *bounces around*

Am I wronmg or did that sneak peak get out earlier than it was supposed to??
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              Am I wronmg or did that sneak peak get out earlier than it was supposed to??
              Yup. It was supposed to start tomorrow. I'm not complaining, though!

Comment

Okay read "Sneak Preview" and i gotta say, well done. you guys are certainly started off with a bang. i tip my hat in your guys honor. you guys kept to canon very nicely.
                Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 30 May 2011, 12:56 PM.

Comment

That was quite good! Nice job!
                  Thank you dear!!
                  BALCONIES
                  The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    Okay read "Sneak Preview" and i gotta say, well done. you guys are certainly started off with a bang. i tip my hat in your guys honor. you guys kept to canon very nicely.
                    Thanks guys. Eri will be tickled when she gets back and hears that everyone likes it. There was quite a bit of traffic on the site today also.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys. Eri will be tickled when she gets back and hears that everyone likes it. There was quite a bit of traffic on the site today also.
                      Reading that is just like seeing old friends again. So exciting! I was just there and had plenty of company.
                      sigpic
                      sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Will it be open for comments after the whole episode is posted? I was surprised there wasn't a place to add comments. I added one to the writer's blog but I don't know if everyone would have gone to that effort.

The traffic numbers looked impressive. It was in the 70s when I was there. That seems pretty damned awesome.

Oh, and to Eri I had a specific comment. I really loved the opening scene. It was reminiscent of a book/TV show with opening up on the outside perspective. I thought that was very cleverly done.

Random Sparky pic

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                          Reading that is just like seeing old friends again. So exciting! I was just there and had plenty of company.
                          Will it be open for comments after the whole episode is posted? I was surprised there wasn't a place to add comments. I added one to the writer's blog but I don't know if everyone would have gone to that effort.

The traffic numbers looked impressive. It was in the 70s when I was there. That seems pretty damned awesome.

Oh, and to Eri I had a specific comment. I really loved the opening scene. It was reminiscent of a book/TV show with opening up on the outside perspective. I thought that was very cleverly done.

Random Sparky pic
                          http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...l_314_1667.JPG
                          Thanks to both of you. We've talked about opening it for comments, but I'm not sure when that will happen.
                          sigpic

Comment

so even though chapter 1 was released a day early will we get chapter 2 today or whats the schedule going to be like when releasing chapters?

Comment

Random Sparky pic
                              http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...l_314_1667.JPG
                              Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              so even though chapter 1 was released a day early will we get chapter 2 today or whats the schedule going to be like when releasing chapters?
                              Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                              Hey guys--thanks for the nice words. Sorry for the confusion about the publication--all the admins have to hammer out a hard schedule and convey that to our webmaster so we're all on the same page.

JT, thanks! I felt like there needed to be a 'non-cast' opening to the story, to set up the frame a little bit and pull readers into the sci-fi aspect rather than straight into Atlantis. Plus, it gave us a nice feel for the desperation being felt in Pegasus and the reasons why a few more events will happen as they happen down the road. I'm glad you liked it...it was one of the few areas where the imagery could get really descriptive, so I enjoyed writing it.

LTCJS: We won't be releasing chapters everyday. For one thing the 'chapters' are anywhere from 20-30 pages long in some places, so we wanted to give readers time to read them, and we are still building episodes, so we need time to do that as well. In truth, the chapters are more like commercial-to-commercial episode segments, so expect a lot of scenes within them. Take your time to read and enjoy them.
                              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                                LTCJS: We won't be releasing chapters everyday. For one thing the 'chapters' are anywhere from 20-30 pages long in some places, so we wanted to give readers time to read them, and we are still building episodes, so we need time to do that as well. In truth, the chapters are more like commercial-to-commercial episode segments, so expect a lot of scenes within them. Take your time to read and enjoy them.
                                That's what I figured. So each chapter is like act. And there are usually 5 acts in a stargate episode. So does that mean that each episode will be 5 chapters long or in case of a two part episode like Return to Pegasus, Primus Movens and the Lost city, they will be longer in length?

Comment

Working...
                                X