No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it also had to deal with the replicators and there's a nice John/Rodney Scene and Rodney Mentions Elizabeth and they were both blaming themselves for what was going on with the replicators.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      it also had to deal with the replicators and there's a nice John/Rodney Scene and Rodney Mentions Elizabeth and they were both blaming themselves for what was going on with the replicators.
      Oh yeah, that's right. Well, they should blame themselves. (I'm in a grouchy mood today, apparently).

A good place for an Elizabeth mention in Doppelganger would have been in John's nightmare. That would have been an excellent way for the entity to torture John. But I suppose we should just be grateful for the one mention.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Oh yeah, that's right. Well, they should blame themselves. (I'm in a grouchy mood today, apparently).

A good place for an Elizabeth mention in Doppelganger would have been in John's nightmare. That would have been an excellent way for the entity to torture John. But I suppose we should just be grateful for the one mention.
        True and from what I heard, we have JF to be thankful for even that much.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          True and from what I heard, we have JF to be thankful for even that much.
          ::Hugs JF!:: sparky_ruffle3.gif

Comment

Whoo hoo! Happy 108,000 posts, Sparkies!

And Atlantis celebrates...

Spoiler:

: So, how long do you think it's going to take them to reach the big 110,000?
            : No pressure, John.
            : There's always pressure. End of April, maybe?
            : It's gonna explode when they finally get Atlantis Rising started.
            : I think it will do more than just explode.
            (casting note: Caldwell is being played by the Hammond smiley today): The way this place operates, the excitement would probably recharge all of the city's ZPMs at once.
            : You think so?

More spoilers.

Spoiler:
            Check this out if you dare. Rodney is toast. It will be interesting to see how the Rodney fans react to this.
            Spoiler:
            That is just so wrong, on so many levels. I met a really awesome couple from Michigan (I think) at the Propworx auction party a couple of weeks ago; the wife is a HUGE Rodney fan. Love love loves him. If she ever finds out about this, I suspect she'd go nuclear in a way that'll make the problems in Japan look like a mere fart after eating too much chili. The Rodney fans are gonna be PISSED.

God only knows what compelled those authors to do anything they have done. The more I hear, the weirder it gets. Maybe it's an early April Fool's joke.
            *snerks* One can only hope.

Oops, forgot to respond to this one. I agree with you. Honestly, Reunion bugs the everloving *bleep* out of me so I don't even want to look at stills of it. Ok this is only vaguely on topic so I'll put it behind spoiler tags.
            Spoiler:
            1. Rodney being gleeful about the possibility of taking Elizabeth's job. This is not my Rodney. He loved Elizabeth in his way.
            2. Sam being out on Elizabeth's balcony.
            3. Sam reciting Elizabeth's argument from Rising (and the utter hypocrisy of that is astounding, remembering her scene with Elizabeth in SG-1, in whatever episode that was... I only watched it to see Torri)
            4. John accepting Sam's argument.
            5. Sam going on the mission.

I'm glad that scene with John was there. Even though it annoys me, I would be even MORE annoyed if it hadn't happened. Thank you, JF.
            To add to that list,
            Spoiler:
            6. Sam not even mentioning Elizabeth in her "Hi, I'm your new boss!" speech when she arrives on Atlantis. Even a general reference to "losses that you have suffered recently" (since a few other people did die on Atlantis during "Adrift," so it wasn't just Elizabeth they lost) would've been appropriate. But noooo, they had to go with more bad writing that made Sam look petty. That really irritated me, because with all the losses Sam has faced herself (not to mention her own tangling with the Milky Way Replicators), I thought it was out of character for her to not be more sympathetic.

And always: In Joe Flanigan We Trust.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Ah, damn it... my bloody computer just restarted and lost my post...

Frak that!

Anyway...

@Probie - Don't worry, I'll let you know!

@SR - FRAK! What the frell?!? Seriously?!?

Book spoiler response:

Spoiler:
              In case this is an early April Fool's joke - it's done in bad taste. I don't like Rodney much, but this is something that his character doesn't deserve. And what the hell - I bet that he's the kind of guy who rather dies than to feed on any human being as a Wraith. He may be a coward 3/4 of the time, and even then... but he has his heart in the right place, and a brain that isn't just about the science. Seriously, this is Rodney we're talking about, right?

Seriously - this is so not funny... this is downright wrong and befitting a fanfic... oh wait... nevermind...

@Eri13 - cool that we'll be revisiting that surgery of The Queen. That is truly awesome. TPTB sure did nothing with it. Ronon as a drone... well, he's got the muscle and the grunt for it.
              But I agree with what everyone else is saying about John. I doubt he'd go for it but it would be a sweet call-back to what happened with the Iratus bug and his transformation.

@JT-2 - spam away!

To whomever used coinkydink in their post - I LOVE that word. It's a giggly word.

To all - congrats on making 108K posts!
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Spoiler:
                That is just so wrong, on so many levels. I met a really awesome couple from Michigan (I think) at the Propworx auction party a couple of weeks ago; the wife is a HUGE Rodney fan. Love love loves him. If she ever finds out about this, I suspect she'd go nuclear in a way that'll make the problems in Japan look like a mere fart after eating too much chili. The Rodney fans are gonna be PISSED.
                So who's gonna tell 'em? They probably won't believe it. And it sounds like he
                Spoiler:
                either won't want to come back with them and/or when they do rescue him they can't get him all the way back to human. That's the 3rd book, of course. WTF?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Ah, damn it... my bloody computer just restarted and lost my post...

Frak that!

Anyway...

@Probie - Don't worry, I'll let you know!

@SR - FRAK! What the frell?!? Seriously?!?

Book spoiler response:

Spoiler:
                In case this is an early April Fool's joke - it's done in bad taste. I don't like Rodney much, but this is something that his character doesn't deserve. And what the hell - I bet that he's the kind of guy who rather dies than to feed on any human being as a Wraith. He may be a coward 3/4 of the time, and even then... but he has his heart in the right place, and a brain that isn't just about the science. Seriously, this is Rodney we're talking about, right?

Seriously - this is so not funny... this is downright wrong and befitting a fanfic... oh wait... nevermind...

@Eri13 - cool that we'll be revisiting that surgery of The Queen. That is truly awesome. TPTB sure did nothing with it. Ronon as a drone... well, he's got the muscle and the grunt for it.
                But I agree with what everyone else is saying about John. I doubt he'd go for it but it would be a sweet call-back to what happened with the Iratus bug and his transformation.

@JT-2 - spam away!

To whomever used coinkydink in their post - I LOVE that word. It's a giggly word.

Yeah, we all know John hates those bugs, but it will be fun to see his reaction to Ronon as a Wraith drone.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Yeah, we all know John hates those bugs, but it will be fun to see his reaction to Ronon as a Wraith drone.
                  Ronon's going to have a few more reasons to kick his butt in training next time...
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So who's gonna tell 'em? They probably won't believe it. And it sounds like he
                    Spoiler:
                    either won't want to come back with them and/or when they do rescue him they can't get him all the way back to human. That's the 3rd book, of course. WTF?
                    Indeed. It's like you said yourself, that it sounds more like a bad April Fools' joke.

LOL! I will be soooo looking forward to that!

Ronon's going to have a few more reasons to kick his butt in training next time...
                    And I'll be looking forward to that, too! This is gonna be waaaay too much fun!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oooooh, that was me! I hadn't used that word in quite a while - it was fun to bring it back out.

And CONGRATS everyone on making 108K happen - WOOTY WOOT WOOT WOOT with a side of awesomesauce!
                      sigpic
                      Signature by Erin87

Comment

Ronon Ass Kicking? I like PS. Johns hatred to bugs is percisely why I am having Kolya torture him with one in my crossover....pre Sparky take 2!
                        BALCONIES
                        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          To add to that list,
                          Spoiler:
                          6. Sam not even mentioning Elizabeth in her "Hi, I'm your new boss!" speech when she arrives on Atlantis. Even a general reference to "losses that you have suffered recently" (since a few other people did die on Atlantis during "Adrift," so it wasn't just Elizabeth they lost) would've been appropriate. But noooo, they had to go with more bad writing that made Sam look petty. That really irritated me, because with all the losses Sam has faced herself (not to mention her own tangling with the Milky Way Replicators), I thought it was out of character for her to not be more sympathetic.

And always: In Joe Flanigan We Trust.
                          Yeah, well, look who wrote that ep. That says it all.

Anybody have a happy or funny fic to rec? I'm still grouchy and need something to make me smile. Please?

EDIT - or smutty

Comment

Yeah, well, look who wrote that ep. That says it all.

Anybody have a happy or funny fic to rec? I'm still grouchy and need something to make me smile. Please?

EDIT - or smutty
                            I wrote this a while ago:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6648233/..._on_Prom_Night
                            BALCONIES
                            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosemary Weir22 View Post
                              I'm just glad I ain't the only one! Whoo hoo! I love Sparky..... It's so obvious I mean we could easily see Sam/Jack, so we can easily see John/Elizabeth!
                              Welcome to the Sparky thread!!!

... And frell it all, RL made me miss the big 108,000!!!

But we got there!!!

*scours her PhotoBucket account for a good Sparky fic pic*

Eeh, it'll do.

Spoiler:

: Hey, 'Lizabeth. So I heard the Sparky thread made it to 108,000 posts.

: Really? Already? They're a very motivated group of people ...

: Yeeeah ... I mighta bribed them.

: With what?!

: Umm, you know that supply closet we found last week?

... And back to RL for me ...

Comment

Oh, and my contribution to Happy Smut! Tuesday:

I know. I'm cheap.

Comment

Working...
                                X