Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    *fic bunnies push Shipper out of her chair, only to realize the bunny on the screen is digital*

Great. They've now started a petition for me to go buy them a girl bunny. Way to go, people. LOL
    Hmm, seems you spoke too soon about getting twitterpated.

SQUEE!!!
    Spoiler:
    Ronan is a frickin' prince?! That's so stinkin' awesome!!! And I'm side-shipping and hoping that Kate/Marcus will start making progress, excepting meaningful stares.

Oh, I'm a happy girl!
    OMG, I know!
    Spoiler:
    And as one of the authors noted in a comment to me, this means that our darling Ronon will outrank everyone except Elizabeth. The protocol comedy will be epic!

And OT about "Change of Plans":
    Spoiler:
    They will only be available online, it seems. The DVD and Bluray are still on back order at Walmartdotcom, but will be released on April 26th. The release also includes a copy of the soundtrack, and I heard that the whole cast sings in one of the songs. Heeheehee!!!
    That's nuts! They've got to have it in stores to catch all the people who don't shop online! Those silly Walmart gits.

And the whole cast sings? I wonder if Joe paid off someone to make sure his mic was off so his voice didn't get recorded. Since, you know, he thinks his singing sucks.

Okay, I swear I'm leavin' now ... Have a good night, nobody do anything crazy, okay?
    Night? It's only just before 2:30 in the afternoon here in California! (though it appears GW's clock is slow again... by about 10 minutes. ) LOL!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*places a saucer of sugar in front of the Lemming and hands tissues to FH*

Sorry, hon, hope you feel better soon! Maybe it's just the 24 hour bug ...
      It's definitely not a 24-hour thing. It started on tuesday... just have to be patient, and in the meantime tie a tissue underneath my nose.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        A certain novel indicates that Teyla would have been up for it but Rodney missed his chance. LOL
        I know the circumstances were a little different, but Rodney didn't think he should be looking 'down there' at all, which should have been a big clue to the writer

Honey, my Bat-stuff is all over every closet in this house. Don't get Mr. SR started on how little space he has for his Bat-stuff.
        I see the story is the same regardless of the setting

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        I've got the Sparky Mint Jar packed away in my closet (until I can find a suitable display case that I like). Does that count?
        Sure does. It's kinda appropriate too

Hard to kill, I say. Interestingly, it has an effect similar to intoxication, as well as one similar to a cold. I've been through nearly a whole roll of bog roll (for tissues). It's kinda like that ep of Smallville where Clark drank Kryptonite/meteor rock and it leaked out of him. All better now though
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          I know the circumstances were a little different, but Rodney didn't think he should be looking 'down there' at all, which should have been a big clue to the writer
          *snerks*

Indeed.

Hard to kill, I say. Interestingly, it has an effect similar to intoxication, as well as one similar to a cold. I've been through nearly a whole roll of bog roll (for tissues). It's kinda like that ep of Smallville where Clark drank Kryptonite/meteor rock and it leaked out of him. All better now though
          Take care of yourself, buddy. That's one scary accident! *hugs*

The Smallville comparison is rather amusing, however.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Remember the Titans is on TV. I bet both John and Elizabeth would love that movie. sparky_ruffle3.gif

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
            I just came across a great Sparky Series and here's my favorite from the set. But umm to abide by the rules of Gate World I must warn you it is not for kids. Any squeeing over it must be desecrite:

http://muppetmanda.livejournal.com/12061.html
            Whoa, no no no that's just so wrong. You scare me, TLM

Your mock transcript reminded me of the scene in her office from Return I when John was sitting with his feet up on her desk and then talked about "sitting on your couch eating your Cheetos". That had a very "man of the house" vibe I thought. Plus the way he kept looking at Elizabeth during that whole scene was just so husbandly.
            Yeah he certainly kept his eyes on her. But then, he usually did.

Pookie?!? LMAO!
            I stole the pookie thing from hihoplastic's Epic John/Elizabeth post.

This one is probably more your speed: Cake or Death? Cracktastic fun at hand!
            Ah, now that's more like it!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            *ATCHOU*

The Lemming has a cold... go figure, just when spring is being so nice and giving us an early summer.

Aw, you had to go there, didn't you...

No offence to anyone liking Teyla/Rodney but it's one of the pairings that I unfortunately can't see at all... even as a multishipper.
            Aww, poor little lemming! Hope you feel better soon. Here's a bowl of sugar for you: sugar.jpg

And yes, sorry, I had to go there. I don't like that pairing at all either. Just had to take a subtle dig at those certain authors who think it's possible.

I have a cold-like condition at the moment too. FYI, don't drink petrol, even if it is accidental
            Whoa! I'm glad you're alright.

*fic bunnies push Shipper out of her chair, only to realize the bunny on the screen is digital*

Great. They've now started a petition for me to go buy them a girl bunny. Way to go, people. LOL

SQUEE!!!
            Spoiler:
            Ronan is a frickin' prince?! That's so stinkin' awesome!!! And I'm side-shipping and hoping that Kate/Marcus will start making progress, excepting meaningful stares.

Oh, I'm a happy girl!

And OT about "Change of Plans":
            Spoiler:
            They will only be available online, it seems. The DVD and Bluray are still on back order at Walmartdotcom, but will be released on April 26th. The release also includes a copy of the soundtrack, and I heard that the whole cast sings in one of the songs. Heeheehee!!!

Okay, I swear I'm leavin' now ... Have a good night, nobody do anything crazy, okay?
            LOL!

And yeah... Ren talk
            Spoiler:
            Ronon's intro was so awesome! The canon parallels were perfect. And Ronon being a prince means he can hook up with Teyla.

Comment

I see the story is the same regardless of the setting

I don't know which scares me most, your accident or the fact that you watch Smallville. I thought that was a girl thing. Or do I misjudge? Feel free to slap me.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                Yeah he certainly kept his eyes on her. But then, he usually did.
                Ohhh yeah.

I stole the pookie thing from hihoplastic's Epic John/Elizabeth post.
                Heehee! That's some funny stuff!

And yeah... Ren talk
                Spoiler:
                Ronon's intro was so awesome! The canon parallels were perfect. And Ronon being a prince means he can hook up with Teyla.
                Speaking of Ren... Part 2 of With Fire and Sword is now online! *runs to read*

I don't know which scares me most, your accident or the fact that you watch Smallville. I thought that was a girl thing. Or do I misjudge? Feel free to slap me.
                Hey! I watch Smallville! Oh wait, I'm a girl.

Comment

*snerks*

Indeed.

Take care of yourself, buddy. That's one scary accident! *hugs*

The Smallville comparison is rather amusing, however.
                  I thought you might appreciate that

Nope, it's definitely a girl's show. I watched the first season (which was on in primetime, surprisingly), but after that I only watched the odd ep, mostly due to the lack of good tv on a friday night here. I think I've seen maybe two eps since s5? When they move a show past 8.30pm it's usually a killer for me, unless it's really good. House is on at 8.30pm and I still can't be bothered watching for an entire hour, so I haven't seen any of the current season

Ohhh yeah.

Heehee! That's some funny stuff!

Speaking of Ren... Part 2 of With Fire and Sword is now online! *runs to read*

Hey! I watch Smallville! Oh wait, I'm a girl.
                  That's how I keep up with it, via your updates. Although I don't understand half of it I shouldn't be surprised though, I haven't read any of the comics
                  sigpic

Comment

Hmm, seems you spoke too soon about getting twitterpated.
                    Yup. Stinkin' bunnies.

OMG, I know!
                    Spoiler:
                    And as one of the authors noted in a comment to me, this means that our darling Ronon will outrank everyone except Elizabeth. The protocol comedy will be epic!
                    Talk about role reversal! LOL

That's nuts! They've got to have it in stores to catch all the people who don't shop online! Those silly Walmart gits.

And the whole cast sings? I wonder if Joe paid off someone to make sure his mic was off so his voice didn't get recorded. Since, you know, he thinks his singing sucks.
                    I would've paid someone to turn it back on.

Night? It's only just before 2:30 in the afternoon here in California! (though it appears GW's clock is slow again... by about 10 minutes. ) LOL!
                    Well, I posted that about 5 o'clock or so, and I was heading to the mall with a friend for the evening. Didn't even buy anything except some food and a pocket size Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar hand sanitizer. I'm pathetic. And broke.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    It's definitely not a 24-hour thing. It started on tuesday... just have to be patient, and in the meantime tie a tissue underneath my nose.
                    Just stick it in the nostril. Studies show it works better, LOL! Well, hope you feel better soon. My mom and sister are both battling a cold, and I'm desperately trying not to catch it ...

And yeah... Ren talk
                    Spoiler:
                    That's kind of the hint I caught from reading this chapter ... like they were trying to light a fire there ... As I recall, she doesn't have a romantic interest, does she???

Comment

Okay, present for everyone here, to make up for my lack of fics:

Comment

I thought you might appreciate that

Nope, it's definitely a girl's show. I watched the first season (which was on in primetime, surprisingly), but after that I only watched the odd ep, mostly due to the lack of good tv on a friday night here. I think I've seen maybe two eps since s5? When they move a show past 8.30pm it's usually a killer for me, unless it's really good. House is on at 8.30pm and I still can't be bothered watching for an entire hour, so I haven't seen any of the current season

That's how I keep up with it, via your updates. Although I don't understand half of it I shouldn't be surprised though, I haven't read any of the comics
                        Heck, I haven't read the comics in years, though I've kinda sorta kept up with storylines via online discussions. Good times. This is shaping up to be one helluva series finale, though. Probably gonna blow SGA's Enemy at the Gate outta the water, that's for sure.

I would've paid someone to turn it back on.
                        You and me both. I don't care how badly he sings! I still wanna hear his voice!

That's kind of the hint I caught from reading this chapter ... like they were trying to light a fire there ... As I recall, she doesn't have a romantic interest, does she???
                        Not currently, no.
                        Spoiler:
                        She did apparently have a brief liaison with Lorne (before he became captain of the royal guard), but there's no one at the moment. And judging from Part 2, it seems she's still thinking about him. Heehee.

ETA: "Him" of course, referring to Prince Ronon.

Okay, present for everyone here, to make up for my lack of fics:

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...lgkiss42-1.jpg
                        Interestingly enough, that's rather fitting for some of John and Elizabeth's activities in Part 2 of the current Ren fic.
                        Last edited by Scary Kitty; 21 April 2011, 07:52 PM.

Comment

You and me both. I don't care how badly he sings! I still wanna hear his voice!

Not currently, no.
                          Spoiler:
                          She did apparently have a brief liaison with Lorne (before he became captain of the royal guard), but there's no one at the moment. And judging from Part 2, it seems she's still thinking about him. Heehee.
                          Oh yeah, I forgot about that!

Interestingly enough, that's rather fitting for some of John and Elizabeth's activities in Part 2 of the current Ren fic.
                          *beams*

Well, off to bed. And by that, I mean, changing into pajamas and sitting in front of my laptop, trying to write whilst kicking the fic bunnies off BunnyMatch.com.

Night.

Comment

Wait Joe sings in Change of Plans.......After I saw that video of Joe singing I have one thing to say....Oh god
                            BALCONIES
                            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot about that!
                              Yeah, there's a lot to remember in this one.

*beams*
                              Ohhh yeah. Good times. Frustrating, but good.

Well, off to bed. And by that, I mean, changing into pajamas and sitting in front of my laptop, trying to write whilst kicking the fic bunnies off BunnyMatch.com.

Night.
                              LOL! You and me both!

Nighty-night and pleasant Sparky dreams!

Comment

hey spark-ites. just letting you know that i've havent dropped off the face of the planet. just been busy with rl.

Comment

Working...
                                X