No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a bit of a distraction... I found the model of iPad 2 I wanted at my local Best Buy. Muahahahah, sorry Apple, I just canceled my order. Gotta say, the SGA pilot looks beautiful on that cute little screen!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I just completely lost 2 hours reading RTP. Everyone is so in character I can just picture it in my head. I want to just squish Woolsey. He's so cute in a certain situation.

Here's hoping Eri doesn't hate me when I finish with my virtual red pen. But I will confess to getting lost in the plot and completely forgetting to use my teacher eye. First I'm reading it through to see what pops and then I'll go back and look at it again with more of a critical eye. Taking a well-deserved break right now, though.
    I know, isn't it awesome? And yes, Woolsey's adorkable.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Woohoo! Good stuff...I've just gone through a preliminary outline for "Trust", so episode three is on the brainstorming block. The outline for this one was MUCH easier than RTP, so hopefully the writing will be as well.
    Excellent! I'm hoping to have RtP 2 ready to send to the betas at the beginning of next week... Now let's see if I can actually make that deadline.

*heads back to the writing desk*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Excellent! I'm hoping to have RtP 2 ready to send to the betas at the beginning of next week... Now let's see if I can actually make that deadline.
      Mmm... good luck!
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This is me, showing my support of SGARising!
        AddEmoticons00930.gif

Comment

Hey Sparky fans I need help brain storm a Sparky story for a bunny exchange would anyone like to help VIA PM?
          BALCONIES
          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
          sigpic

Comment

I need to go to sleep now - it's 2am.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Just had a bit of a distraction... I found the model of iPad 2 I wanted at my local Best Buy. Muahahahah, sorry Apple, I just canceled my order. Gotta say, the SGA pilot looks beautiful on that cute little screen!

I'm jealous of your iPad 2. Every time I get a piece of technology, a new version comes out the next month. I'm pigging out on the free iBooks. Just finished The Last of the Mohicans.

Yipes, the first 2 eps will be ready very close together. Not much more waiting, fans.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I love my Ipad!!
                BALCONIES
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Mmm... good luck!
                  Heeheehee!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  This is me, showing my support of SGARising!
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]29480[/ATTACH]
                  Awwww, that's a cute kitty!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  I need to go to sleep now - it's 2am.
                  Nighty-night, FH, and have pleasant dreams about Kate and Teyla!

I'm jealous of your iPad 2. Every time I get a piece of technology, a new version comes out the next month. I'm pigging out on the free iBooks. Just finished The Last of the Mohicans.

Yipes, the first 2 eps will be ready very close together. Not much more waiting, fans.
                  I so need to check out the free iBooks; I've been looking at the free Nook ebooks with the Nook app. Is yummies!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm lazy. I've read most of the pages, but most things have been commented on and moved on from, with no need for me to comment further

I just completely lost 2 hours reading RTP. Everyone is so in character I can just picture it in my head. I want to just squish Woolsey. He's so cute in a certain situation.
                    Aren't they? And re Woolsey, if it's the situation I'm thinking of, my comment was he is such a doofus. Unless it was the other one, in which case I did a hearty belly laugh

Here's hoping Eri doesn't hate me when I finish with my virtual red pen. But I will confess to getting lost in the plot and completely forgetting to use my teacher eye. First I'm reading it through to see what pops and then I'll go back and look at it again with more of a critical eye. Taking a well-deserved break right now, though.
                    So I did all that work for nothing...just kidding. I don't use St. Martin's, just mostly by brain and a million years grading papers. So, it's all good. And if you disagree with any of my suggestions, just ignore me. It probably won't be noticed by anyone except me and any other old English teachers.
                    It'd be nice if I had some finished work to send you. I know I could do with some grammatical advice. There's a few things I do out of habit which I know are wrong, yet can't seem to correct. Plenty of time though, I'm not dead yet

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                    Woohoo! Good stuff...I've just gone through a preliminary outline for "Trust", so episode three is on the brainstorming block. The outline for this one was MUCH easier than RTP, so hopefully the writing will be as well.
                    *sends good vibes*

Wow, that's quick And re the SGU tweaking that may or may not be needed: you were right to bring it up, but if SGU ends up by diverging too far from what is written (as in, something that can't be fixed with a few added lines) then maybe a disclaimer at the start might be all that is warranted? After all, these eps were planned well before SGU aired. I'm sure readers would understand.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                    Hey Sparky fans I need help brain storm a Sparky story for a bunny exchange would anyone like to help VIA PM?
                    I doubt I could come up with anything fic worthy
                    sigpic

Comment

*Runs in* My sparkies, it's been so long. Yeah, life is taking up way too much of my time. I'm glad our series is coming along well. Off for coffee and emissions testing!
                      "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Heeheehee!

Awwww, that's a cute kitty!

Nighty-night, FH, and have pleasant dreams about Kate and Teyla!

I so need to check out the free iBooks; I've been looking at the free Nook ebooks with the Nook app. Is yummies!
                        Oh do check out iBooks. For some reason the little bookcase just makes me feel good. And I love turning the pages like a real book. We've also synced up Mr. SR's Kindle and can share books. Such fun. In fact, I can just sync RTP as a document on there and he can read it also. (Don't worry, it will be a while before he gets to it. I'm not passing it around or anything.) I love the 21st century.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                          Aren't they? And re Woolsey, if it's the situation I'm thinking of, my comment was he is such a doofus. Unless it was the other one, in which case I did a hearty belly laugh
                          Doofus! That's the word I was looking for!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                          Wow, that's quick And re the SGU tweaking that may or may not be needed: you were right to bring it up, but if SGU ends up by diverging too far from what is written (as in, something that can't be fixed with a few added lines) then maybe a disclaimer at the start might be all that is warranted? After all, these eps were planned well before SGU aired. I'm sure readers would understand.
                          I'm sure we'll be adding a disclaimer regardless of how it goes with SGU.

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                          *Runs in* My sparkies, it's been so long. Yeah, life is taking up way too much of my time. I'm glad our series is coming along well. Off for coffee and emissions testing!
                          PK! Good to see you, buddy! How've you been? Hopefully your life is busy in a good way!

Oh do check out iBooks. For some reason the little bookcase just makes me feel good. And I love turning the pages like a real book. We've also synced up Mr. SR's Kindle and can share books. Such fun. In fact, I can just sync RTP as a document on there and he can read it also. (Don't worry, it will be a while before he gets to it. I'm not passing it around or anything.) I love the 21st century.
                          I like how you can add PDFs in iBooks, too. That's what gave me the idea to offer Atlantis Rising in PDF format (as well as HTML webpages) so that our audience could read it on the go. Good stuff!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Doofus! That's the word I was looking for!

I'm sure we'll be adding a disclaimer regardless of how it goes with SGU.

PK! Good to see you, buddy! How've you been? Hopefully your life is busy in a good way!

I like how you can add PDFs in iBooks, too. That's what gave me the idea to offer Atlantis Rising in PDF format (as well as HTML webpages) so that our audience could read it on the go. Good stuff!
                            Love that idea. At some point we can talk about audio format also. We are a multi-function group. \0/
                            sigpic

Comment

Love that idea. At some point we can talk about audio format also. We are a multi-function group. \0/
                              Do you guys still need art and graphics? I'd like to help with that since I missed my chance to write.
                              BALCONIES
                              sigpic

Comment

*honks into hanky; wipes eyes* OMG! I just finished RTP and I'm just overcome...overcome I tell you. Now, what was I supposed to be doing? Checking the grammar. Oh crap.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                                Do you guys still need art and graphics? I'd like to help with that since I missed my chance to write.
                                Art is always welcome. Anyone who wants to do art can start working up some ideas. Things with earth, the city in space, expedition members in various groups looking worried, Nancy, the IOA members, etc. Once everyone can read it, you'll get more ideas.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X